Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2018, 23:18   #1696
BANNED

Re: Cruise Control Installed

Quite a few developments on my Crysta since July 2018 until now.

In August I put Bilstein B6 on it. Sourced through a friend in Cochin (just a week before the dreaded flood). The first B6 equipped Crysta in the country.
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img20180815wa0023.jpg
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img20180809wa0043.jpg

Some nice seats, full genuine leather.
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20181011_130239.jpg
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20181011_130226.jpg

A genuine TRD gearknob in sort of matching color to the seats.
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20181020_161228.jpg
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20181020_161234.jpg

OT: Loaded with some relief materials for the flood affected, the vehicle. Didn't have third row then, now its bolted back in place.
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img20180819wa0052.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyagarwal View Post
did you use 84632-34011 model cruise control?
Yes thats the one.
Sankar is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 15th November 2018, 00:17   #1697
BHPian

Re: Door Pads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Quite a few developments on my Crysta since July 2018 until now

Some nice seats

That’s an amazing car you’ve got there.
Have been following this thread since the beginning so have seen your car from it being bone stock to a crazy truck that can give a lot of germans a run for their money

The seats look fantastic on your car but your door cards are rather plain.
Have you thought about getting the armrests on the doors padded and wrapped and in leather?

It will make the doors look soo much more appealing and will also be more comfortable to rest your elbow.
Pratyush2407 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2018, 08:59   #1698
BANNED

Some more minor upgrades.

Sony 4 channel class D amp. Its compact and it sits behind the stereo and bought it from Muneem the day I picked up Bilstein. This can take power supply from the stereo harness, but once I gave it its dedicated fused line to the battery it really started to sing. Its a great little amp for my listening which does not involve a sub. Definitely better than not being amped and driven by headunit.
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img20181029wa0002.jpg

Steering mounted audio controls. Very useful and convenient. Now that I have it I know what I've been missing these 2.5 years with my van.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img20181026wa0002.jpg

The car has done 42000KMs until now and also got the first puncture on the Michelin P3ST 225/55/17 couple of weeks ago on the rear left wheel. Apart from that no problems with the stock 17 inch alloys or these tyres which has been through all kinds of roads from good roads to non existent broken roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratyush2407 View Post
That’s an amazing car you’ve got there.
Have been following this thread since the beginning so have seen your car from it being bone stock to a crazy truck that can give a lot of germans a run for their money

The seats look fantastic on your car but your door cards are rather plain.
Have you thought about getting the armrests on the doors padded and wrapped and in leather?

It will make the doors look soo much more appealing and will also be more comfortable to rest your elbow.
Thanks man!
I agree the door cards too need an upgrade. I will see to it during the phase 2 of leather works which includes the 3rd row (wasn't being used until last week), the steering and also the door cards.

Last edited by Sankar : 15th November 2018 at 09:03.
Sankar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th November 2018, 10:29   #1699
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

@sankar Please dont do the steering wheel leather - voids warranty of airbag as per Toyota. Stanley also warned me.

Not worth it, if it costs safety IMO
sridhu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2018, 11:09   #1700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
@sankar Please dont do the steering wheel leather - voids warranty of airbag as per Toyota. Stanley also warned me.

Sridhu, are you sure of this? Nandi Toyota do this and so does Ovion leather. I got it done from Devraj and there is No removal of steering or Airbag module. If this is true i might drop plans of adding cover to my 2nd Crysta. As per Devraj he has done this on several Crysta and Nandi/Ravindu have got done these from him.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2018, 11:49   #1701
Senior - BHPian

Yes @PrideRed, unfortunately, Nandi Toyota confirmed that it does indeed void warranty and advised me against doing it.

Surprisingly, they only said this when I explicitly asked them. (I had trouble with Stanley - documented elsewhere in this forum and was trying to confirm what Stanley was saying)

Last edited by sridhu : 15th November 2018 at 11:50.
sridhu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2018, 11:59   #1702
BANNED

Another pic of the seats showing the perforations in the leather and the ISOFIX mounts which has been retained alongwith its logo for OE look and functionality.
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20181011_130217.jpg
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20181010_191512.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post

The safety concern probably rises from not using correct method to remove the airbag wire (it has a lock) and not correctly plugging it back (and locking) while re-installing; or even not clipping the airbag module back properly into the steering's aluminum frame if its removed.
Sankar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th November 2018, 13:52   #1703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The safety concern probably rises from not using correct method to remove the airbag wire (it has a lock) and not correctly plugging it back (and locking) while re-installing; or even not clipping the airbag module back properly into the steering's aluminum frame if its removed.
Are you intending to add leather to hornpad as well? I got done for my Crysta and this was done without removing Airbag module or the steering.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/banga...ngalore-7.html
Old 15th November 2018, 14:53   #1704
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Are you intending to add leather to hornpad as well? I got done for my Crysta and this was done without removing Airbag module or the steering.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/banga...ngalore-7.html

Not the hornpad which is part of the airbag module. I'm getting only the rim done but not on GX steering. Need to source OE wooden type leather wheel and then get the original leather wrapping removed and replace it with custom color leather to match the interior.
Old 18th November 2018, 13:37   #1705
BHPian

I saw a brand new Innova Crysta yesterday and noticed a change in the tail lamp cluster. It seems Toyota has done away with the reversing lamp on the RHS tail lamp cluster.

They seem to have recently given (yet) another price hike, but added some features as well. But it looks like they have also taken away something.

This is one thing I noticed. Not sure of what else has gone missing.

The new Innova Crysta (with the reversing light white portion patched up with red glass) -

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-new.jpg

The (relatively) old Innova Crysta with reversing lamps on both LHS and RHS clusters -

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-old.jpg
OrangeCar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th November 2018, 14:07   #1706
BHPian

@sankar - fixing Cruise Control on GX - does it not void warranty from Toyota?
Old 18th November 2018, 14:15   #1707
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Q

In August I put Bilstein B6 on it. Sourced through a friend in Cochin (just a week before the dreaded flood). The first B6 equipped Crysta in the country.
Quote:
Sony 4 channel class D amp. Its compact and it sits behind the stereo and bought it from Muneem the day I picked up Bilstein. This can take power supply from the stereo harness, but once I gave it its dedicated fused line to the battery it really started to sing. Its a great little amp for my listening which does not involve a sub. Definitely better than not being amped and driven by headunit.
Can you share the costs and the part number for the shocks? I can't find anything listed for Innova. Does it make any noticeable difference in the ride/ handling?

And same for the sony, the model number will be helpful. I do have upgraded speakers but it appears they don't get enough power from the OE head unit. I too don't like the sub.

Last edited by Turbanator : 18th November 2018 at 14:18.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2018, 14:34   #1708
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCar View Post
I saw a brand new Innova Crysta yesterday and noticed a change in the tail lamp cluster. It seems Toyota has done away with the reversing lamp on the RHS tail lamp cluster.

The new Innova Crysta (with the reversing light white portion patched up with red glass) -

That must be the Rear Fog lamp added

Last edited by benbsb29 : 19th November 2018 at 05:22. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
spkingsley is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2018, 20:41   #1709
BHPian

Next month will be a year for my Toyota Innova Touring Sport. The vehicle is performing flawlessly, and I am enjoying it each time I take it on long drives. Really like the bucket seats (although at times the 8th seat in a bench model is missed), since they are very comfortable on long drives. Have been maintaining 35 psi on all 4 tyres since, the roads are very bad in patches due to road construction going on. FE has been raging from 12.4 kmpl to 13.8 kmpl in a combination of city and highway drives with 100% AC and around 100 kmph with cruise control set (during long drives). I do get asked every so often about the Touring Sport edition version, how is it different than the regular Crysta. Next month it will be coming up for the 3rd free service.

Maybe I never noticed it earlier, but today after a long drive and having the front & rear AC on throughout, noticed that some water was dripping from around the rear right wheel. Called up Toyota Service and they informed me that for the rear AC in Innova vehicles, the condenser / evaporator unit is located around the rear right wheel, so it is normal for water to leak from that area at times. Any pointers are welcome.

I now need to renew the insurance for my Touring Sport. For my other 2 cars, I have got Tata AIG Pearl Plan. Currently for my Toyota Innova Touring Sport, I have the Toyota Insurance that came along with the new vehicle. Looking for thoughts to understand if I should continue with Toyota insurance or renew it with Tata AIG (Pearl Plan). I have also been getting mailers from American Express insurance but not sure of the service etc. I have not yet checked and compared the difference in renewal rates between Toyota Insurance and Tata AIG, but pointers and suggestions welcomed.
geotracks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2018, 21:00   #1710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
Next month will be a year for my Toyota Innova Touring Sport. The vehicle is performing flawlessly, and I am enjoying it each time I take it on long drives.
Very correct. The AC water outlet pipe for the rear unit is located at the right wheel arch. Thus the dripping of water at that place.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 19th November 2018 at 05:21. Reason: Trimmed quoted post, as the original post is on the same page.
drritwik is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed