Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2016, 15:40   #646
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Just got a confirmation from one of the dealers in Hyderabad that the tyre specification of all Crysta 2017 manufactured ZX variant (Auto and MT) will be changed from the existing 215 / 55 / R17 to 205 /65/ R16.
Ram78 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st December 2016, 16:00   #647
BHPian

I noticed something strange today with the crysta. When we were on the highway, the rpm dial didn't move an inch above 2000 rpm. Also, the 6th gear came into action only when the foot was taken off the gas pedal.
Is there any issue with the dials and transmission or is it completely normal for the above two things to happen?
Has anyone else noticed the same thing?
Old 2nd January 2017, 16:40   #648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthi.stark View Post
This is interesting. On our GX AT, we get around 9 kmpl in the Bangalore city traffic and around 13 kmpl on the highway. Maybe if you could try to maintain the vehicle's speed within a range (say 40-50 kmph in the city and around 80-90 kmph on the highway) and avoid hard and sudden braking as far as possible, you can get a better mileage. That is what we always try to do in our Crysta. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards,
Karthi.stark
In Mumbai inner city crawling traffic not seeing better than 6-7km/L ..in a combined city/highway cycle I am getting 10-11 on a tankful. But every time I drive a full tanks worth exclusively in city it drops to 6-7...and mostly gingerly driven..mumbai traffic is very lunatic can't avoid stop/braking all the time as three wheelers have become a a monstrous menace getting worse here now
Old 2nd January 2017, 19:33   #649
Distinguished - BHPian

Even though i welcome the downsizing of the rims but i believe if Toyota would have upgraded the tyre size to 225/55 R17 it would have solved the issue considerably.
Old 2nd January 2017, 20:09   #650
Team-BHP Support

Prices of Innova have been increased from 1st Jan. It looks other models including Fortuner have been spared at the moment.

http://www.toyotabharat.com/pricelist/
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-screen-shot-20170102-8.09.09-pm.png  

Turbanator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 09:00   #651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram78 View Post
Just got a confirmation from one of the dealers in Hyderabad that the tyre specification of all Crysta 2017 manufactured ZX variant (Auto and MT) will be changed from the existing 215 / 55 / R17 to 205 /65/ R16.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Prices of Innova have been increased from 1st Jan. It looks other models including Fortuner have been spared at the moment.

http://www.toyotabharat.com/pricelist/
Looks like a ploy to me. Toyota being selfish as always. If they are downsizing the tyres then why jack up the price! Atleast some part of the "raw material cost price increase" could be offset by the saving on the tyre downgrade right?

Last edited by Vinodh_Gowda : 3rd January 2017 at 09:12.
Old 3rd January 2017, 16:11   #652
BHPian

Vinodh:Actually the tyre specification change might be good news.As reported in the forum ,the R16 tyres have higher side wall width and hence a lower probability of tyre burst. Apparently the drive comfort is also better in R16.May sound absurd, but I would pay a premium for R16 over R17.
Old 4th January 2017, 18:07   #653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthi.stark View Post
I noticed something strange today with the crysta. When we were on the highway, the rpm dial didn't move an inch above 2000 rpm. Also, the 6th gear came into action only when the foot was taken off the gas pedal.
Is there any issue with the dials and transmission or is it completely normal for the above two things to happen?
Has anyone else noticed the same thing?
I recently completed my first expressway trip on the Yamuna expressway on the 1st with speeds upto 140 km, and yes, did notice the same. It appeared perfectly normal to me. I notice this during regular driving too in the city.
Old 5th January 2017, 06:37   #654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivrt View Post
I recently completed my first expressway trip on the Yamuna expressway on the 1st with speeds upto 140 km, and yes, did notice the same. It appeared perfectly normal to me. I notice this during regular driving too in the city.
Guess you folks are talking about the AT. I have the Vx and the rpm gauge is at 2750 at 120 kmph. Changes to around 3k when I push the loud pedal.

I do not think it is normal behavior if the rpm indicator does not move above 2000 or if the 6 gear does not automatically get engaged. Please get it checked out.
Old 5th January 2017, 13:22   #655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Guess you folks are talking about the AT. I have the Vx and the rpm gauge is at 2750 at 120 kmph. Changes to around 3k when I push the loud pedal.

I do not think it is normal behavior if the rpm indicator does not move above 2000 or if the 6 gear does not automatically get engaged. Please get it checked out.
The auto has higher torque than the Mt and 2000 rpm at 140 should be ok in the top gear . Try pressing the accelerator hard and the gear will downshift with increase in rpm
Did u guys notice the mileage under such condition as i trust it should have been good
Old 9th January 2017, 13:46   #656
BHPian

"Same engine and power, Who needs a Fortuner?"

OUCH!! Guess the owner has never heard of overhang or approach angle.

Last edited by Shanksta : 9th January 2017 at 13:49.
Old 10th January 2017, 10:31   #657
BHPian

My TD experience with Innova Crysta. Buying a Crysta never occurred in my mind. Having a Duster Diesel since almost 3 years having clogged only 21K in the odometer and still running great. As ours is a joint family with 7 members (including the maid), I always felt it would have been better if I had a 7 seater when we all had to go for outing together. I have a Celerio AT and in such cases we usually take 2 cars with my daughter driving the Celerio.

Last month while passing through the Toyota showroom (Puzhakkal Padam, Thrissur), I told my wife we will have look at the Crysta and just took the car inside. She asked curiously if you want to buy one, I said no way. We will just have a peek inside a 7-seater, heard a lot about this car.

The reception guy welcomed us and asked us to wait as the executive was busy with other customer. In the meanwhile they offered coffee and even after the coffee when the executive did not arrive, the same reception guy voluntarily took us to the Crysta 2.8 ZX AT that was on display. Though it was daytime, the showroom lights were on and the Red Garnet car was gleaming in the brightness of the lights. As soon soon as Mrs. saw the car in flesh, her eyes popped out and gave me a convincing nod with a big smile.

The guy opened both the doors so that we could have better view of the interiors. The Tan and brown seat colour combination is very appealing and for a moment we thought we are viewing a high end SUV car interiors. He advised us to get inside the car to feel the interiors. We both got into the back seats and that's when we noticed the LED moon lighting. It was really awesome. My wife was feeling the posh leather finish of the seats and was looking all around as this is the first time she got into a luxury car with such class. She was all mesmerized by the interiors of the Crysta and whispered to me, "Are we flying Emirates airlines 'Business Class' as it was as posh as the Emirates. Even the Emirates business class has the same type of LED moon lighting and also blinking stars on the roof at night.

From this car we moved on to the GX AT that was on display and it was a Grey car. The interiors were all grey, the upholstery was grey fabric, no wooden finish, and the dashboard is really ugly with the AC knobs standing out like a sore thumb. My wife does not know much about the quality of interior plastic, but this was her comment after feeling the front das. "This looks like the plastic finish like that of a 'PIAGGIO' autorikshaw interior". It looked so cheap. At least Toyota could have installed the knobs in the bottom area of the dash (like that in Duster). It just looked like any other car in the market.

My wife commented, anyways we are not going to buy, but if we are to buy, go for ZX only and not GX as it has such ugly interiors. Even if we are to change the interiors and all, it will never come closer to the ZX interiors. I inquired the prices of different versions and left the showroom. While returning home, all the way my wife was describing the interiors of all parts she liked in the ZX and she also started comparing it with Duster. I told her Duster is not a luxury car. As soon as home, she started narrating the same to the kids and they were annoyed because we went without taking them.

Next day I got a call from Toyota if they could come for a TD which I very much agreed.

They arrived by 10.30 am with a White Innova which looked beautiful and extreme road presence in that color. Only when I got into the driver's seat did I notice that it was a MT version and not AT. But I took the TD so that I can get a better comparison between the 2.

Though the TD was a short one, I would the MT to be very responsive and the gear shifting extra smooth. This is the first time I was driving a big car like Innova and I was a bit nervous about the size and maneuverability. I used to call the Innova a 'Mini Bus' and never liked the van looks of the earlier Innova. But to my utter surprise, the handling was simply superb and maneuverability was just like a car. After we got back home, they wanted to take the booking. I informed that I am interested in AT and I cannot give a booking unless I get TD for AT. As I was not very keen, they left without confirming if they return with AT or not.

After two days, I got a call again from Toyota asking for booking and I informed that I was waiting for TD of AT, but nobody has come so far. They told me that they will be there in half hour. As promised they arrived on time and this time it was 'Garnet Red' ZX ATand my daughter and myself got into the car. My daughter was more excited as she wanted to TD the AT version. I got in the driver seat and after driving some distance gave it to my daughter to drive. The driving was smooth and the handling and manoeuvrability was the same like MT, but I found the engine to be lethargic in shifting gears compared to MT. In MT we have a choice of shifting the gears, but here the engine decides and I felt why the engine is not responding. When i pushed the paddle a bit more, it responded immediately as if waking up your office peon from sleep.... So it worked and I asked the executives who were seated behind why the engine not responding like the MT. My daughter was driving and she was much confident in driving the AT than me as she was very much used to Celerio AT and knew exactly when to remove the foot from the paddle and when to accelerate. Even the executive remarked about it. My daughter drove it back home and very easily drove inside the gates as if she had been driving a big car for long. After reaching home, I was surprised and looked at her and she winked at me with a smile and told to me, Dad this would be my car and you can take the Celerio.

I invited the boys home for coffee and discussed regarding the OTR pricing, Insurance, Accessories, Discounts etc. There was this year-end discount offer of 30000. 15000 on Insurance and 15000 on accessories.

I was interested in the Pearl White as I had a Pearl White Linea for 6 years and never had any problem of maintaining it as you never see the dust on a light colour. But as they say, 'Majority wins' except me everyone opted for the Garnet red.
I will share my decision making, booking and delivery experience and lots of photos in my post to follow.

Please excuse me for this long post just for a TD.

Mod Note: Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

Last edited by Aditya : 10th January 2017 at 18:08. Reason: Adding paragraph spacing for better readability
jaisha8 is offline   (10) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 10th January 2017, 12:01   #658
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
it responded immediately as if waking up your office peon from sleep
You have put this very aptly, I don't think I have read any better analogy elsewhere.

Quote:
There was this year end discount offer of 30000. 15000 on Insurance and 15000 on accessories.
That's interesting, do you get invoiced at 2016 rates or they charge new prices? Going further I strongly believe Toyota's bread & butter segment - Innova & Fortuner will be in far greater threat than in past. Hexa is surely going to take a lot of Innova customers and Endeavour is a worthy competitor.

Quote:
Except me everyone opted for the Garnet red.
It's a nice colour and look different in varying light conditions, All the best with your Purchase!

Last edited by Turbanator : 10th January 2017 at 12:03.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 12:32   #659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post

That's interesting, do you get invoiced at 2016 rates or they charge new prices? Going further I strongly believe Toyota's bread & butter segment - Innova & Fortuner will be in far greater threat than in past. Hexa is surely going to take a lot of Innova customers and Endeavour is a worthy competitor.
!
Yes I got it billed for 2016 only, if I had to avail the discount. Yes, surely I was looking into Hexa as well, but still TD car not launched in Kerala, I believe.
Old 10th January 2017, 16:18   #660
Senior - BHPian

Which version of Crysta is a good drivers car is it 2.8 AT or 2.4 MT?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks