Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2018, 11:35   #1426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
I test drove the innova 2.8Z AT this weekend. While I loved many things about the car, the one that nagged me the most was the fact that I had to push the seat to its farthest edge to get my regular driving position. While it wasnt uncomfortable, I am used to the fact that in my current stead - vento tdi - i get enough play to push the seat further behind from the regular driving position that i use... So I am worried if it has any long term impact. Can 6+ footers share their fair feedback based on their experience please ?
I'm 6'1 and 105 kilos (I'm a powerlifter). I push the seat to its farthest setting while lowering it a bit. Its definitely the way I'm used to, courtesy my good ol optra, but not annoying either
ubermensch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2018, 13:39   #1427
Senior - BHPian

Does G model have engine cover?
Old 11th March 2018, 14:34   #1428
BANNED

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Does G model have engine cover?
No.
If you want one I have one for sale for half the price

Last edited by aah78 : 8th June 2018 at 20:25. Reason: Please do not post commercial stuff on threads. Use the Classifieds section. Thank you!
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2018, 17:28   #1429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
No.
If you want one I have one for sale for half the price
Will it fit 2.4? And does it help in reducing engine noise and hence better NVH ? Lastly I believe the one you have is Toyota genuine accessory and hope it doesnot void warranty.

Last edited by aah78 : 8th June 2018 at 20:25. Reason: Please do not post commercial stuff on threads. Use the Classifieds section. Thank you!
Old 12th March 2018, 17:49   #1430
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Will it fit 2.4? And does it help in reducing engine noise and hence better NVH ? Lastly I believe the one you have is Toyota genuine accessory and hope it doesnot void warranty.
Yes it will fit 2.4, cover for both are same. There is thick padding underneath and it reduces the sound, i noticed it myself. Yes this is the genuine toyota part which comes on the Z.

Sankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2018, 18:58   #1431
BHPian

It's somewhat annoying there's no engine cover for the petrol variant of the Crysta. I'm not as concerned about the NVH as I am about the effect of dust accumulating on the engine. Surely that will cause heat issues to the engine down the road? Is there any way to source an engine cover for the petrol variant?

@Sankar: Sir, could you kindly let me know which LED festoons are required for the interior lights? I will be visiting India soon and would like to pick up the correct bulbs. Also, do you happen to know which bulb is used for the ORVM mounted puddle lights on the Crysta? I was thinking of replacing those with LEDs also. Thank you in advance!
Old 12th March 2018, 19:40   #1432
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrippledLucifer View Post
It's somewhat annoying there's no engine cover for the petrol variant of the Crysta. I'm not as concerned about the NVH as I am about the effect of dust accumulating on the engine. Surely that will cause heat issues to the engine down the road? Is there any way to source an engine cover for the petrol variant?
2.7L is the same as 2.7L in Tacoma. If that has an engine cover you physically check the cover and its fittings and compare with Crysta to see if a retrofit is possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrippledLucifer View Post
@Sankar: Sir, could you kindly let me know which LED festoons are required for the interior lights? I will be visiting India soon and would like to pick up the correct bulbs. Also, do you happen to know which bulb is used for the ORVM mounted puddle lights on the Crysta? I was thinking of replacing those with LEDs also. Thank you in advance!
Is your version G or V/Z? Interior light config is different between them. Anyways for the G it is: Front T10x2. Center 30mm Festoon. Rear boot T10x1.

I am not sure about the puddle light, but most probably it is a T10. So if puddle is not T10 you can use it for number plate illumination.

Last edited by Sankar : 12th March 2018 at 19:43.
Old 12th March 2018, 19:52   #1433
BHPian

Quote:
2.7L is the same as 2.7L in Tacoma. If that has an engine cover you physically check the cover and its fittings and compare with Crysta to see if a retrofit is possible.
Shall check at local Toyota dealer, however I don't think an entire engine cover will fit in my suitcase. It might not be cost effective to ship it over especially if there will be an import tax.

Quote:
Is your version G or V/Z? Interior light config is different between them. Anyways for the G it is: Front T10x2. Center 30mm Festoon. Rear boot T10x1.

I am not sure about the puddle light, but most probably it is a T10. So if puddle is not T10 you can use it for number plate illumination.
We have a 2.7Z. There are two additional lamps above grab handles near the captain's seats which I am assuming also use T10 bulbs.

That's a great idea, it didn't occur to me that the license plate lights could also be swapped for LEDs.
Old 12th March 2018, 20:54   #1434
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It appears, 4 cylinder Tacoma does not have either

Sankar - Can you check what's that extra Air filter resonator in the overseas version that's missing here?

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-2.jpeg

Tacoma Engine

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-1.jpeg

Petrol Engine on Crysta

Last edited by Turbanator : 12th March 2018 at 20:57.
Old 12th March 2018, 23:52   #1435

After reading many posts on Crysta, finally decided to go for it. Would like to get suggestions on the side step. The one showroom provides is being quoted 18k and does not look very great. Looks like a plastic moulded unit. Is there anyone one who has tried other options, could you share the price as well.
Old 13th March 2018, 11:36   #1436
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibzu View Post
After reading many posts on Crysta, finally decided to go for it. Would like to get suggestions on the side step. The one showroom provides is being quoted 18k and does not look very great. Looks like a plastic moulded unit. Is there anyone one who has tried other options, could you share the price as well.
If you are going for Z variant, you should preferably buy from dealer. Buying steps from outside may void warranty as side/curtain airbags might not function properly. There are quite a few designs available outside, GoldSun brand looked decent and sturdy.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2018, 11:51   #1437
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
It appears, 4 cylinder Tacoma does not have either

Sankar - Can you check what's that extra Air filter resonator in the overseas version that's missing here?

Attachment 1740757
Tacoma Engine

Attachment 1740758
Petrol Engine on Crysta
Its either a resonator or a charcoal trap (to catch fumes from cylinders escaping into the air when engine is off) to keep the EPA happy. But since there is a tube going into it I think its the fume trap.
Old 13th March 2018, 12:17   #1438
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Its either a resonator or a charcoal trap (to catch fumes from cylinders escaping into the air when engine is off) to keep the EPA happy. But since there is a tube going into it I think its the fume trap.

Thanks, perhaps @ CrippledLucifer- if you are still in Canada, do check with Toyota Dealership and also try to see if they have something for Tacoma.
Old 14th March 2018, 10:32   #1439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibzu View Post
I got the side steps for 9,000/- (incl fitting) in GP Road, Chennai. It was the same brand the Toyota dealership was selling at an exorbitant price. You can check the website for the models - http://www.ctrack.in/ViewProduct.aspx?Id=22&Mode=Front. It is quite sturdy.
obed5579 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2018, 00:28   #1440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Thanks, perhaps @ CrippledLucifer- if you are still in Canada, do check with Toyota Dealership and also try to see if they have something for Tacoma.

I will be doing this in the coming weeks as soon as I have some spare time from work. I am still in Canada for the time being and luckily, there's a Toyota dealership less than 10 minutes from my home. Hopefully there's something available although I'm still not sure how I'll manage the logistics in bringing it over to India.

Most Viewed