Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2017, 10:32   #1171
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
How accurate is the news about 3% increase in Toyota Innova Crysta prices starting January 2018? Is it, 'likely' or 'confirmed'?

Confused, requesting thoughts. Does it make sense to go in for a 2017 model this month or pay the additional difference next month and get a 2018 model? Debating & confused since, there are no new features added or additional colors being introduced for the 2018 models, right?

Pros & cons welcome. Thanks.
Atleast the official press release says so
https://www.toyotabharat.com/news/20...uary-2018.html

Going by history , there will be some increase for sure .With The December discount & increase in price even 2%, the difference in On road price could be easily 1l for a Z variant. I have not heard any rumor about extra features (Android Auto/Apple car play should be in the cards for short term update) . Considering that I have booked booked one in December. Delivery expected towards end of the month.
Old 19th December 2017, 16:31   #1172
Senior - BHPian

Agree even i have been informed by everyone not just the SA but also the showroom manger who is a close friend of a friend. Everyone wants a car in the new year. But a simple math regarding the total discount offered along with the new on road price in the new year made me take a decision to buy my car this year itself. The total money saved by buying in December easily offsets or atlest nullifies the loss due to an year older car is what I have considered while buying my car. The decision was easier as I plan to keep my car for over 7 years for sure.
Old 19th December 2017, 16:39   #1173
BHPian

Has anybody driven the Crysta 2.7 (petrol) manual transmission?

Any feedback on the same?
Old 19th December 2017, 18:53   #1174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Not that it matters to me any more as I just booked an AT, but any news on when these 6 speed MT boxes will trickle down to regular variants?
Apart from the being fuel efficient with additional gear, what are the other aspects of having 6 speed MT on regular variants? Would it be more relaxing to drive?
Old 19th December 2017, 19:13   #1175
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Apart from the being fuel efficient with additional gear, what are the other aspects of having 6 speed MT on regular variants? Would it be more relaxing to drive?
Silent at high speed vs 5 gears.
Old 19th December 2017, 19:55   #1176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Yes I guess the engine will be running at a lower rpm at high speeds so noise and vibration will be lesser and running at lower rpms may result in lower wear and tear of the engine and its associated components and a relaxed engine may also help in fuel efficiency.
Old 19th December 2017, 22:06   #1177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But a simple math regarding the total discount offered along with the new on road price in the new year made me take a decision to buy my car this year itself. The total money saved by buying in December easily offsets or atlest nullifies the loss due to an year older car is what I have considered while buying my car. The decision was easier as I plan to keep my car for over 7 years for sure.
I'm also in the same boat. Aggressively considering a December purchase.
Old 20th December 2017, 06:06   #1178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
3% increase in price is confirmed and you should just go and grab one with discounts right away. You can get the car now and register in 2018.
Thank-you! Great suggestion of registering in 2018. Just curious what are the advantages of doing so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansumaan View Post
Going by history , there will be some increase for sure .With The December discount & increase in price even 2%, the difference in On road price could be easily 1l for a Z variant. I have not heard any rumor about extra features (Android Auto/Apple car play should be in the cards for short term update) . Considering that I have booked booked one in December. Delivery expected towards end of the month.
Congratulations to you! Also, thanks for the related updates.

Quote:
Agree even i have been informed by everyone not just the SA but also the showroom manger who is a close friend of a friend. Everyone wants a car in the new year. But a simple math regarding the total discount offered along with the new on road price in the new year made me take a decision to buy my car this year itself. The total money saved by buying in December easily offsets or atlest nullifies the loss due to an year older car is what I have considered while buying my car. The decision was easier as I plan to keep my car for over 7 years for sure.
Thanks for the suggestions and inputs.

Based on all the suggestions, information & guidance I received from this very helpful forum; I have gone ahead and booked a Toyota Touring Sport AT, Pearl White. I saw the vehicle yesterday. Fresh from the factory. The manufacturing date is December 2017 and has 14 kms on the odometer. Got a decent discount on Insurance & Accessories - considering Toyota does not normally give much discounts on the Innova. Delivery is later this week.

Among some accessories I will be installing, the dealer has suggested Teflon coating. I will be opting for this.

Meanwhile, can someone please point me to the PDA link. This will really help.
geotracks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th December 2017, 07:47   #1179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Based on all the suggestions, information & guidance I received from this very helpful forum; I have gone ahead and booked a Toyota Touring Sport AT, Pearl White.
I too booked the Touring sport AT Pearl White. Now, need to arrange the money and finance.

Got a total discount of 55,000 INR from Ravindu Toyota, Bangalore.
amalji is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th December 2017, 08:44   #1180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
I too booked the Touring sport AT Pearl White. Now, need to arrange the money and finance.

Got a total discount of 55,000 INR from Ravindu Toyota, Bangalore.
Congratulations to you!

I was told by one of the managers' in the showroom that the Touring Sport variant is in limited supply to each dealership. What accessories are you planning to install? Do post a few pictures.
geotracks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2017, 09:13   #1181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was told by one of the managers' in the showroom that the Touring Sport variant is in limited supply to each dealership.
Yes, the touring sport is in limited supply. Initially, when I enquired, they didn't have stock. So, I booked the Z. But, on seeing a dirty interiors of a 1 year old Z ( due to its lighter tone, hence tougher to maintain the color ), we started pushing again for the touring sport. They told us that they will get one by today ( 20th December ) from the factory. So, we just went ahead and booked it.

Quote:
What accessories are you planning to install? Do post a few pictures.
Tough question. Still exploring it. Initially, I thought of the speaker upgrade as a must have after reading the reviews on team-bhp. But, when I referred to the "pathetic sound quality" remarks on team-bhp, he asked me to connect my songs and try listening. I was more than happy with it. It was pleasant to hear and felt above par with good quality mp3.

Some of the accessories I have in mind are
  • Toyota Security System ( from Toyota )
  • Scuff Plates ( from Toyota )
  • A very transparent sun control film - Preferably V-Kool 70+ with 75% VLT and 54% TSER ( from V-Kool showroom )
  • 3m rubberized underbody coating with 5 years warranty ( from 3m showroom, Koramangala )
  • Side steps ( after research on the pros and cons. I'm still not very convinced about the bulging out of these side steps )
  • 3m leather cleaning accessories ( from 3m dealership )
  • 3m paint protection ( from 3m dealership )
  • 3m nomad floor mat ( from 3m dealership )

What about you ? Do you have anything in your mind ?
And does anyone here have some suggestions on good number plate designs ?

Last edited by amalji : 20th December 2017 at 09:24.
Old 20th December 2017, 09:19   #1182
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Meanwhile, can someone please point me to the PDA link. This will really help.
Were you looking for this? http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html

Congratulations to you, amalji & others getting the Crysta. In Bihar, I see no discounts on Fortuner, Crysta has a bit of discounts for December.
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2017, 11:05   #1183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank-you! Great suggestion of registering in 2018. Just curious what are the advantages of doing so?
This should help resale a bit If you plan to sell in first half of the year. While your car is still 2017 manufactured, lot of buyers look for registration date.
Old 20th December 2017, 12:51   #1184
BHPian

Quote:
I too booked the Touring sport AT Pearl White
Congratulation Amalji . Are you planning to take delivery this year or in 2018 ? I am not really convinced that registering in 2018 will fetch additional benefit while resale. Its Anyway a 2017 mfd Vehicle.

Quote:
Some of the accessories I have in mind are
  • Toyota Security System ( from Toyota )
  • Scuff Plates ( from Toyota )
  • A very transparent sun control film - Preferably V-Kool 70+ with 75% VLT and 54% TSER ( from V-Kool showroom )
  • 3m rubberized underbody coating with 5 years warranty ( from 3m showroom, Koramangala )
  • Side steps ( after research on the pros and cons. I'm still not very convinced about the bulging out of these side steps )
  • 3m leather cleaning accessories ( from 3m dealership )
  • 3m paint protection ( from 3m dealership )
  • 3m nomad floor mat ( from 3m dealership )

What about you ? Do you have anything in your mind ?
And does anyone here have some suggestions on good number plate designs ?
I am planning to go for the below

SECURITY SYSTEM WITH ALARM
ILLUMINATED SCUFF PLATE
AUTO FOLDING MIRROR
AUTO HEAD LAMP

With new crack down on bull bars & number plates , how safe is it to go for a rear bike protector & IND number plate ?
BTW all the accessories in the TKM official list are really overpriced. Any reference to reputed shop in JC road for some cosmetics would be appreciated.
Old 20th December 2017, 12:58   #1185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansumaan View Post
Congratulation Amalji . Are you planning to take delivery this year or in 2018 ? I am not really convinced that registering in 2018 will fetch additional benefit while resale. Its Anyway a 2017 mfd Vehicle.

With new crack down on bull bars & number plates , how safe is it to go for a rear bike protector & IND number plate ?
BTW all the accessories in the TKM official list are really overpriced. Any reference to reputed shop in JC road for some cosmetics would be appreciated.
There are quite lot of dealers/people who weigh registration date over manufactured date. That said you won't get same benefit as 2018 manufactured and registered car.
You can check Car Shringar in JC road, they are reasonably priced. As i recall they have decent quality fog lamps, chrome set, auto folding mirrors.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks