Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2017, 23:10   #1096
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansumaan View Post
Anyone has any further update on the December discount on Innova Crysta 2.8 Z ?
I spoke to a dealer in Bangalore, he says that the discount is 100K considering the price hike next year (70 K price hike + 30K cash discount). In November same dealer offered me only 15 K Corporate Discount.
I am offered 30k discount plus 10k accessories on Innova Crysta Z 2.4, slated to be delivered on Monday. Its the top end, I reckon mats and side steps are the only ones looking after?
ubermensch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 23:57   #1097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubermensch View Post
I am offered 30k discount plus 10k accessories on Innova Crysta Z 2.4, slated to be delivered on Monday. Its the top end, I reckon mats and side steps are the only ones looking after?
Does TKM provide side steps as an official accesory or did I read the accessory list wrong?
Old 9th December 2017, 10:33   #1098
BHPian

Quote:
I took the following on 2.4 Z (some free, some paid) :
1. Side Steps
2. Mud Flaps
3. 3D Floor Mats & Plain Mat for boot (need to check what's in the 3rd row)
4. Rear Bumper Grill (already recovered the cost in a rear ending)
5. Illuminated Door Sills (just lovin' it)
6. Seat Belt Cushioning Pads (nice)
7. Honeywell Car Charger (real powerful it is)
8. And some more stuff like idol, perfume, key chains, etc.
Old 9th December 2017, 13:15   #1099
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
1. Side Steps
How useful is it? Could you please post more details on the brand, model and real photos?

Quote:
How much does it cost and how did you recover the cost? If it was a bumper damage instead, it would have been covered in bumper to bumper insurance instead, right?

Quote:
Could you please share the model number? I always use the Motorola turbo charger with 2 outputs. Never found something better than this still.

Last edited by amalji : 9th December 2017 at 13:16.
Old 9th December 2017, 21:21   #1100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AShubrah View Post
Does TKM provide side steps as an official accesory or did I read the accessory list wrong?

It seems the Side steps are part of official accessories. Visited a dealer today & saw couple of cars with Toyota branded side steps . The Dealer confirmed that its fitted by them.
ansumaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2017, 19:31   #1101
BHPian

Quote:
It does!

Quote:
I took the following on 2.4 Z (some free, some paid) :
1. Side Steps
2. Mud Flaps
3. 3D Floor Mats & Plain Mat for boot (need to check what's in the 3rd row)
5. Illuminated Door Sills (just lovin' it)
6. Seat Belt Cushioning Pads (nice)
8. And some more stuff like idol, perfume, key chains, etc.
What did you end up paying, if you don't mind sharing?
Old 11th December 2017, 13:23   #1102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post

How much does it cost and how did you recover the cost? If it was a bumper damage instead, it would have been covered in bumper to bumper insurance instead, right?
Price list of accessories here. They might be offering 5-10 % discount .

http://www.nanditoyota.com/accessories-price.html
ansumaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2017, 14:26   #1103
BHPian

Quote:
It seems the Side steps are part of official accessories. Visited a dealer today & saw couple of cars with Toyota branded side steps . The Dealer confirmed that its fitted by them.
Quote:
It does.
Quote:
As I mentioned in my earlier post & even in the accessory list you posted above, there is absolutely no mention of side steps being offered as an official accessory.
The only reason I am so paranoid about not getting an aftermarket or a dealer sourced one is because of the curtain airbags in our 2.4 ZX that might not deploy due to the same in case of an accident.
Old 11th December 2017, 20:34   #1104
BHPian

Yes , You are right. It doesn't feature in the list. However I am sure that you can fix it in the Showroom, not sure about the side airbags though. The side steps I saw in the showroom are not very appealing.

Last edited by ansumaan : 11th December 2017 at 20:38.
Old 11th December 2017, 21:24   #1105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
above, there is absolutely no mention of side steps being offered as an official accessory.
What I've heard is that Innova doesn't have the side steps as an oem accessory. Dealers use fortuner's side steps on the Innova. Regarding what effect it can have on curtain airbags, I'm not too sure.
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2017, 16:01   #1106
BHPian

Quote:
How useful is it? Could you please post more details on the brand, model and real photos?
Could you please share the model number? I always use the Motorola turbo charger with 2 outputs. Never found something better than this still.
OK. Will do.
The grill absorbed the crash and has hardly a dent. The bumper is fully safe. The investment on the grill gets me NCB on insurance renewal premium.
Quote:
What did you end up paying, if you don't mind sharing?
I don't mind. But, I have not seen the bill nor have access to it. Too much trouble moving a request to the concerned department. It's a corporate car. Estimate was around 50-60k total. Actually, should have gone to the showroom for delivery myself and would have seen all the papers and maybe kept a copy. Dealer sent the car across through their driver as I was busy that day.
Old 13th December 2017, 17:06   #1107
BHPian

For people who aren't a fan of aftermarket rear bike protectors and the plastic ones from Toyota, they've a new metal rear guard in stock. Will post pics soon, it's getting installed as I type at MGF Toyota, Gurgaon.
Old 13th December 2017, 18:59   #1108
BHPian

Quote:
What I've heard is that Innova doesn't have the side steps as an oem accessory. Dealers use fortuner's side steps on the Innova. Regarding what effect it can have on curtain airbags, I'm not too sure.
They do have a OEM side step, however it's not advertised in their accessories brochure. Price: 14000.00
Doesn't help much as a side step, more as a bike/rickshaw protector.
RickyC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2017, 19:02   #1109
BHPian

Quote:
For people who aren't a fan of aftermarket rear bike protectors and the plastic ones from Toyota, they've a new metal rear guard in stock. Will post pics soon, it's getting installed as I type at MGF Toyota, Gurgaon.
Even this one is not as sturdy/strong as the old steel pipe design. The idea is to protect the bumper and incidentally, both the options from Toyota fail to do so effectively, even while charging exhorbidently..
Stick to the old steel design which is easily available for 2.5-3.5K at your FNG/Accessories shop.
RickyC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 01:57   #1110
BHPian

Quote:

Please do share pictures as well as price of the rear bike guard you're getting installed. When we picked up our car in August, we opted against the genuine Toyota one as it there had been reports on here of it being too weak. It made no sense to spend the ~₹10,000 that the dealer was asking for it especially since the car would be visiting UP from time to time where traffic is sometimes even worse than in the NCR.

We instead went to Lajpat Nagar and found a similar looking product albeit still made of plastic but for a much more reasonable ₹4,000. I would attach a picture but my post count appears to be too low to attach an image in.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks