Reminded me of the trip we did in Dec last year. Same spot

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-p_20211229_112412.jpg

Odo reading then.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-p_20211229_113935.jpg
Sankar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2022, 13:57   #3302
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

My Crysta has completed 6 months 6000KM. Nothing to report, no issues, touchwood..! No DPF related issues so far. Overall mileage close to 13KM 50:50 is impressive. Only taking Crysta for highway drives now a days since family is used to the comfort.
Some snaps with the elder brother who is at 13 years trending 100000KM
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20221004_125727.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20221004_125806.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20221004_125747.jpg  

poloman is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th October 2022, 23:24   #3303

Dear All,

I, owner of Innova Crysta ZX Diesel AT top end - 2022 model, have two issues:

1. I am unable to understand the behaviour of vehicle’s AUTO folding mirror - ORVM. When I press the lock button in the door after switching off the engine, side view mirror is getting auto-folded sometimes and NOT sometime. When it is NOT, I have to press the lock button in the door couple of times - twice, thrice and sometimes, four to get the fold the mirror. Is it a malfunction or I am missing something?

2. Vehicle does NOT come with AUTO DIM feature for it’s IRVM. Can I buy it in the outside market with AUTO DIM feature? Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Old 6th October 2022, 12:23   #3304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muruan View Post
Dear All,

I, owner of Innova Crysta ZX Diesel AT top end - 2022 model, have two issues:

1. I am unable to understand the behaviour of vehicle’s AUTO folding mirror - ORVM. When I press the lock button in the door after switching off the engine, side view mirror is getting auto-folded sometimes and NOT sometime. When it is NOT, I have to press the lock button in the door couple of times - twice, thrice and sometimes, four to get the fold the mirror. Is it a malfunction or I am missing something?

2. Vehicle does NOT come with AUTO DIM feature for it’s IRVM. Can I buy it in the outside market with AUTO DIM feature? Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
1. This is most probably an issue with the controller unit. You can make some videos of the problem and share it with your dealer and ask them to fix the issue. Unfortunately it will not happen every time and so you may not be able to give a live demo to the dealer. You can see if there is any specific pattern that leads to the issue (e.g. switching off the car, unlocking only the driver's door and then manually unlocking all the other doors from the drivers door console and then locking the car etc.). Otherwise make several videos (different dates and times) and have the videos show your registration number as well. The dealer may remove and reinstall the control unit and if that does not solve the issue, you can insist that they replace the module etc. A few others have also reported a similar issue on this thread earlier.

2. Not really sure if there is an aftermarket one that you can fit. If the wiring harness has the connection for the auto-dimming IRVM, then it should be doable.
pjbiju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 12:27   #3305
Senior - BHPian

Just got our Crysta GX Diesel Auto Delivered yesterday and have run the car for 130 odd kilometers.

In the stockyard, it was at 3, the dealer delivered it at 36 kilometers which is about the distance from the stock yard to the dealer's showroom.

First Impressions:

- The pickup is mindblowing, I mean, tap the accelerator and you will think let me get to 90 and you are already at 120, the masking of speed is just amazing. This is in eco mode, I haven't tried normal as well as power yet

- The gears changes are seamless, downshift sometimes is hesitant, like it will shift one gear and then shift another after a second or so, will check this out overtime, maybe I am not pressing the accelerator hard enough at one go for it to shift 2 gears at a time. Downshifts in S mode are instantaneous, amazing for engine braking

- The handling is very car like, I was able to zip in and out of lanes even though I have migrated from a Swift and driving an Innova technically the first time sans the test drive I did a couple of months back.

- Mileage after our full tank yesterday has been hovering around 11.5 to 12 in Mumbai city traffic with a light foot and in Eco mode. I think this needs a bigger fuel tank as with a tank up, it was showing only 500 kilometers of range, I am sure that will change once it goes on a highway trip but still, I think a 65-68 litre tank should have been given. I am use to the Swift going like 700 kilometers on her 43 liter tank, so it was surprising that at 100 kilometers after full tank the fuel needle went down a bit, in the Swift it moves only at around 150-180 km.

- AC is a chiller

- Space Space Space, oodles of it and in atmost comfort. I have the 8 seater one and we got back from the showroom with 7 people in the car, just amazing.

- Cruise control was easy to use and I got it going in no time.

More as I drove more of it but if I were to rate the car its 5/5.
humyum is online now   (26) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 12:05   #3306
Senior - BHPian

Man, I am so excited, that the last post was mine in this thread and now I am posting again too. We went for a 700 kilometer roadtrip yesterday as next week we are planning to go on a 15 day roadtrip to either North or South and wanted to get the first service done before that.

When we left from home and wanted to refuel at the fuel station on the Mumbai Pune Expressway which is right after the first toll.

After a full tank, the range shown was 456 with average kmpl of 10.8. A little fear did run down my spine about how am I going to live with a car which gives such a low mileage?

Come 400 kilometers and that had improved to 15.4 kmpl and after we got back on the other side of the expressway after driving for 580 kilometers and recalculated the mileage full tank to full tank, it came to 15 which I think is not bad for a 600-700 km run automatic diesel innova, which I think will improve more as kilometers pass by. The entire trip was done in eco mode.

Observations from the highway drive.

1) The steering passes the feedback from potholes to the steering wheel, sometimes can get irritating if you continuously drive over bad roads

2) The ride quality improves leaps and bounds as the speed increases, above 100, its like a magic carpet.

3) Acceleration is just phenomenal but downshifts during hard acceleration happen in stages, one gear down--one second--second gear down and then it just lunges forward with the front end lifting a bit, just amazing. All this was in eco mode, I have yet to try normal and power but for me Eco was sufficient to pass anything I ever set my eyes on.

4) Cruise control is a breeze to use but if you are say 60 and you want to resume your cruise to 110, the car will launch itself to get to 110 and not gradually increase it.

5) 100 comes up at around 1550 rpm. Lovely tall gearing. 120 is at 1800 rpm arounds. You can do silly speeds all day and not hear the engine at all.

6) During the ghats of lonavala while coming down, I used the S mode and controlled the speed with engine braking. Downshifts are very fast.

7) Regeneration happened twice during the trip. One when the odo was at 520 and second when the odo was at 800. Both the times the DPF was full till 3 points and 20 minutes, it was down to 0 and regeneration stopped.

Things I don't understand and need help with.

1) How does the alarm work? Mine is a GX Auto. I cannot hear the beep while locking or unlocking the car. Will it make a noise when someone tries to open the door when its locked? Or there is no such thing? I will try this today by locking it and sitting inside and opening the door.

2) How to fill air in the stepney? Does the wheel need to be removed to do that? The guy I regularly fill air at did not know how to do it and we went for the roadtrip without checking the air in the stepney.

3) Its a little hard push to put it in P while parking, is that normal?

4) When all the doors are locked, the drivers door too moves towards the lock position but when I pull the lever, the lock position becomes unlock and the door just opens, is that normal?

5) I have rear parking sensors which come standard with the GX trim, but I have never seen them buzzing ever. Is there something I need to do to activate them?

Last edited by humyum : 9th October 2022 at 12:14.
humyum is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 15:17   #3307
jav
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
1) How does the alarm work? Mine is a GX Auto. I cannot hear the beep while locking or unlocking the car. Will it make a noise when someone tries to open the door when its locked? Or there is no such thing? I will try this today by locking it and sitting inside and opening the door.

2) How to fill air in the stepney? Does the wheel need to be removed to do that? The guy I regularly fill air at did not know how to do it and we went for the roadtrip without checking the air in the stepney.

4) When all the doors are locked, the drivers door too moves towards the lock position but when I pull the lever, the lock position becomes unlock and the door just opens, is that normal?

5) I have rear parking sensors which come standard with the GX trim, but I have never seen them buzzing ever. Is there something I need to do to activate them?

Congratulations on your new car and best wishes, ill try to answer your questions as best as i can

point 1 - the beep for locking unlocking doesnt happen its silent, the alarm only sounds when the alarm is triggered either from the sensor inside or if someone opens locked door

No 2 - have to lower the stepney to fill air its not possible to reach the valve as its facing up

No 3 - Slotting into P or out of P is a bit hard especially when moving out of P during incline surface so that is normal

No 4 - the drivers door can be unlocked and opened even when its locked just by pulling on the door open lever, this feature is only for driver door

No 5 - There should be a Parking sensor on/off switch which says P with a green light near the dpf or headlight level buttons area, if its illuminated green then reverse sensors are active else its off.

Last edited by jav : 9th October 2022 at 15:18.
jav is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 17:28   #3308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jav View Post
No 3 - Slotting into P or out of P is a bit hard especially when moving out of P during incline surface so that is normal
Try doing this next time.
  • Before releasing the brake, apply the hand brakes properly.
  • Engage the gear level into P

When moving from P to D
  • Depress the brakes
  • Release the hand brakes
  • Move the gear to D

Let me know if you still face the problem. The trick is NOT to use the P mode as the primary mechanism to prevent the car from moving. Think of it instead as a backup for the hand brakes.

Last edited by amalji : 9th October 2022 at 17:29.
amalji is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 17:30   #3309
BHPian

Quote:
Assuming the door is locked, you can try inserting the manual key in the key slot and open it without pressing the unlock button in the remote key. The buzzer will start ringing. This creates the scenario like intruder tries to open the door illegally.
Old 10th October 2022, 12:56   #3310
BHPian

Quote:
Things I don't understand and need help with.
?
I have the same GX Auto 2022 model. I had Hyundai Verna Diesel Automatic for 8 years before this.

In all Automatic cars, you always have to keep the brakes pressed while changing gears from P to D or D to P. If you don't have the brakes pressed during changing of gears between P and D, it will be hard and risky, as the R (reverse) gear is between P and D, and if you dont move the gear lever quickly, the car will start going in reverse.

Brakes need not be pressed when you change the gears between D and S or Manual mode.
nirleo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 17:28   #3311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jav View Post
Congratulations on your new car and best wishes, ill try to answer your questions as best as i can

point 1 - the beep for locking unlocking doesnt happen its silent, the alarm only sounds when the alarm is triggered either from the sensor inside or if someone opens locked door

No 2 - have to lower the stepney to fill air its not possible to reach the valve as its facing up

No 4 - the drivers door can be unlocked and opened even when its locked just by pulling on the door open lever, this feature is only for driver door

No 5 - There should be a Parking sensor on/off switch which says P with a green light near the dpf or headlight level buttons area, if its illuminated green then reverse sensors are active else its off.
Thank you for the wishes Jav

1) Got you.

2) Man, that is going to be some exercise.

3) All right, noted.

4) Oh, its a strange thing. I have never seen this in any of the cars I have driven.

5) All right, I will check this out.

Thank you for all the help!!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
Try doing this next time.
  • Before releasing the brake, apply the hand brakes properly.
  • Engage the gear level into P

When moving from P to D
  • Depress the brakes
  • Release the hand brakes
  • Move the gear to D

Let me know if you still face the problem. The trick is NOT to use the P mode as the primary mechanism to prevent the car from moving. Think of it instead as a backup for the hand brakes.
Yes, just using it while parking to remove the key from the slot as it will not come out in any other mode than P. I will try what you have suggested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innysta View Post
Assuming the door is locked, you can try inserting the manual key in the key slot and open it without pressing the unlock button in the remote key. The buzzer will start ringing. This creates the scenario like intruder tries to open the door illegally.
I will try this out. Thank you!!
Old 11th October 2022, 09:07   #3312
Senior - BHPian

The car completed a trip to Kollur-Kodachadri. On twisty roads as expected it is a little difficult to tame the car unlike Polo.

There was no warning for low adblue. Still bought 10L of DEF fluid from Toyota dealership before the trip and the car took only 5L. This is at 6000KM. So the consumption of adblue is relatively less.
I usually fill Diesel at same HP pump near me 90% of the time. The regeneration happen mostly at 200Km intervals like clock work. Had concerns in filling fuel from Kollur, but compelled to fill from a small bunk in Nagara. To my surprise, the regeneration happened only after 350Km. Is the fuel quality in such a small place better than Bangalore? There was no change in the driving style.
Some pics from the trip.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20221009_074318.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20221009_074455.jpg  

poloman is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 12:18   #3313
Senior - BHPian

I had given my car for the first service. its a 2022 GX Diesel Auto.

Whenever you are standing in traffic and the compressor starts and stops when the car is at idle, there is a strange vibration which creeps in from the floor to the seat. It goes away as the compressor stops and there is no vibration when the compressor starts or stops when the car is in motion.

The car has run 902 kilometers.

I sat in another Crysta which had done 36 kilometers and it was a GX Auto too, same observation as mine.

Other Crysta owners can comment?
Old 11th October 2022, 12:34   #3314
BHPian

Quote:
I had given my car for the first service. its a 2022 GX Diesel Auto.

Whenever you are standing in traffic and the compressor starts and stops when the car is at idle, there is a strange vibration which creeps in from the floor to the seat. It goes away as the compressor stops and there is no vibration when the compressor starts or stops when the car is in motion.

The car has run 902 kilometers.

I sat in another Crysta which had done 36 kilometers and it was a GX Auto too, same observation as mine.

Other Crysta owners can comment?
Same here. This is normal and will be there in any car, and definitely in big SUVs like Innova as the A/c is quite powerful and will be a heavy duty one.
Old 11th October 2022, 16:39   #3315
BHPian

hello tbhp, I have taken a new Diesel Innova Crysta GX Manual. Just crossing 50KM. When I start the engine, in the morning after overnight rest, I find that there is a considerable engine clatter sound, like "a firing machine gun" and when I raise, it subsides a bit. When I continue to drive, changing gear from 1 to 2, the clatter starts again and silences, when the engine is raised above 1500 rpm or so. The clatter reappears when the car slows down to, let us say, cross a speed breaker, or make a turn, and resume journey. This clatter sound occurs intermittently for another 2-5 minutes drive, and reduces when the engine is heated to some extent. After some 2-3 km of journey, there is no such clatter sound.

I understand that in the mornings, the engine oil drains to the sump and needs time to get heated and circulated for the engine to be lubricated and thus the clatter sound would go away. However, this is my third Innova, this time BS6 and earlier BS4. None of my earlier Innova Crystas had this problem of diesel engine clatter sound.

The sound is prominent and appears such a way, that this sound cannot be ignored as a simple issue of cold engine and missing engine oil lubrication.
I consulted briefly with the dealer service center and they said not to worry and gave the standard explanation but upon insisting that this experience is new for a person who has owned Innovas previously, I was told to leave the vehile overnight so that they can check cold start the next day. Since I couldnt afford to leave the car, I have told them I would come back.

Meanwhile, any clues or ideas on this problem, appreciate your help.

Most Viewed