Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2023, 18:11   #3526
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle_jay View Post
I have enquired from Toyota dealership (Nandi Toyota) and they are offering 15K for the dash cam (original Toyota TGA) and 11K for the rear bumper guard. I find their prices are way high as compared to the products available in the local market (which is obvious). From a local dealer I am getting the similar bumper protector at INR 6300 and 70mai dash cam A500 Plus+ at INR 11K.
Get the rear guard from Toyota and dashcam from outside. Toyota rear guard is good and for the Crysta it's bolted to the ladder frame directly and with a tough mount so best wishes to two wheelers or cars which rear end. They will have a tough outcome.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2023, 23:16   #3527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post

As much as I want to drive away with it today, I cannot.

Parents won't budge. Maybe for. 2019/2020 Z 2.8L, they will. Or maybe a 2017 Fortuner. Who knows?
Well looks like you are in luck man. Check out the picture and the link below.

https://www.spinny.com/buy-used-cars...-in-lucknow/s/

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-crysta.jpg

Here is a good example that came up on Spinny recently. Asking price is 24.41 lakh with 23,414 clicks on the odo. Its a 2021 model year ZX AT 7-seater.
AROO7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2023, 07:34   #3528
BHPian

Question to fellow Innova crysta automatic owners - is there anyone else that experiences the extreme sluggishness and lack of response in the diesel autos esp from the BS6 stable? I bought the ZX AT in Sept and the car struggles to ascend inclined roads and even on the highways it’s an effort to get it past 90 kmph. I am fully aware of the sluggish start of diesel autos but this one’s feels weird. Also the transmission doesn’t work properly. You need to use the ‘off the pedal’ and then ‘ on the pedal’ method for the transmission to work.

Overall it serves my purpose given that we are a family of 5 with all the practicality, but I cannot also help but feel that the DPF system and BS6 plus the unresponsive auto tilts the balance in favour of the new hybrids.

Thoughts?
raghuveerk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2023, 07:40   #3529
BHPian

Quote:
From a local dealer I am getting the similar bumper protector at INR 6300 and 70mai dash cam A500 Plus+ at INR 11K.
I have installed the same system from 70mai in my Crysta. Been two years now. Good quality of equipment and video. Easy to install- I did a DIY.
ganeshnag75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2023, 08:25   #3530

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeshnag75 View Post
I have installed the same system from 70mai in my Crysta. Been two years now. Good quality of equipment and video. Easy to install- I did a DIY.
I finally bought 70mai pro plus+ A500S from amazon and installed in my crysta. Camera built quality and app interface is pretty good.
Not yet installed the rear bumper guard. Will visit Toyota service station tomorrow and check the TGA bumper guard ( bike protector).
sparkle_jay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2023, 15:22   #3531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghuveerk View Post
Question to fellow Innova crysta automatic owners - is there anyone else that experiences the extreme sluggishness and lack of response in the diesel autos esp from the BS6 stable? I bought the ZX AT in Sept and the car struggles to ascend inclined roads and even on the highways it’s an effort to get it past 90 kmph. I am fully aware of the sluggish start of diesel autos but this one’s feels weird. Also the transmission doesn’t work properly. You need to use the ‘off the pedal’ and then ‘ on the pedal’ method for the transmission to work.

Thoughts?
I'm not crysta owner, but Toyota/Aisin supplies torque converter AT system to VW/Skoda as well as Mahindra for Scorpio. Not expected to be so sluggish. Can you test drive another similar vehicle, maybe from a used car showroom?
Old 15th May 2023, 07:28   #3532
BHPian

Quote:
Question to fellow Innova crysta automatic owners - is there anyone else that experiences the extreme sluggishness and lack of response in the diesel autos
Thoughts?
I drive a petrol AT. In “Eco” mode, it is sluggish to accelerate. The response is not linear. When the traffic is not smooth with the vehicles ahead taking off and braking unpredictably, it becomes a bit unpleasant. I haven’t done the hills yet, so do not know how it would behave.
However in “Normal” mode (ie, the eco mode turned off, the driving experience is quite comfortable when the traffic is not laminar.
JayG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2023, 18:24   #3533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Overall it serves my purpose given that we are a family of 5 with all the practicality, but I cannot also help but feel that the DPF system and BS6 plus the unresponsive auto tilts the balance in favour of the new hybrids.

Thoughts?
What you are experiencing is not the normal behavior for the car. Even in Eco mode, the diesel auto will easily pull to 120 or more. In Eco mode, the gear shifts to higher gears happen quickly and will feel slightly lethargic especially when compared to Normal or Power modes. For a sedate driver Eco mode is good enough even for highways. Normal/Power mode helps in quick acceleration and quick overtaking. Also there should be no issue in driving on steep gradients of hilly roads. Also you need not do anything special with the accelerator for the transmission shifts to happen. Get your vehicle checked and if possible, drive another vehicle or the test car (if still available in the same variant i.e., diesel auto) for you to feel the difference.
pjbiju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 10:08   #3534
BHPian

We've a 2021 August 2.4 Z Diesel AT due for its 30,000 kms service this week. Can someone help me with possible service cost for this ODO reading?

Got an eye view from audioholic's post

If there're different experiences by anyone, please do share.

Quote:
I finally bought 70mai pro plus+ A500S from amazon and installed in my crysta. Camera built quality and app interface is pretty good.
Maybe after a while of your usage, if you can review the product here would help.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 18th May 2023 at 11:08. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Kindly use the Quote+/Edit functionality.
Old 18th May 2023, 10:50   #3535
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiChaithanya View Post
We've a 2021 August 2.4 Z Diesel AT due for its 30,000 kms service this week.
Can someone help me with possible service cost for this ODO reading?
~ 9k for the PMS at 30k kms, per the Toyota app. You can add the actual cost of any other service the SA/you decide to add, + the cost of weights in case you do wheel alignment/balancing.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 12:33   #3536
Distinguished - BHPian

So just a bit after three years of a spotless car, bad luck decided to show up in the form of two reckless youth on a scooter in a junction. This is just a road away from our house and was heading out to a family lunch. This junction is known for incidents and I am generally very slow and also on this day. Here is the dashcam video of the incident:

Nothing is visible in the video because the scooter riders were totally out of sight to my left until I cleared the junction even though I could see pretty well on both sides. However, the scooter rider was too fast and as I almost cleared the junction and accelerated, they came and banged hard into the car. It was real hard and the scooter hit the side foot rest and lifted its rear, sending the two riders crashing into the rear quarter panel. The scooter disintegrated into pieces with a broken front fork, entire seat assembly cracked and only thing that was left was the rear panel and rear side panels of the scooter.

The initial scene was bad. The rider did not have a helmet, no license, scooter had worn out tyres and what not. Still, after the impact the pillion escaped with some bruises and the rider was lying flat on the road which made me worry about possible head injury. After a few minutes I realised that the rider was doing a drama of sorts. They knew it was their fault and the moment I told him I will call the police and ambulance, he got up and sat as though nothing had happened. Looking at his condition I was not in a mood to extort money even though I could have done it but instead, made him sign a letter with full details of admission of fault, no license, no helmet which he was reluctant to sign but I told him I am not going to let him file a case later against me for hit and run. He verbally assured he wouldnt do so but I insisted on some sort of proof. Anyway if he really wanted to go to the police I can still handle it but the letter is just a deterrent. The vehicle had already 8500 rupees of pending challans and thats enough to get the vehicle permanently in police custody.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_6876.jpeg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_6875.jpeg

The Crysta had a damaged foot step, a scratched door and a badly dented quarter panel. The PPF took 95% of the brunt and the only paint loss was in the wheel arch which had a bad pinch but due to the dents on the quarter panel, repaint was necessary. Sent it to a known garage and got it fixed. They did a good job with the paint match given its a tricky colour and the results are good. However the prep work isnt 100% as per my expectation and there is a slight unevenness in a few areas. Have requested my trusted detailer expert friend to take care shortly. After that PPF reapplication will follow.
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_6920.jpeg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_6921.jpeg

Last edited by audioholic : 19th May 2023 at 12:38.
audioholic is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 20th May 2023, 08:06   #3537
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Car View Post
Got it! I also downloaded another international owner's manual of Crysta (Which has references to India as well), it also mentions the same thing along with some elaboration. Have attached the pictures below

Just a few last things which I want to ask you please

1. Will the S6 affect the overtaking a little? For Ex- If I am cruising at 80 Kmph and want to suddenly accelerate to 100 Kmph, won't the gearbox be slower to downshift than the D mode? Asking this because you said in S mode it would mostly downshift in cases where car is close to lugging. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by jav View Post
It has been mentioned in many places but you can see the attached screenshot of the owners manual it says it clearly.
For the first time since owning the Crysta, yesterday I did a highway drive completely in S6 mode and I can vouch for the transmission behavior to be different and actually better. Noticeable changes as Jav has mentioned is that it will stick to gears longer without unnecessary upshift and downshift. And once it shifts to 6th gear, it holds it for longer. In D mode it is very eager to downshift which simply causes roaring noise and engine revving high whereas in S mode it hardly drops a gear unless the accelerator is pressed real hard.

Will try it again and would probably stick to it for all future drives. Not sure why such a difference especially when they refer to AI based shifting in D mode which should actually improve shift logic based on driving style.
audioholic is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th May 2023, 16:03   #3538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
What you are experiencing is not the normal behavior for the car. Even in Eco mode, the diesel auto will easily pull to 120 or more. In Eco mode, the gear shifts to higher gears happen quickly and will feel slightly lethargic especially when compared to Normal or Power modes. For a sedate driver Eco mode is good enough even for highways. Normal/Power mode helps in quick acceleration and quick overtaking. Also there should be no issue in driving on steep gradients of hilly roads. Also you need not do anything special with the accelerator for the transmission shifts to happen. Get your vehicle checked and if possible, drive another vehicle or the test car (if still available in the same variant i.e., diesel auto) for you to feel the difference.
We just returned from Vagamon and the climbs are of a good gradient there. in Normal mode, there was good performance. In eco mode, the throttle response is muted and more suited to open road cruising. That said the car has no problems reaching higher speed in eco mode as well. In normal mode. on the hills i was even able to overtake a good number of cars because of the good torque buildup even at lower RPMs, Get your car checked.
We have the 2022 GX AT Diesel.
Viper21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2023, 16:08   #3539
BHPian

Hi Folks,
Is there a way to calibrate the cruise control ? Meaning lets say i am at 60kmph and i have the cruise set to 100, the buildup of RPMs and speed is quite aggressive. In one of the cars i drove in the US, there is a way to calibrate the cruise- resume mode (aggressive, linear etc) . Does the crysta have that option?

One way i have overcome this is while i am building up revs in a linear manner then i hit resume. The vehicle then takes that pattern and build up the revs+ speed.

Thanks a bunch !!
Old 20th May 2023, 23:00   #3540
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper21 View Post
One way i have overcome this is while i am building up revs in a linear manner then i hit resume. The vehicle then takes that pattern and build up the revs+ speed!
This is tunable using the drive mode. I have observed that in Eco it accelerates slower compared to normal or power.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks