Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2017, 15:09   #796
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Toyota India has launched the Innova Crysta Touring Sport range from Rs 17.79 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi.

Innova Touring Sport Petrol MT: Rs 17.79 lakh
Innova Touring Sport Petrol AT: Rs 20.84 lakh
Innova Touring Sport Diesel MT: Rs 18.91 lakh
Innova Touring Sport Diesel AT: Rs 22.15 lakh

ACI

Do all the variants come with the same features? If yes then isn't a difference of 3L for AT in both petrols and diesels a bit too much? I mean the industry standard is around 1L and even though diesel has a different engine still it looks a bit too much. Previously the ZX only had the AT trim so if all these models have the same features then now we can order the MTs in the top of the line trim too it seems.
Old 4th May 2017, 16:24   #797
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
Do all the variants come with the same features? If yes then isn't a difference of 3L for AT in both petrols and diesels a bit too much? I mean the industry standard is around 1L and even though diesel has a different engine still it looks a bit too much. Previously the ZX only had the AT trim so if all these models have the same features then now we can order the MTs in the top of the line trim too it seems.
The manual is based on VX trim & automatic is based on ZX trim, so features on ZX AT will be more.
slamnos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2017, 05:05   #798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amansanc View Post
I would say you shouldn't be thinking too much here.
The Innova while a very good car to be chauffeured in or even to drive doesn't make sense if only 2 people would be using it most of the time. The interiors of the GX variant are very drab and just adding an infotainment system won't help that much. Also, it would be much less fuel efficient than the Creta

Cheers!
Yes, Creta seems to fit the bill quite nicely. Its just that it would be like driving something you were driving 2 years back. I know I'm not the one who'll be driving, so leaving the decision to Dad for now. Not too sure he'll be comfortable in the first place driving these much bigger vehicles. But yes, I need him to test drive them all before making a decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishen.padiyar View Post
Engine wise it is the Crysta that is more involving to drive - be it in the city or on the highway. Performance is simply superb.

Overall upkeep costs and resale - it is the Crysta that wins due to Toyota's legendary quality and demand in the resale market. Even when it comes to replacing tyres, the XUV running on 17 inchers will cost nearly 1.5 - 1.6 times the cost of Crysta's 16 inchers.

Hope this helps
Thanks for your input. Much informative. I haven't driven the car myself, but will surely try comparing them when I'm back home. As plans to get the car have been put on hold till June. Although, logically it seems going for Hyundai Creta again seems the sensible choice as pointed out by many fellow Bhpians. But somehow the heart still doesn't agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
With the Tucson a no-go, deja vu seems to be your best bet.
You can always move up segments later when requirements change and budget permits.
Agree with your suggestions. Logically, had the whole work assignment fiasco had not happened for my father, we would not have been looking for a car for the next 2 years anyways. And, there doesn't seem any worthy competitor to the Creta at the moment except for going for the bigger sibling which is a priced quite optimistically IMO in India. I'm soon planning to pick a car here in UK as well, just waiting to complete my driving license practical test on 23rd May. Hyundai Tuscon is one of the cars on the radar and fortunately it is a little better priced here as compared to India.
Old 5th May 2017, 12:30   #799
BHPian

Quote:
Toyota India has launched the Innova Crysta Touring Sport range from Rs 17.79 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi.
Toyota Sales: The Crysta isn't ugly enough.

Toyota Design: How about this?
TheLizardKing is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th May 2017, 18:03   #800
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
Do all the variants come with the same features? If yes then isn't a difference of 3L for AT in both petrols and diesels a bit too much?

The 3 lakhs is for the ghastly red faux wood trim on the interior. 😂
On a serious note , it looks more like a 50k plastidip job. Probably a nice way to push the entire model range price points into the next segment. Toyota is now getting greedy and trying to milk our fascination for the Innova.

This will be close to 28 lakhs OTR Bangalore. The price that the previous gen Fortuner was retailing for. Ouch.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 5th May 2017 at 18:10.
Old 7th May 2017, 11:17   #801
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The only word Toyota missed was "Rally". I guess that's for next year. Some stickers added, price increased by 50K and you wil get the all new "Innova Crysta Rally Touring Sport".
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th May 2017, 13:20   #802
BHPian

So this is how Toyota celebrates product anniversary

Boss: We have the launch anniversary coming!
Intern: Let us celebrate by charging more. Our party bills will be recovered by this edition.
Boss: Book Leela my boy.
sudeep.pandya is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th May 2017, 23:00   #803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeep.pandya View Post
So this is how Toyota celebrates product anniversary

Boss: We have the launch anniversary coming!
Intern: Let us celebrate by charging more. Our party bills will be recovered by this edition.
Boss: Book Leela my boy.
In addition to the launch of Innova Touring Sport, Toyota has also increased the price of already expensive Innova Crysta, I think this would be the rest of their conversation

Intern: Sir, Leela is too expensive.
Boss: Ok, increase the price of the Crysta too, this would surely pay the bills. Now, go and book Leela.

Jokes apart here is the new price list:

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-screenshot001.jpg

Here is the old price list for comparison:

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-screen-shot-20170102-8.09.09-pm.png.jpg

The price difference is about 10,000 to 20,000 varying from model to model.

By the way, we also want to buy the Innova Crysta and the decision-making process is almost over but we are in the dilemma of buying the AT or MT. Here are our choices:

2.4 ZX MT
2.8 ZX AT

The car will mostly be chauffeur driven and occasionally driven by my mother. It will spend most of its time on the highway and some of it in the city.

The AT is being considered because it is more powerful, will be driven by mother and with the sixth gear, the car will be more relaxed on the highway but the resale of AT will be certainly lower while the MT will certainly give out better fuel efficiency and would be cheaper to buy but the price is not much of a constraint and the comfort of AT in itself is a big pro.
Shreyas Agarwal is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 8th May 2017, 07:08   #804
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Agarwal View Post
Jokes apart here is the new price list:

Attachment 1636921

Here is the old price list for comparison:

Attachment 1636908
The price difference is about 10,000 to 20,000 varying from model to model.

A difference of Rs.26000/- for the GX AT 8 seater which is the variant I bought.

Quote:
By the way, we also want to buy the Innova Crysta and the decision-making process is almost over but we are in the dilemma of buying the AT or MT. Here are our choices:

2.4 ZX MT
2.8 ZX AT

The car will mostly be chauffeur driven and occasionally driven by my mother. It will spend most of its time on the highway and some of it in the city.

The AT is being considered because it is more powerful, will be driven by mother and with the sixth gear, the car will be more relaxed on the highway but the resale of AT will be certainly lower while the MT will certainly give out better fuel efficiency and would be cheaper to buy but the price is not much of a constraint and the comfort of AT in itself is a big pro.
I would suggest AT. Cruising at 100kpH the engine would be turning over at a lazy 1700RPM and at 2000RPM the car would be chugging along at 120KPH.

Fuel efficiency is better for the MT no doubt.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2017, 05:49   #805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In

2.4 ZX MT
2.8 ZX AT

FWIW, my opinion.

If you don't need the extra seat and don't mind the way the at drives, go for the AT. I love the way the Mt drives but it sorely misses the 6th gear. On my recent blr-Madhya Pradesh trip (4500km on largely very good roads) my Mt returned 11.5 kmpl. Don't think the at will be much worse. Might even be better given better power & the 6th cog.

If you can, definitely buy the Zx for the safety. Otherwise, the Gx AT offers all the technical advances of the new crysta & another 2 lacs will bring the interior up to meaningful luxury standards. (pure leather, excellent Ice, hell, even the light gee-gaws!) What you really can't fix is the dash MID but it is nothing great any way.
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2017, 00:07   #806
BHPian

Quote:

2.4 ZX MT
2.8 ZX AT

Buy the Gx AT if it is going to be even 20% owner driven. For driver driven, go for the MT.

As for the leather seats and trims, after market IMHO.

The temp control isn't a big deal. Can manage life without it.

I drive a ZX AT. And my advice.

Best regards
Siddharth
naga.sid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2017, 22:16   #807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
I would suggest AT. Cruising at 100kpH the engine would be turning over at a lazy 1700RPM and at 2000RPM the car would be chugging along at 120KPH.

Fuel efficiency is better for the MT no doubt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
FWIW, my opinion.

If you don't need the extra seat and don't mind the way the at drives, go for the AT. I love the way the Mt drives but it sorely misses the 6th gear. On my recent blr-Madhya Pradesh trip (4500km on largely very good roads) my Mt returned 11.5 kmpl. Don't think the at will be much worse. Might even be better given better power & the 6th cog.

If you can, definitely buy the Zx for the safety. Otherwise, the Gx AT offers all the technical advances of the new crysta & another 2 lacs will bring the interior up to meaningful luxury standards. (pure leather, excellent Ice, hell, even the light gee-gaws!) What you really can't fix is the dash MID but it is nothing great any way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by naga.sid View Post
Buy the Gx AT if it is going to be even 20% owner driven. For driver driven, go for the MT.

As for the leather seats and trims, after market IMHO.

The temp control isn't a big deal. Can manage life without it.

I drive a ZX AT. And my advice.

Best regards
Siddharth
Thanks to siddarth, sridhu and sankar for their advice on the decision of AT. We have booked the ZX instead of GX because of the following reasons

1. We can not compromise on safety, therefore 7 airbags is a must.

2. The ZX also offers other safety features like HAC, VSC, TC.

3. The auto climate control is a must.

4. We do not want to install anything aftermarket. Here us what happened to our old innova when we installed an aftermarket music system:

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img20170426wa0000.jpg

Look at the huge panel gap above the AC vent and yes, it can not be repaired.

5. Installing anything aftermarket voids the warranty of the car.

After the AT decision, we are in a new kind of confusion:

We will be out of town on 18, 19 and 20. So, we have two options-

1. Pay the dealer all of the money tomorrow without doing PDI(we cannot go to the showroom tomorrow) and get the delivery on 17.

Or

2. Pay them on 17 and do the PDI and get the delivery on 22

Please help me.

With Regards,
Shreyas Kumar Agarwal
Shreyas Agarwal is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2017, 22:19   #808
BHPian

Autocar India has come up with a first look video of Innova Touring Sport. I don't know what is wrong with people who will buy this chromed and blacked version of Innova for a premium of 70k?

Old 15th May 2017, 08:02   #809
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks to siddarth, sridhu and sankar for their advice on the decision of AT. We have booked the ZX instead of GX because of the following reasons
Congrats! Which colour?

Quote:
4. We do not want to install anything aftermarket. Here us what happened to our old innova when we installed an aftermarket music system:

Attachment 1638930

Look at the huge panel gap above the AC vent and yes, it can not be repaired.

5. Installing anything aftermarket voids the warranty of the car.
Wise decision. Installation and work quality is mostly a big let down in aftermarket. There are good installers but those are always few in number.

Panel gap is fixable no matter what the installer or the dealer may have told you. Its a clip not getting into its slot properly or something jamming from behind. If you still have the vehicle it can be fixed. That panel also is available as a spare if its broken.

Quote:
We will be out of town on 18, 19 and 20. So, we have two options-

1. Pay the dealer all of the money tomorrow without doing PDI(we cannot go to the showroom tomorrow) and get the delivery on 17.

Or

2. Pay them on 17 and do the PDI and get the delivery on 22
My suggestion take it slow, its a big purchase. See the car and make the payment.
Old 17th May 2017, 01:04   #810
BHPian

Congratulations on going for the ZX AT.

Wait for a few days but ensure PDI yourself. It's worth it.

On a slightly different note: I have been getting better mileage in the Normal mode compared to that in the Eco mode. The pickup helps cruise without accelerator in the normal mode.

Most Viewed