Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2022, 02:55   #2836
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Hi guys , I would like to know how to add apps into the device link . Is there any manual for this? I was able to connect to Android auto but for the device link it told me to disable Android auto. Despite that I am unable to add apps. Can someone plese guide me through the process.

Thanks a bunch
Old 9th January 2022, 07:14   #2837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper21 View Post
Hi guys , I would like to know how to add apps into the device link . Is there any manual for this? I was able to connect to Android auto but for the device link it told me to disable Android auto. Despite that I am unable to add apps. Can someone plese guide me through the process.

Thanks a bunch
From what i know and tried, there are no Apps available to add to smart devicelink in India. Toyota doesnot seem to be investing on this anymore.
PrideRed is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 13:38   #2838
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know the cost of the Innova Connect feature/accessory with geo-fencing, tracking of the vehicle etc.? How does it work - using an e-SIM?
Old 9th January 2022, 17:16   #2839
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Does anyone know the cost of the Innova Connect feature/accessory with geo-fencing, tracking of the vehicle etc.? How does it work - using an e-SIM?
You can check with Carot who are OEM. One word, stay away from it, after the honeymoon period, you will stop using these connected car features unless you let others drive your car frequently. The one provided with Toyota is bare basic and nothing fancy to it.
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 10:56   #2840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
You can check with Carot who are OEM. One word, stay away from it, after the honeymoon period, you will stop using these connected car features unless you let others drive your car frequently. The one provided with Toyota is bare basic and nothing fancy to it.
I was trying to evaluate it more as an anti-theft device. But I guess, the first thing thieves may do is to locate it and remove it. I did not know it was from Carot. Based on your input I found that it gets attached to the OBD port. So it would be very easy to remove it.
Old 10th January 2022, 18:51   #2841
BHPian

Decided to go ahead with roof carrier against the roof box, somehow not convinced on the roof box luggage carrying capacity/volume.

Broadly I guess there are two types of roof carriers - the normal TGA type and the roof hugging aerodynamic type. Which would you recommend for strength and reliability?

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-roof-carrier.jpg

Name:  roofrailcarrierajantainnovacrystaroofrailbodycolor500x500.jpg
Views: 1562
Size:  41.0 KB

The Ajanta roof carrier also looks bigger when compared to the TGA carrier. Anyone used this?
Old 13th January 2022, 16:41   #2842
BHPian

Got the DPF full message on my GX. Is there something that can be done?

I tried maintaining a constant speed for an hour and also pressed the DPF button while parking but nothing worked.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20220113-4.32.30-pm.jpeg  

daf23 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 21:58   #2843
Distinguished - BHPian

Was able to turn off the pitch and bounce control feature. Somehow there were two configurable fields with the same name. The immediate difference in city is that the car is more eager to accelerate out of a hump. Should see how it behaves when the car is loaded.
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-e52e6d9d54c8425cb053e01882e0c2df.jpeg
audioholic is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 22:13   #2844
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daf23 View Post
Got the DPF full message on my GX. Is there something that can be done?

I tried maintaining a constant speed for an hour and also pressed the DPF button while parking but nothing worked.
If DPF is clogged and manual regens are not happening, will have to visit the dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Was able to turn off the pitch and bounce control feature. Somehow there were two configurable fields with the same name. The immediate difference in city is that the car is more eager to accelerate out of a hump. Should see how it behaves when the car is loaded.
Attachment 2259537
That's good to see. How is bounciness? I was following a previous gen Innova, after exiting roadhump I could clearly see it bouncing where as crysta wasn't. Both car had occupants in third row.
Old 13th January 2022, 23:01   #2845
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
I
That's good to see. How is bounciness? I was following a previous gen Innova, after exiting roadhump I could clearly see it bouncing where as crysta wasn't. Both car had occupants in third row.
As I said I haven't taken the car on highway and the car is hardly driven with more than four people on board. Hence need to wait for such an opportunity to arise where the car would at least have six people. Otherwise I do not think if the bouncy behavior can be experienced.

I also observed DPF accumulation ratio to be at 10% 180kms after the last regen. Usually auto regen is triggered around 200kms everytime. Hence I expect this to happen within 20-205% of DPF accumulation and the regen duration is less than ten minutes. This should work well in the longrun since higher the DPF accumulation, greater is the regen duration and effort and if the driving conditions don't permit such lengthy regens, that's going to be problematic. So far in the 14k kms the car has been driven mainly for office commute and a minimum of one highway trip a month and it has always managed auto regen and has never requested for manual regen.

Last edited by audioholic : 13th January 2022 at 23:05.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 20:49   #2846
BANNED

30 days feedback on GX 2.4 MT Diesel:

1. Truly the king of the road - Higher seating position & Wide windscreen
  2. Pickup on tap on Accelerator
  3. Stability on curves (80-100km speed which is my cruising range)
  4. Comfort to all passengers (including 3rd row for 100km commutes, occupied by adults)
  5. Thigh support - Father at 75, didn't get his foot swollen. He suffered even in Scorpio, Etios
  6. FE of 16-19Km/Lt in village-town-highway mix of 1500km drive
  7. Steering smoothness & Headlight throw (i come from Ambassador and Indica vista, have seen other reviews complaining about these)

Dislikes:
  1. Grumbling engine sound tearing into the cabin at 4th gear at 40kmph speed (force you to downshift and add jerkiness to passengers)
  2. Gear knob rattle sound on starting and stopping the engine
  3. Authorized Service Center (ASC) lack of completeness in accessories fitment (they disturbed the driver side Auto window switch and its fuse burnt within 1500km)
  4. ASC messed up in positioning of spare wheel holding clamp (should neatly slot into the 2 grooves in the spare wheel)
  5. No lighting in door lock/unlock, Passenger side Window up/down in master control switches
  6. Did a Anti-corrosive underbody coating at ASC and folks sprayed the coating to a sensor connected to the exhaust pipe. See the pic, is it ok? Till now, no issue.
    Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-coating-onsensor_edited.png

Help needed:
  1. If the battery is worn out in the master key, Can it be replaced DIY? Is the genuine TOYOYA battery available in amazon/flipkart or have to get it from ASC?
  2. Side view mirror auto fold - Is it possible to open one side alone?
  3. How to open the plastic cladding above AdBlue cap in order to fill it easily?
  4. Water accumulation in Diesel filter removal knob, see the below pic - Do we need to release it every 1000km or can wait till shown in MID?
    Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-dieselfilterknobwaterremovaledited.png
  5. Inside the bonnet, a sticker mentioning air release valve in coolant tank. Has anyone DIY?
  6. Owner manual shows two type of external indication for battery fluid but ASC says 2021 models dont come with that type of battery and has to open up the battery tank knobs.
  7. Do we need to remove +ve, -ve terminals before opening the battery tank knob to see water level?
  8. Is the screw jack point near to cross member arm - See below pic:
    Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-jackpoint_edited.png
  9. KM range shown in MID seems to be of 45L tank (Full fuel tank capacity: 55L - Reserve tank: 9.8L). See the below picture which shows the fuel tank small compartment.
    Caption: Is the smaller one for reserve tank? Do Low Fuel indication comes up once 45L tank dried?
    Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-fuel-tank-small-comp_edited.png

10. PFA the picture of bottom side - coupling between flywheel and drive shaft assembly rusted. Is it normal for a new vehicle?
    Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-coupling-rust.jpg

Thanks a lot for Team BHP inputs for the great knowledge shared across.

Last edited by Wheels : 14th January 2022 at 20:54. Reason: Edited few lines for crisp info
Wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 21:10   #2847
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
Help needed:
  1. If the battery is worn out in the master key, Can it be replaced DIY? Is the genuine TOYOYA battery available in amazon/flipkart or have to get it from ASC?
In the ZX the smart key comes with a standard CR2032 cell which is commonly available outside. Should not be a problem to replace.

Quote:
  1. Side view mirror auto fold - Is it possible to open one side alone?
  2. How to open the plastic cladding above AdBlue cap in order to fill it easily?
The mirrors operate in sync so I dont think its possible to operate only one side for fold/unfold.

For the Adblue cap, the cladding has a separate piece at this point and only this can be removed easily after removing the rubber seal that runs across the cowl. But to fill adblue I would recommend using a funnel with a filler neck which would avoid spillage.

Quote:
  1. Water accumulation in Diesel filter removal knob, see the below pic - Do we need to release it every 1000km or can wait till shown in MID?
  2. Inside the bonnet, a sticker mentioning air release valve in coolant tank. Has anyone DIY?
  3. Owner manual shows two type of external indication for battery fluid but ASC says 2021 models dont come with that type of battery and has to open up the battery tank knobs.
  4. Do we need to remove +ve, -ve terminals before opening the battery tank knob to see water level?
In general I would say you can stop worrying about opening the bonnet of the car since that would not be required. But for battery fluid if you really want to keep a watch you can do that without disconnecting the battery.

Quote:
KM range shown in MID seems to be of 45L tank (Full fuel tank capacity: 55L - Reserve tank: 9.8L). See the below picture which shows the fuel tank small compartment.
  1. Caption: Is the smaller one for reserve tank? Do Low Fuel indication comes up once 45L tank dried?
  2. PFA the picture of bottom side - coupling between flywheel and drive shaft assembly rusted. Is it normal for a new vehicle?
The range display is pretty conservative. But I havent tested it to its limits since the car is usually filled up close to quarter tank. The coupling looks pretty bad, so you could probably check once with the ASC. But this being a cast iron part and if its not supposed to be painted then there shouldnt be much of worry. I havent seen this part in my car since its an automatic.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 18:37   #2848
BHPian

Quote:
30 days feedback on GX 2.4 MT Diesel:

Dislikes:
  1. Grumbling engine sound tearing into the cabin at 4th gear at 40kmph speed (force you to downshift and add jerkiness to passengers)
  2. No lighting in door lock/unlock, Passenger side Window up/down in master control switches
These bothered me as well - annoying because I am used to the backlit lock & unlock switches.
Engine noise was pretty good for me until I changed the panels.

Quote:
Thanks a lot for Team BHP inputs for the great knowledge shared across.
+1 ... some great feedback on this thread. Fantastic resource.

Old 22nd January 2022, 22:46   #2849
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
The range display is pretty conservative. But I havent tested it to its limits since the car is usually filled up close to quarter tank.
Filled rank today after RANGE showed 20km and "Fill Fuel" indication showed in MID. Surprisingly only 41.5 Lt needed to fill the tank. Fuel gauge pointer was at 'E' and the last indication in fuel gauge is the Fuel station emblem which i believe is the reserve tank capacity (reserve of 13.5 Lt fuel).- Can this be used for the drive or is it meant for DPF burn (some quantity of fuel is sprayed at high pressure in exhaust pipe to burn SO2). When is the vehicle run out of fuel practically?
Wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 23:48   #2850
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
(reserve of 13.5 Lt fuel).- Can this be used for the drive or is it meant for DPF burn (some quantity of fuel is sprayed at high pressure in exhaust pipe to burn SO2). When is the vehicle run out of fuel practically?
I have also usually filled around 40lts so far and never more than 45. I was in a crysta taxi last month and this guy drove for quite a bit even after the meter was close to E and was pretty confident of that saying that he can do more. So its just a conservative fuel gauge. In my SX4, tank capacity is 50L and even though I have driven it until the meter went flat on one occasion i was able to fill only 46L.

There is no separate capacity for DPF so no confusion there. The DPF injector is fed by the same fuel rail as the other injectors and with the same supply from tank.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks