Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2017, 13:11   #901
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchit.j View Post
A very similar looking player and the fitting kit is also being offered by Mega Audio brand.

There's also a you tube video about it. That one also costs about 50k at MRP.
No point spending that kind of money on motevo. Better things available for Crysta. Completed audio install today Just blown off by the impressive Results.Pics and details coming soon.
Old 18th August 2017, 13:52   #902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepu Sharma View Post
No point spending that kind of money on motevo. Better things available for Crysta. Completed audio install today Just blown off by the impressive Results.Pics and details coming soon.
I've shortlisted now the following:
HU - Pioneer AVH-Z2090BT
Speakers - TS-R1650D (set of 4)

This will get the basics right.
Old 18th August 2017, 16:51   #903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchit.j View Post
I've shortlisted now the following:
HU - Pioneer AVH-Z2090BT
Speakers - TS-R1650D (set of 4)

This will get the basics right.
Depends what are your basic requirments if its just plain simple audio better go for an android unit with stock speakers . however If you are an audio enthusiast suggest look for option in relation to the the amount you are ready to spend on this.
Old 19th August 2017, 12:00   #904
Senior - BHPian

Closing down to 150K KMS on XUV. Reliability is getting slightly worrisome in spite of spending money to get back to its pristine condition. Would prefer to keep it for another minimum 50k kms or so, but the lack of confidence on reliability on highway trips with family is pushing me for replacement (with extended warranty expiry)

Have seen many qualis/innovas doing solid 3L plus kms & also remain reliable. Crysta looks like a worth replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
[
The Innova Crysta continues with the tough body-on-frame construction that its predecessor also used. As we know, body-on-frame UVs are generally more robust, albeit they come with the penalty of weight & driving experience.
How does Crysta fare in comparison to XUV handling? XUV on long drives is awesome & munches kms effortless

Quote:
Unfortunately, the door's sheet metal is still thin (a common complaint with all Innova owners). Press it with your thumb and it'll easily flex. Like the old Innova, even this car will ding easily:
Crysta has fared well on safety ratings...few rate innova less safer because of this thin metal sheet. Does it really impact on safety?

Quote:
Official ground clearance rating is merely 167 mm, but don't be misled by that. Toyota has artificially kept it low just as Mahindra did with the XUV500 @ 160 mm. Reason? They save 3% excise duty (27% vs 30% for big UVs with 170 mm of GC). 3% on a 15 lakh car is Rs. 45,000! I put the Innova Crysta through some mild offroading and she didn't scrape anywhere:
Actual ground clearance for XUV is 200 mm.....what the actual GC for Crysta?
Old 19th August 2017, 17:58   #905
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
How does Crysta fare in comparison to XUV handling? XUV on long drives is awesome & munches kms effortless
Handling wise, xuv wins for sure. But, with a large mpv, we have to be mature with our direction changes.
Comfort wise, the Crysta beats the xuv hands down.

And it makes sense as well considering the purpose of both these vehicles. ( MPV vs SUV )

Quote:
Crysta has fared well on safety ratings...few rate innova less safer because of this thin metal sheet. Does it really impact on safety?
It's not the sheet metal thickness which decides the safety of a vehicle, Period! Regardless, there'll always be some who will press at the sheet metal and give their conclusions on safety. Just ignore them.

Crysta's asean ncap safety rating for different variants are

Z variant with esc
  • Adult protection - 5 stars
  • Child protection - 4 stars

Other variants without esc
  • Adult protection - 4 stars
  • Child protection - 4 stars

Xuv 500 scores 4 stars for adult protection in Australian ncap. But, its structural integrity was rated as bad in a frontal collision.

Quote:
Actual ground clearance for XUV is 200 mm.....what the actual GC for Crysta?
Crysta ground clearance is kept artificially down at 167 mm for tax reasons. In real world driving, you are safe in most terrain except when it comes to off roading. Again, it's a matter of comfort taking precedence over off roadability on an MPV vis-a-vis an SUV.

Last edited by amalji : 19th August 2017 at 18:00.
amalji is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 19th August 2017, 19:25   #906

Hey guys my long search for a car finally came to end with the Innova Crysta.

Booked the Z AT from Madhuban Toyota, Khar and the vehicle will be delivered on Ganapati this Friday.

The colour choice was between the garnet red and super white. I preferred the super white as I thought it would age better.

Test drove both the manual and the automatic in peak Mumbai traffic and the slush box won on the convenience factor especially with the long throw of the clutch. The brown leather seats look especially premium in the AT and won the family over with the comfort.

Took the Toyota nil depreciation and the basic accessories kit which costed 22,000/-

The all inclusive cost was Rs. 25,21,000/- and was offered a discount of Rs. 45,000/-

Saved on the much dreaded GST cess increase from next month and hence acted quickly. Cheers guys
Old 21st August 2017, 14:11   #907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
Thanks for sharing. Can you share the cost involved and some pictures of the camera and HU in action? Also is it at Nandi Toyota that you got this installed?
I don't have photos with me yet and will do so when I have one. It costed me about 2K after discount. They have fitted the camera by removing one of the number plate lights. In Z variant the camera part is separately mounted.
I got these installed at Nandi toyota and comes with warranty. The quality isn't that great(when compared with my Endeavour) but is satisfactory and helpful. The stock sensors in Innova are not that good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathik View Post
If possible, can you please share pictures of the Motevo in action? How has the overall experience been like? I know majority of forum folks dislike Motevo but since you've been using this - please let me know your thoughts. Thanks.
I don't have the Motevo unit, I experienced it in a Demo car and did not feel its worth 50K. I have installed Blaupunkt San Marino unit with Rockford Fosgate speakers.

Last edited by PrideRed : 21st August 2017 at 14:13.
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 14:55   #908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
They have fitted the camera by removing one of the number plate lights. In Z variant the camera part is separately mounted.
The quality isn't that great(when compared with my Endeavour) but is satisfactory and helpful. The stock sensors in Innova are not that good.

The quality is not good even in Z variant as compared to S Cross and quality is very grainy like the cams on pre 2010 laptops.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 14:59   #909
Senior - BHPian

Had gone to Mysore with 2.25 people on board. I tanked up at Uttarahalli and reset trip and onboard FE display. The car has just run 1.5K and maintained speed of 80-100KM/Hr. The usual Mysore road traffic ensured I did not cross this speed. I checked FE in MID when I reached Mysore and it was displaying 17.1KMPL . It took a while for me to digest this number. While I agree best way is to get tankful and then measure FE, from my past two refills I found MID based FE to be fairly accurate. The MID FE now shows 15.3KMPL which includes 60-70KM drive in Mysore city and about 20-30KM in Bangalore traffic.
People have complained that Crysta is not as good to drive as old gen Innova. I have both gen and without any hesitation can say that Crysta offers better ride and handling. There is no comparison in engine department.
The only place where I found old Innova better is gearbox. The one is Crysta is more notchy and does not slot properly. I know it’s little too early and expect better gearshift after 5K/10K service.
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 20:04   #910
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota is in the process of updating the Innova Crysta range, as per an exclusive report by GaadiWaadi.

Quote:
The Japanese manufacturer seems to be taking a dig at the Touring Sport once again as it will be receiving mild hybrid technology by next month.
The Z AT variants will feature LED foglamps instead of normal units while the six-speed automatic trims will get the idle start and stop technology. In the manual VX trim, the Touring Sport will be offered with a six-speed gearbox as opposed to current five-speed unit. It will also gain idle start and stop with Vehicle Stability Control, Traction Control, Hill Assistance Control and Intelligent Manual Transmission. Moreover, another additional feature is the audio being replaced by navigation.

The manual and automatic Z variants along with VX MT will witness the addition of LED fog lamps. However, unlike the Touring Sport, the idle start and stop technology won’t be made available in the Innova Crysta. The VX MT will also opt for navigation in place of the normal audio.

The GX AT and MT gain a slew of new features like driver seat height adjustment, door ajar warning with each door display, rear cup holder and rear armrest in the eight seater version. The entry-level manual G trims will come fitted with rear seat air conditioning system.
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2017, 10:37   #911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Toyota is in the process of updating the Innova Crysta range, as per an exclusive report by GaadiWaadi.
Thanks for the latest info RavenAvi.
The door ajar warning with each door display is already there in GX.
vsun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2017, 11:10   #912
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
How much will the price hike be? Asking because it is already overpriced. Another 50K minimum is the price bump I expect, but Toyota has always surpassed my expectations on pricing though on the wrong side
nkrishnap is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2017, 00:56   #913
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dearly hope that it is a proper hybrid and not the "fake soft hybrids"! Else, it doesn't make much of a sense to go for it. I have been trying out different hybrids in the US and is amazed by the kind of efficiency difference it brings to the fore.
Old 24th August 2017, 02:32   #914
BHPian

Quote:
Is this news confirmed? We have just made a down payment for the ZX in manual. We rather hold on if it's true!
Old 24th August 2017, 08:34   #915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Toyota is in the process of updating the Innova Crysta range
While the 6 speed MT is a great addition, I wonder why they aren't giving the 2.8 AT in the VX trim still. That could easily become the most sought after variant if its available.

The GX is too bare bones and Z is a little too expensive for someone who is looking at only AT variants.

And hopefully idle start and stop technology has a button to switch it off with a memory setting.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks