Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2016, 18:44   #631
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayasurya View Post
It is very low. In my GX AT 2.8 , the worst I observed is 8 kmpl and best is 12.5 kmpl. Usually normal and eco modes are used. There seem to be something wrong with the car. Is it stuck in power mode always ?
Mine is in Ecomode 24/7. I am getting these low figures on Mumbai bandra/khar inner city driving where traffic moves slowly dues to congestion, and road work being carried out. It is not extreme blocked traffic but slow moving traffic.

On highway it improves drastically to 10 to 11. Maybe i need to recheck tank to tank more acutely or something is wrong waiting for 10k I suppose !
Old 23rd December 2016, 14:53   #632
BANNED

Taking delivery of gx manual on 27th. Kindly suggest any precautions to be taken at the time of delivery and for running period.
Old 24th December 2016, 20:07   #633
Senior - BHPian

Hello bhpians,

Has anyone fixed the projector lamps from the Zx to the lower trim GX models?

If yes, how do you rate the lighting? Any idea on the price?

Headlight levelling is automatic and would there be any additional equipment required for the same or is it just a bolt on, plug and play kinds for the GX?

I have booked a GX automatic and will get delivery next month and am planning to fix the same.

Thanks in advance.
Old 26th December 2016, 01:31   #634
BANNED

Hello

What grade of engine oil comes with crysta 2.4, synthetic or mineral? I have used mineral oil for my 2012 innova till date and it works fine.
Which is the recommended oil by Toyota. Can i use mineral oil. Is there any option?
In my view there is no change in engine performance with both the grades of oil.
Old 26th December 2016, 05:48   #635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Hello bhpians,

Has anyone fixed the projector lamps from the Zx to the lower trim GX models?

If yes, how do you rate the lighting? Any idea on the price?

Headlight levelling is automatic and would there be any additional equipment required for the same or is it just a bolt on, plug and play kinds for the GX?

I have booked a GX automatic and will get delivery next month and am planning to fix the same.

Thanks in advance.

Please don't take this the wrong way. It is pointless to try & selectively upgrade a gx to a vx or zx. If you need the geegaws buy the model you want from the get go.

Otherwise it ends up like the saying in Tamil - "A silken tassel for a broom".

Think what you are looking for is a Vx auto. Forget it! That beast does not exist.

Based on my research, the bridge between gx & the vx/zx is too vast to be cost effectively bridged. With the gx, you get the old Innova with an upgraded engine & the choice of an auto. That is a perfectly good compromise and should work very well. In fact, I think that is the sensible choice. A gx auto with a good ice & leather gets you all the meaningful upgrades of the Crysta over the Innova and the money you save over the other variants will fund the loss of efficiency due to an auto.

But we love trinkets, no?

Ps: Zx /Vx is a safety choice. If you do not need the 8 seater & can afford it, the zx is the safest.
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2016, 08:57   #636
Senior - BHPian

Seeing discounts up to 30000 for the petrol models and importantly for the GX AT and VX MT. Last few months have been a struggle to maintain the sales momentum for Toyota. Hope this continues and is not a December only phenomenon.
Old 26th December 2016, 14:14   #637
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Toyota Innova Crysta Petrol. EDIT - Launched @ Rs. 13.73 lakhs

Drove the Z AT model yesterday for an extended period both in city as well as highway. A friend brought it who I was accompanying for an outstation trip.

The interiors do look good and a definite upgrade from the 2012 V that I have. The black tan color combination is tastefully done.The center console with the dials and a colored MID is very impressive.I did not take a fancy to the weird interior blue lights emitting from the roof. The riding position and the ergonomics were pretty spot on.

Driving this for the first time nothing prepares you to the power this car has compared to the old one. If you are used to the old Innova you will be surpirsed with the grunt and head on the seat pull this engine has when you shove the pedal. Having experienced all this the major damper came in terms of the very very poor NVH levels inside the cabin. The engine sounded gruff and utilitarian making cruising a very uneasy experience.

I dont know if this is an exception or the general notion but it was enough for me to hold on to my innova for a few more years.

Last edited by bigron : 26th December 2016 at 14:16.
bigron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2016, 18:14   #638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Can we do a mileage check poll here?

On my GX AT 2.8 which i have run 5000 km on so far - 5.2 kmpl to 6.2 kmpl in Mumbai inner city crawl, and 9 kmpl on a run to Goa when new with a light foot, 10ish with ultra light foot. In Inner City Mumbai Traffic I feel 5 to 6 is really uninspiring when compared to my survey with Fortuner Auto users over the years of 7kmpl for it, Crysta being lighter should at the least give 8-9 kmpl. A friend who has crossed 10k in a 2.8 Auto and the Service centre rep claim a jump after 10k oils change. Any inputs from other users would be welcome!
This is interesting. On our GX AT, we get around 9 kmpl in the Bangalore city traffic and around 13 kmpl on the highway. Maybe if you could try to maintain the vehicle's speed within a range (say 40-50 kmph in the city and around 80-90 kmph on the highway) and avoid hard and sudden braking as far as possible, you can get a better mileage. That is what we always try to do in our Crysta. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards,
Karthi.stark
Old 26th December 2016, 19:47   #639
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthi.stark View Post
This is interesting. On our GX AT, we get around 9 kmpl in the Bangalore city traffic and around 13 kmpl on the highway. Maybe if you could try to maintain the vehicle's speed within a range (say 40-50 kmph in the city and around 80-90 kmph on the highway) and avoid hard and sudden braking as far as possible, you can get a better mileage. That is what we always try to do in our Crysta. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards,
Karthi.stark

I have the Vx - 8 seater. Did about 9k. 3 k highway.

Min 9 kmpl
Max 15 kmpl
Average 11.6 kmpl

(i have an app & hence precise data)

I tried eco mode & power mode. Power mode is too Jerry & eco mode too whiny. Did not see much improvement in mileage also on eco mode.

So stay in normal mode nowadays.

Last edited by sridhu : 26th December 2016 at 19:48.
Old 26th December 2016, 20:38   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Power mode is too Jerry & eco mode too whiny.

So stay in normal mode nowadays.
Agree. I feel power mode can be used when you are in a lower gear and want to overtake someone who's in front of you. It can also be used in hairpin bends so as to give you more throttle for going up. The Eco mode can be used during peak hour traffic. What I feel is that Eco mode is basically increasing the speed slowly whereas power mode is increasing the speed at a faster rate than normal.
Old 28th December 2016, 23:47   #641
BANNED

Took the delivery of crysta manual and drove about 200 kms. Got mileage of 18.6 on highway with full load at speed of 90 kmph for a stretch of 110 kms in eco mode
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-tmpdoodle1482949039916.jpg  

rajaslaw is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th December 2016, 01:15   #642
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajaslaw View Post
Took the delivery of crysta manual and drove about 200 kms. Got mileage of 18.6 on highway with full load at speed of 90 kmph for a stretch of 110 kms in eco mode
Congrats on owning the new Innova Crysta.

18.6 kmpl is a good mileage, even though you had just driven 110 kms, that too very sedately. The low outside temperature would have also helped you in achieving this high mileage.

Please check the tankful to tankful method as it is more accurate.

What variant is your Innova Crysta?
Old 29th December 2016, 01:30   #643
BANNED

Mine is gx manual. Yes you are right the outside temperature might have helped.
My duster 2015 85 ps also does not give these figures.
I am expecting 15 to be average consumption in all.
Can I use power mode for long stretches in runin period.
Old 30th December 2016, 08:26   #644
Senior - BHPian

New top-spec variant for the Innova gets subtle styling tweaks; Likely to come with petrol and diesel engine options.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img20161230wa0000.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-toyotainnovaventurer2017features.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20161230-08.20.06.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20161230-08.19.41.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-toyotainnovaventurer2017advertorial630x313.jpg

Toyota is readying a new top-spec trim for the Innova, likely to be called as the Innova Venturer.*A first set of leaked images of this model have surfaced in Indonesia. It is yet to be seen whether the India-spec Innova Crysta will get this variant.

As seen from the leaked images, the Innova Venturer gets special red exterior paint shade. It also gets a distinctive body cladding with contrast black shade.*There are more chrome bits on the exterior, especially around the fog lamps upfront and on the chin and also below the rear bumper.* It also gets unique dark grey alloy wheels with different design than the standard trims.**

On the inside, the Innova Venturer will get dual tone seats and additional equipment adding to already a long list of standard features on the MPV.

The Innova Venturer is likely to come to Indonesia first, followed by other markets subsequently.

Source: automagznet.net (WhatsApp forward)
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2016, 10:29   #645
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajaslaw View Post
Can I use power mode for long stretches in runin period.
There is absolutely no problem in driving the car in Power Mode. The different modes in Toyota does not change the engine mapping, but only changes the throttle response.

Most Viewed