Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2016, 23:11   #601
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram78 View Post
Hi Team,

What would the team members here advice? Should the tyre issue be a deal breaker?
Tyre burst is not related to any specific vehicle. It can happen in any vehicle. Having worked in tyre industry for more than 2 years, the issue points out to most probably a manufacturing defect or some damage to the tyre that would have happened earlier to the tyre burst. It needs an examination by the Technical Service Engineer of the tyre company and he should be able to tell the real reason for it. Older/ almost worn out tyres are more prone to such issues. If this issue had happened to Crysta from the same brand of tyres, then it would be related to a specific batch of tyres from that manufacturer - ideally a manufacturing defect.
pradeepnair is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 07:16   #602
BHPian

If it helps, for my 2012 Honda City, all 5 stock (MRF ZVTV) tyres developed 'bubbles' on the tyre walls / driving surface over a period of 4 years (my driving is careful, I feel). One by one had to replace all stocks. One as recent as last week, which was the 5th (spare) tyre.

Obviously manufacturing defect for those lot of tyres from MRF. The replacement MRF ZVTV tyres seem to be ok so far.

Hope this info helps.
Old 8th December 2016, 12:19   #603
BHPian

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

10K completed in my ZX 2.4 and I can say that Toyota's perceived quality is totally overrated and they are capitalising on Innova's brand equity and royally taking customers for a ride by charging a premium for below average quality product.

I paid 22.5 lakhs for peace of mind and not for the rattles which are showing up from the ill bolstered dashboard and door panels. Even the engine clatter is inconsistent since day along with occasional turbo whining. Talk about inconsistency!

With so much of faith I bought this product as my dream people mover. My ZX manual is already rattling like a cheap entry level car! So many rattle sources and I don't want to run around the after sales people as they have goofed up before.

Just feeling terrible. Sigh!

Last edited by sudeep.pandya : 8th December 2016 at 12:23.
sudeep.pandya is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th December 2016, 12:11   #604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Why not do exactly the opposite. Minimise the chrome and make everything black. That will stand out from the crowd.

Here's bhpian josepeter's s-cross for inspiration

Attachment 1582287

Attachment 1582288
Hey, So there's hardly any chrome on my Garnet Red vehicle. Just the window line garnish! And almost everything else is already wrapped in Gloss black. But somehow it's still too ordinary!

BTW, What's the wheel size on the Innova? Thinking of upgrading to a different rim design. Maybe that'll help!
venom_op is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2016, 15:09   #605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
Hey, So there's hardly any chrome on my Garnet Red vehicle. Just the window line garnish! And almost everything else is already wrapped in Gloss black. But somehow it's still too ordinary!

BTW, What's the wheel size on the Innova? Thinking of upgrading to a different rim design. Maybe that'll help!
Share a photo of your car. Let's try some photoshopping.
Old 10th December 2016, 09:42   #606
Senior - BHPian

Have finally decided to buy the Innova 2.8 GX Auto.

10L Down payment and remaining in a loan for 5 years. The dealer EMI is 20700 for 5 years. Is this a good rate or should i scout someplace else too?

EDIT - Tried seraching the forum for reviews on the 2.8GX. There seems to be none.

Benny

Last edited by beejay : 10th December 2016 at 10:08. Reason: Tried searching...
Old 10th December 2016, 10:06   #607
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Have finally decided to buy the Innova 2.8 GX Auto.

10L Down payment and remaining in a loan for 5 years. The dealer EMI is 20700 for 5 years. Is this a good rate or should i scout someplace else too?

Benny
About 11.25% interest. Looks a bit high. You should be able to do about 9.5-9.75% if you have a relationship with some bank, IMO.
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2016, 12:42   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeep.pandya View Post
I paid 22.5 lakhs for peace of mind and not for the rattles which are showing up from the ill bolstered dashboard and door panels. Even the engine clatter is inconsistent since day along with occasional turbo whining. Talk about inconsistency!
Our 300km old is rattling all around and I'm really very annoyed by it.
The metal feel less sturdy than my City, which intself is a shock to me, and I'm just not having the Innova feeling anymore. I'm certainly disappointed we sold our old Innova to get this one specially after the way it's turning out to be even before 500kms on the ODO. My friend's latest acquisition, Fortuner, is not satisfying him for the amount he spent for it.
Ruchir031 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2016, 20:33   #609
BANNED

Your innova started rattling? I have already booked one and now the reviews like this making me think twice. I sold my one year old duster to buy innova. I am in total dilemma. Please suggest what should I do at this juncture.
Old 10th December 2016, 21:32   #610
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajaslaw View Post
Your innova started rattling? I have already booked one and now the reviews like this making me think twice. I sold my one year old duster to buy innova. I am in total dilemma. Please suggest what should I do at this juncture.

Maybe you can put Innova decision on hold for a bit and also check other options like Hexa and Endy.
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2016, 21:41   #611
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Tried seraching the forum for reviews on the 2.8GX. There seems to be none.

Hi Benny, read up all posts by Sankar. He has gotten the car choice of car, and has been very helpful to many on the Gx Auto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruchir031 View Post
Our 300km old is rattling all around and I'm really very annoyed by it..

Quote:

+1 Axe77, I would wait it out. I will definitely take a look at the Hexa XTA.

The rattles are a real worry for people, just because the car is no more an affordable but reliable people mover. It has moved up to the likes of Jettas, Octavias and close to the bigger SUVs. And it has only itself to blame. Just because one can put tan leather and dim lights, the car doesn't become what it not.

The Innova Crysta is still a comfortable back-seater, brilliant in moving people is comfort - unfortunately the car has still a long way to become a drivers one, and away from its utilitarian backgrounds.
Old 10th December 2016, 21:42   #612
BHPian

Quote:
Your innova started rattling?
I'm not the only one, few people I know who got Crysta are facing the same rattling problem, even in the Fortuner there's lot of rattles just after coming out of the showroom! Some people have raised the volume a couple of notches to fix it, but I can just not deal with it, it bugs me. If Toyota cannot fix it I'm selling this within a month.

Hold off for Hexa I'd say, I'm considering it too after my fatal experience with Crysta.

Last edited by Ruchir031 : 10th December 2016 at 21:58.
Ruchir031 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2016, 21:30   #613
BANNED

TATA no way. I will never go for tata. I would buy a tavera top end instead. I am using qualis without any problem so far hence, i feel Toyota to be better product.
What about mileage you are getting in crysta.
Old 12th December 2016, 21:54   #614
BANNED

Quote:
I am in total dilemma. Please suggest what should I do at this juncture.

Quote:
TATA no way. I will never go for tata. I would buy a tavera top end instead.

Then you are not in much dilemma then, are you buddy? 😊 Since the thought process is that the Toyota is a better product, then the rattles and fuel efficiency shouldn't matter. Notwithstanding, the manual is giving me 11-13 in difficult city traffic. On highways you can expect to touch 15 with light foot.
Old 13th December 2016, 13:43   #615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeep.pandya View Post

This is a surprise. I have run my 2.8 GX for 2500 odd km and can say I am as of now very satisfied with the build quality. While upgrading the ICE I noticed sufficient padding and damping at several places in the door, below the carpet, etc. so am really surprised that this can develop rattling sounds. Anyway, will keep an eye as I drive around more and near the 10k mark and will post my observations too.

Last edited by rajivrt : 13th December 2016 at 13:59. Reason: substituted satisfied in place of surprised.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks