Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2019, 14:41   #1996
BHPian

Took delivery today of our 2.8 ZX. Very very happy with the delivery experience at Toyota. Everything was done like clockwork. Nothing, absolutely nothing, needed a reminder from our side. We were done in 20 mins flat. Hoping that the ownership experience stays the same.

Coming to this from sedans, the size and ride height will take some getting used to.

Cheers
Rohan
RohanDheman is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th August 2019, 14:51   #1997
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Congratulations!
Hoping you have a great time with it. Upload some pictures whenever.
bigron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 08:00   #1998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
Took delivery today of our 2.8 ZX.

Cheers
Rohan

Congrats you will love it. This is by far the Gold Class of road travel in India. And with the Captain seats in the middle row in the ZX model, even being driven around is super comfortable. The 2.8Z has a beast of an engine. I have always been driving in Eco mode & not for once felt the need for power mode. Drives like a car.
bimbrahw is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2019, 11:18   #1999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
Congratulations!
Hoping you have a great time with it. Upload some pictures whenever.
Thank you. Uploading the only 2 pictures i have taken so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimbrahw View Post
The 2.8Z has a beast of an engine. I have always been driving in Eco mode & not for once felt the need for power mode. Drives like a car.
Have left it in normal for the time being but the more i am reading, i think for city use, ECO is more than sufficient. 100 km done, and i agree, it does drive like a car. Just that the engine is a bit noisy but not a deal breaker.

Meanwhile, got PPF done on the bumpers, bonnet and the door edges. It is one thing that i swear by given my driving in NCR.

Opted for the following accessories as a part of the deal
1. Floor and Boot mats
2. Tyvek Cover
3. OEM foot board
4. Pioneer Dash Cam
5. Mud Flaps
6. Auto Folding mirrors
7. 3M anti rust coating and body coatings
8. OEM rain visors
9. OEM sun shades

A couple of pictures below:

Awaiting delivery
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_5640.jpg

Side profile showing the newly introduced foot board
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_5641.jpg

Cheers
Rohan
RohanDheman is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th August 2019, 12:13   #2000
BHPian

Quote:
Just that the engine is a bit noisy but not a deal breaker.
Congrats on your purchase.The 2.8 motor is a noisy one in general so you will have to be put with it.
Old 7th August 2019, 14:10   #2001
BHPian

Quote:
6. Auto Folding mirrors
Hi Rohan, i have a few questions.
1. Were the Auto Folding Mirrors an OEM Accessory?
2. If not, then did the dealer install them, or you got it installed outside?
3. Was it a simple plug n play or was there any splicing required?
4. If the Dealer Installed them, may i know which dealer?
5. Does it void any warranty?
I Would love to get them installed, they are very useful, but i don't want an Accessory Shop fiddling with my Car s wiring harness and Creating Warranty Issues.
Old 7th August 2019, 14:14   #2002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego28 View Post
Hi Rohan, i have a few questions.
1. Were the Auto Folding Mirrors an OEM Accessory?
2. If not, then did the dealer install them, or you got it installed outside?
3. Was it a simple plug n play or was there any splicing required?
4. If the Dealer Installed them, may i know which dealer?
5. Does it void any warranty?
I Would love to get them installed, they are very useful, but i don't want an Accessory Shop fiddling with my Car s wiring harness and Creating Warranty Issues.
Yes, the auto folding mirrors are an OEM accessory. They were installed by the dealer, Espirit Toyota (Noida), before delivery. They do not void any warranty.

The operation is very straight forward- when you lock the car, the mirrors close automatically. They do not auto open when you unlock the car but do so when you actually switch the car on. Were very reasonably priced as well- Rs. 3500 approximately.
RohanDheman is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th August 2019, 14:24   #2003
BHPian

Dropped my Crysta for 60k Kms Service today. During one of the drives to Hyd, the steering vibration was very bad while braking under high speeds (~110 - 120 KMPH). The brake pads are pretty new and have done 10k KMS only. I reported the same today and the SA has informed me later, that they got approval for replacing both the front Discs, Brake Caliper Assembly Kits and Brake Pads under warranty. Please note that the front discs have been replaced already under warranty and later they were skimmed too. As per the SA, these new discs, caliper kit assembly are a modified design from Toyota than the earlier ones.

@Sankar If you are reading this, I remember you mentioned about basic design issue for Crysta Brakes. Are you aware of this new modified design for discs/Caliper assembly kits?

Hoping this will fix the steering vibration issues. But its a nice gesture from Nandi Toyota by addressing the problem without any fuss and approving it under warranty. Standard Warranty for my car will expire next week. SA also identified a delay while cranking the engine and suspect the battery charge. To be checked as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
Folks,

Has anyone taken the extended warranty for Crysta recently? Is Toyota still offering the 7 years extended warranty?

My Crysta will be completing 3 years next month and I am keen on taking the extended warranty.

Any suggestions on the warranty type to choose from?
Needless to say, I opted for the Extended Warranty for the 4th and 5th Year for 1L KMS. Made a mistake by not taking it earlier as the price is more with the increased age of the car. Also the extended warranty prices have now increased. Quote given for me is ~40k.

Apart from the initial tyre bursts (4 in total, replaced with Michelin Tyres now), Steering vibration and Seat Noise, the car has been an absolute joy to own. It has taken the abuse well, especially with the horrible road conditions in my area of Bangalore (Read - no roads ) and has been serving me and my family well.
samabhi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th August 2019, 16:06   #2004
BHPian

Quote:
Are you aware of this new modified design for discs/Caliper assembly kits?
I have been Facing the Exact Same Issues with the Car.

1.Disc Warping Issues:
i.Discs Skimmed at 15k Kms under warranty
ii.Discs Skimmed again at 25k Kms under Warranty. Pads also replaced(Payable)
iii: Discs/Caliper assembly/Pads replaced at 32k kms under warranty.
iv: Discs Skimmed again at 43k Kms after a trip to Spiti.
Right now i am at 55.5K kms and the issue has cropped up again. i will be taking my car for 55k Service shortly and will take it up to Galaxy Toyota.
Thanks a ton for the update on new modified Discs, i hope it gives us a permanent solution once and for all.

2. Passenger seat Rattling issue:
i. Rattling first started at 25k kms. After trying to tweak and adjust for around 2 months without any fix, Toyota finally replaced the front passenger seat channel/Rail at 28k kms. The issue went away and things were good as new.
ii. It came back around 40k kms and my SA and Galaxy Toyota s technical head told me that Toyota wont issue another channel under warranty as it had been replaced once already. they tweaked and adjusted it and it got better.
iii. the issue has cropped back at around 52k kms.

3. Driver Seat Rusting and Squeaking:
i have the ZX variant which comes with electronic seats. At around 40k kms, i noticed squeaking/rustling noise whenever i moved my seat horizontally and on further investigation found that the driver seat's channel has started rusting. Toyota guys did some oiling and the noise got better. but the noise came back after a few months.

4. The famous Tyre Issue:
After 2 of my tyres developed bulges within 10k kms ownership, dumped them n upgraded to 225/55/r17 Michelins. no issues since.

5. rattling issues:
Have faced 3 rattling issues till date, here is how i fixed them.
i. Rattling from front dashboard.
turned out to be rattling from the cover outside windshield, under the vipers (Cowl). Toyota found it and fixed it ar around 15k kms.
Cropped up again ar 30k kms. Did a DIY, opened the cowl myself, Cleaned it and put double tape. The Issue has not returned till date.
ii. Rattling from engine bay.
Engine bay used to rattle whenever doing high rev driving and cold starts .
Turned out to be Bonnet alignment issue. raising the rubber corks keeping the bonnet in place was the permanent fix.
iii. Rattling From steering assembly:
Comes and goes randomly. if i push the steering or slap it, it goes away.
will ask my SA to look into it.

Other than these, the Car has been a complete breeze and kudos to Galaxy Toyota for their Agile Support.

Hope it helps other Crysta Owners.
Lego28 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th August 2019, 08:25   #2005
BHPian

Fuel tank capacity

Folks, when I fill up my Innova crysta GX, the auto cut-off shuts at around 45 litres maximum. The MID display for distance-to-empty also calculates only for 45 litres. The "refuel" warning after hitting "E" indicator on my fiel display so kicks in around 45 litrers. But the manual for Crysta states that the tank capacity is 55 litres. Does that mean that I can drive around with another 10 litres of fuel in an emergency? What is the actual reserve quantity of fuel?

Last edited by SDP : 11th August 2019 at 08:33. Reason: typo
Old 11th August 2019, 10:34   #2006
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As per the SA, these new discs, caliper kit assembly are a modified design from Toyota than the earlier ones.

@Sankar If you are reading this, I remember you mentioned about basic design issue for Crysta Brakes. Are you aware of this new modified design for discs/Caliper assembly kits?

Hoping this will fix the steering vibration issues.
Samabhi, In my vehicle at first they skimmed the discs under warranty that didn't work; and the second time they changed the both discs and pads under warranty and that fix did not last long; so the third time they changed caliper, pins, disc, pads and brake fluid under warranty and they said it was an improved design. The third change did improve the brakes and reduced steering vibrations for a while but it returned eventually when the brakes were hot. Although this time the vibrations were less intense.

If you can please post the picture of the calipers (both sides) before they put the wheel on so that we can see if there's any visual difference. Also share the part numbers of the rotors and the caliper; if its a new design the number will be different or if it is just a change in metallurgy in original design the number would be the same. I hope this fix works well for you and if the parts are indeed new I will get them changed at my own cost since my vehicle is now out of warranty.

Last edited by Sankar : 11th August 2019 at 10:36.
Sankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 09:08   #2007
BHPian

Hello
Has anyone taken delivery of a touring sport ZX AT recently ? If so can you please let know the wheel size ? (16" or 17")?
Also is the multi terrain monitoring system standard fitment in the ZX variants recently?I am aware that as an official accessory it costs around 18k+ tax. The TD vehicle had it and I must say it was pretty convenient.
Thank you.
Old 13th August 2019, 16:17   #2008
BHPian

Re: Fuel tank capacity

Quote:
Originally Posted by contentedbloke View Post
Does that mean that I can drive around with another 10 litres of fuel in an emergency? What is the actual reserve quantity of fuel?
Yes, Done that a few times, It has a 10 Liter reserve.
Toyota SA told me not to drive with Fuel < 1/4th tank. that comes to be ~ 14 ltr. So i always refuel with DTE 100km on the MID.
The fuel also acts as coolant, which keeps the fuel pump from overheating.
Moreover, The adulteration/Water in the fuel tank is sucked in when the fuel level is low.
So always refrain from driving around with fuel < 1/4th of the tank. Especially on hills.
Lego28 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 17:44   #2009
BHPian

Once, I helplessly had to negotiate over 40km with the refuel light on, which means that reserve is quite huge and the tank is certainly forgiving. Indispensable a factor though, DTE does attribute to your driving style. I had the air conditioning turned off, avoided frequent shifts (maintained a relatively slower pace), avoided sharp acceleration and maximized engine braking.
theGeekyLad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 20:15   #2010
BHPian

Re: Fuel tank capacity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego28 View Post
Yes, Done that a few times, It has a 10 Liter reserve.
Toyota SA told me not to drive with Fuel < 1/4th tank. that comes to be ~ 14 ltr. So i always refuel with DTE 100km on the MID.
======
So always refrain from driving around with fuel < 1/4th of the tank. Especially on hills.
I got the refuel indicator today after covering just 430 kms and while refueling I hit auto cut-off at the pump at 44 litres. Thus effectively, I am getting a mileage of just about 10 kms / litre for 100% city traffic where average speed is 40 kms per hour in 2nd or 3rd gear. This is for my 2.4 diesel crysta GX. I don't know why the mileage has dropped down from earlier 12 to 10, and it's certainly going to be a pain to refuel every 300 kms for such a large vehicle, going by your recommendation of keeping 1/4th reserve.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_20190813_182050.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks