Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2022, 10:35   #2851
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Both the Innova Crysta and Fortuner have conservative fuel gauges. After the range shows refuel-now or -- on the MID, both the Crysta and Fortuner can still go for atleast 50-80 kms, although it’s not recommended.

Even I got to know this, when a Innova cabbie told me and then a Crysta cabbie as well.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 23rd January 2022 at 10:36.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2022, 13:21   #2852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccentric View Post
My honest suggestion: Look elsewhere

The only reasonable diesel Innova to be bought is GX auto.It takes care of ride comfort on bad roads and the autobox takes care of droning noise.The Z trim is just a cash cow of Toyota.

Last edited by bblost : 23rd January 2022 at 14:08. Reason: reduced size of quoted text.
Encyclopedic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 17:42   #2853

Hello All - Happy to let you know that I have recently taken possession of a 2.4 GX Auto Diesel in Garnet Red earlier this month. Thanks to all the contributors to this thread whose inputs helped me finalise my choice. What started out as a requirement for a second car due to offices restarting this year led me to consider many options

- Used: Was interested only in the T-badge here as I have never been a buyer in the used car market. Considered few options of Yaris and Altis across Spinny & Ola but somehow did not get the right vibes. The Crysta's that I saw in U Trust and Spinny were highly priced and did not feel like spending 15-20 L for the high mileage ones that I saw. In the limited efforts that I made online I also could not locate direct owners and that put this source to rest.

- New: Considered Creta/ Alcazar/ Tucson as alternatives as we already have a sedan and wanted a more spacious and robust car for the roads that we have today. Between these the Tucson was a serious alternative - the build quality, driving pleasure and overall fit and finish doesn't feel like a Hyundai at all . While I had commenced negotiations for the 2WD AT and was getting a good deal the only nagging point was that we found the ride in the 4WD test vehicle bouncy - not sure if this was due to over inflated tyres or otherwise. The SA mentioned that he had taken this offloading with some potential buyers outside of Mumbai and hence a service was due.

In the meanwhile (this was mid Dec) we decided to take a test drive of the Crysta and took it through the same patches. Despite the size the Crysta is as easy to drive - almost like a sedan (this observation is spot on from the review) in the city and I was completely at ease finding the perfect position. While we did not honestly need the third row as a package this made sense for us - factors like ownership longevity (my current sedan is 9 yrs old), reliability (coming from a Hyundai) and comfortable drives tilted the decision in this favour.

Purchase Experience: Given news of potential price hikes in 2022 I started shopping around with multiple dealers. Not surprisingly there was limited inventory with all dealers (chip shortages/ YE reductions etc. probably playing a key role) if you were specific of color and model. Finally closed the deal for a Nov 21 VIN that had just recently landed at dealer stockyard after performing the team BHP PDI and paid in full by end Dec. Registration was completed in first week of Jan and took possession later that week. All in the process was smooth, quick and professionally handled - would be happy to recommend my SA at Lakozy to any one in Mumbai.

Accessories: Got the interiors done up like the top end, installed fogs, rear view camera and rear bike protector from the dealer. I plan to get underbody done during the first service and have ordered 7D mats from a dealer in Delhi who a fellow BHPian has tried out. I also got the engine cover ordered and installed prior to delivery.

Haven't drive the car much so far (~400 kms) so will post updates as we go along.

Thanks to all the fellow owners. Cheers!
anand253 is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 23:52   #2854
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
Filled rank today after RANGE showed 20km and "Fill Fuel" indication showed in MID. Surprisingly only 41.5 Lt needed to fill the tank.
Today since I was on the airport road in Bangalore, I drove for quite some time after the low fuel warning came and the fuel gauge was right at the E mark. Yet, only 43L of fuel went in until the auto shutoff. So I assume there was easily 10L of fuel left in the tank.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 00:04   #2855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Today since I was on the airport road in Bangalore, I drove for quite some time after the low fuel warning came and the fuel gauge was right at the E mark. Yet, only 43L of fuel went in until the auto shutoff. So I assume there was easily 10L of fuel left in the tank.
The auto cut off tends to kick in much earlier when we're filling a near empty tank, possibly because of the ripples.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 01:19   #2856
Senior - BHPian

Since we are contemplating we might buy a Crysta Automatic diesel maybe in a couple of months if things workout as planned, I had a few questions.

The current diamond cut alloy wheels in the G version somehow look puny, wayyy smaller than the earlier cream non diamond cut ones that used to come in lower variants, why is that so? Has something changed recently in the Crysta models?
humyum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 17:56   #2857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand253 View Post

Accessories: Got the interiors done up like the top end, installed fogs, rear view camera and rear bike protector from the dealer. I plan to get underbody done during the first service and have ordered 7D mats from a dealer in Delhi who a fellow BHPian has tried out. I also got the engine cover ordered and installed prior to delivery.
Congratulations on your new car. How much did you pay for the accessories in total? Can you provide a breakup or otherwise a lump sum estimate.
Kartikaygaur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 19:29   #2858

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartikaygaur View Post
Congratulations on your new car. How much did you pay for the accessories in total? Can you provide a breakup or otherwise a lump sum estimate.
Thanks. I took what is called the semi interior package for ~ 55k that includes the tan interiors covering seats, arm rests, gear lever and door trims, faux wood inserts on doors and dash, silver inserts and faux wood steering wheel. The rear bike protector, fog and rear view camera is about ~25k while the standard TGA pack is ~ 19k and provides floor mats, mudflaps, window rain visors, cushions, muffler cutter and seatbelt cushion.
anand253 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 21:06   #2859
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Since we are contemplating we might buy a Crysta Automatic diesel maybe in a couple of months if things workout as planned, I had a few questions.

The current diamond cut alloy wheels in the G version somehow look puny, wayyy smaller than the earlier cream non diamond cut ones that used to come in lower variants, why is that so? Has something changed recently in the Crysta models?
Nothing changed, probably the color and design playing its part. Design looks very similar to the one in Baleno but is not the same alloy as one in Innova has 5 lug nuts.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2022, 22:14   #2860
BANNED

Are they hooks intended for hanging bags?

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-hook_left.png

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-hook_right.png
Old 30th January 2022, 22:33   #2861
BHPian

Quote:
Are they hooks intended for hanging bags?

The bottom hook is actually a seat belt holder to keep the seat belts in place after use.
WhiteSierra is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 00:33   #2862
BHPian

I have a question for those who have installed the engine cover.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4533306 (Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review)

Does it make a difference for NVH on the GX AT?
I just got some damping done on the hood and it has helped a little.

Regards

nikhil.nayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 12:21   #2863
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSierra View Post
The bottom hook is actually a seat belt holder to keep the seat belts in place after use.
Thanks. Then, the above one - intended to hang bags?
Old 31st January 2022, 13:39   #2864
jav
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Then, the above one - intended to hang bags?
Yes its to hang bags, secure loose bags etc. as long as its not too heavy, normal grocery or shopping bags should be fine to hang as even i do the same
jav is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 23:36   #2865
BANNED

In GX2.4, i never saw an option like "After Refuel" as shown in this picture. Is it available only in V and Z variant or exist in GX too?Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_20220203_233111.jpg
Wheels is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed