Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2022, 23:38   #3061
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I have never switched off the display off late but I remember on pressing the power button I would get two options, to turn off the screen and to turn off the unit itself. Not sure if I recall right though.
Not sure about the older Crysta's but the new one doesnt. I asked several folks at the dealership and turns out there is no such option. I can turn off the display from the menu and audio as well, but no way to turn off the entire head unit.
sreejinair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 22:38   #3062
BHPian

Guys does it make sense to buy the existing Crysta automatic model considering Toyota is planning to launch a new one very soon?

I am worried about parts availability in the future.
macbeth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 22:53   #3063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbeth View Post
Guys does it make sense to buy the existing Crysta automatic model considering Toyota is planning to launch a new one very soon?

Parts availability shouldn't be an issue, also isn't the upgrade a petrol hybrid only? If yes imagine the pricing
sreejinair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 07:09   #3064
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbeth View Post

Qualis still gets service and parts are available, though it is not as easy as before. Have to book parts early. But then, it is 17+ years since the Qualis was stopped. You can even take an old import Toyota to get it serviced from their A.S.S.

The Innova Crysta is the last model that you should worry having spare parts availability for the next 20 years.
DicKy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 17:36   #3065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
Parts availability shouldn't be an issue, also isn't the upgrade a petrol hybrid only? If yes imagine the pricing
Is it advisable now at this juncture to go in for Innova Crysta automatic? I have already made the booking in early February and am awaiting delivery…
Old 8th June 2022, 17:42   #3066
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narendranath View Post
Is it advisable now at this juncture to go in for Innova Crysta automatic? I have already made the booking in early February and am awaiting delivery…
Yes sir, I booked it in April and and was lucky to get an early delivery.
Old 8th June 2022, 23:02   #3067
BHPian

Quote:
Yes sir, I booked it in April and and was lucky to get an early delivery.
Yes sir,you seem to be luckier than me.From your response I take it that even now,with all the new developments and the risk of being rendered obsolete, it makes sense to purchase the Innova Crysta.Right?
Old 9th June 2022, 12:19   #3068
BHPian

Quote:
Yes sir,you seem to be luckier than me.From your response I take it that even now,with all the new developments and the risk of being rendered obsolete, it makes sense to purchase the Innova Crysta.Right?
Even today the company is producing it, people are buying the same in good numbers, then why would think that there is a risk of it being rendered obsolete ? may be, there is a specific thought which you might have, which i cannot understand.

I am asking this because, even i am thinking of replacing my 6 year old Z MT Crysta and buy a new Automatic Crysta and keep it for a long time.

Swami
swami69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 12:29   #3069
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am sure even the last produced Crystas will be lapped up by customers without any discounts and given the consistent price increases and the expected new variant to be priced much higher, the car will have enough demand even after production is ceased. That is the brand value Innova and Crysta have got.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 10:18   #3070

I have a Tein EDFC Active Pro on my crysta.
I am struggling though with the configuration. Do you know anyone in Bangalore who can help with this?
Old 10th June 2022, 17:16   #3071
BHPian

As stupid as I may sound, but I'm in utter dillema. Not able to make the decision. Its not even a mind vs heart thing anymore.

Few months back we test drove the Tata Safari XZA+ and were absolutely floored by the overall ride quality, plush interiors, gem of an engine & transmission. The car was flawless and we were about to make the booking.

That very weekend, my uncle suggested and infact drove me to test drive the Innova Crysta Automatic and we did! And, I came impressed with the overall ride quality, fit & finish. And he went on to talk about the reliability & the ease of ownership, etc. Its a proven product from a company with its legacy of manufacturing top-quality products which just live on!

Now, coming to my predicament. The cost differential between these two options is about 4Lakhs, considering the on-road prices in Bangalore. From an affordability perspective, I can go for either.

But, I'm in two minds right now - 'Not able to convince myself paying the differential'.

So, posting it here on the Innova Crysta thread - "Why should one buy a Innova Crysta ZX AT in 2022, over everything else ?"

Please help!
Thumping Soul is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 20:24   #3072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumping Soul View Post
But, I'm in two minds right now - 'Not able to convince myself paying the differential'.

So, posting it here on the Innova Crysta thread - "Why should one buy a Innova Crysta ZX AT in 2022, over everything else ?"

Please help!
1. Fuss free ownership
2. Reliability
3. Excellent resale value
4. I'm sure there are more points, but these came to mind while typing

By the way the price difference in Maharashtra is around 2.5L (Safari XZA Plus Gold 6 S vs Innova Crysta ZX 2.4 AT 7 STR)

Last edited by sreejinair : 10th June 2022 at 20:28.
sreejinair is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 20:39   #3073
BHPian

Quote:
1. Fuss free ownership
2. Reliability
3. Excellent resale value
4. I'm sure there are more points, but these came to mind while typing

By the way the price difference in Maharashtra is around 2.5L (Safari XZA Plus Gold 6 S vs Innova Crysta ZX 2.4 AT 7 STR)
Ex showroom for the Safari Adventure Persona XZA+ 7s is approx 28L and that of Innova Crysta ZX 2.4AT 7s is 32L.

That's just the quoted price. Haven't had a negotiation as yet. But I'm heavily inclined towards Innova. Planning to visit Nandi Toyota tomorrow. Will keep you guys posted.

Any idea what could be the waiting period for the 'Garnet Red' color?
Thumping Soul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 20:39   #3074
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I've been in this position for the last few months and eventually booked the Crysta ZX AT. I test drove the Safari and XUV700.

Why I chose the Crysta:

+ Third row is the most spacious
+ Third row is three seater vs. the two seater for both the above. Ideal for only two but they'll be more comfortable in the Crysta. In XUV700 and Safari, the body moulds are very intrusive
+ Crysta has the most boot space with the third row up
+ More reliable

The ONLY reason I'd have not chosen the Crysta is the lack of bench row in the ZX AT.

A friend owns the top end Safari (AT), and within a year, he's already visited the service centre four times for various niggles/issues.

EDIT:

Quote:
Haven't had a negotiation as yet. But I'm heavily inclined towards Innova. Planning to visit Nandi Toyota tomorrow. Will keep you guys posted.

Any idea what could be the waiting period for the 'Garnet Red' color?
Incidentally, I've booked mine in garnet red as well. I'm hoping for delivery first week of July; will be two months since booking.

Unlikely that there will be a lot of negotiation. May be some freebies (3M coating or the likes). There's a waiting period of two-three months minimum. Longer for garnet red, since it is not the most popular.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 10th June 2022 at 20:56.
libranof1987 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 21:36   #3075
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Now, coming to my predicament. The cost differential between these two options is about 4Lakhs, considering the on-road prices in Bangalore. From an affordability perspective, I can go for either.

"Why should one buy a Innova Crysta ZX AT in 2022, over everything else ?"
1. You loved both cars and haven't mentioned any negatives of either.
2. You haven't yet mentioned the typical excuses of 'Safari styling is awesome, tugs at heart', 'Innova is van/taxi/boring/poor image'
3. You can afford both easily.

Buy the Innova!!!!

Innova.
1. Proper 8 seater with bootspace for a couple of duffle bags.
2. Mechanically sorted and strong underpinnings.
3. Ergonomically sound.
4. You won't be in first name basis with your SA.
5. You can be assured of parts availability and service as long as the government allows you to keep the vehicle.

Safari.
1. The brand name has an aura piggybacking on the OG's image.
2. Eye candy for the public.
3. Better music system. Oh, panoramic sunroof too.

The four lakhs difference is nothing if you want a reliable steed or plan to keep the vehicle 5+ years.
DicKy is offline   (11) Thanks

Most Viewed