Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2020, 21:49   #2341
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

I fully subscribe to the engine / gear box combo of the 2.8 Crysta. I got my 45K service done. The car runs so smooth ever since I finished 40K. I don’t know what magic happened.

It can be quite peppy when I want it to , has enormous amounts of comfort while overtaking on highways and at a sedate cruise speed , I get a feeling that I’m just smoothly gliding on the roads.

The tyre change is planned in a couple weeks and I’m hoping the vehicle becomes a lot more silent.
jkrishnakj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 21:51   #2342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post

The tyre change is planned in a couple weeks and I’m hoping the vehicle becomes a lot more silent.
What tyres do you plan on getting? Will you be up sizing?
Old 14th October 2020, 12:31   #2343
Senior - BHPian

Hi Sreesh - I plan to go with the same specs as the OEM ones ( 16" ). I was doing some reading on the Bridgestone and Michellin. The SA at NandiToyota mentioned about how good the Yokohama will be on the Cryzta, so, will evaluate that as well.

It will finally boil down to my bank balance
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 19:31   #2344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Sreesh - I plan to go with the same specs as the OEM ones ( 16" ). I was doing some reading on the Bridgestone and Michellin. The SA at NandiToyota mentioned about how good the Yokohama will be on the Cryzta, so, will evaluate that as well.

It will finally boil down to my bank balance
I have Yokohama BlueEarth in stock 16 inch size and is fairly good. Handling is better compared to B390 but B390 scores better interms of comfort. If you drive on bad roads often, Apollo or MRF's fare better and gives more confidence. That said, their performance on good roads is pathetic.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 01:46   #2345

Dear BHP-ian friends
I am planning to change my car (a Maruti Ertiga ZDi 2013 with 43K on ODO) and amongst many cars in consideration, I am exploring Innova Crysta also. But I'm a bit confused with model selections. Of course, I would like to go for a Diesel one, but variants are driving me crazy. I have zeroed down to a 8 seater (yes, I prefer to travel with my extended family) and debating between a GX or VX. I am not too keen for AT and looking for a MT, hence technically I am looking at GX 8S MT vs VX 8S MT. Of course price difference is one but VX appeals me with its pampering features like -- the blue dome light, cruise control, MID, etc..
Can you friends help me make up a choice -- both are in my price range, as I okay to put out around 25L but also ensure that there is a value-for-money angle to it.

Any feedback or insightful comments will be highly appreciated.

Cheers
Soumen
Old 16th October 2020, 06:39   #2346
Senior - BHPian

Hi Soumen - The ‘G’ used to be almost bare bones when the Crysta was launched ( no music system also earlier ).

I’ll recommend the V. The cool blue lights look very good inside the car. The MID is something I sorely miss in my G trim.

Not just that , when it comes to the Innova / Crysta, the trims matter a bit when it comes to a resale. The higher versions find a buyer faster and the features are valued as well. I’m not saying we should consider about selling even before we buy , but thought it fit to mention that.
jkrishnakj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 14:04   #2347
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Soumen - The ‘G’ used to be almost bare bones when the Crysta was launched ( no music system also earlier ).

I’ll recommend the V. The cool blue lights look very good inside the car. The MID is something I sorely miss in my G trim.

Not just that , when it comes to the Innova / Crysta, the trims matter a bit when it comes to a resale. The higher versions find a buyer faster and the features are valued as well. I’m not saying we should consider about selling even before we buy , but thought it fit to mention that.
Hello,
I am considering a buying a used 2017/2018 2.8ZX (Automatic) in Bangalore which has a low mileage of 20-30k KM. Any ideas what would be a good price for such a car? My budget is 18-20L, but I am looking for a very neatly maintained car with clean interiors.

I see some cars listed on the Toyota U-Trust sites for around 22L.

Can someone with experience buying from U-Trust or a used Innova please throw some light on this?
hellraizer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 14:16   #2348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraizer View Post
Can someone with experience buying from U-Trust or a used Innova please throw some light on this?
We have the experience of a Bhpian purchasing one from U Trust shared (Purchased a pre-owned Toyota Innova Crysta - Decision from the heart!)here. The thread and the author could be of use to you.
dailydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 14:25   #2349
BHPian

The GX in AT is quiet good. I got cruise control, automatic speed sensing door locks, steering mounted music control etc. With those coming in, only misses were the colorful MID and those ambient lighting. I can easily live with that. Besides, I wanted an 8 seater AT and the GX is the only model you can buy in this combination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumenbanerjee View Post
Dear BHP-ian friends
But I'm a bit confused with model selections. Of course, I would like to go for a Diesel one, but variants are driving me crazy. I have zeroed down to a 8 seater (yes, I prefer to travel with my extended family) and debating between a GX or VX. I am not too keen for AT and looking for a MT, hence technically I am looking at GX 8S MT vs VX 8S MT. Of course price difference is one but VX appeals me with its pampering features like -- the blue dome light, cruise control, MID, etc..
Cheers
Soumen
penpavan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2020, 13:20   #2350
BHPian

The new Innova Indonesian TVC:

Gives a clear glimpse of all incorporated changes.
Its an obvious attempt to make Innova appear more butch with that bull-bar type bumper insert. But a "butch MPV" sounds more amusing that appealing to me!
Nice to see front parking sensors and more upmarket alloys though.

powerband_rider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2020, 12:04   #2351
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota Innova Crysta pre-facelift scores 5 Stars in ASEAN NCAP.

Link

Quote:
The 2020 Toyota Innova Crysta has scored 5-star safety rating in the ASEAN NCAP crash tests, just like its siblings Hilux and Fortuner. The model tested is the 2.0-liter petrol variant manufactured in Indonesia. We expect the Indian version to have similar performance in the crash tests.

Last edited by Aditya : 20th October 2020 at 23:20. Reason: Pre-facelift model
BoneCollector is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 10:59   #2352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Toyota Innova Crysta pre-facelift scores 5 Stars in ASEAN NCAP.

Link

https://Youtu.be/68ZcwVLO5ac
Why are the side/curtain airbags not opening up ?
Old 22nd October 2020, 11:10   #2353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
It’s difficult for the curtain airbags to deploy when the variant being crash tested is only fitted with 2 front airbags. And still scores 5 stars.

Last edited by ChoosetoCruze : 22nd October 2020 at 11:18.
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 11:24   #2354
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
They tested the base variant that had two airbags.

Rest assured your Touring sport with 7 airbags would be even more safer than the tested model.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 15:52   #2355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
They tested the base variant that had two airbags.

Rest assured your Touring sport with 7 airbags would be even more safer than the tested model.
Ah, I missed that. Without the curtain airbags, the side impact test giving good results is promising.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks