Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2020, 11:31   #2191
Senior - BHPian

Re: Extended Warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
Hello T-BHPians,
I am in the processes of finalizing Innova Crysta GX 2.4 AT 8 seater. I have a query and need your valuable inputs.

Is it worth taking extended warranty for 4 and 5 year? It will cost me approx. INR 25k.
Any one facing issues in 4 and 5 year where extended warranty
was of any help?
Always avail the maximum possible warranty(5 years in most cars) while buying a new car. In case any part fails, it can get very expensive. During the warranty period, you can rest easy and not worry about the part replacement costs.

Our Grand i10's steering column was replaced under extended warranty in the 4th year of ownership(standard warranty was three years). For any reason if you have to sell your car within the warranty period, the extended warranty offers an additional attractive incentive to the potential buyer who buys your car.

Things however do get tricky if your car meets a major accident within the warranty. I think the warranty becomes void after that. Also, electrical warranty gets void if you fit any after market accessories etc. Similarly other vehicle related warranties get void because of after market non-OEM additions to the car.
skanchan95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2020, 13:10   #2192
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Extended Warranty

Quote:
Is it worth taking extended warranty for 4 and 5 year? It will cost me approx. INR 25k.
Since there are some new components like the SCR and DPF I would suggest you take it. We took it too. However, there are options for different usage patterns. For our ZX AT, we took the True warranty for 5 years and 1L kms. There are different mileage options so depending upon the distance you intend to do you can select one.

Noob question, the extended warranty says its for 5 Years or 1L kms, but then a condition states it begins from the date of expiry of the standard warranty. I assume the overall warranty now for the car is upto 5 years and 1L kms. Is it the other way round? Do I have warranty for 3 + 5 years and 1+1L kms?
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2020, 23:46   #2193
BHPian

Bucket vs bench seats

Thank you everyone for the valuable suggestions. My daily drive is a 9 years old Tata Aria. One of the reasons to replace it with Crystal is the reliability factor. 25k is nothing for the peace of mind I am looking for.
Another issue is I am getting a little indecisive between 7 vs 8 seater
My usage pattern on long trips is self driven with better half by my side and kids in middle row. Occasionally one grandparent may join the kids in middle row. The occasional 5th passenger will not be pushed to the last row. I feel the bench seats give more space for the kids to keeps themselves busy. Additionally they will be physically more close to each other as well as their grandparent. Also the middle row passengers can put their legs on the seat and stretch.
Are the famed Crystal Buckets seats really that comfortable compared to bench seats. I find the aria's middle row quite comfortable. Is there anything else about the bucket seats which I am missing? Is there a way to add arm rest to bench seats?
Please help me decide between 7 and 8 seater
Old 30th May 2020, 23:59   #2194
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bucket vs bench seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Noob question, the extended warranty says its for 5 Years or 1L kms, but then a condition states it begins from the date of expiry of the standard warranty...
Your total warranty will be 5 years or 1L km. The extended warranty is actually for 2 years and will begin after the 3-year mark. Advertising can lead to confusion, but I'd love to be proven wrong.
Quote:
Another issue is I am getting a little indecisive between 7 vs 8 seater...The occasional 5th passenger will not be pushed to the last row....

Are the famed Crystal Buckets seats really that comfortable compared to bench seats.
The bench seats are supremely comfortable, but the captain seats are luxurious. If you have 5 pax on long trips, suggest the bench seats as boot space won't be compromised. Also, as kids grow taller, they may not like the third row.

Suggest you take a trial and ask an SA to drive while you sit on the backseat on both variants.

Edit: I'm assuming 2 kids by default.

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 31st May 2020 at 00:02.
landcruiser123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2020, 00:57   #2195
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you everyone for the valuable suggestions. My daily drive is a 9 years old Tata Aria. One of the reasons to replace it with Crystal is the reliability factor. 25k is nothing for the peace of mind I am looking for.
My usage pattern on long trips is self driven with better half by my side and kids in middle row. Occasionally one grandparent may join the kids in middle row. The occasional 5th passenger will not be pushed to the last row. I feel the bench seats give more space for the kids to keeps themselves busy. Additionally they will be physically more close to each other as well as their grandparent. Also the middle row passengers can put their legs on the seat and stretch.
Are the famed Crystal Buckets seats really that comfortable compared to bench seats. I find the aria's middle row quite comfortable. Is there anything else about the bucket seats which I am missing? Is there a way to add arm rest to bench seats?
This is one of the negatives that I found about Innova. The top end only comes with 7 seater config. If you need a 8 seater then the VX or GX is the only option. But you do miss out on lot more equipments when you go for the base or the mid variant. The only option to make the ZX a 8 seater is an aftermarket middle seat that you can buy. It's a ugly looking piece of seat which goes in between the two captain seats. This is available at the showroom itself but I highly doubt wether it is a genuine accessory. The design looks pretty flawed and I would be really surprised if it turned out that some one at Toyota signed off on this and also there is no back rest for this thing so it's almost useless as a proper seat. However the captain seats are supremely comfortable, one of the best things I felt about them compared to the full bench seats are that these captain seats kind of hug you and keeps you in place compared to the bench where you get thrown around a bit.
shreehari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2020, 07:14   #2196
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
I too had booked an 8 seater variant but thankfully changed it to 7 seater one.According to me,the bench seat makes the car cramped and claustrophobic as it divides the car into two compartments,one housing the first and Middle row and the second one housing the third row.It kills the expanse and space of the vehicle.Try sitting in the second row of an 8 seater and a 7 seater.
Add to this the inconvinience of folding seats in the middle row to go to or come out from the third row.Another point in favour of a 7 seater is that a person sitting in the third row can streach his legs in the space between the Middle row seats.Also,nothing can beat the comfort and the King like feel of sitting in the captain seats of the Middle row while you are being chauferred.
The Kids-We usually use the vehicle for long travel with family and the kids love to change seats between middle and third row enroute and remain entertained moving their stuff from here to there among the rows.
If you really want the 8th seat sometime,there is an after market one which can be fixed and removed easily between the captain seats in the middle row and also folds to become an Armrest.
Hope this helps
caraholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2020, 13:46   #2197
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Hi, I have been trying to change the number of blinks for the lane change indicator on my GX. The manual says it needs to be done at dealer level. Is there a way to do it on our own?

~ Hruday
Old 1st June 2020, 18:34   #2198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhruday View Post
Hi, I have been trying to change the number of blinks for the lane change indicator on my GX. The manual says it needs to be done at dealer level. Is there a way to do it on our own?

~ Hruday
No. But I got it changed at the ASC. You probably need to show them the manual page.
Old 1st June 2020, 19:57   #2199
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It needs to be done at the dealership with the diagnostic tool. I am planning to get this done during first service. Also I need the sensitivity of the auto headlights to be decreased. Will post my update once I go in the middle of this month.
Old 1st June 2020, 21:19   #2200
jav
BHPian

Quote:

~ Hruday
It can be done i have changed it to 7 times flash, all you need is the mini vci cable and it comes with the software too, i had got it from aliexpress long back.
there are lots of options which can be changed with the cable i have disabled the ac switching to fresh air on auto mode and a few small changes
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-i-2.jpg  

jav is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2020, 21:37   #2201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you travel 5 people often with lots(500ltr+) of luggage then 8 seater will serve better. 8 seater variant does come with arm rests. If you travel with 4 people or 5 people with average amount of luggage, go for 7 seater. In isolation you will find 8 seater comfortable, but you will see the difference after you experience 7 seater. The 7 seater also makes the third row a much better place to sit. A 5'11 person won't complain in third row even after travelling for 400 odd km in a 7 seater. For your requirement, I would say go for 7 seater.

Last edited by PrideRed : 1st June 2020 at 21:38.
PrideRed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2020, 21:57   #2202
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jav View Post
It can be done i have changed it to 7 times flash, all you need is the mini vci cable and it comes with the software too, i had got it from aliexpress long back.
there are lots of options which can be changed with the cable i have disabled the ac switching to fresh air on auto mode and a few small changes
Could you please share the link to this cable? I will buy one if it allows me to tweak such things.
Old 1st June 2020, 22:08   #2203
jav
BHPian

Quote:
Could you please share the link to this cable? I will buy one if it allows me to tweak such things.

I am not able to find the link to the one i bought, but if you search for mini vci cable for Toyota you can see many compatible cables, i bought the xhorse brand from its official seller as that had the highest reviews
jav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2020, 10:58   #2204
Distinguished - BHPian

Prices of the Crysta have undergone another increase, and the ZX AT costs roughly 60k more than what we booked it for in January with the introductory pricing for BS6!

Quote:
  • 2.4 G MT 7 seater, Manual 16,41,000
  • 2.4 G MT 8 seater, Manual 16,49,000
  • 2.4 G+ MT 7 seater, Manual 17,09,000
  • 2.4 G+ MT 8 seater, Manual 17,14,000
  • 2.4 GX MT 7 seater, Manual 17,47,000
  • 2.4 GX MT 8 seater, Manual 17,52,000
  • 2.4 GX AT 7 seater, Automatic 18,78,000
  • 2.4 GX AT 8 seater, Automatic 18,83,000
  • 2.4 VX MT 7 seater, Manual 20,89,000
  • 2.4 VX MT 8 seater, Manual 20,94,000
  • 2.4 ZX MT 7 seater, Manual 22,43,000
  • 2.4 ZX AT 7 seater, Automatic 23,63,000
This will make the top end automatic breach the 30L rupee barrier.

Last edited by audioholic : 2nd June 2020 at 11:01.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2020, 11:52   #2205
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jav View Post
I am not able to find the link to the one i bought, but if you search for mini vci cable for Toyota you can see many compatible cables, i bought the xhorse brand from its official seller as that had the highest reviews
I was looking at options in AliExpress, but wasn’t able to find too many options somehow. Even if I get one and tweak any settings, wouldn’t it affect warranty? I had a vcds cable for my yeti earlier and used it only after warranty expiry. Was able to unlock so many features.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks