Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2017, 15:01   #1126
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
Start-Stop technology

The one point I can think of is continuous activity of this feature in .
There is a switch where you can off and on this feature. I keep it off at all times. It switches off the a/c in my c class at signals and i dont like my car start and stop @ 20 sec stops. I havent calculated mileage bonus with this feature and trust me you will hate it to core.
Old 15th December 2017, 15:54   #1127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto View Post
What I found was its better being in 5 gear if speed falls from 120 say 80 rather than being in 6 gear changing to 5 and 6. There is this booming sound coming in eco and normal modes below 80 and vehicle doesnt have the momentum to move forward like you need to change the gear. I definitely dont think its like i20 here.
Yes, I agree. If the speed falls from cruising speed, you need to change more often than say a 5 speed MT. Well, i20 has a short 6th ratio and thereby more forgiving with speed variation.

Can you please share the RPM at 100 and 120 kmph at 6th on your Touring Sport? I'm just curious to know.
Old 15th December 2017, 16:23   #1128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Yes, I agree. If the speed falls from cruising speed, you need to change more often than say a 5 speed MT. Well, i20 has a short 6th ratio and thereby more forgiving with speed variation.

Can you please share the RPM at 100 and 120 kmph at 6th on your Touring Sport? I'm just curious to know.
Well you are on impression that I have 6 speed but I have only 5 speed manual. I dont think toyota have launched 6 speed yet and might take a while to do so. I am just speculating the features based on my cars and yes its 2.2 lks expensive than a V variant.

Last edited by Vulken Auto : 15th December 2017 at 16:26.
Vulken Auto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 16:25   #1129
BHPian

Quote:
1) Pearl white is a notch above all paint colors available for crysta and also this particular shade is very popular here. It is very easy to maintain but very hard to match a patch.

2) Led fog lights is a very good add on if you dont use high beam in city.

5) I drive at 80-100 kmph and I have never seen captain seat passenger wear a seat belt.
1) I don’t like white cars at all, sir, but that’s my personal choice & there’s no room for any argument here.

2) Our 2.4 ZX was the first Innova Crysta in the country to be retrofitted with those LED fog lamps, and I must say that they are a boon in city traffic.

5) After a minor incident, I make sure everyone seated in the car is belted up, no matter how small the distance is, and I advise you to do the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Dogg72 View Post
If you're getting zx for vx touring money, go with zx because of the airbags and other small knick knacks. That's my suggestion. Safety should be the highest priority, not led fog lights haha ( but that's how India works)
+1

Quote:
What I found was its better being in 5 gear if speed falls from 120 say 80 rather than being in 6 gear changing to 5 and 6. There is this booming sound coming in eco and normal modes below 80 and vehicle doesnt have the momentum to move forward like you need to change the gear. I definitely dont think its like i20 here.
That booming sound that comes in when the revs drop a bit too much, mainly in 3rd gear, gives me a headache. It forces one to drop a cog, and given how rubbery the shifts are, it’s annoying. That is one of the main reasons why I like the AT over my MT.
I would however point out, that the engine isn’t as tractable as our XUV 5OO. One can’t just stay in any gear and continue to drive without downshifting on the Innova Crysta.
AShubrah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 18:57   #1130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dont think toyota have launched 6 speed yet and might take a while to do so.
I'm pretty sure the Touring Sport 2.4 diesel is 6 speed MT because my neighbour has one. I dread looking at those black alloys though but I'll still take it for the 6 speeder.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-screen-shot-20171215-6.54.07-pm.png

Check out this link: https://www.toyotabharat.com/showroo...touring-sport/
swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 19:25   #1131
Senior - BHPian

Older 2.4 Touring sport came with 5 Speed but new iterations(Post Sep 2017 manufactured) should come with 6 speed. The touring sport cost about 30-40K cheaper than 2.4 ZX. If top notch safety is your priority , look no further go and get a ZX. 6 Speed should offer you better cruisability and quieter cabin at higher speeds.
PrideRed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 19:55   #1132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
but I'll still take it for the 6 speeder.

Attachment 1706458

Even the iMT which is available on the 6 speed gearbox looks like an interesting technology for a smoother ride. -
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 20:20   #1133
BHPian

Quote:
I'm pretty sure the Touring Sport 2.4 diesel is 6 speed MT because my neighbour has one. I dread looking at those black alloys though but I'll still take it for the 6 speeder.

Attachment 1706458

Call toyota and find out yourself. It is yet to launch, thats what they told me last week.
Old 15th December 2017, 20:30   #1134
BHPian

Quote:
Call toyota and find out yourself. It is yet to launch, thats what they told me last week.
I booked my car in mid September, and they were already taking bookings of the updated Touring Sport back then.
Also, just to be very sure, I cross checked with my SA a couple of minutes ago & he said I could make a booking tomorrow if I wanted.
AShubrah is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 22:26   #1135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Finally booked a Silver GX AT to be delivered on 24th Aug i.e. on wife's birthday. Total discount managed is 1.25L. I wanted a 2018 car but was informed that with a 3% hike and almost no discounts post 31st Dec and so I would have ended paying about 1.5 to 2L more.
Congratulation Sparkled. That's a very good deal. After putting all my effort I could manage only half of it for a Zx AT . Is it a cash discount or Cash + accessories deal ?
ansumaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 22:37   #1136
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It's available and I have seen the 6 speed at the dealership in October itself.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...-speed-mt.html (Toyota Innova Touring Sport 2.4L diesel gets 6-speed MT)

Last edited by Vid6639 : 15th December 2017 at 22:44.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 23:04   #1137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansumaan View Post
Congratulation Sparkled. That's a very good deal. After putting all my effort I could manage only half of it for a Zx AT . Is it a cash discount or Cash + accessories deal ?
Yes it is an all cash discount. It has been a very good experience so far. I think I got lucky with my color choice (Silver) which was dispatched from the factory and will be arriving at the stock yard early next week. I have been promised about 5% discount on the accessories too. Only catch here was that I have taken their expensive quoted insurance and opted for the 3 year Toyota finance scheme. Maybe that is why they have agreed to give me that discount. So the quoted price for GX AT was 20.47L and with the 1.25L discount I am paying 19.22L.
SPARKled is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 23:51   #1138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
It's available and I have seen the 6 speed at the dealership in October itself.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...-speed-mt.html (Toyota Innova Touring Sport 2.4L diesel gets 6-speed MT)
Mine is manufactured in july 18. But I called toyota on their 1800 no a week back and they said they have only 5 mt and 6 auto gear box for touring sport. They also took my details and will let me know when available. I been to showroom last week for rubber mats but didnt bother to enquire. Any way thanks for the info , I was worried about spares for these limited editions.

Last edited by Vulken Auto : 15th December 2017 at 23:54.
Old 16th December 2017, 23:54   #1139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AShubrah View Post
2) Our 2.4 ZX was the first Innova Crysta in the country to be retrofitted with those LED fog lamps, and I must say that they are a boon in city traffic.

That looks simply marvelous. I will definitely be doing this to our Innova as well. Do you know if it's a simple plug and play retrofit or are there modifications required in terms of wiring? Our 2.7ZX has factory halogens but I've been waiting for LEDs to come out ever since I read the article back in September. I'd hate to void the factory warranty which is why I ask.

Thanks!
CrippledLucifer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2017, 01:21   #1140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrippledLucifer View Post
That looks simply marvelous. I will definitely be doing this to our Innova as well. Do you know if it's a simple plug and play retrofit or are there modifications required in terms of wiring? Our 2.7ZX has factory halogens but I've been waiting for LEDs to come out ever since I read the article back in September. I'd hate to void the factory warranty which is why I ask.

Thanks!
They are the exact same fog lamps that are now being offered in the Innova Crysta Touring Sport & the Fortuner, so there is absolutely no chance of voiding the factory warranty.
These Koito LED fog lamps are 100% plug n’ play & you can order them and get them fitted at your nearest T.A.S.S.
If at all they ask for the part number, it is as follows:
RHS - A-81210-48051
LHS - A-81220-48051
AShubrah is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks