Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2019, 09:08   #1981
BHPian

Recently got the 10000 km service done for my year old Crysta 2.8Z AT. The service engineer suggested synthetic oil which I agreed to. Though I was using synthetic oil in my earlier SX4 Zdi, was pleasantly surprised to see the results in the Crysta. The engine sound has muffled noticeably and it seems to be running much more smoother. Very happy with the results.
bimbrahw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2019, 17:34   #1982
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Folks,

Has anyone taken the extended warranty for Crysta recently? Is Toyota still offering the 7 years extended warranty?

My Crysta will be completing 3 years next month and I am keen on taking the extended warranty. Last year, when I enquired about it with my regular SA at Nandi Toyota, he has discouraged me from taking one for different reasons. He said the extended warranty doesnt cover many things and the claims are also very difficult to get approved when compared to standard warranty. Whatever may be the reason, I am still looking to get the extended warranty for an additional 2 years atleast.

Any suggestions on the warranty type to choose from?
Old 24th July 2019, 18:43   #1983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
Folks,

Has anyone taken the extended warranty for Crysta recently? Is Toyota still offering the 7 years extended warranty?

Any suggestions on the warranty type to choose from?
I took extended warranty upto 180k kms valid till 5 years of purchase . Its costed 36k.
Vulken Auto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 08:16   #1984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
Folks,

We booked the ZX AT last week and have opted for the 5 year warranty. Toyota does not offer the 7 year warranty anymore. Its costing us approximately 25k to take the extended warranty.

Rohan
RohanDheman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2019, 23:32   #1985
BHPian

Took delivery of the Innova Crysta 2.8 GX AT Silver 8 seater today. The process at Topsel Toyota was very fast and they were damn professional and efficient and most important a lot of tollgates from their senior staffs were involved who visited in person and inspected before delivery. Here is the pic, will post details of the process soon. Just 2 things, I opted for lifetime road tax at one go thinking about future uncertainty of diesel automobile related taxes, opted for Toyota protect insurance from Chola and did a mix and match of accesories from dealer (electronics and interior, few exterior) and outside 3rd party accesory shop ( exterior). I did opt for the multi terrain monitoring. One question, for the models with just tinted glass like me and no heat rejection glasses has anyone opted for sunfilm for front windshield?

Thanks to Sankar for his excellent support over pm regarding the accesories, outstanding knowledge he has on Innova and it's accesories.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img20190727wa0016.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_20190727_160056.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_20190727_232920.jpg

Last edited by haisaikat : 27th July 2019 at 23:35.
haisaikat is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 28th July 2019, 10:39   #1986
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post
Took delivery of the Innova Crysta 2.8 GX AT Silver 8 seater today.
Congrats Saikat. Wish you many miles of happy motoring!
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2019, 12:19   #1987
BHPian

Hi everyone, I am glad to inform that my Crysta 2.8 G reached 23,000 kms within 6 months of purchase. The service costs are also reasonable. Moreover the behaviour of the staff at the service center is very professional.

My family got so used to Crysta, all my other cars are being used only for travelling within the town or for short distances. 3 of my family members who were about to purchase other cars of same budget have shifted to Crysta and even they are happy with their purchases.

I wish Toyota provides good headlamps in the base variants as well. I know it's like asking too much, but with a LED projector beam 2.8 G will be a complete package at least for me.

I expect my vehicle to complete 70,000 kms within a year. For those who wish to know why this high mileage, my family has doctors, business people as well. So we keep travelling to Chennai, Hyderabad and Vizag a lot.

I have mentioned in my previous posts as well, those who are on the edge to buy Crysta go ahead with your decision. Don't let the test drive vehicles with creaks and sounds create a false impression.

Lastly I wish to tell one thing, I am very thankful to our fellow member ARAY.

I am covering all his travelogues exactly the same way from Hyderabad in my Crysta. Following the same schedule and bookings too.

Thank you,
Drpavan.
drpavan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th July 2019, 17:52   #1988
Senior - BHPian

One year and one month with my 2.8AT GX - Garnett Red Crysta and I must say that it still puts a smile on my face each time i start my car.

Munched 26750 KM in the past 13 months. The brakes still have a good bite, the engine has set in beautifully and most often than not, i feel like i am just cruising, especially @1900 RPM around 100-110 KM/Hr speeds. I have done plenty of highway drives as well, and have enjoyed each drive.

By end of August, i shall be done by the 30K Service and will share more details and the pictures of my car, with all the Mods that i have done to my 'G' variant.
jkrishnakj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th July 2019, 11:14   #1989
BHPian

Inspected the car at the dealership over the weekend and have given the go ahead. Delivery is scheduled on 5th August due to work commitments. Also spent some time finalizing the accessories- one of which is a Pioneer Dash Cam. Has anyone hardwired their dashcam in the innova? Getting the newly introduced footsteps as well. They look and fit absolutely factory.

Secondly, the salesperson said that Toyota has upgraded the stock speakers on the Innova recently and our car has the upgraded set up. Don't know much about the previous setup but i don't think i would need any upgrade. After being spoilt by the systems in my Mercedes and Octavia, i was more than happy with the sound.

Will share pictures when we take delivery next week.

Cheers
Rohan
RohanDheman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2019, 19:38   #1990
BHPian

Two questions, for my GX Auto is there a way to take out the key without putting the gear lever in park mode? I want to keep in neutral so that parking managers can slide the car forward backwards by pushing.

Does the MID in a GX display current gear selected (1,2, etc) in D mode ?
Old 29th July 2019, 20:41   #1991
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Two questions, for my GX Auto is there a way to take out the key without putting the gear lever in park mode? I want to keep in neutral so that parking managers can slide the car forward backwards by pushing.

Does the MID in a GX display current gear selected (1,2, etc) in D mode ?
No you can't take the key out if the gear lever is not in Park. But you can take the key out and using the key push the shift lock actuator down (which is under the slot on top right of shifter surround - refer manual) to unlock the shifter and move the stick to any slot. There is no other way. I have removed the cover on mine and its now uncovered and its not something that is noticed so I have left it like that.

No only in S mode.

Last edited by Sankar : 29th July 2019 at 20:44.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2019, 08:47   #1992
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Two questions, for my GX Auto is there a way to take out the key without putting the gear lever in park mode?

You cannot do this in any proper automatic. It is a safety feature.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2019, 16:46   #1993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
On a differnt note my tyres were inflated to a bone jarring 47 psi which was causing the bumpy ride. Now with 33 psi on all my tyres the ride is extremely smooth. However I am noticing a slight left pull. Is this due to torque steer or should I get the alignment checked in the first service at 1000km?
I noticed the left pull today while driving, went to a fuel station and got the psi corrected, apparently right front was at 44 and rest 3 tyres at 42 psi. After this it has improved. But I am disgusted with the over inflated tyres in the first place.
Old 30th July 2019, 21:28   #1994
Senior - BHPian

42/44!!!! Wouldn't the ride be rock hard?

Seriously though, I dont think a difference of 2 PSI will cause alignment level issues. I would get the alignment checked
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2019, 08:09   #1995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
42/44!!!! Wouldn't the ride be rock hard?

Seriously though, I dont think a difference of 2 PSI will cause alignment level issues. I would get the alignment checked

Agree. I always drive on 33 psi. Have seen the difference even if it is inflated at 35 psi. My 2.8Z went in for the 10k service recently, sadly the dealer had inflated the tyres to 36 psi which immediately changed the ride quality for the worse. Had to get it corrected the moment I realised. Was recently traveling by a cab which had inflated it to 40 psi. Was like driving on rocks instead of tyres. The driver reasoned they over inflate to get better mileage. Agreed to reduce pressure to 33 psi only after I told him the tires can burst if driving with increased pressure on high speeds.
bimbrahw is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks