Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2017, 02:09   #1141
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 79
Thanked: 156 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AShubrah View Post
They are the exact same fog lamps that are now being offered in the Innova Crysta Touring Sport & the Fortuner, so there is absolutely no chance of voiding the factory warranty.

These Koito LED fog lamps are 100% plug ní play & you can order them and get them fitted at your nearest T.A.S.S.

If at all they ask for the part number, it is as follows:

RHS - A-81210-48051

LHS - A-81220-48051

Perfect! Thanks for the part numbers too, will definitely get this done soon.
CrippledLucifer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2017, 02:20   #1142
BHPian
 
H_Dogg72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 447
Thanked: 443 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AShubrah View Post
1) I . That is one of the main reasons why I like the AT over my MT.
I would however point out, that the engine isnít as tractable as our XUV 5OO. One canít just stay in any gear and continue to drive without downshifting on the Innova Crysta.
Haha this reminds me of my current Innova ( the old one) that car is much easier to drive without giving a damn and starts off from 3rd gear from a standstill as well.
After having two dsg cars, manual is just dead for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Older 2.4 Touring sport came with 5 Speed but new iterations(Post Sep 2017 manufactured) should come with 6 speed. The touring sport cost about 30-40K cheaper than 2.4 ZX. If top notch safety is your priority , look no further go and get a ZX. 6 Speed should offer you better cruisability and quieter cabin at higher speeds.
This makes me sad. 30-40k difference and people skip on 4 airbags and ESP. Plain disgusting how Toyota has the variants lined up. Could've had the TS be 50K > ZX and make it same trim level. But oh well.

Also I'd like to ask you guys, why did you pick the MT Innova over the AT, to me, I can think of no reason to make such a decision. This is more so directed to the zx owners as it's not too much of a price difference especially when one is spending that much money. Is it fear or reliability or more maintenance?
H_Dogg72 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2017, 02:35   #1143
BHPian
 
AShubrah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: DEL-IXW-PAT
Posts: 202
Thanked: 273 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Dogg72 View Post
Also I'd like to ask you guys, why did you pick the MT Innova over the AT, to me, I can think of no reason to make such a decision. This is more so directed to the zx owners as it's not too much of a price difference especially when one is spending that much money. Is it fear or reliability or more maintenance?
Well, our 2.4 ZX is only chauffeur driven, so there was no point in spending the extra money to get the AT.
Plus, any of our drivers had never driven an AT before, and the family wasn’t comfortable in letting them learn how to do so in a brand new car & thus, decided against the same.

Last edited by AShubrah : 17th December 2017 at 02:45.
AShubrah is offline  
Old 17th December 2017, 02:39   #1144
BHPian
 
H_Dogg72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 447
Thanked: 443 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AShubrah View Post
Well, our 2.4 ZX is only chauffeur driven, so there was no point in spending the extra money to get the AT.
Plus, our driver had never driven an AT before, so the family wasnít ready to let him learn how to do so in a brand new car & thus decided against the same.
I get your point if you have a good driver.
I had a crappy one who used to lug the car and just overall nasty. AT helps you chill in the back better than mt even if it's driver driven (who's not that good at the job or even otherwise)
H_Dogg72 is offline  
Old 17th December 2017, 02:45   #1145
BHPian
 
AShubrah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: DEL-IXW-PAT
Posts: 202
Thanked: 273 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Dogg72 View Post
I get your point if you have a good driver.
I had a crappy one who used to lug the car and just overall nasty. AT helps you chill in the back better than mt even if it's driver driven (who's not that good at the job or even otherwise)
Yeah, I get exactly what you’re saying.
Our drivers are instructed to downshift as soon as needed & not ride the clutch or lug the engine, as the latter just makes a REALLY boomy & uncomfortable sound in the Innova Crysta.
That’s why they prefer driving the XUV, as it doesn’t require gear changes that frequently.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 17th December 2017 at 23:25.
AShubrah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2017, 04:47   #1146
Senior - BHPian
 
amalji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 1,429
Thanked: 1,892 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Dogg72 View Post
Also I'd like to ask you guys, why did you pick the MT Innova over the AT, to me, I can think of no reason to make such a decision. This is more so directed to the zx owners as it's not too much of a price difference especially when one is spending that much money. Is it fear or reliability or more maintenance?
The conventional torque converter AT should logically be even more reliable than the already bullet proof MT gearbox. And there's no clutch to replace as well.

In addition, the torque handling capacity of the AT gear box used on the Crysta is much above what it's handling now ( 360 Nm ).
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2017, 08:51   #1147
BHPian
 
geotracks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 378
Thanked: 208 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto View Post
Update on ceramic coating. Ceramic pro holds good after couple of months. Car looks brand new after 300 kms drive with no cleaning, dust doesnt stick any more.
In the picture posted, your vehicle appears to be a Touring Sport? Is it? If so, what about the black cladding over the wheel arches? Does it have the start-stop feature? Looks very nice and the ceramic coating job appears to have stayed on well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto View Post
I dont think Touring sport is 80k more than V variant. Its 2.2 lks more in manual.
Thanks.

All: I should have been more specific. My initial question was, is the Touring Sport Z AT variant worth the additional cost over the regular Innova Crysta Z AT variant; with the additional start-stop feature; different colour interiors, red dials etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
For 2.4 its totally worth it given that touring sport comes with 6 speed manual instead of 5 which is found in regular Cysta. For 2.8 I don't think its worth it.
Thanks. Good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AShubrah View Post
Thereís a reason why the Touring Sport can hardly be spotted on the road, and thatís why Iíd advise you against it.
Thanks. Maybe one of the reasons there are not very many Touring Sport Innovas seen on the road is because they are limited editions. This is true for limited editions of other car brand manufacturers too, where intentionally not many limited edition vehicles are manufactured. Hence we see much less of limited editions vehicles been driven on the road.

All: Another question I am pondering with is, Toyota is not giving any special year end discounts currently on the Innova. Usually, many dealers would give an attractive year end discount on vehicles in their stockyards to make room for the newer vehicles. But Toyota is confident that their 2017 Innovas can sell without additional year end discounts, so no reduction in prices.

They are also telling me that next month onwards, prices will increase by around INR 60K to INR 80K (3%). Is it worth going in for the 2017 model now or pay that extra 3% and get a 2018 model.
geotracks is offline  
Old 17th December 2017, 09:36   #1148
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 388
Thanked: 326 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Folks, has anyone attempted to replace the captain seats with the bench seat in the middle row? Are they bolt on or any holes have to be drilled? Captain seats are super comfortable, but the times that I need to carry more passengers are becoming more frequent. The third row is good enough to carry only two adults and a kid. So much for calling it an 8 seater. It literally is not. I had to go with the 7 seater variant as mine a CLV and RTO doesn't permit an 8 seater to be registered on Company's name unless it's a yellow board.

I inquired with the Toyota Dealer and the new bench seat would cost a lot (~1 L INR) and the additional charges to fix the bench seat.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 17th December 2017 at 23:25. Reason: spell
samabhi is offline  
Old 17th December 2017, 11:25   #1149
Senior - BHPian
 
sridhu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,133
Thanked: 2,239 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
Folks, has anyone attempted to replace the captain seats with the bench seat in the middle row?... .
Please research what you are doing carefully.
1. It is too expensive
2. You will get in trouble with the police - your Rc book says 7 seater
3. For the same reason, insurance can refuse claims, for "illegal" modifications

I would avoid doing what you are planning.
sridhu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th December 2017, 12:55   #1150
BHPian
 
H_Dogg72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 447
Thanked: 443 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
Folks, has anyone attempted to replace the captain seats with the bench seat in the middle row? Are they bolt on or any holes have to be drilled? Captain seats are super comfortable, but the times that I need to carry more passengers are becoming more frequent. The third row is good enough to carry only two adults and a kid. So much for calling it an 8 seater. It literally is not. I had to go with the 7 seater variant as mine a CLV and RTO doesn't permit an 8 seater to be registered on Company's name unless it's a yellow board.

I enquired with the Toyota Dealer and the new bench seat would cost a lot (~1 L INR) and the additional charges to fix the bench seat.
1. If it's Z forget about it. You'll lose the airbags.
2. Insurance won't pay a dime
Very bad decision to think about doing this. People do put stools and stuff like that to fit more people. Consequences already highlighted.
H_Dogg72 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th December 2017, 16:48   #1151
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 16
Thanked: 30 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Dogg72 View Post
Also I'd like to ask you guys, why did you pick the MT Innova over the AT, to me, I can think of no reason to make such a decision. This is more so directed to the zx owners as it's not too much of a price difference especially when one is spending that much money. Is it fear or reliability or more maintenance?
I just happen to enjoy the stick over auto. It's purely a heart over head decision, I find the whole process of driving very uninvolving while driving the auto. In fact, looking at pros of auto box in Innova made me recheck my decision parameters, the tanned upholstery, availabiity of my preferred colour and bigger engine were droolworthy. No regrets though.
ubermensch is offline  
Old 17th December 2017, 18:22   #1152
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 388
Thanked: 326 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Please research what you are doing carefully.
1. It is too expensive
2. You will get in trouble with the police - your Rc book says 7 seater
3. For the same reason, insurance can refuse claims, for "illegal" modifications

I would avoid doing what you are planning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Dogg72 View Post
1. If it's Z forget about it. You'll lose the airbags.
2. Insurance won't pay a dime
Very bad decision to think about doing this. People do put stools and stuff like that to fit more people. Consequences already highlighted.
Mine is GX AT.

I am looking at the possibility of doing this change only in the long run (once the lease gets over) and not immediately. I intend to get the RC, Insurance changed when I anyway have to change the ownership to my name.

My only concern is whether the floor has to be drilled or not. Cost is another major factor too. I make sure that my kids put on the seat belt, when they sit in the car, so I won't compromise on the safety aspect. The only thing I would miss is the 3 point seat belt for the middle passenger, instead of the lap belt.
samabhi is offline  
Old 17th December 2017, 18:25   #1153
BHPian
 
AShubrah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: DEL-IXW-PAT
Posts: 202
Thanked: 273 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
Maybe one of the reasons there are not very many Touring Sport Innovas seen on the road is because they are limited editions. This is true for limited editions of other car brand manufacturers too, where intentionally not many limited edition vehicles are manufactured. Hence we see much less of limited editions vehicles been driven on the road.
Firstly, it’s been on sale for well over 7 months now, so I wouldn’t exactly call it a limited edition.
Secondly, the primary consumer in the market to buy an Innova Crysta, in 99% of the cases, won’t pay extra for the cosmetic additions that the Touring Sport comes with, as their requirements are entirely different. People buy this car for its reliability & comfort, and not the gaudy looking body kit, dallops of chrome & matte black alloys that the “limited edition” comes with.
It might appeal to a person who has to daily drive the car himself, but the majority of the people who buy the Innova Crysta are chauffeured around, and from what I’ve seen, they really don’t care about cosmetic differences.
Heck, they can’t even differentiate between a GX & ZX, so buying a Touring Sport just seems crazy to them.
That’s the reason why Toyota hasn’t sold a single Touring Sport in Jharkhand yet, whereas there’s a 8-10 week waiting period for the regular version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Please research what you are doing carefully.
1. It is too expensive
2. You will get in trouble with the police - your Rc book says 7 seater
3. For the same reason, insurance can refuse claims, for "illegal" modifications

I would avoid doing what you are planning.
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Dogg72 View Post
1. If it's Z forget about it. You'll lose the airbags.
2. Insurance won't pay a dime
Very bad decision to think about doing this. People do put stools and stuff like that to fit more people. Consequences already highlighted.
+1

Last edited by AShubrah : 17th December 2017 at 18:30.
AShubrah is offline  
Old 17th December 2017, 19:12   #1154
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 16
Thanked: 30 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
.

Cost is another major factor too.
I remember, seeing a few months ago, a vendor who claimed to make a custom detachable plastic-foam insert for 25k. This was in Karol Bagh, Delhi.
ubermensch is offline  
Old 17th December 2017, 20:08   #1155
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 128
Thanked: 82 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

An interesting observation. My crysta zx Low beam LED lamps show a glow of blue + yellow around the edges of illumination . I feel that the Light coming out from the LED dome, hits the headlight glass and causes some prismatic effect.
Lately I feel this effect has increased. The blue and yellow tinge around the edges has become very distinct..
Do you think I should get it checked with ASS or this is normal?

Last edited by tsk1979 : 17th December 2017 at 23:26. Reason: linebreak fix
smekad is offline   (1) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks