Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2017, 22:03   #886
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepu Sharma View Post
After driving my gx automatic for 2000 kms , can certainly say the best i got was 13.4 and the worst 9.8 on a tankfull method.
The car is absolutely brilliant that after owning an Endeavour 3.2 at. Feels so much lighter and Stable on both highways and city drives. Much more comfortable for both passengers as well as driver as compared to the Endy. Since I do not have needs for the 4x4 and Car usually used for Urban Commute, Does the work excellently.
Nice to know that there is someone else in the forum who drives a Endeavour and Crysta. I am not trying to dismiss your opinions but I find it otherwise when I compare Endeavour and Crysta. I drive both in dense Bangalore traffic and a lot on Bangalore-Mangalore 4 lane highway. In both conditions if I am driving, I prefer Endeavour anyday. The Endeavour's steering is joy to use, plus the seats offer more bolstering. The steering feels more connected as well. It weighs very well for highway and is super light in city. Noise insulation is much superior in Endeavour. The Innova is lighter but as speeds build up the heavier Endeavour feels more planted and secure. The back seat of Innova is slightly more cushy/comfortable at slow speeds but once you pick up speed, the Endeavour feels better. The Endeavour is more capable while driving through bad patches as well.
PrideRed is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th August 2017, 11:15   #887
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Nice to know that there is someone else in the forum who drives a Endeavour and Crysta. I am not trying to dismiss your opinions but I find it otherwise when I compare Endeavour and Crysta. I drive both in dense Bangalore traffic and a lot on Bangalore-Mangalore 4 lane highway. In both conditions if I am driving, I prefer Endeavour anyday. The Endeavour's steering is joy to use, plus the seats offer more bolstering. The steering feels more connected as well. It weighs very well for highway and is super light in city. Noise insulation is much superior in Endeavour. The Innova is lighter but as speeds build up the heavier Endeavour feels more planted and secure. The back seat of Innova is slightly more cushy/comfortable at slow speeds but once you pick up speed, the Endeavour feels better. The Endeavour is more capable while driving through bad patches as well.
Completely agree on this Sir but my take of perspective is different considering the price point brand value etc, and on priority the usage . If no 4x4 required innova is a good choice considering light on drive and pocket.My drives are usually city and highways and hardly any offroading so sold my endeavour to buy an innova. Comfort wise the Endeavour is matchless but over long distances the Innova has a strong case for both Driver and passenger as enjoys a lesser body roll. Not that it has a greater Suspension than the Endy but still quite Comfy. Finally when refilling does bring the smile to your face.
Deepu Sharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2017, 11:26   #888
Senior - BHPian

I agree with you regarding the choice of vehicle for the intended usage. Now that the Innova gets the same awesome engine, I personally see no point in buying a Fortuner or Endeavour if 4x4 is not required. Innova Crysta does handle the roads very well, potholed as well as highways at its maximum speed very well. Better than many people would imagine it to.

Last edited by GTO : 13th August 2017 at 17:48. Reason: Many typos
Sankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2017, 13:13   #889
BHPian

Quote:
I got it installed above the number plate, very similar to what you see in V/Z variants. The fit is excellent. I got Blaupunkt HU and the display is just above average in bright sunlight. While the camera as such is good, it will depend on what HU you have.
Thanks for sharing. Can you share the cost involved and some pictures of the camera and HU in action? Also is it at Nandi Toyota that you got this installed?
Old 12th August 2017, 13:48   #890
BANNED

Working on the audio install today on my GX AT crysta. Opted for Pioneer 8890 headunit ; Herts HSK hi energy Components of front door ; Hertz Mille pro Components at rear and Hertz HCP 4 D amplifier. Just cannot think beyond hertz for speakers as had the same set up on my elantra . Will post images of install and damages post the job is done. Looking forward to some great SQ here.
Old 12th August 2017, 18:07   #891
BHPian

We finally picked up our AG Bronze Innova Crysta 2.7ZX today after a long wait today. I'm anxiously awaiting our upcoming highway trip in a few days, really curious to see how it behaves on the highway. Regrettably, I'm unable to attach pictures as I am still a newbie here, however I would love to share them eventually as my post count rises.

Some thoughts from everyone who went along for delivery:
-Mom instantly fell in love with the car, I can tell from the smile she had that she will enjoy the car the most. She sat in the Captain seats and throughly enjoyed the ride.

-Dad was sold on the petrol engine model the moment he heard it was launched. He is extremely happy with the choice. He too was seated in the Captain seats for maximum comfort. He kept saying we made the right choice.

-My sister who is also somewhat into cars really enjoyed the comfort levels. She drives my Santa Fe back home in Canada and said it's almost similar in terms of comfort. She did mention its slightly more bumpy but I attributed that to the ladder on frame construction. Not a deal breaker by any means, it's a very comfortable car.

-My uncle who is also into cars immensely enjoyed the car. He actually got the privilege of driving the car back home from the dealer! The first one to drive the new car loved it, no doubt everyone else will.

As for my own thoughts, I am in love. The sheer presence of the car is felt when compared to other smaller cars. Quite a few cars scurried out of the way when our bronze behemoth showed up behind them.

On a related note, I also finally got the chance to drive a diesel powered Crysta and immediately felt we made the right choice. The NVH in the diesel isn't as refined as the petrol. Yes the power was more in your face, but ultimately it's my parents who will be the primary drivers of this vechile. In addition to that, our car won't run nearly enough to justify the price tag of the diesel so we're super happy with the choice!
CrippledLucifer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th August 2017, 19:58   #892
Senior - BHPian

I took the test drive of a Petrol Crysta automatic today for a friend. I drive a Diesel automatic and the first thing I noticed was the refinement! The vehicle is so refined that when we stopped and i took over i had to double check if the engine was running.

Coming to performance it was the linear and smooth and lacks the urgency of Diesel. Overtaking on two lane road needs a bit more calculation as the vehicle wont quite accelerate like the Diesel automatic. In Diesel i prefer the AT variant but in Petrol i think manual would be better. Once the RPM picks up it does accelerate well, the engine needs to be kept in its powerband if quick progress is to be expected. Exhaust note when accelerating is nice to listen to.

Cruising on the highway it feels almost sedan like. Oh and another thing i noticed was that the petrol actually feels better over bad roads and seems to roll less than diesel, maybe its due to less weight up front.

Price for 2.7GX MT is around 15.6 OTR at current GST rate.

Short clip on the silence inside (compared to my Diesel)

Last edited by Sankar : 12th August 2017 at 20:00.
Sankar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th August 2017, 21:48   #893
BHPian

My new innova crysta sport.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20170812_171546.jpg  

Vulken Auto is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 13th August 2017, 17:57   #894
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto View Post
My new innova crysta sport.
Congrats! The Crysta sport looks great in white and personally I like it much better than the Red colour which looks quite gaudy and makes it look like a wannabe SUV.
Behemoth is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2017, 23:05   #895
BHPian

Folks, does anyone happen to know how to raise the headlight level? I've tried using the screw in the back but while it turns a very tiny bit, the beam stays in the same place. The LED headlights are really nice however they point way too low and I have a hard time seeing things that are further down the road without the use of high beams. Thanks in advance!
Old 14th August 2017, 01:47   #896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Ever since i saw the pics of dashboard wooden trim i wanted it too because it does look nice I think mine is from the 2.4ZX variant 2.8ZX is darker shade like what you have in yours. I also opted for the rear console trim, silver AC surround and the front grille.
===========
Previously i had the two slat full chrome applique on the grille. I'm selling it along with the GX upper grille if anyone needs. Some ZX owners put that over their ZX grille

Dear Sankar,

Thanks for sharing all the details. We are also about to purchase an innova 2.8 GX AT and seek your input regarding the accessories.

I see that the silver interior trim and the front grille are not part of the accessories list across a couple of dealers I'm in touch with.

It would help to know from where did you source silver strip and if possible it's cost as well. Similarly, the ZX model grille is not listed any where. Can you provide an brought estimate did it cost you and was it purchased as a spare part?

Thank you!

Last edited by khan_sultan : 5th February 2019 at 15:37. Reason: edited quoted post for better readability
Old 14th August 2017, 07:03   #897
Senior - BHPian

I have a couple of questions/ issues.

The iPod which I had connected to the the Crysta via a hub has stopped working (was working fine for over a year). I thought that the cable had gone bad and got a new one. But the ICE simply does not recognize that the iPod is connected neither directly on the port nor via the hub. Nor does it recognize it with either the new cable or the old.

The iPod and both the cables seem fine otherwise - the cables work with a different iPod and the iPod itself is recognized and is operable on the PC with the same cables.

So, what is the issue & any suggestions? Not very sure that going to Toyota for electrical/ electronic issues is of any use as they have very little clue.

Also, can somebody point me to a video on how to replace the rubber USB boot on the Vx? It has come off & I am afraid using a screw driver to push it past the lugs will either destroy the lugs or tear the rubber boot.

Thanks.
Old 14th August 2017, 11:17   #898
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchit.j View Post
Dear Sankar,

Thanks for sharing all the details. We are also about to purchase an innova 2.8 GX AT and seek your input regarding the accessories.

I see that the silver interior trim and the front grille are not part of the accessories list across a couple of dealers I'm in touch with.

It would help to know from where did you source silver strip and if possible it's cost as well. Similarly, the ZX model grille is not listed any where. Can you provide an brought estimate did it cost you and was it purchased as a spare part?

Thank you!
Congrats! The AT is a good choice.

The chrome grille add on trim was bought from the showroom, it is an aftermarket part. I replaced it with ZX grille which was ordered as a spare.

The interior silver trim was also ordered as a spare as it comes in V/Z variants. Since both are OE items you may have to ask them to order it through the spare section, some dealers can source it through their accessory division. I don't remember the price, it has been an year almost.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2017, 09:45   #899
BHPian

Quote:
The entire control set costs 16400 and you can bargain a bit. It can be connected to most of aftermarket stereo as well. I was told there is some problem with kits and Toyota has temporarily stopped dispatching.
Also the Motevo unit in the picture costs about 50K. The display is larger than the stock ZX unit.
If possible, can you please share pictures of the Motevo in action? How has the overall experience been like? I know majority of forum folks dislike Motevo but since you've been using this - please let me know your thoughts. Thanks.
Old 15th August 2017, 10:28   #900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathik View Post
If possible, can you please share pictures of the Motevo in action? How has the overall experience been like? I know majority of forum folks dislike Motevo but since you've been using this - please let me know your thoughts. Thanks.
A very similar looking player and the fitting kit is also being offered by Mega Audio brand.

There's also a you tube video about it. That one also costs about 50k at MRP.

Most Viewed