Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2016, 12:33   #481
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

I am looking for 3D or 5D floor mats for the Crysta AT. If someone is using them please share photos. Have seen some advertised as for Crysta on Amazon but have doubts regarding proper fit.
Old 9th October 2016, 12:42   #482
BHPian

Some pictures putting side by side, my dad's 2006 Innova and BILs 2016 Innova crysta ZX AT
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_20161009_074645_511.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_20161009_072759.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_20161009_072532.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_20161009_072714.jpg  

Last edited by nijelj : 9th October 2016 at 12:45.
nijelj is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th October 2016, 18:48   #483
Senior - BHPian

Bad day! Front windshield cracked by a stone while on the highway today.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20161009_12531401.jpeg

The crack has progressed since i took the photo. Its now much longer.

Last edited by Sankar : 9th October 2016 at 18:50.
Old 9th October 2016, 19:26   #484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Bad day! Front windshield cracked by a stone while on the highway today. The crack has progressed since i took the photo. Its now much longer.
Really sad to see this happening to a brand new car. Certain things are beyond our control and this seems to be one of them. Was it a pebble sized or bigger stone? Hope you have a zero dep policy and windshield replacement should get covered under insurance.
Old 9th October 2016, 20:12   #485
BANNED

Quote:
Can't make out from the picture regarding the depth of the crack, if it is not too much then you can try the one I used on my Swift:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...hip-crack.html

Give it a try. If it doesn't either visit Windshield experts for a way to repair it or go to Toyota for the windshield replacement!

I have 5 chippings on total on my car's windshield in the 94K kms of driving but by God's grace none of the cracks surrounding the chipping's have increased in length.
Old 9th October 2016, 20:15   #486
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Really sad to see this happening to a brand new car. Certain things are beyond our control and this seems to be one of them. Was it a pebble sized or bigger stone? Hope you have a zero dep policy and windshield replacement should get covered under insurance.
It was a pebble sized stone the sound it made while hitting the glass was also not very loud. I am surprised that it broke the glass. Insurance is ZeroDep but i will lose NCB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Can't make out from the picture regarding the depth of the crack, if it is not too much then you can try the one I used on my Swift:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...hip-crack.html

Give it a try. If it doesn't either visit Windshield experts for a way to repair it or go to Toyota for the windshield replacement!

I have 5 chippings on total on my car's windshield in the 94K kms of driving but by God's grace none of the cracks surrounding the chipping's have increased in length.
The crack is growing and im 300km away from home now and by the time i get back it will get longer. So my options are limited now. Looking at how the crack grew in my car i think this glass is not durable at all. Have had similar sounding and even louder stone hits in other cars previously but this is the first time it cracked this big.

Last edited by Sankar : 9th October 2016 at 20:21.
Sankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2016, 21:05   #487
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It was a pebble sized stone the sound it made while hitting the glass was also not very loud. I am surprised that it broke the glass. Insurance is ZeroDep but i will lose NCB.

The crack is growing and im 300km away from home now and by the time i get back it will get longer. So my options are limited now. Looking at how the crack grew in my car i think this glass is not durable at all. Have had similar sounding and even louder stone hits in other cars previously but this is the first time it cracked this big.
Check with Windshield experts, they would be able to do as good a job as the service center and would cost cheaper too. You have the option of getting it done at your door step.
Old 9th October 2016, 21:34   #488
BHPian

Quote:
I am looking for 3D or 5D floor mats for the Crysta AT. If someone is using them please share photos. Have seen some advertised as for Crysta on Amazon but have doubts regarding proper fit.

Sad to hear about your windshield. Is it partial thickness? I had similar one on my Skoda Laura. Within 6 months of buying the car. But it was due to heavy wiper hitting the glass while washing the car and was of partial thickness. Even though it increased in length and it was rainy season, water never seeped in. But got it replaced ultimately.
Now Regarding the floor mats you were asking about. I got Automaze 4D black set specifically meant for Innova Crysta AT from Amazon for around 2.2K. Fit is okay but not great. Also please note that each mat has only small strips of Velcro at edges unlike Kagu mats which have Velcro all over the undersurface which I'm using on my Skoda Laura but couldn't find for Innova Crysta. Four mats are provided in a set and boot is not covered. No locking system for driver side mat. Has some water repellent coating and cleaning is easy. On negative side the anti slip patch and reinforced patch under the pedals is too short and I used to feel my heel slipping under accelerator pedal. So I'm using the one provided by dealer only on driving side. Options for Innova Crysta are limited online. Kagu brand available but doesn't mention Innova Crysta specifically. Hence opted for Automaze. Will try loading some pics from laptop later as mobile app not allowing same
Old 9th October 2016, 22:53   #489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The Crysta in my cousin's circle has also had the same fate. Maybe the thickness is less?
Old 10th October 2016, 11:45   #490
Senior - BHPian

Crack grew more.. just wish it would stop short of reaching the edge
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20161010_11231901.jpeg
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Check with Windshield experts, they would be able to do as good a job as the service center and would cost cheaper too. You have the option of getting it done at your door step.
They are not available in trivandrum unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezrskb View Post
Will try loading some pics from laptop later as mobile app not allowing same
Thanks dezrskb. Please upload photos if you can. It will be very helpful.

Im not sure whether the glass is partial thickness, but it sure doesnt look durable enough in the light of my recent experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
The Crysta in my cousin's circle has also had the same fate. Maybe the thickness is less?
Cant say for sure without measuring, but it shouldnt have cracked easily.

Last edited by Sankar : 10th October 2016 at 12:06.
Old 12th October 2016, 14:19   #491
BHPian

I have done 860 kms on the new Crysta and gave it for first service, I noticed a thumping noise with vibration while starting the engine in the last few days and so immediately gave the car for first service. The technician says the noise is from the engine mounting, and assured that it will get rectified its not a concern area. Looks like it needs more torquing or tightening. Surpeised though to hear this and how it escaped Toyota's attention. Any views please.
Old 12th October 2016, 22:28   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish123 View Post
Thanks GTO. You pretty much talk like my wife

I agree completely. It's just that I really had a bad experience with one of my earlier cars in resale and hence somehow resale is on top of my mind.
Test Drove both the ZX MT & ZX AT versions and found out the following differences (not that these are not outlined by GTO, but just a quick summary for those who are confused between both these versions):
Interiors - AT is more plush than the manual (seat cover, gear lever) although this would much depend upon individual’s taste
Gear Lever – Continuous vibrations in MT so much so that those who have the habit of keeping one hand on the lever will be forced to keep it on steering wheel . AT lever is just fine
Dead pedal – AT has a great size of dead pedal vs virtually nothing for MT
NVH – AT is quite refined as against MT
I found MT to be quite fun to drive on the highway whereas AT was better on city roads
In AT, the upshift/downshift is quite obvious. I hope with time, we would get adjusted/better manage the jerk

Considering that most of my drive would be in city and the other factors listed above, am now quite inclined to go for AT
manish123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2016, 23:01   #493

Went through the entire Thread, hands down the most exhaustive review, great work 👍🏼 @GTO and finally the post has led me to book my own Crysta ZX AT.
Will surely try to pen down my experience from Test drive to the final booking. The Keys will be handed over on15th, had to pull many strings to get this part done(there was a full 6weeks waiting period)
Old 13th October 2016, 14:10   #494
Senior - BHPian

What's the max torque that the AT transmission can handle ?

A tuning box/Remap will make this car super fun on the highways.
Old 14th October 2016, 21:21   #495
BHPian

Completed 5k Kms this week with my Crysta GX AT. Gave it for the 2nd free service today and asked them to check the alignment as the car was pulling to the left. Also there are vibrations felt on the steering while braking at high speeds. (Same as what Sankar mentioned in one of his posts on his Crysta) Asked them to check both and the technician who took the test drive confirmed that alignment is fine and its the steering position that is little off. He also confirmed that there are some issues with braking at high speeds and have suggested to get the front brake discs to be checked. One of the SA initially said they will check and see if skimming is required and later confirmed, that they need to replace the disc under warranty. I dont have much details about it now and will gather more tomorrow when I go to pick up the car.

I am disappointed with the overall Toyota Service experience on 3 different occasions. Will share more details in a seperate post after I pick up my car tomorrow.

Quote:
Sorry to hear about it Sankar. Have you got it fixed?

Quote:
I saw one from Coozo on their FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/coozocarmat...45346172150771

They have uploaded pics for the Manual Crysta. Looked good overall and I asked them specifically about the AT variant. They are confident that it will fit well in AT too, but I asked them to share the pics of the AT variant if they have any. Have looked at lot of options and this seems to be the best bet, considering the price (~5k) they are offering for 5D mats. I can manage the driver side, as its mostly the other areas in my car that gets really dirty. Its become a nightmare to maintain the car with the OEM rubber mats provided by Toyota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish123 View Post
Considering that most of my drive would be in city and the other factors listed above, am now quite inclined to go for AT
Dont have a second thought. Just go for the AT variant and you wont regret it. I have driven it for over 5k Kms in just about less than 2 months with majority of it on the highways. It never felt under powered. Crysta AT is my daily drive now and the AT is so comfortable in Bangalore's worst traffic conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarvarun172 View Post
Went through the entire Thread, hands down the most exhaustive review, great work 👍🏼 @GTO and finally the post has led me to book my own Crysta ZX AT.
Will surely try to pen down my experience from Test drive to the final booking. The Keys will be handed over on15th, had to pull many strings to get this part done(there was a full 6weeks waiting period)
Congratulations. 6 Weeks waiting period? Is it because the car is launched recently in NCR region? AFAIK, the cars are readily available for delivery within 1-2 weeks in Bangalore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishtk View Post
I have done 860 kms on the new Crysta and gave it for first service, I noticed a thumping noise with vibration while starting the engine in the last few days and so immediately gave the car for first service. The technician says the noise is from the engine mounting, and assured that it will get rectified its not a concern area. Looks like it needs more torquing or tightening. Surpeised though to hear this and how it escaped Toyota's attention. Any views please.
Other than the cabin shake, I never felt anything else while starting the car. Will recheck again. My ownership experience so far with the Crysta makes me think otherwise about the well famed Toyota Quality. Maybe its a over hyped thing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks