Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2022, 11:48   #2806
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
This looks like 3 inch fog but not sure if its OE or the shroud has been cut to accommodate it:

ZX ones look way too small:
Manufacturers usually never change fog light mounts for a long time to come even if their positions are moved. In the same way Toyota have been using the same mounting design for many years including other models like Fortuner, Corolla, Camry too. For the ZX I think the mount is regular 3inch but the shroud and the assembly is small which would be a part of the changes in the facelift. And the same case for the GX which would allow fitting of aftermarket lamps. If both the shroud and the mount was smaller, just cutting the shroud would not work and the mounts would have also been needed to cut. Hence my gut feeling is that the mounts remain the same as before and its only the design of the fog lights that have been made smaller with a new seat for the smaller lights.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 13:33   #2807

A small query,

While doing highway speeds on my Crysta, I could hear a lot of wind noise coming inside the cabin mostly from the front passenger side.

I stopped the car and made sure all doors were properly shut and windows were sealed. But again, after crossing 70 kmph the noise returned.

Just wanted to clarify if this was a fault in my car or has anyone else experienced the same?
Old 3rd January 2022, 16:18   #2808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abk98 View Post
A small query,

While doing highway speeds on my Crysta, I could hear a lot of wind noise coming inside the cabin mostly from the front passenger side.

I stopped the car and made sure all doors were properly shut and windows were sealed. But again, after crossing 70 kmph the noise returned.

Just wanted to clarify if this was a fault in my car or has anyone else experienced the same?
This could be due to the window visors, but I have not checked without them to be sure.
Old 3rd January 2022, 19:06   #2809
Senior - BHPian

Like I had mentioned in my Ownership report (Toyota Innova Crysta ownership report. EDIT: Engine replaced (page 9)), the noise in my car was due to improper sealing of the windshield.

In my case the gap in sealant was behind the dashboard. They diagnosed and fixed it and now there is a significant improvement in NVH.

I suspect that is the case for some of these NVH issues
Old 6th January 2022, 16:09   #2810
BHPian

Our current car is a Honda City which was purchased towards the end of December 2014 and I guess it’s time now for a replacement.Having considered the various options available in the market I’m veering towards the Innova Crysta,the budget being capped at Rs.25 lakhs. I would be glad to have inputs from fellow members on this forum to ease the decision-making process
Old 6th January 2022, 22:12   #2811
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narendranath View Post
Our current car is a Honda City which was purchased towards the end of December 2014 and I guess it’s time now for a replacement.Having considered the various options available in the market I’m veering towards the Innova Crysta,the budget being capped at Rs.25 lakhs. I would be glad to have inputs from fellow members on this forum to ease the decision-making process
If you are looking for comfortable people mover that can carry 5-6 people with luggage, Innova is a good choice. If you are intending to buy car for its features, Innova will fall short. Innova is old compared to newer cars in market and misses features in comparison.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 23:33   #2812
BHPian

Thank you Pridered! I ain’t too keen on excessive features.Reliability,ease of maintenance,overall good ownership experience etc are my topmost considerations.On this score,I guess Innova Crysta comes out triumphant explaining the premium people are prepared to pay for this car.
Old 6th January 2022, 23:40   #2813
BHPian

I have in mind GX 8 seater for the cost effectiveness it affords.which is better,manual transmission or automatic?
Old 6th January 2022, 23:53   #2814
Distinguished - BHPian

I am thinking of disabling the pitch bounce control feature in my Crysta. From what I could decipher of its functioning, whenever the car goes over a hump or an unsettling pothole, it mutes the throttle inputs for a second or two and slowly ramps up to the amount pressed by the driver as the suspension movement reduces. Of course this enables for a very smooth takeoff from a speed breaker, but with the downside of delayed acceleration. This makes me press more of the throttle which is already pretty sensitive in Normal mode after crossing a hump. Since the PBC is active, the car hesitates for a moment and after a second it launches forward forcing me to reduce throttle input. This mainly happens while crossing an undulation while when the road surface is smooth acceleration is as expected.

Hence I'm thinking of disabling this since Bangalore roads have so many issues that makes you slow down, and after this there is a second of delay before the car literally takes off. Has anyone tried this and experienced a positive/negative change?
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 11:17   #2815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narendranath View Post
I have in mind GX 8 seater for the cost effectiveness it affords.which is better,manual transmission or automatic?
If we were considering the pre-facelift Innova Crysta, I would definitely have recommended the 2.8 GX AT, primarily because of the higher power figures in comparison to the 2.4 GX MT, which IMHO is worth the premium that the AT had carried over the MT.

However, since the 2.8L engine has been discontinued in the Crysta, I would suggest to go for the MT, as I do not see any reason to pay a premium for an AT. If you would like your driving experience to be a breeze, then I would definitely suggest the AT, considering the dimensions of the vehicle and the resulting difficulty in maneuvering in city traffic, though there shouldn't be any noticeable difference if the primary usage of your vehicle is for highway drives.
karthi.stark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 11:54   #2816
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I am thinking of disabling the pitch bounce control feature in my Crysta. From what I could decipher of its functioning, whenever the car goes over a hump or an unsettling pothole, it mutes the throttle inputs for a second or two and slowly ramps up to the amount pressed by the driver as the suspension movement reduces. Of course this enables for a very smooth takeoff from a speed breaker, but with the downside of delayed acceleration. This makes me press more of the throttle which is already pretty sensitive in Normal mode after crossing a hump. Since the PBC is active, the car hesitates for a moment and after a second it launches forward forcing me to reduce throttle input. This mainly happens while crossing an undulation while when the road surface is smooth acceleration is as expected.

Hence I'm thinking of disabling this since Bangalore roads have so many issues that makes you slow down, and after this there is a second of delay before the car literally takes off. Has anyone tried this and experienced a positive/negative change?
Is this configurable? While I understand there is a sensor to control the torque, I quite like this, especially on highway drives. While the ride on 16inch is tad too soft for my liking, 17inch tires and pitch/bounce control adds lot more confidence while driving at higher speeds.

Just noticed stabilizer/pitch and bounce is missing in Petrol Fortuner, possible same is missing in Petrol Innova too?

Last edited by PrideRed : 7th January 2022 at 12:07.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 12:17   #2817
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Is this configurable? While I understand there is a sensor to control the torque, I quite like this, especially on highway drives.
Just noticed stabilizer/pitch and bounce is missing in Petrol Fortuner, possible same is missing in Petrol Innova too?
It is configurable through the VCI interface. I had seen this option in the Techstream tool sometime ago. There is only an option to turn it on or off but no adjustment like in VW. On the highway it works well especially when the car is loaded, thereby making the ride very comfortable for passengers even while accelerating. But in Bangalore, due to the numerous potholes and speedbreakers, it sort of makes the throttle response non linear when we want to accelerate after slowing down on the numerous humps. Hence I was thinking of shutting it off and seeing if it has some side effects.
Old 7th January 2022, 12:38   #2818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthi.stark View Post
If we were considering the pre-facelift Innova Crysta, I would definitely have recommended the 2.8 GX AT, primarily because of the higher power figures in comparison to the 2.4 GX MT, which IMHO is worth the premium that the AT had carried over the MT.

However, since the 2.8L engine has been discontinued in the Crysta, I would suggest to go for the MT, as I do not see any reason to pay a premium for an AT. If you would like your driving experience to be a breeze, then I would definitely suggest the AT, considering the dimensions of the vehicle and the resulting difficulty in maneuvering in city traffic, though there shouldn't be any noticeable difference if the primary usage of your vehicle is for highway drives.
Thank you Karthi for your response.Though the 2.8L engine has been discontinued for the Crysta,the torque figure for the 2.4L engine has been retained I guess.In that sense the difference in drivability would have been minimised.But you’re indeed right about the 2.8L engine affording a better driving experience.My driving requirement calls for a mix of city and highway,the former exceeding the latter.Hence I’ve been toying with the idea of going in for the automatic,which would be my first automatic.But I’m cagey about the possible drop in fuel efficiency and higher maintenance costs.Am I right in having this apprehension?
Old 7th January 2022, 13:15   #2819
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
It is configurable through the VCI interface. I had seen this option in the Techstream tool sometime ago. There is only an option to turn it on or off but no adjustment like in VW. On the highway it works well especially when the car is loaded, thereby making the ride very comfortable for passengers even while accelerating.
Makes sense. Are you planning to do this with the dealer's help? Or do you already have access to a Techsream system? I have been searching online for Techstream cable and software. VAG owners do a lot of stuff using the VCDS software and cable. I was wondering if it is possible for Toyota owners too.
padmrajravi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 13:22   #2820
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
Makes sense. Are you planning to do this with the dealer's help? Or do you already have access to a Techsream system? I have been searching online for Techstream cable and software. VAG owners do a lot of stuff using the VCDS software and cable. I was wondering if it is possible for Toyota owners too.
I have the cable and tool with me. But its not the same as what the dealers use here but since these are global models at least 80% of the functionality and the configurable items are the same. For example I do not have the option to configure the speed alerts. But there are a lot of other options/diagnostics available.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks