Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2022, 20:14   #3346
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Interesting, thanks for sharing!

Not knowing the PM accumulation is frustrating, and can cause unnecessary anxiety, esp given how a clogged filter can cripple the vehicle (in an extreme case).
Is it a function of driving style? Fuel quality? Weather?! Toyota should have used the vast real estate on the MID / Infotainment display to show the DPF and Adblue level.
That was exactly the case here. I was a bit anxious since there was no regen recently and hence did this. Soot accumulation depends on a lot of factors. Hence it's difficult to be able to predict when it will happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Thanks for sharing the details. I presume you did this at ASC via specialized software accessible to service technicians only, and it is not doable otherwise. However, in one of the T-Shield videos released by Toyota, there is mention of a "software update" that would enable triggering of manual DPF regen irrespective of DPF clogging levels, and they recommend to do so before climbing to altitudes higher than ~4,000 m beyond which DPF regeneration might not occur due to lack of Oxygen. Any info/updates on that? .
I did this at home with my own tech stream tool. Without a scan tool it is not possible to force regen. The button only works when ECU thinks regen must be done and in a few cases I have seen online, it was never offered and instead the car went to limp mode directly. I also came across this software update but I saw the video where it mentioned it's useful for vehicles regularly going to high altitudes. This patch is nothing but a recall that was done in Australia where people would get stuck with DPF issues when they were going overland or camping for a lot of time. For these people Toyota recommended to perform regen as a precautionary activity before heading out to a terrain where regen would be impractical. They are doing the same here for cars especially up north which would spend more time in the hills.

Last edited by audioholic : 31st October 2022 at 20:16.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 20:29   #3347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
I thought there is a provision to display DPF clogging levels in all Crysta's manufactured starting Nov-2020 (please see screenshot below from Fortuner's owners' manual). Is that not so? This is the case with all Fortuners manufactured starting Jan-2021.
This was made available with facelift of Crysta and Fortuner.

Quote:
My understanding is: pressing that button triggers manual regen. And that is when it displays the level of clogging.

Is there a way I can see the level of clogging without regen being triggered? Saw a video where the vlogger pressed the button when the engine wasn't running - regen wasn't triggered as it does so only when the engine is running.
Just press the Manual regen button, MID will show "Manual regen is not available" along with current level of clogging. Manual regen will happen only when auto regen is missed but not at max level which can be purged at dealer or if you have access to tool like Audioholic.

Last edited by PrideRed : 31st October 2022 at 20:31.
PrideRed is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 20:55   #3348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Interesting. Got a link?
Its available on AmazonUSA, search for B000AAMY86. They ship to India (Amazon direct through Aramex). It was USD157 five years ago and now its USD159.

Last edited by Sankar : 31st October 2022 at 21:02.
Sankar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 22:46   #3349
Senior - BHPian

After purchase of your car, how long before extended warranty started showing up in Toyota Connect?

I have purchased one for 5 years and 100000 km but its not showing up in Toyota Connect. The car is 26 days old now.
humyum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 10:10   #3350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
After purchase of your car, how long before extended warranty started showing up in Toyota Connect?

I have purchased one for 5 years and 100000 km but its not showing up in Toyota Connect. The car is 26 days old now.
Have you got the extended warranty certificate from the dealer? If not, ask them to generate the extended warranty certificate and give it to you (or get a soft copy). The extended warranty should show up in the App once you do this.
pjbiju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 13:49   #3351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I did this at home with my own tech stream tool. Without a scan tool it is not possible to force regen.
Is it a licensed version? Can you help share how to get this and also guide us how to connect it to the car OBD socket?

Quote:
The button only works when ECU thinks regen must be done and in a few cases I have seen online, it was never offered and instead the car went to limp mode directly. I also came across this software update but I saw the video where it mentioned it's useful for vehicles regularly going to high altitudes.
Last week, i had a bad experience of DPF jumping from 2nd icon to 9th icon all of a sudden within 20km of trip and had to visit ASC to force clean. Odo was 12300km and usually observed DPF kicking at every 200-250km but missed in the last 200km city drive. Is it OK to DIY for the force clean?
Old 1st November 2022, 17:54   #3352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Have you got the extended warranty certificate from the dealer? If not, ask them to generate the extended warranty certificate and give it to you (or get a soft copy). The extended warranty should show up in the App once you do this.
No I haven't. I called them today and they said they its generated and I told him its not showing up on the app, he said will check and get back. Its better to have all of this in black and blue right now when its new then fight it out later.
humyum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 23:22   #3353
BHPian

Always thought that a Toyota would keep me stress free but the dpf issue has caused more concern then a stress free driving mood.

Can someone guide the exact process to manually clean the dpf. For eg. Once on a drive I see the sensor show four bars full but the regen process didn't kick in so how do I force it happen in this scenario?
Old 1st November 2022, 23:43   #3354
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie4u View Post
Always thought that a Toyota would keep me stress free but the dpf issue has caused more concern then a stress free driving mood.

Can someone guide the exact process to manually clean the dpf.
There is no need to lose your sleep. In the last 23k kms I have used the Crysta, not even once has it prompted me to manually regenerate DPF. Forget going to limp mode which is the next level. Manual regen is only possible when the Auto regen process fails and the soot level crosses a limit. Until then,you can leave things to the car to decide. Especially if you have an automatic car, this is much more seamless.

After the forced regen yesterday, I took the car on a highway trip and after covering 250kms, auto regen kicked in as usual and was reassuring. After that I have covered 100kms and will be a good point to check the PM accumulation level, just for educational purposes

Last edited by audioholic : 1st November 2022 at 23:45.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2022, 11:07   #3355
BHPian

Quote:
There is no need to lose your sleep. In the last 23k kms I have used the Crysta, not even once has it prompted me to manually regenerate DPF. Forget going to limp mode which is the next level. Manual regen is only possible when the Auto regen process fails and the soot level crosses a limit. Until then,you can leave things to the car to decide. Especially if you have an automatic car, this is much more seamless.
Thank you for the reply, the real reason for my concern was due to a situation I faced recently on my manual Innova GX.

On a long road trip from Goa-Ooty-Wayanad-Goa , I drove back from Ooty to Wayanad. The following day in Wayanad after a day of site seeing , just after fueling up at a Reliance pump , just 20 kms ahead the car suddenly went into limp mode , no warnings , no "dpf full" message and the dpf display showed only 4 bars or so. Onle dpf glow light and engine glow light On on the display.

Luckily I was near a Toyota service centre in Wayanad who promptly helped me. After connecting the laptop the service technician showed "Exhaust temperature sensor " error , he cleared the error and revved the car for 5-7mins till the temperature rose above 700. He said this could have been due to my drive at Ooty in cold temperatures.

What I didn't understand is that I drove 300kms from Ooty to Wayanad a day prior and also all day the following day and only in the late afternoon I got this error so how can this be possible that temperature sensor didn't reset to normal climate. Also the service technician said that this error could show up again on my way back to Goa (Fortunately it did not) hence my question what to do in such a situation for manual regeneration cause pressing the button did nothing.
richie4u is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2022, 14:21   #3356
BHPian

The AC in my dad's 2017 Innova Crysta stopped working suddenly, but only in the front row. It is working just fine in mid & rear, so might it be a problem in the HVAC unit or an electrical problem(eg. blown fuse).
Old 3rd November 2022, 17:34   #3357
Team-BHP Support

How does the Adblue warning work?

I had the low Adblue warning displaying a 13xx range when I topped up 5l today. I read that the Adblue tank is 13 litres; I could manage only a 5 litre can as multiple petrol pumps I checked were sold out of Ablue.

However, the warning still shows the same range, and despite a 5km run, is now at 129x. Was the 5 litre top up not enough to remove the warning?

I plan to buy two 5 litre cans tomorrow and fill it completely. (Whatever few litre spare, I'll keep at home - sealing it as best as I can - and top up a month or so later).
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2022, 18:09   #3358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How does the Adblue warning work?

I had the low Adblue warning displaying a 13xx range when I topped up 5l today. I read that the Adblue tank is 13 litres; I could manage only a 5 litre can as multiple petrol pumps I checked were sold out of Ablue.

However, the warning still shows the same range, and despite a 5km run, is now at 129x. Was the 5 litre top up not enough to remove the warning?

I plan to buy two 5 litre cans tomorrow and fill it completely. (Whatever few litre spare, I'll keep at home - sealing it as best as I can - and top up a month or so later).
How many KM's has your car clocked so far? And is this your first refill?
Warning kicks in when there AdBlue in tank to drive upto 2400KM. At this point car takes about 5-7L. Since your car is showing range of 12xx, fill some more and ideally warning should go away.
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2022, 18:55   #3359
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
How many KM's has your car clocked so far? And is this your first refill?
Odo is at 59xx, and yes, first refill. Let me fill another 5 litres and check.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 14:59   #3360
Distinguished - BHPian

I had one major gripe with the auto headlights that they were over sensitive especially during dusk or on a gloomy day when driving under tree cover. I wasn't able to adjust sensitivity using Diagnostics due to some reason and neither did the ASC have a clue regarding this. Then I came across a video on youtube which showed setting the sensitivity on the Fortuner and I realised the same works on the Crysta too

Default setting was 3 and I found 2 to my comfort. I had set it at 1 but that will mostly turn on the headlights only when it's really dark. I have made a video explaining the process here:
audioholic is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks