Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2017, 13:56   #856
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Agarwal View Post
Congrats on your new purchase, I also own a 2.8 Z and I am in love with it.

True. It's a beautiful car. With the three driving modes it is an absolute pleasure to drive.

But I was hoping someone could help me with a good dealer for service etc.. Not too happy with MGF Gurgaon

And, Shreyas have you installed the bumper guards.. Front and rear...

Last edited by Zappo : 24th July 2017 at 16:51. Reason: Quote corrected.
JSK22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2017, 14:22   #857
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
Do you have any pictures of the same? I have seen the Motevo player before on the same GX variant last year. But I am interested in the steering controls. Have been looking around for a while now to get them.
I don't have a picture of steering controls, but it is exactly same as VX/ZX variant. There are two options though:
1. Steering replacement- this costs about 40K
2. Adding control switches to existing steering-this costs about 16K

Both look the same, I was told there was some problem with switches and hence they are unsure as when new stock would be available.
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2017, 14:41   #858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSK22 View Post
But I was hoping someone could help me with a good dealer for service etc.. Not too happy with MGF Gurgaon
Sorry I cannot help you on that front as I have no idea about toyota dealers in gurgaon.

Quote:
And, Shreyas have you installed the bumper guards.. Front and rear...
Yes, I have installed the rear bumper guard but not the front one. Here is a picture of it:
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20170724_143359.jpg

Point to note: The bumper was installed aftermarket as there was a price difference of around 7000

I suggest you not to install a front bumper guard or bull guard because it can prove fatal during an accident as it interferes with the airbag sensors.

BTW what is the colour of your car?

With Regards,
Shreyas Kumar Agarwal
Shreyas Agarwal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2017, 16:21   #859
BHPian

Quote:
Point to note: The bumper was installed aftermarket as there was a price difference of around 7000

I suggest you not to install a front bumper guard or bull guard because it can prove fatal during an accident as it interferes with the airbag sensors.
So how much did the rear bumper cost you. I understand the dealers sell it for 10k. So did yours come for 3k. Thats a steal. Any contact numbers?

Regarding the front bumper I agree with you on the safety issue.. But then my vehicle has already had two scrapes, both in the front. That's what got me thinking. What do you think of this one?
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-screenshot_20170724161858154.jpeg  

Last edited by GTO : 25th July 2017 at 09:59. Reason: Poorly typed post
JSK22 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 25th July 2017, 11:26   #860
BHPian

Quote:
So how much did the rear bumper cost you. I understand the dealers sell it for 10k. So did yours come for 3k. Thats a steal. Any contact numbers?
Yes, it costed only 3k. It was installed in lucknow so, the option is not feasible for you.

Quote:
Regarding the front bumper I agree with you on the safety issue.. But then my vehicle has already had two scrapes, both in the front. That's what got me thinking. What do you think of this one?
This one is fine according to me as this one is made of plastic and would disintegrate during a crash but don't you think that this hinders the look of the car?

I know that such a big beast can attract scrapes like a magnet attracts iron. Even mine is due for the front bumper replacement but the car's sheer look and the safety issue compells me to not put a bull bar.

With Regards,
Shreyas Kumar Agarwal

Last edited by Shreyas Agarwal : 25th July 2017 at 11:27.
Old 25th July 2017, 11:36   #861
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This one is looking cool. What is the cost of this cover and how do they fix it?
Old 25th July 2017, 14:07   #862
BANNED

Quote:
What do you think of this one?
+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Agarwal View Post
This one is fine according to me as this one is made of plastic and would disintegrate during a crash but don't you think that this hinders the look of the car?
+

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
This one is looking cool.
No offence to anyone here.

May look cool in reality but I am seeing a major hindrance related to air flow to the front end area of the car especially the lower part of the bumper (air dam) that houses the intercooler that need good unrestricted air flow for better functioning and overall performance.

So please take an informed decision.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 19:37   #863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
This one is looking cool. What is the cost of this cover and how do they fix it?

There is this company called Ajanta enterprises in Mumbai. He would ship it to you and you would have to fix it yourself or get it done. Costs about 10k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
+

No offence to anyone here.

May look cool in reality but I am seeing a major hindrance related to air flow to the front end area of the car especially the lower part of the bumper (air dam) that houses the intercooler that need good unrestricted air flow for better functioning and overall performance.

So please take an informed decision.
Well Iam not sure about that. Will have to check from dealer or someone who has used it.
Old 25th July 2017, 19:58   #864
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He would ship it to you and you would have to fix it yourself or get it done. Costs about 10k. .
Then I won't bother. It's better to replace bumper whenever required. Most of the time re paint will do. Bumper will be better engineered to take the impacts too.
Old 25th July 2017, 23:15   #865

For the benefit of all those looking for an upgrade on the steering wheel of G variant. Nandi Toyota Bangalore is offering the steering mounted audio controls upgrade for 20,000/- and interface for 5000/-. Have not yet got time to get it installed, but an enquiry to their accessories section gave the necessary details.

Quote:
There is this company called Ajanta enterprises in Mumbai. He would ship it to you and you would have to fix it yourself or get it done. Costs about 10k.

Well Iam not sure about that. Will have to check from dealer or someone who has used it.
Mine is from M-TEK, got it from a dealer at Chennai. He had procured it from Bangalore he said. Regarding Air Intake being blocked, I haven't faced any issues till now. Touch wood. Also, having steel bars in front might actually prevent the operation of Airbags. Plastic even if it breaks, can be atleast be relied upon to break apart when needed be. Cost was around 10-12k.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20170724photo00000002.jpg  

Last edited by bblost : 25th July 2017 at 23:42.
sanoobhusain is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 23:26   #866
BHPian

Went to dealership for checking the vehicle today(delivery tomorrow). The vehicle was parked on rooftop of the dealership building.
First glance. Son very happy to meet the new family member
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_3157.jpg  

vsun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 15:53   #867
Senior - BHPian

Can you guys share more technical details of automatic transmission doing duty in the Innova crysta 2.8? Apart from the "6 Speed Automatic with Sequential Shift", which is available on the website.
Old 26th July 2017, 16:35   #868
Senior - BHPian

Fortuner 4x2, Innova = Aisin AC60E
Fortuner 4x4 = Aisin AC60F
Sankar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 16:41   #869
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanoobhusain View Post
For the benefit of all those looking for an upgrade on the steering wheel of G variant. Nandi Toyota Bangalore is offering the steering mounted audio controls upgrade for 20,000/- and interface for 5000/-. Have not yet got time to get it installed, but an enquiry to their accessories section gave the necessary details.
The entire control set costs 16400 and you can bargain a bit. It can be connected to most of aftermarket stereo as well. I was told there is some problem with kits and Toyota has temporarily stopped dispatching.
Also the Motevo unit in the picture costs about 50K. The display is larger than the stock ZX unit.
Old 28th July 2017, 22:28   #870
BHPian

Hi all,

Just wanted to know if anyone was able to update the navigation maps ( SD Card )... Every time i take my car to the service center, the service contact person removes the card and gives to me ....

regrds
anzy

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks