Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2016, 21:00   #361
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Thank you bhpians. I am pretty glued to this thread from last month.

We took delivery of GX AT variant from Nippon Toyota Kottayam on last Friday. The whole process of booking to delivery took almost 3 weeks. Colour chosen is Silver.

Dealer is selling Head unit from a brand called Modiber and I reluctantly opted for it. It costed around 33000/-. It has an option to fit front camera which costs around 4000/-. The front camera operates for around 20s maximum and is useful while parking ( read - spotting flower pots ). It doesn't come with guidelines for front camera though. The rear camera is fitted on bumper. Navigation is from MapMyIndia.

The car is manufactured in July 2016 and has done only 7KMs on odo when it was delivered. I have opted for toyota mats and bike protector as other accessories. Planning to get leather seats covers and wood finish on dash. I must say the toyota oe mats doesn't do any good job in keeping dirt off.

I drove for around 200Kms and it was tricky to adjusted to it. This was the first time I am driving automatic and the engine kept on revving intermittently near shifts ( ? ). Average fuel consumptions shows 9.9KM/L on MID. This is inspite of eco indicator showing on most of the time. I don't expect must improvement in mileage on roads in Kerala. I have driven on normal mode most of the time. It is hard to overtake on eco mode on single lane roads.

I bought insurance from a good friend and it costed around 30,000/- after transferring 50% NCB from previous car. It includes nil depreciation and invoice cover.
vinayasurya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2016, 21:58   #362
BHPian

Hi, I am in the market looking for a car and currently finalized Creta-AT & Crysta-AT. Both the cars are expensive and do not have a higher end auto. Both the cars are missing on features that are really important and I am thinking of postponing my purchase to next year! I did the same back in April thinking in October there will be more options across range.

Few critical features I consider as big miss in 2.8 GX-Auto are
- No driver seat height adjust
- No auto door lock
- No rear disc brake

Besides other issues of low speed steering effort,Rear seat buckle intruding into seat base, no bench seat in middle row etc are a put off!

While ICE/fog lamp/rear camera etc. can be added - they are not going to be factory finish and cost close to 1 lakh or more!

It is really that there is no sense prevailing in product management of Indian automotive OEM's!
Old 31st August 2016, 22:22   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gany View Post

Few critical features I consider as big miss in 2.8 GX-Auto are
- No driver seat height adjust
- No auto door lock
- No rear disc brake
Driver seat height adjust is a deal breaker if you are on shorter side. I am 5 feet 4 and I had a hard time finding a comfortable driving possible. I made the mistake of test-driving the top end variant which had seat height adjust. I tried using a small cushion which raised some mm and it was comfortable. I am hoping the seat cover may raise the seat base slightly.

As per dealer, auto lock can be enabled if you install the oe security system accessory.

Brakes are fine and confidence inspiring on double digit speeds.

If you are going to spend on GX Auto, I would suggest you keep some reserve amount for accessories. Dealers are making quite a lot of money on selling GX dealer edition versions.
Old 1st September 2016, 22:46   #364
cnu
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
I experienced a strange issue with my Crysta on two different occasions. When sudden braking at moderate high speeds ( ~ 80KMPH), I heard a strange sound from the driver side brakes. It was as if there are no brake pads present and the metal holding the pads is directly rubbing against the disc. It does slow down the vehicle as expected, but this strange sound got me worried. This is only when I do sudden/panic braking, but otherwise they function normally. Plan to get it checked during the first service. Anyone else has faced this?
Thats the ABS in action and not an issue.
cnu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2016, 23:04   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
I experienced a strange issue with my Crysta on two different occasions. When sudden braking at moderate high speeds ( ~ 80KMPH), I heard a strange sound from the driver side brakes. It was as if there are no brake pads present and the metal holding the pads is directly rubbing against the disc. It does slow down the vehicle as expected, but this strange sound got me worried. This is only when I do sudden/panic braking, but otherwise they function normally. Plan to get it checked during the first service. Anyone else has faced this?
Yes occurred once in my Crysta AT and once during the test drive before purchase in the test drive Crysta AT. Both times during sudden braking and only during early days before i got the feel of the brakes.
Sankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2016, 10:35   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnu View Post
Thats the ABS in action and not an issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Yes occurred once in my Crysta AT and once during the test drive before purchase in the test drive Crysta AT. Both times during sudden braking and only during early days before i got the feel of the brakes.
Thanks. Will watch out again. While I was not too worried, the strange and loud sound got me concerned for a bit.
Old 2nd September 2016, 11:18   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Both the cars are expensive and do not have a higher end auto.
Did you look at Crysta Z-AT? It is higher end auto.
Old 2nd September 2016, 14:25   #368
BHPian

I have raised a complaint about the poor quality of the OEM speakers via the Totoya website. Toyota seems a bit slow paced on this. I had raised the complaint about a month back. I received a call - most likely from the call center couple of days later and I was at pains to explain that it was not a problem with just my car, but it is an overall quality issue. I get a call from my dealer this week asking about the problem. Once again I repeat the story about how bad the speaker quality is and kept repeating that this is not something the dealer has to fix, but this is to be done by Toyota - maybe a recall. But then comes the standard reply - sir, please speak to our SA next time you come for service
Old 2nd September 2016, 15:42   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutts View Post
I have raised a complaint about the poor quality of the OEM speakers via the Totoya website. Toyota seems a bit slow paced on this. I had raised the complaint about a month back. I received a call - most likely from the call center couple of days later and I was at pains to explain that it was not a problem with just my car, but it is an overall quality issue. I get a call from my dealer this week asking about the problem. Once again I repeat the story about how bad the speaker quality is and kept repeating that this is not something the dealer has to fix, but this is to be done by Toyota - maybe a recall. But then comes the standard reply - sir, please speak to our SA next time you come for service
Haha. Actually you're trying to initiate a process which just just doesn't exist in company protocols. Have you ever heard about an automobile manufacturer announcing a recall for wrong sounding speakers? I don't think so. IMHO recalls are only done if there is a grave issue which compromises the safety and/or dynamics of the car to the occupants or others on the road or if there is a particular component which is prone to mechanical failure. I'm sure there is a definitive guidline followed for them to identify an issue as a recall criteria.

The way I see it, that's what someone test drives a car for and that's why companys have variants to broaden your choice. Every variant is supposed to be seen as a package offered. Even then if something is not to your taste you just have to change it yourself. Customising is pretty rare except for if you're talking about the likes of Bentley or Ferrari.

That may explain why the folks you called don't know what you're talking about . They follow very specific guidlines and do not have the liberty to change any link in the chain. Everyone from the guy actually doing the hands-on repair/service to the front desk people.

Maybe you have to get to the guys more up north the food chain.
Old 2nd September 2016, 18:21   #370
Senior - BHPian

Crysta OE speakers
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20160902_181440.jpg
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20160902_181431.jpg

The door reflector unit in lower variants. This is actually shaped like a puddle lamp minus the electrical contacts. Its possible to install higher variant's puddle lamp in it's place if someone wants to.
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20160902_181517.jpg
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20160902_181535.jpg
Sankar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2016, 18:35   #371
BHPian

We sold our 2009 Innova V for 7.5 Lakhs and have booked the Innova Crysta Z At Wine Colour.
Delivery time : 1 week. Just concerned about uphill pickup in the hills. Faced a lot of trouble taking the Creta AT to Darjeeling, had to often downshift in manual mode.
pratiksinhal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2016, 19:54   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutts View Post
I thought I was the only one. I did the same thing too. Infact, I went a step ahead and and gave a written letter to the dealer so that he can submit it to the TKML headquarters. I did get call from the Dealership asking that is there something wrong with your audio system, I said it is working fine but there is no quality only quantity. to which he said, Sir, you can fiddle with the options in the HU to make it to your liking. I tried to explain but no luck and in the end I finished off by saying that please pass my letter to the head office as a customer feedback to which they agreed. I never got a call neither from dealership nor from Toyota. My guess that letter never made it to the head quarters of Toyota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratiksinhal View Post
We sold our 2009 Innova V for 7.5 Lakhs and have booked the Innova Crysta Z At Wine Colour.
Delivery time : 1 week. Just concerned about uphill pickup in the hills. Faced a lot of trouble taking the Creta AT to Darjeeling, had to often downshift in manual mode.
I don't know how AT would behave but for the manual Crysta, I could not drive past 2nd or 3rd gear (4th occasionally) on my recent trip to Shimla, Mcleodganj and Dalhousie. Its not that the car can't climb but it was mainly because of traffic and lot of power on the tap, esp. on the power mode.
Congrats on the Garnet Red color, it is an awesome color and one week is not at all bad waiting period at all.

PS: Make sure that you do your PDI diligently. I rejected two cars as I found few disconcerting things in them. All the best!

drive_angry
Old 4th September 2016, 12:28   #373
BHPian

Anyone with 2.8G/AT- what is the fuel mileage you are getting in city?
Old 4th September 2016, 12:54   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Anyone with 2.8G/AT- what is the fuel mileage you are getting in city?
I'd say around 10kmpl. Depending on traffic conditions, 8-11 would be a realistic figure.
Old 4th September 2016, 14:11   #375
BHPian

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by avisidhu View Post
I'd say around 10kmpl. Depending on traffic conditions, 8-11 would be a realistic figure.

For MT:

City: hovers around 11.8-13 (Depending upon the traffic)
Highway: 12 to 13.9 (Depends on which mode I am riding)

Considering that ARAI certified FE is 15.1 for the manual. I think after 10k service, efficiency would improve a bit but I would not expect much. Engine refinement yes but not in efficiency. 😜

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks