Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2017, 12:48   #676
BHPian

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajaslaw View Post
I will go with your suggestion and follow the service schedule. But I read somewhere that it is better to change the oil in runnin period as the new engine can produce emery. And that the old school pattern is good.

Thanks for your valuable input.

Yes, it is better as 10k is little too much for a new engine.

I replaced the oil at 5k and there was an immediate difference in smoothness and the engine started feeling less crude after first oil change. Replaced oil during 10k service too and now will follow the recommended intervals of 10k.

Oil used in the workshop was 5w-30 Idemitsu. 7.5 ltr for 2.4.

No doubt, the gearshifts have become much smoother now and engine feels more free revving.

Last edited by sudeep.pandya : 16th January 2017 at 12:52.
sudeep.pandya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2017, 16:46   #677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeep.pandya View Post

Oil used in the workshop was 5w-30 Idemitsu. 7.5 ltr for 2.4.
5w-30 is fully synthetic oil. I thought all toyota except camry and land cruiser uses mineral oil.
Old 16th January 2017, 17:33   #678
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smekad View Post
5w-30 is fully synthetic oil. I thought all toyota except camry and land cruiser uses mineral oil.

IIRC it's optional. But most of them use semi synthetic oil and have a 10k kms oil change interval. Even the etios and liva.
Old 24th January 2017, 01:04   #679
BANNED

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Done ppf from 3m on the bonnet, door Sils door corners rear fenders and bumper corners. 3m says these are the areas where chances of scratches are high and ppf protect it. It is removable anytime and the paint will be as good as new. Also installed 3m cr 70 film for windshield and it does it duty very well. Now no glaring upcoming lights. It has made my driving less cumbersome in night.

Any experience of members of above.

Done 900 kms trip with 5 on board in ac and mileage squeezed out is 16 kmpl full tank to full in normal mode. Quite happy with these figures. Even my duster 2015 85 ps does not achieve these figures.
Old 24th January 2017, 17:39   #680
BHPian

Read an article that Toyota Crysta alloys have been downsized from 17" to 16" alloys for all ZX variants from 2017.

New size would be 205/65/16 from 215/55/17. The reason cited is to improve the ride quality and lesser damage due to thinner sidewalls earlier.

Below is the weblink:-
https://www.motorbeam.com/2017/01/ca...wnsized-17-16/

Now my question is, what about owners who already bought ZX with 17" alloys?
Would there be a recall to downsize to 16" or we have to bear with the package that they have given to us?

I am currently abroad and will have to check with Nippon Toyota on this when I get home next week.
Old 24th January 2017, 17:53   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
Read an article that Toyota Crysta alloys have been downsized from 17" to 16" alloys for all ZX variants from 2017.
There is already a thread since yesterday

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post4133470
Old 25th January 2017, 20:09   #682
Senior - BHPian

I was not in the forum for some time have missed many posts. Anyway good to be back.

The mileage has settled to 11.4 to 11.5 for the similar kind of driving along with some idling, all in normal or power mode. I don't do tankful to tankful check but i have observed during my last Tvm-Blore-Tvm trip that I can travel longer before i need to do the in-between topping up during both Up and Down trip. This is with the Dieseltronic tuning box in P1 mode and at high speeds.

If driven with much restraint between 90 to 120kph with the engine lazily spinning I am sure there is much more scope of improvement in FE.

Car has now covered 14000Kms. After the first oil change service at 10000Kms the engine does change a bit in character as it becomes smoother.

I turned off the green ECO indicator in the speedometer console as i hardly look at it. Made indicator blinks from 3 to 6. The ODO display once the car has been locked has been turned off too.

Other additions being RD Dieseltronic dualchannel and OE VW horns which replaced roots vibrosonic which earlier replaced the original crysta horns. Also bought rigid industries 20" longrange lightbar which is to be installed. Looking for options to mount it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Hello bhpians,

Has anyone fixed the projector lamps from the Zx to the lower trim GX models?

If yes, how do you rate the lighting? Any idea on the price?

Headlight levelling is automatic and would there be any additional equipment required for the same or is it just a bolt on, plug and play kinds for the GX?
The connectors for the headlight are different. GX headlight has individual connectors for all the bulbs in it. The ZX light would have one large single connector.

The sensor on suspension arms for the autoleveling is not present in the GX and so the lights would not autolevel. Manual leveling also won't be an easy fix.

Last edited by Sankar : 25th January 2017 at 20:32.
Sankar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th January 2017, 15:09   #683
BANNED

Mod note: Correcting typo, please double check the same before submitting posts. Thanks.

I was little bit worried that I should have waited for Hexa as it is much cheaper than Crysta.

Today test drove Hexa manual 2wd and was very disappointed. The car is very very sluggish. Even normal mode of Crysta is more powerful than Hexa's dynamic mode.

Too much of vibration on clutch and accelerator pedal. Engine is very crude. Only area where it shines is its suspension.

It is nothing but aria in different clothes.

Now my worry has gone completely. Innova is miles ahead from Hexa is every aspect.

Last edited by GTO : 28th January 2017 at 10:56. Reason: Correcting typos, please double check the same before submitting posts. Thanks.
rajaslaw is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 29th January 2017, 10:32   #684
Senior - BHPian

If anyone is experiencing slight rattling when driving with unoccupied rear seats then there is a fix for it. Lift the seat and wrap with insulating tape the 4 small rods (2 for one seat) where the seat base locks onto. Don't wrap it too thin and at the same time do not make it excessively thick.

Edit: Anyone got well-fitting 3D mats for their Crysta automatics yet? Looking for a set.

Last edited by Sankar : 29th January 2017 at 10:35.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2017, 14:30   #685
Senior - BHPian

I have not been very active due to work. However just wanted to do a quick update for my ownership of the Crysta 2.8 Z AT variant that I have had now from the beginning. I was one fo the first ones to own this in the country and I have now done nearly 20k km's.

I use this car as my daily drive now and I average about 14 kpl in heavy traffic with AC on more than 75% of the time.

The car is a beauty. Other than the tyre incident and the windscreen getting damaged due to electric sparks falling on the windscreen the car has been a boon to drive. I will complete one year in May.

I am going to take it for a service in another 2 weeks time.

I am going to get the discs checked and see what it costs as a 4th service.

Overall very happy with the car.
vkochar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th January 2017, 19:12   #686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
I use this car as my daily drive now and I average about 14 kpl in heavy traffic with AC on more than 75% of the time.
This is really great mileage in traffic with AC for a 2.8L AT vehicle. Most others average around 11 kmpl - 12 kmpl or even lesser in city traffic. Please share what are you doing different to get these figures.
Old 30th January 2017, 12:11   #687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
This is really great mileage in traffic with AC for a 2.8L AT vehicle. Most others average around 11 kmpl - 12 kmpl or even lesser in city traffic. Please share what are you doing different to get these figures.
ECO Mode all the time. 99 % of the time. I do not use the PWR mode at all. Maybe used it when the car was new etc. But practically its senseless on our roads.

I use the Tank top up method since i have brought it. I have NEVER filled anything less than top up the tank on this car.

Mostly I get around 38 litres and my car would be doing around the 500 km mark.

NOTE - the FE only increases by 1 or 2 km during highway runs so there is not much difference between city driving in ECO Mode and Highway driving in ECO mode.

Also car is driven self in the city and 100% of the time by Driver during highway / expressway runs.

The car is more economical to run than my i20 petrol. Of course in comparison to the new verna which I also have its a fuel guzzler when it comes to highway runs as the Verna exceeds 22 kpl on the expressway.
Old 30th January 2017, 13:57   #688
Senior - BHPian

4th service done at 14700Kms today. Third service inspection costs Rs.1200/- Total cost of service is Rs.1276/-

I prefer Toyota reschedules the service interval from every 5000Km to 10000Km and save owners the bother and the expenditure. Can't understand why a modern car, that too from Toyota, needs to be inspected every 5000Km.
Old 30th January 2017, 15:08   #689
BANNED

Kindly share your service bill. Did you change the oil and filters. Thanks

Last edited by GTO : 3rd March 2017 at 13:44. Reason: Typos
rajaslaw is offline   Received Infraction
Old 30th January 2017, 15:41   #690
mxh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeep.pandya View Post
No doubt, the gearshifts have become much smoother now and engine feels more free revving.
Did you replace engine oil as well as transmission oil? I am wondering how changing engine oil made the gearshifts smoother.
mxh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks