Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2017, 11:35   #811
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

What is the best suited tyre upgrade for 2.4GX version? I would like to know of any good HU for 2.4 GX. I need a simple double din music system that supports bluetooth, USB/memory card, button interface and more than everything awesome sound. I believe the speakers also need an upgrade.

Some other queries on 2.4 GX.
1. I am yet to test drive one, would like to know how the clutch feels in comparison to older Innova?
2. How are the services costs in comparison to old Innova?
3.Ground clearance is very important to me. How does Crysta fare in real world?
4. Anyone here using 2.4GX in Bangalore traffic? If yes what is the real world FE.

Last edited by PrideRed : 17th May 2017 at 11:37.
Old 17th May 2017, 13:31   #812
Senior - BHPian

I have the 2.4 Vx. So, I will answer only a few of your questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
What is the best suited tyre upgrade for 2.4GX version? I would like to know of any good HU for 2.4 GX. I need a simple double din music system that supports bluetooth, USB/memory card, button interface and more than everything awesome sound. I believe the speakers also need an upgrade.

Some other queries on 2.4 GX.
1. I am yet to test drive one, would like to know how the clutch feels in comparison to older Innova?
2. How are the services costs in comparison to old Innova?
Pretty similar. They upsell fairly agressively. Also, most of the x5k services are only inspection based.

Quote:
3.Ground clearance is very important to me. How does Crysta fare in real world?
Slightly better. However, the mudflaps do rub against speed bumps.

The only issue is that since the suspension is soft, it bottoms out more easily than the earlier innova.

Quote:
4. Anyone here using 2.4GX in Bangalore traffic? If yes what is the real world FE.
I get about 10.5 - 11.5 kmpl. (after 17500 km). Eco mode does not seem to matter all that much. I personally find it easier to drive in normal mode.

Dont expect more than that
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2017, 22:42   #813

does anyone know the reason for rear (captain seat head rest) having no adjustment points? Silly miss by Toyota for an an otherwise nice car
Old 22nd May 2017, 12:43   #814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post

Quoting my own previous post, they kept the car for 3 days with them as they had to wait for a part to arrive (Toyota Emblem at the front that broke as I rear ended a cab in B2B traffic). They had all the time in the world to understand, investigate, rectify the problem and validate it multiple times. I was even in constant touch with the SA to check whether the problem is fixed or not and they assured me that its fixed. And when I went there to collect the vehicle, to my utter shock, the rattling noise from the driver seat is not fixed at all and they are not even able to identify the rattling noise coming from the rear left door pad. Least to say, I am completely disappointed at their level of support. I ensured that I gave the right feedback and I received couple of calls again requesting me to drop the car again for two days. Also please note, that driver seat rattling noise is being addressed the second time. Details about the first time incident are mentioned in this post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4089587
Dropped the car for 20k service and along with that to fix the age old pending issue of the driver seat rattle. As expected, they told me that its rectified. Took a test drive along with the technician and showed him the sound again just by going over a small hump at reasonable slow speeds. Their theory is that the weight of the driver is at play here and they couldnt identify it when their technician took the test drive.

Nevertheless, the service centre head now admitted that there is a problem with the seat tracks and it will be replaced under warranty. As per him, the same problem was reported with another car and it was mainly due to the parts used for the seat tracks. Toyota made some updates and the parts have to be ordered, which will take couple of days for them to arrive. As I had to leave the next day for a long trip, I told them that I will get the car once I am back to Bangalore. It took me 4 attempts to let them understand the problem and finally I am relieved that the problem is found. Will update, once I get the new parts replaced.

The 20k service cost me Rs.8282. Along with the regular consumables, they also changed the Air Filter. I also asked them to check the brake pads as there was a squeaking sound coming when the brakes are applied. They are in good condition (front ones still have 6 MM and the back ones has around 4 MM left). Happy to report that squeak sound is no longer there from the brakes. Overall I am satisfied with the service experience with Toyota.
samabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2017, 10:59   #815
Senior - BHPian

I just picked up the Z model in manual last evening. Its a massive improvement from the previous Innova. I felt the gearbox was a bit tough n rubbery, maybe it gets better over time.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_1363.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_1364-1.jpg  

Fullrevs is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th June 2017, 14:13   #816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
I just picked up the Z model in manual last evening. Its a massive improvement from the previous Innova. I felt the gearbox was a bit tough n rubbery, maybe it gets better over time.
Congratulations!!

Request your view on how you arrived at the decision of buying:

1. Innova?

2. Z model in manual?

Also, what about GST impact? (dealership at my place has stopped selling in the wake of GST uncertainty!)
Old 15th June 2017, 17:13   #817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
Their theory is that the weight of the driver is at play here and they couldnt identify it when their technician took the test drive.

Nevertheless, the service centre head now admitted that there is a problem with the seat tracks and it will be replaced under warranty.
Had a similar experience on our Endeavour also, but it used to occur at a particular 'height' setting of the driver seat. They limited the travel of the seat to rectify it once, thereafter they changed some servo motor to finally remove the fault.
Moto$apien is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2017, 17:19   #818
Senior - BHPian

With just one week left for GST , what is the on-road price I can expect for Innova 2.4 GX in Bangalore? I am in lookout for a car to replace my 10 year old Innova G and have considered 2.4 GX as the replacement.
Old 26th June 2017, 13:27   #819

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post

Fuel efficiency is better for the MT no doubt.
Done close to 15K kms on the 2.8 AT. Consistently getting a mileage of 10.7 - 10.9km/L. In Bangalore city driving conditions and full time use of A/C, that is real cool, I thought. My earlier Innova G4 would only give me 9kms / Ltr. Or am I just a contented person :/
Libran10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2017, 20:26   #820

New prices are updated in Toyota official website. It's strange that people in Karnataka, where it is getting manufactured, have to pay INR 40K more for the top end Innova when compared with rest of India on Ex-Showroom price. For most of the other brands, state to state Ex-Showroom price variation is quite minimal

Last edited by SDP : 4th July 2017 at 21:46. Reason: minor typo
Old 5th July 2017, 06:32   #821
Senior - BHPian

Folks

Putting it out there:

Was trying to renew my insurance with the dealer. Since I have an rti, I wanted to have for as long as possible.

But the Toyota dealer (Nandi) gave me a quote for 70k for zero dep, b2b with IDV of 15.3 l and 73k for an rti, b2b but with IDV of 14.1 the former is 10% less than the ex showroom price & the latter 20%.

10% is the normal depreciation in automobiles for insurance for the first 6 years.

The strange thing is, the dealer won't shift the IDV for the rti policy even though I was willing to pay for the difference. (I think the IDV represents the reference value when selling a car and such a drop early on will affect resale value.may be illogical)

Not able get or think of a good explanation.

Zero dep outside is around 56k.

While premium itself at the dealer is high, please ignore that and tell me what you think I should do.

What did the other folks do?
Old 5th July 2017, 06:59   #822
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
But the Toyota dealer (Nandi) gave me a quote for 70k for zero dep, b2b with IDV of 15.3 l and 73k for an rti, b2b but with IDV of 14.1 the former is 10% less than the ex showroom price & the latter 20%.

10% is the normal depreciation in automobiles for insurance for the first 6 years.

I recently renewed my Innova Crysta insurance sometime in June. I have a insurance guy who takes care of all my insurances. This time he suggested Liberty Videocon and I went with it.

The IDV was retained at 18 lakhs though I did not opt for RTI. The premium I paid was ₹50779.

With RTI the quote was another 6-7 k more.

If you need any help with contact details PM.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 5th July 2017 at 07:10.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2017, 09:32   #823
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libran10 View Post
Done close to 15K kms on the 2.8 AT. Consistently getting a mileage of 10.7 - 10.9km/L. In Bangalore city driving conditions and full time use of A/C, that is real cool, I thought. My earlier Innova G4 would only give me 9kms / Ltr. Or am I just a contented person :/
I am happy with the FE of my 2.8GX too. But have read reports of 2.4 owners reporting better highway figures. I used to get a similar consumption reading on the MID in city traffic conditions.
Old 7th July 2017, 09:31   #824
BHPian

Booked Innova Crysta GX MT 8 Seater, day before yesterday.

My waiting for post GST prices proved worth (98,200 was the ex-showroom price reduction on GX model at Hyderabad).

Attaching the pic of the welcome docket provided by Toyota.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-t.jpg  

Old 7th July 2017, 12:11   #825
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I think it gets reduced every Year by a certain % most likely 10 %. You cannot get a higher IDV even if you pay extra.

Quote:
(I think the IDV represents the reference value when selling a car and such a drop early on will affect resale value.may be illogical)
No relations with resales, I am sure Toyota Innova will get higher resales than IDV most of times Just that in case of a total loss or theft, Insurance liability will be to maximum of ODV

By my experience better stick with Toyota dealer insurance even if expensive. If we don't buy from them, it becomes a big hassle at the time of settlement as they even don't accept DO letter from insurance and wait till funds are actually credited by insurance. Learnt this lesson recently.

Last edited by Turbanator : 7th July 2017 at 12:13.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed