Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2018, 21:58   #1681
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mu009 View Post
Also, any options for "logo lights" which can be inserted into the space for puddle lamps?
I personally find those logo light options to be rather tacky, even though high end manufacturers are starting to offer them on their vehicles. In any case, I'm afraid I don't have any sources for those as I did not look for them.
CrippledLucifer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 22:56   #1682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrippledLucifer View Post
I personally find those logo light options to be rather tacky, even though high end manufacturers are starting to offer them on their vehicles. In any case, I'm afraid I don't have any sources for those as I did not look for them.
Absolutely agree - whether it's an aftermarket piece on a Toyota, or a OEM one in a Range Rover, I think they're not only entirely unnecessary, but also tacky.
With the possible exception of the new Lincoln Navigator.

But as I said, a friend wanted them. Hence I asked.
I see that they're available for the "courtesy lights" under the door (also puddle lamps in my book). I imagine that they can be used for the mirrors as well, provided the mounts are the same.
Mu009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 23:51   #1683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mu009 View Post
Absolutely agree - whether it's an aftermarket piece on a Toyota, or a OEM one in a Range Rover, I think they're not only entirely unnecessary, but also tacky.

With the possible exception of the new Lincoln Navigator.

But as I said, a friend wanted them. Hence I asked.

I see that they're available for the "courtesy lights" under the door (also puddle lamps in my book). I imagine that they can be used for the mirrors as well, provided the mounts are the same.

It may be possible, however there's a frosted plastic lens below the bulb itself so as to protect it from any damage from the elements or otherwise. That may cause some form of distortion in the logo.

The bulbs used in the door "courtesy lights" (I also call them puddle lights lol), as well as the ORVMs among many other interior lamps are the same T10 W5Ws that I sent you in my PM.
CrippledLucifer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2018, 22:17   #1684

Re: Cruise Control Installed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Attachment 1778895

I installed cruise control in my Crysta GX automatic. Did the roadtest today and it is working. It was a DIY - from start to finish. Probably the only GX in India with a Cruise control.

Only ZX and touring sport has cruise control right? Does VX have?

Hi. Could you please tell me as to where did you source all parts for your Cruise Control Install. Also how much did it cost you in total?
Old 4th October 2018, 12:20   #1685
Senior - BHPian

Getting my 2nd Crysta home in couple of days. I sold my 11 year old Innova and was looking for replacement. Given I already have 1 Crysta, was looking for something else and only thing that got me interested was Compass. Took a test drive and the car did not meet me and my families expectation. While lack of space was the biggest downer for the family, I personally did not like the drive as well. I could not find those extra 20-25 horses compared to the Crysta and you sit quite low. Did not give that big car feeling as well. Sturdy body and slick shift were the plus points.

Was confused between 2.8 and 2.4, given my usage have gone with latter. The updated GX made it easy to drop the VX. ZX is the one to go, but 6lac premium somehow did not seem worth to me. Somebody asked me, why do you want to drive 2 Crysta, well I am happy with the product, suits my needs perfectly and family loves the comfort.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img20181003wa0020.jpg

Last edited by PrideRed : 4th October 2018 at 12:43.
PrideRed is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 14:10   #1686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Getting my 2nd Crysta home in couple of days.

Was confused between 2.8 and 2.4, given my usage have gone with latter. The updated GX made it easy to drop the VX. ZX is the one to go, but 6lac premium somehow did not seem worth to me. Somebody asked me, why do you want to drive 2 Crysta, well I am happy with the product, suits my needs perfectly and family loves the comfort.

Attachment 1804820
Congratulations!

One query, now with updated base model why didn't you consider automatic version? Earlier automatic base version was bare-bone (and there is no mid version in auto gearbox!)

Is it 7 or 8 seaters?
kbishwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 14:50   #1687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbishwa View Post
Congratulations!

One query, now with updated base model why didn't you consider automatic version? Earlier automatic base version was bare-bone (and there is no mid version in auto gearbox!)

Is it 7 or 8 seaters?
I went in my current Crysta and test drove the Auto box again, found the manual more responsive/engaging. Yes, Auto box is more convenient, but my usage is mostly on highway. Out of 20K KM i clocked in my current Crysta, nearly 18K is on highway. I don't really miss Auto box here plus I have Endeavor to make up for that. Add to that the manual delivers fantastic FE. Since my current one is 8 seater, going with 7 seater on new one.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2018, 13:46   #1688
BHPian

Sent my Crysta for its second service. This time the dealer, Shinrai Toyota, offered to have it picked up for service and dropped off. I did not remove the navigation chip as I find it quite bothersome. When they sent the car back, the guy who delivered the car gave the chip to me saying it had been removed for service. When I reinserted the chip the Navigation would not work and I got some error message. My working chip has probably been replaced by a faulty one. When I called the dealer they said they have not done anything besides remove the chip and hand it to me.

Firstly I don't understand what is the need to have this annoying practice of removing the chip every time the car goes to the workshop. No other manufacturer does it, then why toyota. I mean can't they just have enough checks in place in their workshop so that it is not tampered with in the first place.

Apparently the replacement cost is around 15K for the chip. Not that I use the silly navigation, since google maps is way better. But I do not like that error msg showing on my screen while using the entertainment unit. What should I do?
manishk123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2018, 14:33   #1689
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
Firstly I don't understand what is the need to have this annoying practice of removing the chip every time the car goes to the workshop. No other manufacturer does it, then why toyota. I mean can't they just have enough checks in place in their workshop so that it is not tampered with in the first place.

Apparently, the replacement cost is around 15K for the chip. Not that I use the silly navigation since google maps is way better. But I do not like that error msg showing on my screen while using the entertainment unit. What should I do?
I agree it's something like Dealership removing front fascia from stereos in the old days. How difficult is for them to just add a comment on the Job card in case the same is missing as they mention about scratches or toolkit etc.

I believe you will be covered under warranty as long as there is no physical damage or you have not lost the chip.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2018, 15:26   #1690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I agree it's something like Dealership removing front fascia from stereos in the old days. How difficult is for them to just add a comment on the Job card in case the same is missing as they mention about scratches or toolkit etc.

I believe you will be covered under warranty as long as there is no physical damage or you have not lost the chip.
I too hate this. My car has generous tool kit at the back, an umbrella, pend drive, spare mobile etc. Everytime I go to service it's pain to keep all of them back at home. I lost a pen drive in Ecosport, and recently lost a micro SD card(Must have kept it somewhere, haven't found till date).
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2018, 15:33   #1691
BHPian

I just got back from a 1000+km trip in my 2018 Crysta ZX Automatic almost all of which was on the highway except for a few stretches inside cities. All through the trip, while the ride was excellent, I did not get a mileage of more than 11kmpl, although given the roads, I was doing fairly high speeds (details of which would not be permitted on the forum). Is this normal? If anyone has any other experiences, please share the same.

Thank you
vanam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2018, 15:40   #1692
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanam View Post
I just got back from a 1000+km trip in my 2018 Crysta ZX Automatic almost all of which was on the highway except for a few stretches inside cities. All through the trip, while the ride was excellent, I did not get a mileage of more than 11kmpl, although given the roads, I was doing fairly high speeds (details of which would not be permitted on the forum). Is this normal? If anyone has any other experiences, please share the same.

Thank you
Your high speeds are the reason behind the mileage you got. I believe Cruising speeds upto 100 would ideally result in the best economy. In my Pajero the best economy is of you drive between 80 and 90, anything above 100 causes the mileage to come down.

Also check for tyre pressures, were they as per specifications. Lower tyres pressures can cause drastic reduction in mileage.
Traveler is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th October 2018, 15:51   #1693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Your high speeds are the reason behind the mileage you got. I believe Cruising speeds upto 100 would ideally result in the best economy. In my Pajero the best economy is of you drive between 80 and 90, anything above 100 causes the mileage to come down.

Also check for tyre pressures, were they as per specifications. Lower tyres pressures can cause drastic reduction in mileage.

I agree on the speed bit and that does seem to be the issue, although my previous vehicle, the XUV500 used to give about 3-4 km/litre more at comparable speeds. One other thing that I found annoying was the low tank capacity of this car. The tank capacity necessitates fairly regular refuelling stops. Tyre pressures were as per specifications and the ride comfort was excellent and far far superior to the XUV.
vanam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2018, 13:55   #1694
Senior - BHPian

Anybody here got Mirrorlink working? I connected my Galaxy S7, phone detects mirrorlink but nothing appears on HU. The Mirrorlink option is also greyed out.
Old 13th November 2018, 17:53   #1695

Re: Cruise Control Installed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Attachment 1778895

I installed cruise control in my Crysta GX automatic. Did the roadtest today and it is working. It was a DIY - from start to finish. Probably the only GX in India with a Cruise control.

Only ZX and touring sport has cruise control right? Does VX have?
Buddy, could you please share more details on the same, which steering cover you used, also did you use 84632-34011 model cruise control?

Last edited by manson : 13th November 2018 at 18:00.

Most Viewed