Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2024, 18:54   #3721
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

The car continues to surprise and delight me. After 2 year service the car has become smoother and nicer to drive. It returned a eye popping 18.3Kmpl over a 500Km.drive Bangalore to my native. This can rival hybrid cars if driven with soft legs.
poloman is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 20:39   #3722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
The car continues to surprise and delight me. After 2 year service the car has become smoother and nicer to drive. It returned a eye popping 18.3Kmpl over a 500Km.drive Bangalore to my native. This can rival hybrid cars if driven with soft legs.
Can you check if the oil used was 5w-30 or 0w-20. Thanks.
Old 25th March 2024, 20:50   #3723
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolidus500 View Post
Can you check if the oil used was 5w-30 or 0w-20. Thanks.
Invoice is showing 5w-30.
poloman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2024, 12:56   #3724
BHPian

In prep for Bangalore Summers (that would have been an oxymoron) a decade ago, can anyone recommend a well fitted window sun screen for the Innova?

Sun screen = the ones you can snap off when not needed, and either use suction or something similar to hold onto the glass.

The road side 100₹ ones I got don't cover the entire window.

We do not have any sun film installed and the bare large windows need some sun protection.

I'm hitting dead links from the older posts on the same Q.
Old 31st March 2024, 19:39   #3725
BHPian

I'm planning to change stock tyres after another 5k km to reach 40k km. I'm happy with the stock tyres Apollo Apterra R16 205/65. Tyre tread is good and can actually run for another 10k km but for safety, i am inclined towards replacement at 40k km. Can you help with below questions? Thanks.
  1. Can i go ahead with same brand and tyre profile?
  2. Can i change it at ASC or Tyre dealer or purchase it online?
  3. Is there any rebate given for the old tyres?
Old 2nd April 2024, 00:01   #3726
Senior - BHPian

Now I am facing some peculiar issues. Its a 2022 October Crysta Diesel Auto

At the 20 thousand service, Alignment balancing was requested as per schedule.

Everything before that was perfect, the car was sure footed, at any speeds it would feel like its on rails, but no more.

After the service, the steering has become excessively loose, even a slight twitch and it changes direction, at higher speeds it become so loose, it feels like there is no connect to the ground.

What could it be? Excessive Toe Out? I am going to saifee tyres in santacruze tomorrow, are they good at alignment and balancing?
Old 2nd April 2024, 05:09   #3727
Senior - BHPian

You might want to check tyre pressure also Humyum. From what you've written, it sounds like a lot of excess air pumped in.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 09:06   #3728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
At the 20 thousand service, Alignment balancing was requested as per schedule
I don't think they did it. You might want to check the invoice once. Clearly an issue of alignment and balancing. For some reason Toyota showrooms do not get that right. Please take it to a dedicated tyres shop and they will solve it.

Also since you are at 20k, Toyota folks will tell you that your alloy wheels are bent. For that issue also take it to a dedicated tyres shop and get it confirmed before you take any action.
krishnakarthik1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th April 2024, 10:23   #3729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innysta View Post
I'm planning to change stock tyres after another 5k km to reach 40k km. Below are the two new points need the forum inputs since @audioholic responded (Using CarAbc to run Apple CarPlay & Android Auto on stock head-unit of Toyota Innova Crysta) for my earlier points.
  1. Changing it to All Terrain tyres - will it bring better comfort (or) only meant for all terrain maneuver?
  2. What is the cost difference of All Terrain tyres to normal tyre?
Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post
For some reason Toyota showrooms do not get that right. Please take it to a dedicated tyres shop and they will solve it.

Also since you are at 20k, Toyota folks will tell you that your alloy wheels are bent. For that issue also take it to a dedicated tyres shop and get it confirmed before you take any action.
+1 to both the points. I have left pulling issue that the ASCs couldn't solve it through their WB/WA, something wrong with their instrument or steps. They also told about "rim bent" during 30k service, will check with local reputed shop as suggested.
Innysta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2024, 11:59   #3730
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
You might want to check tyre pressure also Humyum. From what you've written, it sounds like a lot of excess air pumped in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post
I don't think they did it. You might want to check the invoice once. Clearly an issue of alignment and balancing. For some reason Toyota showrooms do not get that right. Please take it to a dedicated tyres shop and they will solve it.

The alignment was out, waayyy out and hence the Crysta was behaving like it was behaving. I can't believe the service station can mess this up so badly. Camber was out, toe was out on both wheels, there was so much toe out that the vehicle was behaving like a race car on turns (We had been on a highway trip) and on straights it had no stability. Everything was set back as per specs. Balancing was done and I did a short high speedspin near bandra reclamation and it seems things are back on track. Balancing was done too and one allow seems to have a residual weight of 10 grams and was weight hunting, we put it on the rear left.

Before the service, none the wheels had such high imbalance, now one does. I am wondering, do service stations swap alloys by any chance during service with other vehicles and suddenly tell us that something is wrong? Is that even a possibility?

We have a highway trip planned tomorrow, will report after the 200 km drive how everything feels.

Last edited by humyum : 4th April 2024 at 12:03.
humyum is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2024, 11:28   #3731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandbangalore View Post
In prep for Bangalore Summers (that would have been an oxymoron) a decade ago, can anyone recommend a well fitted window sun screen for the Innova?
I have these on my Crysta and pretty happy. Visibility from inside is very good. I paid 10500 for the set which has 7 pieces including one for the hatch.

You don't have to stick anything to the window frame of the car.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20240403_110052.jpg

Outside view
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20240405_102019.jpg

Inside view
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20240403_105357.jpg
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20240403_105346.jpg

Last edited by nischaltopno : 6th April 2024 at 11:30. Reason: Grammatical mistake
nischaltopno is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed