Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2016, 13:47   #451
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishtk View Post
Its out in the press Toyota is mulling increase of 2-3%, however the dealers have no confirmation
They decided to wait. Red was not a color they wanted as well. Can't believe Toyota would increase the price during the festival period.

But Toyota doesn't do normal when it comes to pricing, especially their better selling products.

It might be a 24L product but 50-70K increase is still a big one.

Fingers crossed
Old 26th September 2016, 00:40   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
Isnt it scraping the speed breakers in Bangalore?
The car is in Kerala. I have driven on pretty bad roads, so far no issues. But speed breakers in Bangalore are on different league altogether.

We did a Kollur trip from Kottayam on second week of September. Covered a total distance of 1500Kms. The average during trip as per MID is 10.3 kmpl. This was with 7 adults on board and full luggage. Also we faced heavy traffic all through the route.

The best mileage we got so far is 12.5 kmpl. Heavy traffic takes a toll on fuel efficiency and it is range of 8-8.5 kmpl. This is for GX auto variant driven mostly on two lane roads.

Last edited by vinayasurya : 26th September 2016 at 00:42. Reason: Fixing a typo.
vinayasurya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2016, 14:31   #453
BHPian

Hi,

I have done multiple test drives of the Innova Crysta and observe that the pull of the 2.8 Automatic is much lower than the 2.4 manual - across all modes (Normal/Eco/Power).

While the normal mode of the 2.4 manual has a slight lag, the power mode leaps up at you. This bite seems completely missing in the 2.8 AT!

Any similar experiences?

Best regards,
NagaSid
Old 28th September 2016, 21:52   #454
Senior - BHPian

Any idea why the gear selector in the automatic variant is placed closer to the front passenger than the driver?
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-innova-crysta.jpg  

Old 29th September 2016, 11:28   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naga.sid View Post
Hi,

I have done multiple test drives of the Innova Crysta and observe that the pull of the 2.8 Automatic is much lower than the 2.4 manual - across all modes (Normal/Eco/Power).

While the normal mode of the 2.4 manual has a slight lag, the power mode leaps up at you. This bite seems completely missing in the 2.8 AT!

Any similar experiences?

Best regards,
NagaSid

Yes, 2.8 with the slush-box feels less responsive. You do not get that sudden acceleration when you need it to fill the gap in city traffic. The peppiness is completely missing and you wonder where are those 174 horses?

I am not considering the 0-100 timings but the overall responsiveness of the 2.4 is way better! Wish there was a manual 2.8!
sudeep.pandya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 16:07   #456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeep.pandya View Post
Yes, 2.8 with the slush-box feels less responsive. You do not get that sudden acceleration when you need it to fill the gap in city traffic. The peppiness is completely missing and you wonder where are those 174 horses?
I agree to that a bit. Its more evident when the ECO Mode is selected. These days I use ECO mode only when there is crawling traffic. Otherwise even at the slightest available chance, I switch to Normal mode. It takes off cleanly and can attain desirables speeds in no time. I never felt the need to use Power Mode at all.
samabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 18:45   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
I agree to that a bit. Its more evident when the ECO Mode is selected. These days I use ECO mode only when there is crawling traffic. Otherwise even at the slightest available chance, I switch to Normal mode. It takes off cleanly and can attain desirables speeds in no time. I never felt the need to use Power Mode at all.

Even I am using ECO mode 80% of the time in my 2.4, not because of the efficiency but the overall power delivery becomes smoother and engine feels 'natural' to drive and stays quieter too.

Only when I am on highway I switch to Normal mode but still I find it way too quick and responsive between 100-140 Kmh. Even my Verna diesel dint have this kind of mad acceleration post 100.

Power mode simply makes the throttle input more aggressive in nature and the engine sounds a bit stressed too.
sudeep.pandya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 23:23   #458
BANNED

It's been more than three months and close to the service time of 5000 kms in my 2.4 Gx, and I have an unusual problem. I have had experiences in sitting in Innovas that have run thousands of kms, but my rather new car gives out weird rattling noises whenever they go over a rough patch of road.

Blessed with 'holes' of both kinds on the streets of Mumbai, the pot-holes seem to have unnerved the Innova to a large extent. Needless to say, I don't like this one bit. I had a similar observance in during my test drive, but that was just a test drive vehicle. I need to know if others here have had similar issues as mine.

I plan to have it checked during my upcoming service interval, however fearing very less can be done about it.
Old 1st October 2016, 18:20   #459
BHPian

So after couple of months of deliberation between XUV W10 AT and Innova ZX AT, I finally booked my Innova in GARNET RED color. Received the beast in yesterday and apart from customary temple visit and other errands, could not take her out on the highway. For now getting 10KM/L (for approx 150 odd kms done within city limits) but it is too early to judge.

I will pen down my ownership review once I cross 1000 clicks to be able to do justice to it. Although I doubt what more I can add to this wonderful review thread by GTO!

Thank you all for your help!
Old 1st October 2016, 18:49   #460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smekad View Post
Received the beast in yesterday and apart from customary temple visit and other errands, could not take her out on the highway. For now getting 10KM/L (for approx 150 odd kms done within city limits) but it is too early to judge.
!
Many congratulations mate on getting your Crysta But where are the pictures? Please do share a lot of them. What made you cut the cheque in favor of Crysta instead of the XUV?

Last edited by AutoIndian : 1st October 2016 at 18:51.
Old 1st October 2016, 18:56   #461
Senior - BHPian

Odometer now crossed 7000 kilometers and the mileage seemed to have improved a bit. The MID used to show 9.9 for KL's 2 lane highways during previous trips. I returned to Trivandrum from Guruvayur today and the mileage seemed to have improved to 10.2 for this trip on same 2 lane highways at the same time while maintaining good average speed.

The brake judder which i reported earlier has not returned after the brake skimming work at Nippon and the same was checked at high speeds during the Tvm Chennai Tvm trip two weeks ago.

No new issues to report as of now. Seeing more Crystas on the road these days.

PS: I wonder whether there was a firmware update for the Crysta. Post second service the engine feels smoother and a bit tamer in regular mode. Can someone please confirm when they take theirs in for service?

Last edited by Sankar : 1st October 2016 at 19:00.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2016, 12:22   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Any idea why the gear selector in the automatic variant is placed closer to the front passenger than the driver?
Maybe because the car was originally designed for the LHD market. The central consoles may remain the same despite changing to RHD
Old 2nd October 2016, 14:14   #463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqMaster View Post
Maybe because the car was originally designed for the LHD market. The central consoles may remain the same despite changing to RHD
Do you seriously think a manufacturer like Toyota would allow such a serious glitch? Like, seriously? Seems absurd. And that too after making the whole car were they out of energy or something? Why I don't think even our desi guys like Mahindra would do that. Can't say about TATA though
Old 2nd October 2016, 18:52   #464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Many congratulations mate on getting your Crysta But where are the pictures? Please do share a lot of them. What made you cut the cheque in favor of Crysta instead of the XUV?
Thank you AutoIndian, I will add teaser pics as soon as I can.

The reason I chose Innova even though it was a healthy 4L more than XUV was because of the interior quality, the toyota A.S.S experience and the reliability. Also, my wife did not like the ride quality in the XUV. The captain seats in the rear sealed the deal for them!

Another important factor was that, I am coming from a VAG ownership experience, which took a lot of time and money me. Hence, for me having the safest car with highest reliability was very important factor this time around. Up until now toyota used to skimp on safety front, that changed with Crysta.

XUV is a very well rounded product, I must say I really liked it, and from what I hear their A.S.S is also pretty supportive. But after few years of VAG experience I simply did not have the energy left to spend time in the workshops anymore- even if it was for small niggles.

So, a toyota seemed a more suitable buy among the two..

Last edited by smekad : 2nd October 2016 at 19:21. Reason: typo corrected
smekad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2016, 19:19   #465
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
Do you seriously think a manufacturer like Toyota would allow such a serious glitch? Like, seriously? Seems absurd. ....

Why I don't think even our desi guys like Mahindra would do that. Can't say about TATA though

Actually, please do check out the XUV automatic gear shifter on the XUV AT official review thread. :-)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks