Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2017, 12:32   #766
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Toyota Innova Crysta Touring Sport to be launched in India on May 4.

Quote:
To celebrate its one-year anniversary in India, Toyota will introduce a new variant to further increase the MPV’s appeal on May 4, called the Innova Crysta Touring Sport. The Toyota Innova Crysta Touring Sport will feature cosmetic additions over the regular model and is already on sale in the Indonesian market as the Venturer.
Quote:
The highlight of the Toyota Innova Crysta Touring Sport will be the new wine red colour, which is seen in this Indonesian-spec version. Additionally, the Innova Crysta Touring Sport will come with crossover-inspired cladding on the bumpers, wheel arches and side skirts. This one too will continue to ride on 205/65 R16 tyres as the standard variant, except the alloys will be same alloys will by black. The front grille meanwhile, gets some more chrome
Quote:
Expect Toyota to price the Touring Sport around Rs 70,000-80,000 over the regular ZX trim
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 21st April 2017 at 12:34.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2017, 12:24   #767
BHPian

Toyota Innova Crysta Touring Sport

The name is five words long. Seriously the marketing team seems to have taken some cool sounding words and pasted them at the back of car. Do they really expect to impress lay people with this or expect them to even remember this. For them its just Innova.

The company really needs to rethink their marketing and naming.
Old 27th April 2017, 10:47   #768
BANNED

4th Service

4th service of the Crysta was done this week, and the current odometer reading is around 20400KM which it covered in 10 months. Engine oil, oil filter, cabin filter, a brake drum gasket etc were the items that were changed. Also had the wheels balanced, aligned and rotated during this service. The vehicle drives beautifully as it did and no issues to report.

Another sad news is that the Innova was rear ended on RH corner while it was parked and some ghastly damages were inflicted on it for none of its fault Bumper was torn near the clips, tail lamp was broken and sheet metal was also dented as it got hit right at the corner. I asked them to take their own time to fix it and not to hurry. But I am relieved now, Toyota Trivandrum has fixed it to the best of their abilities and it is not noticeable anymore Insurance was claimed this time to fix it.

Parts replaced: Rear bumper, bumper carrier, RH tail light.
Parts repaired: Rear quarter panel.

Last edited by Sankar : 27th April 2017 at 10:59.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2017, 12:21   #769
BHPian

Re: 4th Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Engine oil, oil filter, cabin filter, a brake drum gasket etc were the items that were changed. Also had the wheels balanced, aligned and rotated during this service. The vehicle drives beautifully as it did and no issues to report.

Sir, could you please share a ball-park figure of the service and repair costs, to help me compare it against the costs incurred for a similar accident faced by my Endy Titanium
Old 28th April 2017, 09:36   #770
BHPian

Quote:
4th service of the Crysta was done this week, and the current odometer reading is around 20400KM which it covered in 10 months. Engine oil, oil filter, cabin filter, a brake drum gasket etc were the items that were changed. Also had the wheels balanced, aligned and rotated during this service. The vehicle drives beautifully as it did and no issues to report.

Another sad news is that the Innova was rear ended on RH corner while it was parked and some ghastly damages were inflicted on it for none of its fault Bumper was torn near the clips, tail lamp was broken and sheet metal was also dented as it got hit right at the corner. I asked them to take their own time to fix it and not to hurry. But I am relieved now, Toyota Trivandrum has fixed it to the best of their abilities and it is not noticeable anymore Insurance was claimed this time to fix it.

We too had a similar experience sir.

While we were on the highway driving back from Coimbatore to Bangalore, a guy on a TVS 50, who was on the lane for bikes took a blind turn and bumped into the rear end of our Crysta which was on the rightmost lane. Looks like he didn't bother to take notice of the vehicles behind him. Had my dad not applied the brakes, we would have brought him down and he wouldn't have been in one piece!!
My dad was so furious that he parked the car and got down. However, he was taken aback as he didn't want to make the matter worse. He was relieved that the guy on the bike was alright and continued with the journey.

The whole saga damaged the rear end, forming two big dents and costing us nearly Rs 16,000!! The guy at the service center (Nandi Toyota) told us that we had to wait for almost a week if we were to claim insurance! However, if we were to pay by ourselves, then it would be delivered in 2 days. As we needed the car at the earliest we decided to pay it by ourselves. As promised, the car was delivered within two days and the payment was done at the service center itself. Man, I must say it was a job well done. There are no signs of the dents on the rear now and the car works just fine.

From the whole saga, we realised the following things:
  • Never trust a TVS 50 guy on the highway. They just remain oblivious of the fact that it's a highway and vehicles cruise at really high speeds.
  • Despite paying so much money for the insurance, we were shocked to know that it would take 5 days only for the Insurance procedure!
    The question to fellow BHPians is that is it normal for it to take that long or is it unusual?
  • After resolving the issue, the car almost looked brand new. There was absolutely no sign of the dents created! Kudos to Toyota for completing the task with perfection! Toyota is one of the best when it comes to Customer Satisfaction.
Old 28th April 2017, 12:10   #771
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthi.stark View Post
The whole saga damaged the rear end, forming two big dents and costing us nearly Rs 16,000!! The guy at the service center (Nandi Toyota) told us that we had to wait for almost a week if we were to claim insurance! However, if we were to pay by ourselves, then it would be delivered in 2 days. As we needed the car at the earliest we decided to pay it by ourselves. As promised, the car was delivered within two days and the payment was done at the service center itself. Man, I must say it was a job well done. There are no signs of the dents on the rear now and the car works just fine.

From the whole saga, we realised the following things:
  • Never trust a TVS 50 guy on the highway. They just remain oblivious of the fact that it's a highway and vehicles cruise at really high speeds.
  • Despite paying so much money for the insurance, we were shocked to know that it would take 5 days only for the Insurance procedure!
    The question to fellow BHPians is that is it normal for it to take that long or is it unusual?
  • After resolving the issue, the car almost looked brand new. There was absolutely no sign of the dents created! Kudos to Toyota for completing the task with perfection! Toyota is one of the best when it comes to Customer Satisfaction.
Full marks to Toyota on bringing the car back to its original looks! I am happy to hear that the standards are the same across the dealerships.

I wonder why they said it will take 5 days for insurance survey. Did you buy the insurance from them or directly? In my case it was done in a day but fixing took time, but i have no complaints and happy that it came out good.

Any two wheeler rider you see on the highway riding without proper gear approach with caution. These guys most likely would be a localite jaywalking on a two wheeler (jayriding? ) oblivious of what's happening around them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto$apien View Post
Sir, could you please share a ball-park figure of the service and repair costs, to help me compare it against the costs incurred for a similar accident faced by my Endy Titanium
Sure, could you share the details on the Endeavor thread please?

Last edited by Sankar : 28th April 2017 at 12:11.
Old 28th April 2017, 17:28   #772
Senior - BHPian

Hi

My 10.month old car windshield had to be replaced. 2 questions :

- the rfid is gone with the old windshield. Does it matter?
- the no polluting vehicle sticker is also gone. OK?

Another side doubt:

There are a bunch of small (1 mm square) squares visible on the windshield. The same squares are there but not visible easily in new vehicles. Doe it Matter?
Old 28th April 2017, 18:42   #773

The to be launched Toyota Innova Crysta Touring sport in display at a dealer ship in Delhi. Details to be same as discussed earlier:

1. To be launched on 4th May
2. Available only as 7 seater
3. Price to be marginally higher than the ZX trim, about 50-60k.
4. Might be available in limited nos. as a special 1st anniversary edition.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_5871.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_5872.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_5873.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_5874.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_5898.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_5899.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_5903.jpg  

hot wheels is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th April 2017, 20:18   #774
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Hi

My 10.month old car windshield had to be replaced. 2 questions :

- the rfid is gone with the old windshield. Does it matter?
- the no polluting vehicle sticker is also gone. OK?

Another side doubt:

There are a bunch of small (1 mm square) squares visible on the windshield. The same squares are there but not visible easily in new vehicles. Doe it Matter?
RFID sticker is available as spare, i believe. I have once discussed this with the dealer personnel here. I am without RFID sticker too, if it becomes mandatory in the future for some purpose i will get it fixed then.

PUC sticker is not required only the certificate has validity. You can always show the documentation and PUC is not required for the first year.

Did not get the squares part.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2017, 12:20   #775

More pictures of the Toyota Innova Crysta Touring sport in superior white color.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_5966.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_5967.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_5968.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_5969.jpg  

hot wheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2017, 12:02   #776
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, Shankar.

Quote:
RFID sticker is available as spare, i believe. I have once discussed this with the dealer personnel here. I am without RFID sticker too, if it becomes mandatory in the future for some purpose i will get it fixed then.
The ASC also found out after I asked. It costs about 125. Since I have a RTI insurance, I told him to get it affixed.

Not much is known about it at the dealer end. Might make sense to ask for it when you give the car in for work.

Quote:
PUC sticker is not required only the certificate has validity. You can always show the documentation and PUC is not required for the first year.:
Yes. When you travel across state boundaries it Becomes another way if harassing you. Hopefully, it won't come to that

Quote:
Did not get the squares part.
Just went out & checked the windshield. It. Now looks the windshield in a new car - meaning the squares are not visible directly.

Basically, along the edge there are a bunch of 1 mm by 1mm squares that seem to be there for locating the windshield (my guess). Go look along the edge of the windshield in strong angled light about 1" from the bottom. You will see squares in a line.

These were transparent & visible as soon the windshield was replaced. Now they are blended in. Guess the glue changes colour on curing.

Again this is something the dealer body shop should have known about & told me.
Old 1st May 2017, 13:37   #777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Thanks, Shankar.

Basically, along the edge there are a bunch of 1 mm by 1mm squares that seem to be there for locating the windshield (my guess). Go look along the edge of the windshield in strong angled light about 1" from the bottom. You will see squares in a line.
are you referring to these?

this would be the "Frit Band", the purpose of the frit is to provide an etched surface that allows adhesive to bond to the glass
Moto$apien is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2017, 16:42   #778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto$apien View Post
are you referring to these?

this would be the "Frit Band", the purpose of the frit is to provide an etched surface that allows adhesive to bond to the glass

No, MotoSapien. (read that article in Jalopnik.com too!)

Let me show you what I mean. (apologies for the highly reflective image. On the road. Can't control the light)

I am talking about these:

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_20170501_163637.jpg

These are taken from this location of the windshield

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_20170501_163748.jpg

Incidentally, the Crysta does not have Frit Band.
Old 2nd May 2017, 04:13   #779
BHPian

Has anyone tried to install the Auto Climate Control module in the lower G/GX variant? I recently saw an advertisement on one of the pages I follow on Instagram. Its based in Indonesia where this person has advertised the new Innova Crysta ACC console and seems like its a plug & play unit. Now my technical knowledge is next to negligible. So wanted to ask, if that's a possibility?

My family is planning to pick up another car soon next month and Innova GX fits the bill perfectly but the dash looks too rudimentary for my liking at this price point with those lackluster manual AC control knobs. If this installation is a possibility at a decent cost, I think making a decision would be a tad bit easier.

Here are the pics posted on Instagram -

Name:  innova.png
Views: 6260
Size:  491.5 KB

Name:  innova1.png
Views: 6277
Size:  361.1 KB
GameOfCars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2017, 06:28   #780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameOfCars View Post
Has anyone tried to install the Auto Climate Control module in the lower G/GX variant? I recently saw an advertisement on one of the pages I follow on Instagram. Its based in Indonesia where this person has advertised the new Innova Crysta ACC console and seems like its a plug & play unit. Now my technical knowledge is next to negligible. So wanted to ask, if that's a possibility?

My family is planning to pick up another car soon next month and Innova GX fits the bill perfectly but the dash looks too rudimentary for my liking at this price point with those lackluster manual AC control knobs. If this installation is a possibility at a decent cost, I think making a decision would be a tad bit easier.
I won't recommend that as it is going to effect car warranty. Additionally try asking the guy approx price for this including both part and labour to guage the cost in India.. But this is the best option if it is plug and play. It's a good find. 😊

Most Viewed