Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2022, 13:58   #3091
BANNED

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
The anti pinch feature used to be available during the initial days in the top end variants atleast ( it might even be present on the lower variants ). Are you sure it's not there?
My relative who sat in the passenger seat at front got his fingers hurt mildly when i rolled up. I didn't see the window roll down automatically or stop.
Wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 14:10   #3092
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
The one missing feature that i regret in Innova Crysta is the Anti-Pinch window glass. It can accidentally hurt the co-passengers finger. I believe this is not available in Toyota accessories. Is it feasible from market?
If this was available in the earlier models from the same generation, you can try sourcing that window regulator (lifter). The regulator has the pressure sensor built into a small circuit which senses any object or resistance and reverses the direction of motion. From what I know, it is not possible to install this feature from the aftermarket.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 14:49   #3093
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My relative who sat in the passenger seat at front got his fingers hurt mildly when i rolled up. I didn't see the window roll down automatically or stop.
Checked this in my 2022 ZX variant and the feature is very much present on all windows. Rolled up glass with one touch and it stopped and went down on sensing obstacle.
poloman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 14:58   #3094
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Checked this in my 2022 ZX variant and the feature is very much present on all windows. Rolled up glass with one touch and it stopped and went down on sensing obstacle.
Well, it may work in auto window up/down feature. In GX, it's only manual up/down for front passenger and rear windows. Don't we have the anti-pinch feature even in manual up/down scenario? The incident i reported was in manual up action.
Old 15th June 2022, 15:07   #3095
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, it may work in auto window up/down feature. In GX, it's only manual up/down for front passenger and rear windows. Don't we have the anti-pinch feature even in manual up/down scenario? The incident i reported was in manual up action.
Worked in manual up/down as well. But felt that the glass pinches you a little hard before it stops and move back.
Old 17th June 2022, 16:22   #3096
Senior - BHPian

What kind of fuel efficiency can we expect from Petrol AT? Is it at least in double digits? With such a huge size and 2.7 engine, I suspect it might be around 8-10 kmpl in the city traffic.

I cannot afford to have two cars, one for B2B traffic and one for highway trips, hence asking.

The difference between top of the line Petrol AT vs Diesel AT is close to 3 lakhs, in Pune.

P.S. - I wish they had provided heated ORVMs in the top end variant, at least. In general, this feature is VERY rare in India. I am not sure if it is a complex feature to provide in all cars.

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 17th June 2022 at 16:29.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 16:29   #3097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
What kind of fuel efficiency can we expect from Petrol AT? Is it at least in double digits? With such a huge size and 2.7 engine, I suspect it might be around 8-10 kmpl in the city traffic.
Hello Ajay,
The fuel efficiency of petrol is around 7-8 kmpl in the city. The diesel gives around 10kmpl in the city.
If efficiency is of utmost importance, I suggest you get a diesel.
Regards,
Powertrain
powertrain is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 16:29   #3098
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What kind of fuel efficiency can we expect from Petrol AT?
Do note that the petrol Innova is built to order so lead time is often 4-6 months, and on complete payment. This is as per two dealerships in Pune.
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 16:33   #3099
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello Ajay,
The fuel efficiency of petrol is around 7-8 kmpl in the city. The diesel gives around 10kmpl in the city.
If efficiency is of utmost importance, I suggest you get a diesel.
Regards,
Powertrain
Thanks. My guess was right. With 10 kmpl, it is not something I will go for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Do note that the petrol Innova is built to order so lead time is often 4-6 months, and on complete payment. This is as per two dealerships in Pune.
Crap. 4-6 months waiting period is illogical. For most folks, who are planning to buy a new car, waiting for such a long period is difficult. Need to look somewhere else now.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 17:49   #3100
BHPian

Quote:
Here's why I didn't consider the GX:

1) Three airbags vs ZX's seven
2) Manual a/c
3) No heat rejection glass
4) Halogen headlights
5) Rear defogger

Then, there are several features that aren't exactly deal breakers but not something I don't want in my car in 2022. Especially at this price point.
I own a 2019 GX Auto 2.8 diesel Crysta, which came with the rear defogger as standard. Was this feature excluded in the facelift?

The facelift, AFAIK, does even offer traction control as standard with the Auto gearbox, why would Toyota miss out on a rear defogger? As you correctly said, this should not be the case at this price point.
Old 17th June 2022, 22:05   #3101
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechb63 View Post
I own a 2019 GX Auto 2.8 diesel Crysta, which came with the rear defogger as standard. Was this feature excluded in the facelift?
Yes. Unlikely of Toyota to do so, but thank God they left the rear wiper alone.

Music system, ESP, cruise control(for automatic) and welcome/puddle lights under the ORVMs came instead.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 11:15   #3102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Yes. Unlikely of Toyota to do so, but thank God they left the rear wiper alone.

Music system, ESP, cruise control(for automatic) and welcome/puddle lights under the ORVMs came instead.
Mine did come with the Music system although, it is the old one without Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. Cruise control and puddles lights are also there in the car.

ESP is the only thing I missed out on, which unfortunately can not be retrofitted as well.
Mechb63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2022, 15:42   #3103
BHPian

Quote:
This isn't there even in the Z, I believe. The dealer has listed it for 5k odd, and mentioned they would add a button to the key, and program it.

Has it been the same for you? Is it just programming or do they add some hardware?
Had it done, nothing is going to be added to key.

They add a relay between doorpad and battery through fusebox giving additional fuse for auto folding function in fuse box.

How it works:

1) When you lock it, they close as long as there is battery power available. After switching off vehicle, if you wait for a while before locking it, they won’t close.

There’s residual battery power available after switching off engine to roll-up windows and such for maybe a minute, after that auto-fold wont work.

After this, lock and unlock a few times for it to work.

2) They won’t open when you unlock vehicle because there’s no battery supply available, they only open when ignition is turned on.

It was priced at 5k in April, Hyderabad.
Restart is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 17:00   #3104
BHPian

Quote:
What kind of fuel efficiency can we expect from Petrol AT?
Real life city driving will get you 7 to 9 KPL, highway driving under 100kmph you can get about 10, this is what I have got over last one year driving the 2.7 AT.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 20th June 2022 at 17:02. Reason: Broken quote tags
dexter78 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 11:51   #3105
BHPian

Quote:
This isn't there even in the Z, I believe. The dealer has listed it for 5k odd, and mentioned they would add a button to the key, and program it.

Has it been the same for you? Is it just programming or do they add some hardware?
They add a hardware in the door for this feature.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks