Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2016, 09:42   #436
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Even this high pricing is not keeping the taxi market away from Innova Crysta. I have spotted many during the last couple of months,
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20160922_171950optimized.jpg  

arun_josie is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 12:40   #437
Senior - BHPian

Quick question: Is there a 3% increase in price for the Innova starting this Oct?

Sales person is quoting that to my sister who has booked a Bronze Grey 2.4Z car this morning.

There is a Red car available ready but we didn't want to rush into it, if this is a false news/sales pitch.

I am not sure if this is a sales pitch as we have already booked the car and are intent on buying it.

Need some clarity on the situation please.
Old 23rd September 2016, 23:30   #438
BHPian

I am hugely disappointed with toyota's rear bumper protector which is an add on accessory which I had purchased with the car. It costs about ₹10899. This rear guard is very good looking and is made of plastic. Yesterday a tata ace came and hit the rear of the car when I was stuck in a signal. The guard broke in one small impact. I had the aluminium one in my old Innova which lasted a good 7 years after getting so many hits. This one didn't even go for 7 days.
This looks fancy but is not a protector at all. I would recommend anyone going for a rear bumper protector to go for the aluminium one rather than the fancy plastic one. The aluminium one is about half the price at about ₹5500.
pratiksinhal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2016, 08:27   #439
BHPian

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_0262.jpg

Just out of curiosity... what's this sticker on windshield? looks like its for a scanner. Saw a similar sticker on a Ford vehicle too. Is this going to be useful someday later or can I remove it?
Old 24th September 2016, 08:32   #440
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezrskb View Post
Attachment 1558356

Just out of curiosity... what's this sticker on windshield? looks like its for a scanner. Saw a similar sticker on a Ford vehicle too. Is this going to be useful someday later or can I remove it?
This is a RFID sticker for vehicle identification during production. In future the government plans to use these stickers for tracking stolen vehicles at toll plazas. These stickers should not be removed. Also all the new vehicles which are registered get a Tracking RFID sticker from the transport office for this purpose.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2016, 08:51   #441
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Even this high pricing is not keeping the taxi market away from Innova Crysta. I have spotted many during the last couple of months,
I am seeing the yellow board ones quite regularly. A taxi operator near my house has placed order for 4 Innova Crystas. 2.4 V variants. Price certainly is not a deterrent for yellow board.
Old 24th September 2016, 09:04   #442

Has anybody observed that there is too much of dust accumulation on the back door in long journeys? I haven't seen this much in any other vehicle. Entire back glass will be blurred.

Thanks,
Sreedhar (2.8Z)
Old 24th September 2016, 10:41   #443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarasws View Post
Has anybody observed that there is too much of dust accumulation on the back door in long journeys? I haven't seen this much in any other vehicle. Entire back glass will be blurred.

Thanks,
Sreedhar (2.8Z)
This is due to the shape of the vehicle and normal for every vehicle with a vertical rear from hatchbacks to buses. This is the reason why rear washer and wiper is required by law on Hatchbacks, SUVs and Minivans in many countries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratiksinhal View Post
I am hugely disappointed with toyota's rear bumper protector which is an add on accessory which I had purchased with the car. It costs about ₹10899. This rear guard is very good looking and is made of plastic. Yesterday a tata ace came and hit the rear of the car when I was stuck in a signal. The guard broke in one small impact. I had the aluminium one in my old Innova which lasted a good 7 years after getting so many hits. This one didn't even go for 7 days.
This looks fancy but is not a protector at all. I would recommend anyone going for a rear bumper protector to go for the aluminium one rather than the fancy plastic one. The aluminium one is about half the price at about ₹5500.
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-untitled.jpg

Toyota markets it as "rear bike protector"; tata Ace is beyond the level of protection its supposed to offer. But seriously i don't think it would be able to take the impact from a heavier motorcycle without failing. The aluminium aftermarket type will be better.
Old 24th September 2016, 12:10   #444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
I am seeing the yellow board ones quite regularly. A taxi operator near my house has placed order for 4 Innova Crystas. 2.4 V variants. Price certainly is not a deterrent for yellow board.
Makes sense. For a fleet operator the vehicle is an investment, whose value would be recouped many times over during the life of the vehicle, and a significant portion of it can be offset by tax benefits. While some small operators might be find the price to be an entry barrier, for most it is a very good investment given the brand recall among customers and legendary reputation for reliability and longer life of the components.

The higher pricing is mainly a deterrent to private buyers, particularly those who need to stretch their budget to buy it or who cannot justify the cost in terms of high mileage use.
Old 24th September 2016, 12:50   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post

Attachment 1558368

Toyota markets it as "rear bike protector"; tata Ace is beyond the level of protection its supposed to offer. But seriously i don't think it would be able to take the impact from a heavier motorcycle without failing. The aluminium aftermarket type will be better.
Forget about Tata ACE. I was at complete standstill just at the end of a U turn as the vehicle infront of me stalled on the road. A bike came and hit from the rear at very low speed. Its broken completely inside and out.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20160922_114124.jpg

I showed it to the Accessories guy at the Toyota dealer and he said it's a damage due to the hit and cannot be replaced under warranty. Totally disappointed with the quality of this accessory as against how Toyota is marketing it as a tough protector. Remember it's a TGA and I expect some minimum quality to withstand minor impacts. It only looks good when compared to the traditional aluminum ones. 10k price is a total waste for this one. One needs to replace it for every time it takes a hit. The explanation is this is made of ABS material and should break to reduce the impact to the rear bumper. Decided to leave it on for now and replace it with a aluminum òne later.
samabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2016, 14:00   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
This is due to the shape of the vehicle and normal for every vehicle with a vertical rear from hatchbacks to buses. This is the reason why rear washer and wiper is required by law on Hatchbacks, SUVs and Minivans in many countries.

I understand it's a rear bike protector but the whole point of the protector is to protect the rear bumper. The previous Toyota rear bumper protector was made of aluminium and has done service in my previous Innova for good 7 years. This one is just fancy and looks very nice but doesn't actually do the job of protection.

Even insurance wouldn't cover it, so i was better of without the protector and my rear bumper getting damaged which would be taken care of by the insurance.

It's generally difficult to find flaws in Toyota but this is a first for me and probably Toyota will rectify this fault soon. I have been a Toyota user for last 14 years , 7 years with the Qualis and 7 with the previous Innova, this experience has been a first.

Last edited by GTO : 25th September 2016 at 23:11. Reason: Typo
Old 24th September 2016, 14:54   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
The higher pricing is mainly a deterrent to private buyers, particularly those who need to stretch their budget to buy it or who cannot justify the cost in terms of high mileage use.
Could not have said it more aptly.

Even if Innova Z variant price goes up more than current INR 26L + or if the G variant price goes up by INR 2L or 3L, the demand will be the same from sales figures plus the commercial segment will be putting in equal number of requests for new vehicles, cost independent. Cost recovery for the additional value is ultimately passed on to (one way or another) to end customer.

Like I said earlier, no other auto manufacturer in India are getting an 'ideal' Innova competitor MUV rolled out. I mean we have seen ads for Ertiga, Lodgy, Mobilo etc. but it is no rocket science, Innova still stands tall. The only real deal breaker for Toyota Innova is XUV (from price to feature comparison and true 7 seater aspect). The Innova is very similar to the Sienna sold in the US. The Sienna has Honda Odyssey in the US that is a great competitor. If Honda can get a variant of the Odyssey in India that will be true competition to the Innova.

So, Toyota Innova still rules in every aspect and hence the green sales figures. I mean Toyota did not even wink to even try to get a 1.9L engine when the big large diesel engines' controversy on. Mahindra got a XUV of 1.99L engine. Toyota actually went the other way and got a 2.8L diesel (larger) engine in addition to the 2.4 liter that was already there. All this, says that Toyota has their sales strategy for India market figured out well and that is very clear in terms of units per month sale.

I too agree, that currently the Innova is a great all rounder, but the price justification discussion goes on.
geotracks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2016, 15:45   #448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
Forget about Tata ACE. I was at complete standstill just at the end of a U turn as the vehicle infront of me stalled on the road. A bike came and hit from the rear at very low speed. Its broken completely inside and out.

Quote:
Even insistence wouldn't cover it, so i was better of without the protector and my rear bumper getting damaged which would be taken care of by the insurance.
Exactly the reason why I opted not to get this installed though it was recommended by wellwishers that i put it on pronto. The part would not be covered and if included as an accessory i am not sure how much coverage I'd get as its a plastic part which is not original fitment. So in a rear impact i would end up losing the protector worth 10k and also the bumper with only the latter getting coverage.

Last edited by Sankar : 24th September 2016 at 15:47.
Old 24th September 2016, 22:12   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
This is a RFID sticker for vehicle identification during production. In future the government plans to use these stickers for tracking stolen vehicles at toll plazas. These stickers should not be removed. Also all the new vehicles which are registered get a Tracking RFID sticker from the transport office for this purpose.
Thanks for the information! I was under the impression that sticker was something Toyota uses to track production in-house and was about to take it off. But also its negligence on part of the dealership who didn't tell me anything about it at all. Thats a good move technologically I guess. Hope they can scan my car at toll gates in future and may be a toll collection from a prepaid account without having to stop at toll gates and make me lower windows.
Old 25th September 2016, 00:14   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Quick question: Is there a 3% increase in price for the Innova starting this Oct?

Sales person is quoting that to my sister who has booked a Bronze Grey 2.4Z car this morning.

There is a Red car available ready but we didn't want to rush into it, if this is a false news/sales pitch.

I am not sure if this is a sales pitch as we have already booked the car and are intent on buying it.

Need some clarity on the situation please.
Its out in the press Toyota is mulling increase of 2-3%, however the dealers have no confirmation

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks