Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2017, 14:59   #946
Team-BHP Support

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
not sure if there were any issues. I know of couple of people who have got aftermarket speakers installed without any issues
These can be fitted using spacers, not exactly a bolt on. Local guys at Auto shop offered IS 165TOY, this is amongst few speakers on the market where no wooden or plastic spacers are required. Priced around 32,000 for 4.

https://www.focal.com/en/car-audio/c...toyotar/165toy
Old 5th September 2017, 16:38   #947
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
These can be fitted using spacers, not exactly a bolt on. Local guys at Auto shop offered IS 165TOY, this is amongst few speakers on the market where no wooden
I guess, it's a component speaker system. So, you just need to buy one pair of these. And then opt for a normal coaxial speakers on the rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Highly recommend you to upgrade speakers in Innova.
Thanks for sharing the model number. I'm yet to buy an Innova Crysta. But, it's right up there on my wish list. I have done a test drive already and fell in love with it. I plan to take a crysta for rent during my Delhi visit in early Jan to get a better feel of the car. Even with the ICE, I have been doing a lot of research.

Did any of the Crysta owners try this out ? - https://www.amazon.in/Polk-Audio-DB6...rds=polk+audio

I have tried out brands like Kenwood, Pioneer, Alpine, infinity, Polk on my previous cars and none of them matched the quality of a Polk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
25000KM service was done last week. Cost was Rs.1871 which included checkup, wheel alignment and washing. Mid 5000KM service is only a checkup mostly.
Could you please share the complete split up of the bill ?
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 23:26   #948
BHPian

No offence to any of the owners, but the styling of the vehicle doesn't justify the price tag of this vehicle, more importantly, the rear section.
Spotted this Innova Crysta a few days back in Bangalore. Loved the way rear tail lights were done and especially, the indicators were replaced with the same coloured metal piece properly aligned with the rest of the body. If this would have been part of Innova Crysta, would have given a new character to the vehicle at par with the HEXA in styling front.
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_20170819_191832099min.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_20170819_191847017.jpg

P.S: Pardon me for the poor quality of images.
Highh5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 09:47   #949
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
Spotted this Innova Crysta a few days back in Bangalore. Loved the way rear tail lights were done and especially, the indicators were replaced with the same coloured metal piece properly aligned with the rest of the body. If this would have been part of Innova Crysta, would have given a new character to the vehicle at par with the HEXA in styling front.
Attachment 1672904
These are available as an accessory with Toyota dealer and costs about 10-13K. The same is listed in Amazon as well for 13K. All of them are likely to be sourced from aliexpress/alibaba.
PrideRed is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 10:41   #950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Toyota is in the process of updating the Innova Crysta range, as per an exclusive report by GaadiWaadi.
Toyota silently increases price of innova touring sport range by 1.15 lks. Don't know if they updated to mild hybrid versions yet.
Old 6th September 2017, 15:10   #951
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto View Post
Toyota silently increases price of innova touring sport range by 1.15 lks. Don't know if they updated to mild hybrid versions yet.
Isn't that due to the gst change? And I guess, it should have impacted all variants of crysta including touring sport.
Old 7th September 2017, 05:50   #952
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Isn't that due to the gst change?
No, that will change later once new cess rates and the effective date is announced by GST Council. Normally Toyota India revises prices around mid of Year but due to GST, this has got delayed. No wonder there are zero vehicles across all dealerships for deliveries.
Old 8th September 2017, 16:57   #953
BHPian

Upgraded the stock Bridgestone tyres (205/65/R16) to Michelin Primacy SUV (215/65/R16).
Here are some pics :

Both tyres side by side (The dusty one is the stock Bridgestone and the other one is the new Michelin Primacy).
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_3225.jpg

Front wheel well
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_3220.jpg

Back wheel well
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_3221.jpg

Front (After the change)
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_3230.jpg

Back (After the change)
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_3231.jpg

After driving more than 2000 KM after the change, I can safely say that the performance of the new Michelin tyres is great, and I am very happy with the change.

To the Moderators : A thread already exists for Innova Crysta tyre upgrade (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...de-thread.html), but I am posting here, as this thread is more active with owners and others who have interest on Innova Crysta. Please change my post to the appropriate thread, if you feel necessary. Thanks.

Last edited by vsun : 8th September 2017 at 17:18. Reason: To add a request to Moderators.
vsun is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th September 2017, 09:14   #954
BHPian

Updated price list of innova crysta in hyderabad.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20170909_090745.jpg  

Vulken Auto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2017, 16:24   #955
BHPian

Sorry for multiple posts, New touring sport brochures are out today. To justify price increase of 3+ lakhs otr, toyota has added new features in touring sport v and z variants.

Z AT variants will feature LED fog lights with black chrome decorations. In the manual VX trim, the Touring Sport will be offered with a six-speed gearbox as opposed to current five-speed unit. It will also gain Vehicle Stability Control, Hill Assistance Control and Intelligent Manual Transmission but no navigation

Revised touring sport editions will not have idle start and stop technology.

Last edited by Vulken Auto : 10th September 2017 at 16:37. Reason: Typed wrong
Vulken Auto is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2017, 17:57   #956

[ATTACH]Crysta and Fortuner getting a few changes from Sept - 2017. The details as shared by an showroom executive[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-innova-fortuner-sep17-improvement-change-points.jpg  

PATROL-HEAD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th September 2017, 18:46   #957
BHPian

My bad, sorry for the mess up. Idle Start/stop technology is present.How come they didnt highlight the feature much in brochure? Also navigation not present in petrol manual variants Forgot to mention they are back with 17 inch z alloys painted black.
Old 10th September 2017, 20:20   #958
Team-BHP Support

Toyota India website is updated with all the changes. They have reverted back to 17 Inch on Z variants.
Old 10th September 2017, 20:41   #959
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PATROL-HEAD View Post
[ATTACH]Crysta and Fortuner getting a few changes from Sept - 2017. The details as shared by an showroom executive[/ATTACH]
The driver seat height adjustment on G AT is a welcome change! One of my must haves is taken care of. If Toyota provides an optional safety pack for G AT with 7 airbags, ESC and Hill Assist, then G AT becomes the sensible choice for me. Else, I'll be forced to spend another 7 lakhs for the Z AT variant with the bells and whistles which probably is what Toyota wants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Toyota India website is updated with all the changes. They have reverted back to 17 Inch on Z variants.
Why would they do that !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
55 liter fuel tank (same as older Innova) is oddly shaped. Would've preferred a 60+ liter tank on a highway express:
As per the Toyota website specifications, it seems the Petrol Innova comes with 65 liters tank whereas the Diesel comes with 55 liters. They could have just given the same Petrol's fuel tank for the Diesel as well.

Last edited by moralfibre : 11th September 2017 at 09:53. Reason: As requested.
Old 11th September 2017, 22:48   #960
BHPian

Interesting to see TKM reverting back to 17 inch rims on the higher trims. Our ZX trim Crysta suffered a blowout with its 16 inch rims in a small pothole with just 600km on the tires. No idea how a pothole can cause a blowout especially at low speeds. Regardless, our experience with Toyota India has been very mediocre at best. Shall share more information when I have access to a computer (currently on mobile).

On a side note, I wonder if the new LED fog lights can be retrofitted on existing Crysta's. Will be a much welcome upgrade to the existing dull halogens.

Most Viewed