Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2017, 21:32   #991
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

I am getting between 10.3 and 10.5 kmpl in the hills in my Crysta 2.8 Automatic. I am actually surprised that it is giving such a reasonable mileage despite the fact that car has done only 1563 kms.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img20171006wa0020.jpg  

Old 12th October 2017, 17:10   #992
Senior - BHPian

On my recent highway trip i got to experience two extremes of my Crysta. Since the car had completed 4.5K I took the liberty of using Power mode on my onward journey. Got a FE of 10.45, almost inline with what on-board computer displayed. These figures are with very high speed(had to do it as I had to reach home ASAP) on Bangalore-Mangalore highway.
On return leg drove on Eco mode with speed not more 110KM/hr and on board computer is showing 16.0 after parking the car in my apartment.
If driven in Eco mode and with speeds less than 100-110 one can easily get ARAI claimed figures provided the roads are decent.

P.S: Roads after Hassan to Mangalore is in pretty bad state and often needs to shift to first/second gear.
PrideRed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2017, 07:55   #993
Senior - BHPian

Folks,

As GX variant do not come with inbuilt stereo system, and hence no stereo controls on the steering wheel. The place where the controls is supposed to looks to be covered with "plastic/fibre?".

If one installs a stereo, is it also possible to install after market steering controls? Any one out there have done that, or any suggestions? Not seeing much of details on GX variant in this thread, so any inputs on this is much appreciated. Also any other accessories that can give a face-lift to the otherwise bland GX interiors.
Old 22nd October 2017, 08:14   #994
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
I am getting between 10.3 and 10.5 kmpl in the hills in my Crysta 2.8 Automatic. I am actually surprised that it is giving such a reasonable mileage despite the fact that car has done only 1563 kms.
Don't get carried away by the MID, do the tankful to tankful method for the correct mileage.
Old 22nd October 2017, 08:21   #995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Folks,

As GX variant do not come with inbuilt stereo system, and hence no stereo controls on the steering wheel. The place where the controls is supposed to looks to be covered with "plastic/fibre?".

If one installs a stereo, is it also possible to install after market steering controls? Any one out there have done that, or any suggestions? Not seeing much of details on GX variant in this thread, so any inputs on this is much appreciated. Also any other accessories that can give a face-lift to the otherwise bland GX interiors.
You can install the steering wheel with audio controls at Toyota itself. Costs 20K. Seen someone get it installed in their GX at Whitefield Nandi Toyota.
badri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2017, 09:03   #996
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Folks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by badri View Post
You can install the steering wheel with audio controls at Toyota itself. Costs 20K. Seen someone get it installed in their GX at Whitefield Nandi Toyota.
Yes indeed possible though I don't have first hand information on how its done. There was an ad on OLX bangalore offering OE control retrofit for GX at a lower rate. I asked the seller if he is willing to ship the kit but he said I need to visit him. Next time when in Bangalore i have this on my plans. If someone here gets the retrofit done please share details.

Quote:
Congrats! Hope you enjoy the Crysta ownership experience. Mileage is quite good for the power and convenience (AT) on offer; especially when comparing to the previous generation Innova.

Last edited by Sankar : 22nd October 2017 at 09:20.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2017, 09:16   #997
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Don't get carried away by the MID, do the tankful to tankful method for the correct mileage.
+1 to this. Always cross check the average mileage with tank full to tank full method. Manufacturers always tend to be optimistic with MIDs. The only manufacturer whom I have seen have given a close match is FIAT.

PS: I've tested using OBD2 adapter on my Etios and I found the average mileage logic itself to be flawed because it doesn't correlate with the fuel used metrics supplied by the same OBD2 port.
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2017, 11:22   #998
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Tankful to tankful is very similar, but ofcourse I need to ensure that I fill from the same bunk and same dispenser from tankful to tank full. Even tankful to tankful can be misleading cause the cut off varies, unless you fill to the brim, which I don't like to do.
Old 22nd October 2017, 11:53   #999
Senior - BHPian

During last trip it consumed about 4000rs diesel one way at rs62 per liter for a 750 KM trip and had some remaining in the tank at the end. Mileage is around 11.6 (give or take a few points) when driven fast. This is on a tuned engine, stock used to yield lower FE at similar speeds.

I don't do tankful method, not too obsessed with calculating fuel economy. MID or the above method is good enough for me and both read close.

Last edited by Sankar : 22nd October 2017 at 11:56.
Old 22nd October 2017, 12:12   #1000
GT3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Yes indeed possible though I don't have first hand information on how its done. There was an ad on OLX bangalore offering OE control retrofit for GX at a lower rate. I asked the seller if he is willing to ship the kit but he said I need to visit him. Next time when in Bangalore i have this on my plans. If someone here gets the retrofit done please share details.
I am getting the Etios next week. Mine is the GXd variant. Your update will be helpful to me.
Old 22nd October 2017, 14:49   #1001
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tankful to tankful is very similar, but ofcourse I need to ensure that I fill from the same bunk and same dispenser from tankful to tank full. Even tankful to tankful can be misleading cause the cut off varies, unless you fill to the brim, which I don't like to do.
Yes, but do it a few times and you will get a pattern. With many manufacturers, MID is always on the optimistic side of things and in some, the average mileage calculation logic itself is flawed.

for example, nkrishnap has been religiously comparing both on his FIAT Linea and the tank full to tank full is really close to what the MID says. Kudos to brand - FIAT for being honest here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Mileage Update:

Attachment 1659689
Would be interesting to see in what bracket the Crysta MID value fall into.

PS: I have set my eyes on this vehicle, and will be taking the Crysta 2.4 MT for rent as my self drive car during my Delhi visit early next year. It should help me get a good feel about the comfort levels this vehicle can offer. Will make the purchase decision after that.

Last edited by amalji : 22nd October 2017 at 14:57.
amalji is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2017, 15:58   #1002
BHPian

Noticed a weird behavior of the doors lock and unlock buttons in my crysta. When the driver door is in open position, if we press the lock button or unlock button, all doors get unlocked. What I mean to say is, when the driver door is in open position, even if we press the lock button, all doors get unlocked. So there is no difference in action between lock and unlock buttons when the driver door is in open position.
Old 23rd October 2017, 14:13   #1003
BHPian

Quote:
I have consistently got 17.9 on my mid on highway and 10.9 in city. I managed below image for 900 kms + trip with 80% highway 20% city using power mode in city.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20171019_102858.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd October 2017 at 15:01. Reason: Correcting image orientation
Vulken Auto is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 14:33   #1004
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto View Post
I have consistently got 17.9 on my mid on highway and 10.9 in city. I managed below image for 900 kms + trip with 80% highway 20% city using power mode in city.
Do you own the automatic or the manual?
Old 24th October 2017, 09:27   #1005
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
Yes, but do it a few times and you will get a pattern. With many manufacturers, MID is always on the optimistic side of things and in some, the average mileage calculation logic itself is flawed.
Exactly, if not done with care, tankful to tankful itself can be flawed, unless you fill from the same pump, same dispenser over a couple of sessions. I don't like to fill to the brim as it is not good for the pressure system in the common rail pump. I am sure global companies like Toyota cannot afford to tarnish their image. Besides if the ECM can control the micro units of diesel injected into the cylinder in each cycle. I am sure that the same ECM can keep an fairly accurate account of deisel consumed by the common rail pump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
Do you own the automatic or the manual?
I think is the 2.4 manual. I have seen average of 13 to 14 in the hills for the 2.4 manual.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks