Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2018, 20:20   #1741
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSK22 View Post
Planning to undertake a long drive from Delhi to Goa next month in my Crysta 2.8 AT. Shall update the ride quality on various sections of roads post that. Could someone suggest good roof racks for Crysta?

I have the Thule crossbars on my Innova (sourced the entire kit from Methods Automotive in Bangalore) to which I've fitted a Modula Ciao 340 lt roof box (from Hot Tracks, Bangalore).
Old 27th December 2018, 15:05   #1742
Senior - BHPian

Anyone using Mirrorlink in Innova Crysta? I am unable to activate it. Also found that phonelink in my other Crysta's blaupunkt unit is also not working. Checked with Samsung S7 and Oneplus 3T, no luck. Any thoughts as what could the potential problem be?
Old 27th December 2018, 15:56   #1743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
hi all, I was driving a Crysta ZX (2.4) MT variant and I noticed that gear lever was shaking terribly while idling. I was told that this was normal for the Innova. Also the gear had so much play, I couldn't slot it perfectly. If this is how it is, then its a big let down for a car costing 25lakh!
Hi Pavan,

Unfortunately what you have been told, and @PrideRed and @Sankar have said are true. It boils down to the transmission setup in such cars. Smaller MPVs like Ertiga, Mobilio etc. have transversely mounted engine with gear shifters connected with cables, that are connected to the gearbox that is not physically placed near it. For longitudinal setups, like in Innova, Scorpio etc. the gear lever is placed directly over the gearbox. As a result, they will be plagued with the perk, as funnily quipped by @drritwik
Overlander is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st December 2018, 20:42   #1744

According to my Toyota dealer Ravindu Toyota, MirrorLink is not supported in Innova Crysta for all models
Old 9th January 2019, 20:33   #1745
BHPian

hello folks

I made a recent post on the Innova Crysta tire upgrade thread Link (Toyota Innova Crysta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread)
To reach out to better audience, I carry the post in this thread too. Would appreciate.
@Mods, if re-posting on another thread warrants penalty, please remove this post.

Quote:
I find the following, whereas according to Toyota specification, the laden weight is 2460 kg (for the GX MT variant, 2480 kg for AT variant ) that the load index of stock tires, for example, Bridgestone B390 is 205/65R16 95H, is "95" which can handle a load capacity of just 690 Kg. By common sense, if I multiply by 4 (for 4 tires) the load capacity comes to just 2760 kg which is just 300 kg more than the laden weight.
When the Innova Crysta, then travels with full load, say 7 or 8 folks with an average weight of say 70 kg (just an assumption) and a luggage load of say 50 kg (say) , approx ~ 600 kg more than the laden weight, the total load comes to 2460+600 kg = 3010 kg which is roughly 250 kg shorter than the calculated load capacity.

OTOH, I used to own a Xylo and stock tires were Bridgestone Dueler D693II A/T 215/75 R15 and its load index is 100 which translates to 800 kg per tire which means, for 4 tires the load capacity is 3200 kg whereas the minimum laden weight is 2495 kg (picked from Xylo H series manual) and there seems to be sufficient difference of approx ~700kg.

Could this explain the reason behind the tire bursts seen on smaller side walled tires (16" or 17" rim sizes)?

Should then we look for higher load index tires? I am unable to find higher load index tires for 205/65R16 or 215/65R16 that come with say load index 100. The Michelin Latitude Force tire's load index is not mentioned on Michelin's website, even then, the cost per tire is 10000/- (too exhorbitant, can you share your price if you have fitted them? ). And BTW, Bridgestone Dueler D689 H/T comes with 98 which is around 750 kg per tire. Any suggestions for 215/65 R16 size tires with around 100 load index (800 kg per tire)?

thanks in advance
Old 9th January 2019, 21:24   #1746
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_rajesh View Post
hello folks

I carry the post in this thread too.
Max-Kerb Weight Toyota Innova - ZX- Auto - 1870 Kg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-11.jpeg

https://www.toyotabharat.com/showroom/innova/

Considering an extreme case of fully loaded Car with 8 Passengers weighing average 90 Kg = 720 Kg Plus say 100 Kg luggage = 820 Kg

Gross Weight = 1870 + 820 = 2690 Kg (Although as per Toyota Maximum gross weight listed is 2450 Kg for 7 Seater and 2460 for 8 seater)

Tyre Rating-95 - 690 Kg x 4 = 2760 kg

So, you will be still good for an additional 100 Kg or so

Tyre load rating vs. total car weight

By knowing the maximum load for one tyre, we can easily calculate the maximum total weight of our vehicle.

If the tyre load rating is 91T, it means that the load on the tyre shall not exceed 615 kg.

If you multiply the number of kilograms acting on one tyre by the number of tyres in your vehicle, you will get a value slightly higher than the total maximum weight of the vehicle.

https://www.oponeo.co.uk/tyre-article/tyre-load-rating

Last edited by Turbanator : 9th January 2019 at 21:27.
Turbanator is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 11th January 2019, 20:16   #1747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post

So, you will be still good for an additional 100 Kg or so

Tyre load rating vs. total car weight

By knowing the maximum load for one tyre, we can easily calculate the maximum total weight of our vehicle.

If the tyre load rating is 91T, it means that the load on the tyre shall not exceed 615 kg.

If you multiply the number of kilograms acting on one tyre by the number of tyres in your vehicle, you will get a value slightly higher than the total maximum weight of the vehicle.

https://www.oponeo.co.uk/tyre-article/tyre-load-rating
Thanks Turbanator.
"The load rating of a tyre multiplied by number of wheels" concept is what I too did use as well. But I had misinterpreted Gross Weight Rating as the weight without passengers and luggage and hence my confusion.

Hi all,
I had already bargained 70000/- discount on ex showroom for a dec manufactured unit. On accessories front, I could not get any free accessory other than rubber mats and mudflaps.

Some of the functional accessories that I am interested to purchase are

ACCESSORY with PRICE
1 FRONT PARKING SENSOR Rs. 6500
2 REVERSE CAMERA Rs. 7000
3 REAR BIKE PROTECTOR(ALUMINIUM) Rs. 8200
4 SECURITY SYSTEM Rs. 8766
5 FOOT REST Rs. 16599
6 FOG LAMP Rs. 11697
7 REAR BUMPER STEP GUARD Rs. 5460
TOTAL AMOUNT Rs. 64222
DISCOUNT at 14% Rs. 8991
PAYABLE Rs. 55231
8 UNDER CHASSIS COATING Rs. 4400
9 EXTENDED WARRANTY (5 years 140,000km) Rs. 23364

I trust the prices are toyota genuine prices. Have you obtained better discount on accessories from dealers? Please share.
Old 11th January 2019, 22:29   #1748
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_rajesh View Post
I had already bargained 70000/- discount on ex showroom for a dec manufactured unit.
Congrats on the vehicle. 70 K is almost the margin and Toyota normally does not give a penny extra to dealers. So you are good

Quote:
ACCESSORY with PRICE
I doubt all the accessories are from Toyota, maybe a good idea to recheck, sometimes dealers sell their own but give warranty and also take care of vehicle warranty.
my comments -

1 FRONT PARKING SENSOR Rs. 6500- Can omit, given the visibility from seat, but if you are a new driver to such large vehicle can opt. Don't they have something with camera.

2 REVERSE CAMERA Rs. 7000 - Recommended

3 REAR BIKE PROTECTOR(ALUMINIUM) Rs. 8200 - There is one from Toyota that might be expensive and even does not hold good when something hits at a force. However it looks good.

4 SECURITY SYSTEM Rs. 8766 - Why will you need a security system- the car comes standard with Auto lock and some alarms are already there. If you park in open or are worried, I will instead pick something mechanical. That way, I won't let anyone mess-up with electronics etc on a new car. Definitely think of alternatives.

5 FOOT REST Rs. 16599 - Not required. Even if you have elders, give them some time to getting used to. Innova is one car recommended for Elders and has some great access. If you must, then keep decision pending for couple of weeks. Besides, I am not sure how will this look aesthetically.

6 FOG LAMP Rs. 11697 - OEM ones including LED are hardly useful. Instead lookout for something better in market which can properly light up. Check some other posts here.

7 REAR BUMPER STEP GUARD Rs. 5460 - Definitely No. Can you actually make passengers sit from the rear? I thought they have stopped making those type of seats. Why will you need a step guard.

8 UNDER CHASSIS COATING Rs. 4400 - Toyota uses some of the best steels and protects it well. If you go to service center, check any old Innova from 10-15 Years back. Rust is the last thing you will ever find. Have a look at the under body of the new car, it's so clean that you will appreciate the way they things put together. Please do check yourself, before you decide otherwise.

9 EXTENDED WARRANTY (5 years 140,000km) Rs. 23364 - Recommended. But you have to follow the manufacturer service else they will not give any claims.

They have a new Connect App, get your car registered and it will be useful for service alerts.

14 % or so discount on accessories - Genuine Toyota is good.

All the best for your new Vehicle

Last edited by Turbanator : 11th January 2019 at 22:35.
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2019, 00:56   #1749
BHPian

Toyota Innova Crysta generates Rs 2,200 crore business in December

11,200 bookings received in December - almost double the average monthly volumes the company did over the last calendar year.

Quote:

December 2018 have witnessed high orders to the extent of 11,000 plus for Innova Crysta.
India’s largest selling MPV Toyota Innova Crysta has been able to generate more excitement in the brand and has managed to secure over 11,200 bookings and generate business of over Rs 2,200 crore in the month of December alone, despite new competition in the segment.

The bookings received in December is almost double the average monthly volumes the company did over the last calendar year. The brand that generates over a couple of billion dollars to the turnover of the company closed 2018 with volumes of over 80,000 units. N Raja, deputy MD, Toyota Kirloskar told ET the Innova has witnessed a record growth in sales throughout the year despite the challenges faced by auto industry.

“We had rolled out our annual ‘Remember December’ campaign consisting of exciting benefits to bring a year-end cheer to the customers in line with the company’s consistent efforts towards enhancing customer delight. In the month of December 2018 we have witnessed high orders to the extent of 11,000 plus for Innova Crysta which is almost 50% jump as compared to the average monthly orders,” Raja informed.

The launch of new Mahindra Marazzo and Maruti Suzuki Ertiga were expected to pose a challenge to the higher priced Innova, but the growth in Innova bookings and over 60,000 bookings of Ertiga and Marazzo indicates that people are coming back to MPVs over more flamboyant SUVs in the market.
Source
Old 12th January 2019, 09:45   #1750
BHPian

Looking at the discounts on offer for Innova and high sale figures is there any facelift or upgrade in the near future? It has been 3 years since launch but no major updates except for small feature enhancements
I would love if they introduce sunroof (panoramic would be ideal)
Old 12th January 2019, 17:11   #1751
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishhm74 View Post
Looking at the discounts on offer for Innova and high sale figures is there any facelift or upgrade in the near future? It has been 3 years since launch but no major updates except for small feature enhancements
I would love if they introduce sunroof (panoramic would be ideal)
Knowing Toyota, max you can expect is a revised grille, a blue shade, some more chrome, Android Auto/Apple Carplay . The high number of booking is probably because of price hike and discounts.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2019, 17:48   #1752
BHPian

I had a meeting with Toyota dealer from whom we had purchased Crysta last October. They have 2018 stock and he offered me a discount of 1.5Lacs. The only problem is that they have silver in stock whereas I am interested in white colour. Will decide and take the final call by tomorrow.
Old 12th January 2019, 20:03   #1753
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akib Khan View Post
I had a meeting with Toyota dealer from whom we had purchased Crysta last October. They have 2018 stock and he offered me a discount of 1.5Lacs. The only problem is that they have silver in stock whereas I am interested in white colour. Will decide and take the final call by tomorrow.
Something is off here - either the 1.5 lakh discount has some wonky maths in it or there is a problem with the vehicle. I would insist on a PDI before even putting a down payment. Specifically I would look for water damage & exposure.
Old 12th January 2019, 20:26   #1754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Something is off here - either the 1.5 lakh discount has some wonky maths in it or there is a problem with the vehicle. I would insist on a PDI before even putting a down payment. Specifically I would look for water damage & exposure.
I completely agree with you and even I was shocked when he quoted the figure. The discount is available on any Crysta I choose from their stock.
Old 12th January 2019, 21:22   #1755
BHPian

Toyota hikes Innova Crysta prices by Rs 18000

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20190112_214835.jpg

Source
JS Kwt is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed