Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2018, 17:43   #1486
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Have you accidentally switched it off? I encountered a similar situation, only to realize that parking sensor is switched off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
I am sure the defect is due to some other reason but there is a switch near the right knee of the driver's position on the dash board to switch on or switch off the parking sensor.
Oh I had no idea about this let me check and report back.
SPARKled is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2018, 15:28   #1487
BHPian

I wish the benevolence bestowed on lower variants of the Yaris could be extended to the G/GX variant of Innova too. Atleast a music player and auto AC.
Deep Blue is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th April 2018, 13:10   #1488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
I wish the benevolence bestowed on lower variants of the Yaris could be extended to the G/GX variant of Innova too. Atleast a music player and auto AC.
Agreed that an auto AC is an upmarket thing to have but I really prefer a manual AC in a car as the cooling knob decides what cooling to have in the cabin instead of a fake 18 or 20 degree on the auto AC that is never really 18 or 20 inside the cabin. Atlest this is what I have noticed and I am not sure if I am missing something here or a feature that I am not aware of that is present in an auto AC. Another import thing here is that a manual AC cools just as effectively with one less electronic thing to worry about especially as it is some thing that I use every time I use my car.

Does the current Toyota HU support Android Auto or Apple Car Play. IMHO these are absolutely a must in any modern car today. If not It's really a shame on Toyota to not provide these in a car that costs so much.
SPARKled is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2018, 10:38   #1489
BHPian

Planning to undertake a long drive from Delhi to Goa next month in my Crysta 2.8 AT. Shall update the ride quality on various sections of roads post that. Could someone suggest good roof racks for Crysta?
JSK22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2018, 10:52   #1490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSK22 View Post
Planning to undertake a long drive from Delhi to Goa next month in my Crysta 2.8 AT. Shall update the ride quality on various sections of roads post that. Could someone suggest good roof racks for Crysta?

Last I checked, Thule does not have the right footings for the Crysta.

Suggest you buy the Toyota rack & rail and pair it with a Thule box.

I have heard that cops in the North harass people for not having the roof rack 'modification' not endorsed in the RC book. Please check it out. I have not faced it in any of the Southern States
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2018, 11:23   #1491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Last I checked, Thule does not have the right footings for the Crysta.
Not sure whether I want to go for the roof box or just the rack above the cross bars. Box limits the quantity of luggage severely.

Last edited by ampere : 18th April 2018 at 11:53. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 18th April 2018, 18:50   #1492
BHPian

Quote:
Not sure whether I want to go for the roof box or just the rack above the cross bars. Box limits the quantity of luggage severely.
I would suggest to go with the one available as Toyota Genuine Accessory.
Link: https://www.toyotabharat.com/documents/brochures/acc-brochure-innova-crysta.pdf
I have had bad experiences with third party racks fitted from accessories shops in the past. Even if they state it as aluminum, the locks and brackets are still galvanized wrought iron which start rusting after a few months, damaging and scratching/denting the car body with it.
Moreover, Crysta doesn’t have roof rails hence the brackets needs to be fitted directly on the body and I have seen how the GA brackets snugs the car. Adding a picture to explain better (picture source TGA Brochure).
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-123.png
Lego28 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2018, 19:58   #1493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The advantage with a good box is the weather proofing of the luggage & security - you don't have to worry about your luggage when you leave the car & go, say for lunch.

Both advantages are sufficient, imo, to decide against the open luggage rack.

My Thule box has a luggage capacity of 80kg. I have never maxed it out despite using the car for 3 weddings.
Old 18th April 2018, 20:23   #1494
BHPian

Quote:
The advantage with a good box is the weather proofing of the luggage & security - you don't have to worry about your luggage when you leave the car & go, say for lunch.

Both advantages are sufficient, imo, to decide against the open luggage rack.

My Thule box has a luggage capacity of 80kg. I have never maxed it out despite using the car for 3 weddings.
Do you mind sharing a few details please such as source, cost and pic if that's not too much hassle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego28 View Post
I would suggest to go with the one available as Toyota Genuine Accessory.
Will be checking up with the Toyota guys here in Delhi tommorriw. I am also weighing options of Thule box as suggested by @ Sridhu above.

Last edited by manson : 18th April 2018 at 20:44. Reason: Please avoid back to back posts by using the edit tab whilst posting within an interval of 20 minutes.
Old 19th April 2018, 06:15   #1495
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Agreed that an auto AC is an upmarket thing to have but I really prefer a manual AC in a car as the cooling knob decides what cooling to have in the cabin instead of a fake 18 or 20 degree on the auto AC that is never really 18 or 20 inside the cabin.
Even that depends on the AC's effectiveness. Most Indian and Japanese cars have strong AC's, I usually do not go below 24 and usually keep it at 25/26 in a Scorpio, new Swift, Ford Endeavor to name a few, but bring in a Skoda, even Hyundai/Renault and the AC's will struggle to keep you cool at 22, so it entirely boils down to AC's effectiveness in cooling and not because of an automatic climate control function.
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2018, 08:39   #1496
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do you mind sharing a few details please such as source, cost and pic if that's not too much hassle.

Will be checking up with the Toyota guys here in Delhi tommorriw. I am also weighing options of Thule box as suggested by @ Sridhu above.
My set up is quite old - bought in 2005 along with my Innova. Costed me about 30k for the full kit.

It has weathered time beautifully and it is (largely) independent of the vehicle. So, worth it imo.

I just checked Thule India site and had the shock of my life!

The equivalent of my box is 55k! I think it is too expensive but if you use it a lot, it might be still worth it.

I spoke to Thule India about bike carriers and they came up with a good tow bar mount option.

But Ravindu Toyota says they can't fix a tow bar

Any options or advice?

Mail from Thule

We have tow bar carriers in stock. Your Toyota dealer will help you to install a tow bar to your Crysta. Please click on the below link to know more about the carrier.

https://www.carpowergrid.com/thule-h...-bike-carrier/

Last edited by Samurai : 19th April 2018 at 08:43. Reason: back-to-back post
Old 19th April 2018, 10:06   #1497
BHPian

Quote:
My set up is quite old - bought in 2005 along with my Innova. Costed me about 30k for the full kit.

It has weathered time beautifully and it is (largely) independent of the vehicle. So, worth it imo.

I just checked Thule India site and had the shock of my life!

The equivalent of my box is 55k! I think it is too expensive but if you use it a lot, it might be still worth it.

I spoke to Thule India about bike carriers and they came up with a good tow bar mount option.

But Ravindu Toyota says they can't fix a tow bar

Any options or advice?

Mail from Thule

We have tow bar carriers in stock. Your Toyota dealer will help you to install a tow bar to your Crysta. Please click on the below link to know more about the carrier.

https://www.carpowergrid.com/thule-h...-bike-carrier/
Regarding Bike Carrier-I have a Thule product. 3 bike carrier. Cost me around 8 k. Very nice quality and easily set up. I have driven in the hills with 2 cycles strapped to my Swift. And the carrier didn't disappoint. You may check that out.
Old 19th April 2018, 10:40   #1498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Even that depends on the AC's effectiveness. Most Indian and Japanese cars have strong AC's, I usually do not go below 24 and usually keep it at 25/26 in a Scorpio, new Swift, Ford Endeavor to name a few, but bring in a Skoda, even Hyundai/Renault and the AC's will struggle to keep you cool at 22, so it entirely boils down to AC's effectiveness in cooling and not because of an automatic climate control function.
My point of contention is that the temperatures displayed on the AC display do not actually display the correct ambient temperature inside. A 25 26 degrees in the hot sun may never really be comfortable in reality. The AC is actually working much harder than what is being displayed.
SPARKled is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2018, 10:48   #1499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
even Hyundai/Renault and the AC's will struggle to keep you cool at 22, so it entirely boils down to AC's effectiveness in cooling and not because of an automatic climate control function.
Hyundai used to have aircons that suck big time. For instance the old i20. The Elite i20 that I drive daily, the temperature is always set at 25, even 25.5 during the hottest time of the day when the temperature outside is like 36 degrees and I feel absolutely cool inside. I reckon Hyundai use bigger compressors.
swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2018, 11:06   #1500

Hi,

I have been a reader of this forum for many years and been following this thread for past few months.

I had decided to buy. Ford Fiesta Classic based on a review here back in 2012, followed by an Innova in 2015. Both the cars were on corporate lease. I recently sold the old Innova to upgrade to Crysta, also on lease.

Thanks to all the discussions on this thread, I have finally decided to go ahead with a Touring Sport Wildfire Red - basically for the colour scheme. The lease process is WIP right now.

I had considered Tata Hexagon as well, buy overall space and reliability made the difference. We travel mostly by car and do not travel light!

I am also looking at finalizing accessories and have the following in mind:
1. Rear bike protector
2. Side visor
3. Sunfilm - going for a very light one
4. 360° camera parking assist (given wife will also be driving)
5. 3M door handle insert

I would appreciate any feedback on the above. I hope to finalize by today/ tomorrow so I can go ahead with PO etc.

Most Viewed