Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2017, 01:00   #706
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Just one nitpick for the manual one. For a large powerful engine like the 2.4, I just don't understand why we have a 5 speed gearbox. A 6 speed one would have made the manual much better in terms of efficiency, cruising ability and NVH at higher speeds. Many cars costing less now offer a 6 speed box.
I drove the crysta on the highway for a good number of kilometres.
The engine was constantly asking for a 6th gear, don't know why Toyota decided to skip it when a duster and I 20 also come with it.
Old 11th February 2017, 09:40   #707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionell View Post
Innova VX-7 Seater : 1719334 (Automatic) [Civil Ex-Showroom: 2103600]
Innova VX-8 Seater : 1826151 (Automatic) [Civil Ex-Showroom: 2233600]
I think there is no VX automatic in india. Please check the price once again.
Old 11th February 2017, 09:58   #708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionell View Post
Innova VX-7 Seater : 1719334 (Automatic) [Civil Ex-Showroom: 2103600]
Innova VX-8 Seater : 1826151 (Automatic) [Civil Ex-Showroom: 2233600]
Shouldn't this be ZX instead of VX?
Old 11th February 2017, 10:23   #709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpMan View Post
Shouldn't this be ZX instead of VX?

Also ZX doesn't have 8 seater either in automatic. Seems something incorrect here
Old 11th February 2017, 12:38   #710
BHPian

Also, I don't think Innova Crysta GX Automatic comes in a 7 seater Captain Seat version. It only comes in 8 seater middle bench seat combination.

Btw, would the implementation of GST have any effect on CSD Prices due to changes in levy of excise duty ?

Last edited by WorkingGuru : 11th February 2017 at 13:04.
Old 11th February 2017, 13:02   #711
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
Also, I don't think Innova Crysta GX Auto comes in a 7 seater Captain Seat version. It only comes in 8 seater middle bench seat combination.
As on date GX & VX variants are available as 7 or 8 seaters, except Z which only has 7 seat option.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2017, 17:23   #712

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratiksinhal View Post
I was driving my Crysta 2.8 Z last evening and suddenly after going through a small pothole , the left rear wheel burst. I spoke to Toyota service and they told me that they have been advised by Toyota to change the 17inch wheels on the Z trims with 16 inches and which will be done as a replacement by the company. Apparently a lot of customers have complained of the same problem.
Has anyone heard the same or faced the same problem? Not even 2000 kms on the ODO and this problem. Unable to digest that this can happen with a Toyota.
Ifs it's a recall why is not Toyota officially recalling ? Why wait for the user's complaint and then act ? Probably toyota doesn't want to have any blot on Innova's reliability and image.
Yes. Same here. My rear right tyre burst while reversing the car. Mine is ZX AT. Complained to the showroom Ravindu. In fact I just returned from their Service Centre after checking the brake noise. I was discussing with the supervisor there. They were saying there could be a recall. But when I spoke to the Services Head he denied and said that he will represent the case and see what he can do. Can anybody share any Toyota contact with whom I can share my frustration please?

Best Regards,
Sreedhar

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 18th February 2017 at 00:27. Reason: Corrected spelling typo
sarasws is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th February 2017, 17:32   #713
BHPian

I have covered nearly 4000 kms on my ZX AT. With the spate of tyre bursts being reported at an alarming rate alarm bells are ringing. I am quite wary of driving at speeds on the highway. Hoping Toyota issues a recall at the earliest.
Old 14th February 2017, 13:46   #714
BHPian

Has any owner (specifically with the 17" rims) experienced rattling noise from the dash as well as the 2nd row left side seat? We have referred this problem to the dealer as well as Toyota but even after 3 visits, they have not been able to give a satisfactory reply and a fix.

Also, any idea if Toyota is going to have some sort of an exchange scheme for 17" to 16" rims as the cars from January onward seem to have the 16 inchers?
Old 14th February 2017, 15:14   #715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarasws View Post
Yes. Same here. My rear right tyre burst while reversing the car. Mine is ZX AT. Complained to the showroom Ravindu. In fact I just returned from their Service Centre after checking the brake noise. I was discussing with the supervisor there. They were saying there could be a recall. But when I spoke to the Services Head he denied and said that he will represent the case and see what he can do. Can anybody share any Tayota contact with whom I can share my frustration please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDHRUV View Post
I have covered nearly 4000 kms on my ZX AT. With the spate of tyre bursts being reported at an alarming rate alarm bells are ringing. I am quite wary of driving at speeds on the highway. Hoping Toyota issues a recall at the earliest.
Tyre burst at high speed is a serious safety hazard and if it is directly related to 17" rims, Toyota should immediately call for a official recall. In another country this would have happened by now.
Old 14th February 2017, 16:12   #716
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. Same here. My rear right tyre burst while reversing the car. Mine is ZX AT. Complained to the showroom Ravindu. In fact I just returned from their Service Centre after checking the brake noise. I was discussing with the supervisor there. They were saying there could be a recall. But when I spoke to the Services Head he denied and said that he will represent the case and see what he can do. Can anybody share any Tayota contact with whom I can share my frustration please?

Best Regards,
Sreedhar

Please share the details of the stock tire’s and the kilometers you have done so far.

Owners who have covered a mere 2000KM complaining, this is not acceptable from Toyota. Can’t understand why they are not going for a recall.

Whenever driving at high speeds, a glimpse of Innova in wing mirror takes my foot off the accelerator pedal, that’s how Innova cruises in highway. This is very serious, owners should be alerted.

Last edited by Scorpion 10 : 14th February 2017 at 16:27.
Old 14th February 2017, 16:40   #717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion 10 View Post
Please share the details of the stock tire’s and the kilometers you have done so far.

Owners who have covered a mere 2000KM complaining, this is not acceptable from Toyota. Can’t understand why they are not going for a recall.

Whenever driving at high speeds, a glimpse of Innova in wing mirror takes my foot off the accelerator pedal, that’s how Innova cruises in highway. This is very serious, owners should be alerted.
It is 7460 Km, and the tyre make is Bridgestone Turanza.
Old 15th February 2017, 12:06   #718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
Has any owner (specifically with the 17" rims) experienced rattling noise from the dash as well as the 2nd row left side seat? We have referred this problem to the dealer as well as Toyota but even after 3 visits, they have not been able to give a satisfactory reply and a fix.

Also, any idea if Toyota is going to have some sort of an exchange scheme for 17" to 16" rims as the cars from January onward seem to have the 16 inchers?
Mine is GX AT (on 16" rims) 7 seater variant, so can only comment about the rattling noise. Havent noticed from the dash, but there is a irritating loud noise from left side seat in the 2nd row. Wasnt sure if its from the seat or the window sill. Its so annoying that, it rattles even when the car is at standstill with the engine on.

Gave the car for 15000 Kms service today and asked them to fix this as well along with the pre-existing rattling noise from the driver seat. Will update if they fix it.
samabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 10:37   #719

Quote:
It is 7460 Km, and the tyre make is Bridgestone Turanza.
Received a call from Ravindu Toyota with an expected reply saying "the damage to the tyre is caused by an external impact and it is not a tyre fault. Hence they will not be able to replace it". I think I made a mistake of believing in Toyota "Reliability". This will be my last Toyota vehicle. Anybody has any contact at Toyota please let me know I would like to talk/email them to work on this issue.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 18th February 2017 at 00:28. Reason: Tayota = Toyota
sarasws is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 17:04   #720
BHPian

Quote:
Received a call from Ravindu Tayota with an expected reply saying "the damage to the tyre is caused by an external impact and it is not a tyre fault. Hence they will not be able to replace it". I think I made a mistake of believing in Tayota "Reliability". This will be my last Tayota vehicle. Anybody has any contact at Tayota please let me know I would like to talk/email them to work on this issue.

I guess the reliability and low maintenance factor of Toyota cars are just overhyped. People I have spoken to who owned the old innova had praised the products but were always apprehensive of the maintenance costs and service costs. Almost all of my colleagues service their Toyota's with their friendly neighborhood mechanic.
Regarding the wheel size I believe a smaller wheel will always outlast than a bigger wheel because of the pronounced side wall thickness which will absorb all undulations especially considering the hapless condition of our roads. I believe a recall would ensue if more customers start complaining of tyre Burst. Same is the case with Tata hexa with those 19 inch wheels. Only time will tell whether it was a wise move by Tata.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks