Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2022, 20:23   #3361
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
How does the Adblue warning work? I had the low Adblue warning displaying a 13xx range when I topped up 5l today. I read that the Adblue tank is 13 litres; However, the warning still shows the same range, and despite a 5km run, is now at 129x. Was the 5 litre top up not enough to remove the warning?
At 1200km to go, it takes around 8-9L to let the warning go off. At 800k, it takes around 10-11L of Adblue.
Innysta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2022, 09:43   #3362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
So a quick question to Crysta owners.

Like you all know, we got ours on 5th of October, finished 1000 km with a quick lunch break to Kolhapur, gave it for service and in a few days set out on our south trip.

We are in Bangalore currently and the car is at 3250 kilometers.

I have observed a strange thing, if its a usual thing or not, the folks here can correct.

When going over certain potholes or rumblers at certain angles, the steering makes a katak noise, its not always but only at certain angles, is that normal? Its there since day 1
So I got this checked at Millennium Toyota in Thane, they said its normal, I was not convinced so I showed it to Wasan Toyota too in Deonar, they said its normal but I am still not convinced.

Does anyone know a very technical person working in a Toyota service station in Mumbai I could show it to? Please help

On both tyres going over sharp bumps ( Like the concrete mismatches in the road) at slow speed, there is a Katak heard from inside the cabin, I find this highly abnormal that this is normal. Its like when the rack bush has worn off and the noise it makes type of Katak.
humyum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2022, 09:51   #3363
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
On both tyres going over sharp bumps ( Like the concrete mismatches in the road) at slow speed, there is a Katak heard from inside the cabin; I find this highly abnormal that this is normal. It's like when the rack bush has worn off and the noise it makes the type of Katak.
Toyota technicians are not like Tata or Mahindra, who will open up anything based on customers' feedback. Someone must have gone with you for the Road test. Usually, in case of an aggrieved customer, they will send a senior fellow.

Which tyres do you have, and have you driven any other Innova of similar grade? In 99,999% or more, nothing should go wrong with a new Toyota. Many Years ago, I used to feel something similar where I would feel even the smallest pebble on the road coming under the tyre on my base variant but nothing on the higher variant that we also had. So, try a drive on a similar model grade and compare.

Last edited by Turbanator : 6th November 2022 at 09:53.
Old 6th November 2022, 17:31   #3364

Greetings to my fellow Bhpians,
My dad had sent his 2018 Innova Crysta 2.4 VX for its 40,000 km service today and before giving it for service I had looked up toyota's website to calculate the cost for its 40,000 kms service and it had given the below estimate:

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-screenshot-20221106-4.06.55-pm.png
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-screenshot-20221106-4.07.12-pm.png

I asked the service advisor what all he will change just to make sure that he is changing what was required . I was expecting the bill to come around 16,000 rs as my dad had also requested for wheel balancing and alignment, changing the wiper blade , pickup and drop. Also, I had asked the SA to change the engine oil to fully synthetic this time.

After they had completed servicing the car, I was shocked as the total bill came out to Rs.20,176. I am attaching the bill below for reference

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20221106_154631.jpg
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20221106_154656.jpg
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20221106_155106.jpg

Since my dad had already paid before asking me (He usually sends me the invoice before paying), I have some questions in the back of my mind that i want to get cleared:

1.Is the labour charge quoted above normal for 40,000 kms service?

2. The SA mentioned that along with the AC filter even the ac ducts and all are cleaned and that its mandatory. Is that really the case?

3. What all is done under the 40,000 km inspection? I had asked the same question to the SA and he said that engine oil change and general inspection is carried out. Is that the case?

4.When I compared the things done to the car to the service estimate from toyota's website, I see a lot of extra things being added. Since I am not technically inclined, was all of that necessary?

5. For the next service interval, should I stick to the service estimate from toyota's website and remove everything else?
Old 6th November 2022, 17:42   #3365
Team-BHP Support

Labour charges at line 5& 6 are frivolous and could have been avoided. Rest all looks correct.
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2022, 21:29   #3366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead345 View Post
My dad had sent his 2018 Innova Crysta 2.4 VX for its 40,000 km service today and before giving it for service.

5. For the next service interval, should I stick to the service estimate from toyota's website and remove everything else?
AC duct clean/gloss polish- 3-4K(including tax)
Bactacleanz- 1-1.5K

These are optional extra and should have been avoided. If the wipers had worn off, then makes sense to replace. Else this too is optional. When you give your car for service, clearly ask advisor to do only what is mentioned in service manual, else they will fleece you like any other dealer.

Last edited by PrideRed : 6th November 2022 at 21:36.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2022, 21:48   #3367
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
My dad had sent his 2018 Innova Crysta 2.4 VX for its 40,000 km service today and before giving it for service I had looked up toyota's website to calculate the cost for its 40,000 kms service and it had given the below estimate:

Since my dad had already paid before asking me (He usually sends me the invoice before paying), I have some questions in the back of my mind that i want to get cleared:

2. The SA mentioned that along with the AC filter even the ac ducts and all are cleaned and that its mandatory. Is that really the case?

4.When I compared the things done to the car to the service estimate from toyota's website, I see a lot of extra things being added. Since I am not technically inclined, was all of that necessary?

These are all the new scams they are adding to make more money.

In your bill following are unnecessary and a way to make money from you.

1. gloss alloy wheel polish - nothing but washing and putting a cheap polish on alloys - Rs.700

2. Ac duct is stupid scam now used by all. refer this thread: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...infectant.html (Scam alert : A/C Disinfectant) - Rs.1800

3. Car sanitizer - utter rubbish now. They wipe sanitizer before and after service. Rs. 180

4. Pick up and drop - Rs.600 - ok since you wanted it.

5. Backtaklenz - this is the bottle of liquid they used for the car sanitizer. Rs. 1000

So if you add up the total you get Rs. 4,300 of addons you paid for. Add the wipers and wheel alignment and balancing Rs.3,500 and you get 7,800 of addons.

You paid 20K and after removing the 7800 you get the same estimate as online.

The 4300 is what you could have avoided and saved.
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th November 2022, 21:49   #3368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After they had completed servicing the car, I was shocked as the total bill came out to Rs.20,176. I am attaching the bill below for reference
You have been scammed on the following items.

Alloy wheel Polish - 717.80 INR
AC Duct Cleaning and Disinfectant - 1883.04 INR
Toyota Genuine Bactaklenz - 1028.96 INR

Total Scam Bill - 3629.8 INR. Toyota used to be one company which refrains from such unethical practices atleast during my early years as their customer. But, now they are resorting to these unethical practices where they add line items not recommended by Toyota. Customer gives the car for a specific service and the dealership doesn't have any authority to add additional items without taking permission from the customer. I have started a new thread on the degrading quality of Toyota support which will come live soon as well. Will share the link whenever it comes live.

Quote:
I just checked the labour charge for my 40,000 kms service done on 10 February 2020. The 40,000 kms inspection line item used to be 3138.80 INR then. Within just 2 years time, Toyota seems to have increased it by a whopping 23.50%! Toyota service being cheap has become a thing of the past. These days, they loot you with the service and my per km maintenance cost for the Crysta is nothing to be proud of. In fact, the likes of TATA and Ford might turn out to be much cheaper.

Quote:
It's a lie/scam.

Quote:
3. What all is done under the 40,000 km inspection? I had asked the same question to the SA and he said that engine oil change and general inspection is carried out. Is that the case?
Refer the User manual for this.

Quote:
It was not necessary.

Quote:
Your dealership should have done that without you asking for it explicitly. But now that this scam has become a norm with Toyota dealerships and even Toyota doesn't seem to care for the customer, you have to be explicit in setting this expectation with the dealer.
amalji is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th November 2022, 21:53   #3369
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Does anyone know a very technical person working in a Toyota service station in Mumbai I could show it to? Please help
Please connect to member - amalji and see if your symptoms matches with his

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/members/amalji.html

He has reported some sounds from his Innova from the earliest days of his ownership, which got addressed only recently after 3 Years, as the Toyota workshop recommended changing the rack assembly after his warranty was over. Thankfully, he had an extended warranty.

He is in the process of completing his thread about the deteriorating quality of Toyota dealerships.

Quote:
From the very first few days of ownership of the Innova Crysta, I started noticing a "Gidu Gidu Gidu" subtle sound when going over certain kinds of potholes. It was not irritating or loud, but it was loud enough to grab the driver's attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Which tyres do you have, and have you driven any other Innova of similar grade? In 99,999% or more, nothing should go wrong with a new Toyota.
Maybe I will need to be more careful and confident about Toyota only if it's Made In Japan.

Last edited by Turbanator : 6th November 2022 at 21:59.
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 11:53   #3370
BHPian

When i checked my 2.4 GX MT engine bay, found only one bolt in the clamp that has provision for two. Is it by design or bolt missing?

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-bolt-missing-clamp_engine-bay.jpg
Old 7th November 2022, 12:05   #3371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innysta View Post
When i checked my 2.4 GX MT engine bay, found only one bolt in the clamp that has provision for two. Is it by design or bolt missing?

Attachment 2376375
There's no bolt missing. The clamp is open only on the end where the bolt is.
Sankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 14:16   #3372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Toyota technicians are not like Tata or Mahindra, who will open up anything based on customers' feedback. Someone must have gone with you for the Road test. Usually, in case of an aggrieved customer, they will send a senior fellow.

Which tyres do you have, and have you driven any other Innova of similar grade? In 99,999% or more, nothing should go wrong with a new Toyota. Many Years ago, I used to feel something similar where I would feel even the smallest pebble on the road coming under the tyre on my base variant but nothing on the higher variant that we also had. So, try a drive on a similar model grade and compare.
I have the stock tyres, Bridgestone 205-65-R16.

I will drive another Innova in my building which is a top ZX version with 17 inch tyres though.

If someone in Mumbai has recently got an Innova Crysta, can you please ping?

Quote:
Please connect to member - amalji and see if your symptoms matches with his

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/members/amalji.html

He has reported some sounds from his Innova from the earliest days of his ownership, which got addressed only recently after 3 Years, as the Toyota workshop recommended changing the rack assembly after his warranty was over. Thankfully, he had an extended warranty.

He is in the process of completing his thread about the deteriorating quality of Toyota dealerships.
I have pinged him. Thanks a ton for pointing this out. Let me speak to him once and see what we come up with.

Then I can see if I need to approach Toyota again for this.

Anyone with recommendations for the best Toyota service station in Mumbai and preferably with someone they know there, that would be the best way to address this.
humyum is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 14:57   #3373
BHPian

I wish to upgrade my 2019 Crysta 2.8 GX to 2022 Bumper and Headlight. Any feedback on doing this and where to do in Bangalore?
Old 7th November 2022, 15:15   #3374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post

Total Scam Bill - 3629.8 INR. Toyota used to be one company which refrains from such unethical practices atleast during my early years as their customer. But, now they are resorting to these unethical practices where they add line items not recommended by Toyota.

It's a lie/scam.

When ever I used to take my car for service, the SAs used to push for ceramic coating, PPF etc beyond my zone of comfort. I used to think these SAs are so greedy that these were only what they care for. Then I met a guy from my home state who was a Btech graduate and working as SA in dealership for 2 years. He told me his salary was 13. So I thought 13LPA..!! this is so good and companies are paying them well. Then he says this is 13K per month and I was shocked beyond my belief. The security guy in my apartment is paid 20K. These companies are just exploiting skilled workers like him. How can he survive in a city like Bangalore with 13K as salary? I have no clue.

So these scams are perpetuated at the knowledge of dealer as well as the manufacturer. Most salary is offered as commissions not as base pay. Whether this is right or wrong I am no one to decide.
poloman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 10:34   #3375
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Then I met a guy from my home state who was a Btech graduate and working as SA in dealership for 2 years. He told me his salary was 13. So I thought 13LPA..!! this is so good and companies are paying them well. Then he says this is 13K per month and I was shocked beyond my belief. The security guy in my apartment is paid 20K. These companies are just exploiting skilled workers like him. How can he survive in a city like Bangalore with 13K as salary? I have no clue.

So these scams are perpetuated at the knowledge of dealer as well as the manufacturer. Most salary is offered as commissions not as base pay. Whether this is right or wrong I am no one to decide.
Sad state of affairs but I think this is the reality of all service industry’s, not only limited to auto. Most have resorted to very low bse pay and incentivise unnecessary add-ons that bring high margin for the dealership.
If one thinks deep, it’ll basically boil down to corruption at land level, at least here in Bombay. The rent ends up being so prohibitively expensive that margins end up being wafer thin, so the owners will resort to such tactics. Unfortunately mutual scamming is the way to survive in India, is what I have realised and come to accept , much as I hate it.
Such behaviour is pervasive across all sectors, take schools for example - costs minimum 1-1.5L INR for playgroup/nursery in Bombay, more if you live in posh-er areas of Bombay.

It’s a sad sad state of affairs
RJK is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed