Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2020, 23:24   #2356

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Hi, 28k on my 2018 Innova crysta odo and I’m not okay with the stock hibeam. Badly need to upgrade as I travel long distance. I went through many threads where many have discussed on Phillips 6000k and osram 4200k hid lamps. But I have no luck in getting any of the above mentioned!

Can anyone throw light on the hibeam up gradation?

TIA
Old 26th October 2020, 12:58   #2357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invincible8789 View Post
TIA
Go of HID only if you have projectors in your Crysta. With reflectors the the HID beam will scatter a lot.
Between 4200k vs 6000k go for 4200k for high beam. Visibility is markedly reduced with 6000k if driven in rainy conditions.
Hope this helps
regards
Bravo
bravo82in is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2020, 13:03   #2358

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
Go of HID only if you have projectors in your Crysta. With reflectors the the HID beam will scatter a lot.
Between 4200k vs 6000k go for 4200k for high beam. Visibility is markedly reduced with 6000k if driven in rainy conditions.
Hope this helps
regards
Bravo
Thank you sir for the suggestion. Can you share the brand and series details of the same. My efforts in search of it has gone in vain!
Old 26th October 2020, 17:54   #2359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invincible8789 View Post
Hi, 28k on my 2018 Innova crysta odo and I’m not okay with the stock hibeam. Badly need to upgrade as I travel long distance. I went through many threads where many have discussed on Phillips 6000k and osram 4200k hid lamps. But I have no luck in getting any of the above mentioned!

TIA
Using Stock LED projector for lo and swapped the OE Halogens with Morimoto 4300K 55W on the Hi Beam Reflectors on my 2016 Zx since 4 yrs. more than satisfied with the throw.
i would suggest you to go for any decent 5000K 55w or 4300K 35W HID setup for your Vehicle. Try FE Retrofit if you do not have any decent options available. DO NOT go for cheap Chinese Xenon kits.
No need to upgrade wiring harness or install any relay. simple plug and play setup will work like a charm.

downsides:
1. Using dipper wont be as effective as Halogen, as HIDs take 7-10 seconds to charge up.
2. HI beam tailgating/bumper to bumper following a vehicle with chrome loaded rear will blind you back.

Last edited by Lego28 : 26th October 2020 at 17:57.
Lego28 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2020, 16:33   #2360
BHPian

Could anyone suggest a good storage organiser tray or something of the type, that can be placed in between the middle row captain seats? Something that can hold a laptop, phone, wallet, keys etc. I do not like the organiser which can be attached to the driver/passenger seat-back as it spoils the look and eats into the feeling of space.
Old 30th October 2020, 17:01   #2361
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota Innova Touring Sport removed from the Crysta’s Indian Line-up

The Innova Touring Sport has been removed from Toyota’s Indian website. Earlier it used to be shown as a separate model alongside the regular Innova Crysta.

With this the 6 speed manual, auto start stop and iMT features exclusively available in the Touring Sport have died along with it.

Now the regular variants of the Crysta are present along with the Leadership Edition.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-3c60e81c2811479f81b5b55003cb113a.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-abcfa25e990b479b9d632fa39a33635d.png  

CEF_Beasts is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th October 2020, 19:13   #2362
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Touring Sport removed from the Crysta’s Indian Line-up

Quote:

Now the regular variants of the Crysta are present along with the Leadership Edition.
The black color has also been removed. Or was it reserved only for the touring sport or leadership edition alone?
Old 30th October 2020, 19:31   #2363
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwakarmuthu View Post
The black color has also been removed. Or was it reserved only for the touring sport or leadership edition alone?
The black colour was never available in the Innova Crysta but it can be ordered in black from the factory by paying some extra (don’t know the exact extra cost for it though.)
CEF_Beasts is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2020, 23:09   #2364
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
The Innova Touring Sport has been removed from Toyota’s Indian website.
With this the 6 speed manual, auto start stop and iMT features exclusively available in the Touring Sport have died along with it.
Great, instead of making the 6speed manual standard across the range, they have taken out the only variant having it!
Then again, most who stretch for the Touring Sport used to go for the automatic.
Maybe something to do with the facelifted Innova launched in Indonesia?

Quote:
AFAIK, black was never offered with the Innova Crysta. International market, yes.
But not here.

Quote:
The black colour was never available in the Innova Crysta but it can be ordered in black from the factory by paying some extra (don’t know the exact extra cost for it though.)
The same was said for the previous gen Innova.
While the type 1 had a black option, from type 2 onwards black was not offered.
Imagine my surprise, when I saw a whole fleet of rent-a-car /hotel(?) Innova type 3,4s in black on Bengaluru streets.

At that time it was said that black was only done for fleet/bulk purchases, and if you are lucky, maybe get your car done in black along with the bulk/fleet batch.
Haven't heard the same for the Innova Crysta, atleast in the intial years.

Though there is a black Innova Crysta lurking in north Kerala. Have to say, black does make the Innova Crysta look menacing.
DicKy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th October 2020, 23:21   #2365
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Though there is a black Innova Crysta lurking in north Kerala. Have to say, black does make the Innova Crysta look menacing.
I saw one at a used car dealer here in Bombay and have to say it looks pretty nice if maintained well. So yes one can order it specifically.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-470962a86b664c31aad0b74d40891a35.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-dce8174300e84c8d818145c478ac6b0a.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-08066e0b24f2473d90cbe90d5a9b94af.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-43f10b6a9d014f4d96a388c3d03af2d4.jpeg  

CEF_Beasts is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 31st October 2020, 20:01   #2366
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
AFAIK, black was never offered with the Innova Crysta. International market, yes.
But not here.
Not sure if it's been discontinued recently on the Innova Crysta but black was offered until end of last year AFAIK. Yes, it was available on order only with a longer waiting period. Most dealers were reluctant to take orders too. Since the Fortuner in the same black sells decently well, it's not the case of difficulty maintaining paint stock. Looks great with both the tan and beige leather interiors.

The Touring Sport & Leadership Edition came only in the Wildfire Red and Pearl White. The red looked stunning with with the smoked bits, with the exception of the gaudy application of chrome (No offence to anybody who likes it). This also means that Engine Start & Stop technology has been discontinued as it was only available in the Touring Sport diesels (Both the 6MT & 6AT). They were updated in 2017 to include this in anticipation of CAFE regulations.

Quote:
The same was said for the previous gen Innova.
While the type 1 had a black option, from type 2 onwards black was not offered.
Imagine my surprise, when I saw a whole fleet of rent-a-car /hotel(?) Innova type 3,4s in black on Bengaluru streets.

At that time it was said that black was only done for fleet/bulk purchases, and if you are lucky, maybe get your car done in black along with the bulk/fleet batch.
Haven't heard the same for the Innova Crysta, atleast in the intial years.
You're right. Black was offered for fleet bookings after Type 1. Other than hotel orders, they were also commissioned by UP and Punjab (Not sure about this) police.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-825928uppolice.jpg

Even blue Innova Crystas were specially ordered by the IAF (Only G 2.4 MT). This is the blue from the Type 2 Innova onwards if I'm not wrong. Would have made for a really nice standard colour TBH.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-iafinnova.jpg
saur95 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st October 2020, 21:31   #2367
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saur95 View Post
Even blue Innova Crystas were specially ordered by the IAF (Only G 2.4 MT). This is the blue from the Type 2 Innova onwards if I'm not wrong. Would have made for a really nice standard colour TBH.
My bad. I had seen the IAF Innova Crystas, but didn't notice the fact that the colour was not a standard one.
Sub consciously my mind equated blue Innova = IAF vehicle. So didn't realise the colour was not a standard one.
DicKy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 13:25   #2368
BHPian

Of late I realized that my BS6 Crysta GX AT didn't come with an engine cover.
Other than aesthetics, does the engine cover has any other role?
Does it help control the NVH levels?
Is it worth getting the engine cover installed ?

regards
Bravo

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-toyotainnovacrysta013.jpg
PC: T-BHP Toyota Innova Crysta: Official Review
Old 4th November 2020, 13:38   #2369
BHPian

Quote:
Is it worth getting the engine cover installed ?
Weight reduction bro!

If anything, your engine will thank you in return, as it’ll now run cooler than having a stupid beauty cover interfere with heat dissipation.

Unless a beauty cover aids with the intake plumbing, or some other functional use, I say good riddance!
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 14:24   #2370
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Of late I realized that my BS6 Crysta GX AT didn't come with an engine cover.
The GX variant irrespective of whether auto or manual never got an engine cover, and other than making the engine look decluttered it has no other purpose.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed