Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2022, 20:08   #2896
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
This car also looks to be accessorized. The chrome strip on the door isnt a standard offering either. The scam some dealers play is to list an additional cost for 'Standard' accessories which will include such bits, window visor, chrome stickers all over the car and so on. For those who dont question or are ok with all these accessories, its an additional revenue for the dealer. Hence only those who are specific would get the real standard stuff from the factory In my case I had mentioned I am completely against any chrome bits pasted nor those window visors. I did not chose that standard accessory package. Guess thats the catch here.
I think this explains the difference.
I don't like even a sticker on the car. Most of these accessories even from OEM or dealer look downright cheap. I have seen some tasteful kits on Thailand or Malaysian models.
Also I find the X model in some of these countries more visually appealing from outside.
https://www.wapcar.my/cars/toyota/innova/images
poloman is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 10:18   #2897
Senior - BHPian

2023 Toyota Innova New Gen Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch.

Read more at

https://www.rushlane.com/2023-toyota...-12422265.html .
Attached Images

Bibendum90949 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 10:22   #2898
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
2023 Toyota Innova New Gen Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch.

Read more at

https://www.rushlane.com/2023-toyota...-12422265.html .
Those are not even the real body panels so it's difficult to really make out the differences.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 01:04   #2899
BHPian

Hello All
Just came back from a Bangalore Hassan roadtrip and here are some observations and questions ( diesel GX automatic)
1. Fuel economy is around 10+ tankful to tankful. MID shows 11.7. i have done 1000 kms so far. Is it expected to increase or this is it? Not a heavy foot driver.
2. Please suggest good replacement bulbs preferably LED for low beam. That are plug and play. High beam is ok I think
3. Squeaking brakes.
4. On one occasion while in drive mode , I was accelarating and thought I heard a sort of grinding noise, the type of noise in manual cars if you don't depress the clutch enough and try to engage the gear. Not sure what that was . Anyone has any idea or heard anything like this . Must have been going from 4 to 5 or 5 to 6.
6. Wooden panel accesory on the dash is vibrating even after they said they fixed the rattle. My take: it's not worth it. The silver would have done the job

Overall car is good. Was able to keep a steady 90 to 100 kmph and engine is relaxed. Power mode is a boon on State highways. Good stability overall.
Viper21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 07:08   #2900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper21 View Post
2. Please suggest good replacement bulbs preferably LED for low beam. That are plug and play. High beam is ok I think
After experimenting with Philips and Osram LED I found the Blaupunkt to be the best option. Simple plug and play, beam is atleast two times brighter than Philips or Osram Link
bravo82in is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 21:10   #2901
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
After experimenting with Philips and Osram LED I found the Blaupunkt to be the best option. Simple plug and play, beam is atleast two times brighter than Philips or Osram Link
Thanks man. Got the blaupunkt as per your recommendation. I am super happy . Thanks again.
Old 2nd March 2022, 12:11   #2902
BANNED

I am in the market to buy a highway dude as my civic is ageing.

Does it make lot of sense to wait for new Crysta or thats going to be atleast 2 yrs away ?
Old 4th March 2022, 15:48   #2903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
I am in the market to buy a highway dude as my civic is ageing.

Does it make lot of sense to wait for new Crysta or thats going to be atleast 2 yrs away ?
At the time the top end cost would have breached 40L on-road.
Old 4th March 2022, 16:17   #2904
Senior - BHPian

I was also in dilemma whether to wait for the new Innova particularly since rumors of a hybrid engine are floating around. But there was no clarity in any of these. Also there are speculations of the platform moving to a FWD one. I would have liked a frugal advanced hybrid engine, but how much that is going to affect the bullet proof reliability of Innova was a concern. FWD also was non impressive to me. And surely the OTR prices may breach 35L. So sticking to my booking and may be it is the last chance to own Innova in its current form which is a good thing.
poloman is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 15:44   #2905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
I was also in dilemma whether to wait for the new Innova particularly since rumors of a hybrid engine are floating around. But there was no clarity in any of these. Also there are speculations of the platform moving to a FWD one. I would have liked a frugal advanced hybrid engine, but how much that is going to affect the bullet proof reliability of Innova was a concern. FWD also was non impressive to me. And surely the OTR prices may breach 35L. So sticking to my booking and may be it is the last chance to own Innova in its current form which is a good thing.
Innova with a FWD is as awful as it sounds. I wish Toyota keeps it this way at least with the Innova.
theGeekyLad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 08:27   #2906
BHPian

Hello,

Is it possible to add the speed sense door lock feature to the Crysta V 2018? Its the one thing I miss from my older car!

Thank you
Old 8th March 2022, 09:17   #2907
Distinguished - BHPian

This joined the family couple of months back.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20220305_071514.jpg

These are some of my observations after 400km drive with 5 passengers and a fully loaded boot. We have the 6 seater version so had to use one seat on the 3rd row.

1) Used a mix of Eco and Power mode. Eco mode was effortless to drive while cruising but lacked the punch during overtakes especially in the hilly terrain. Power mode solved all these and never felt the car was carrying a huge load.

2) Powered seats was a blessing to find that sweet spot.

3) The steering wheel had very less travel (tilt adjustment) and it was almost rubbing my lap (I sit high). But loved the wooden insert and provided ample grip. I thought it would be slippery.

4) Got the 360 camera installed. I found the quality to be poor and definitely not worth the premium that they charge. Also, the controller is fiddly to use. But something like this is pretty useful.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20220307_190106.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20220307_190120.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20220307_190137.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20220305-11.51.19-am.jpeg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20220306-12.05.53-pm.jpeg

5) Somehow couldn't get the Android Auto to work. Plugged in to the USB slot in front, installed Toyota app and tried all possible ways. Then noticed that the front USB showed the charging symbol and the one on the center armrest had the USB symbol. Plugged it on the center armrest and got the Android Auto working. They simply should have added this in the front.

6) Headlights (low beam) are pathetic especially on the highway and hilly terrain. Luckily had upgraded the high beams to LED's and that helped us on deserted roads in the hilly terrain.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20220307_184235.jpg

7) AC was a chiller. Even on a sunny and humid day, 25-26 degree AC setting was enough to cool the entire car.

8) The boot soft close was discovered last weekend. Never knew such a feature was even there. As the boot door is pretty heavy, this isn't all that necessary but since we had a loaded boot, this was very useful.

9) Since the car has a huge glass area, sun shades are a must.

10) As for the mileage, we got around 11 kmpl - 400 km, fully loaded car, mixed road conditions (city, 2 lane state highway, hilly terrain) which I feel is pretty good.

Here are some random pictures of the drive.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20220305_164744.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20220305_204941.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20220306_113649.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20220306_125506.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20220306_144800.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20220306_144804.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20220306_200408.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20220307-19.03.45.jpeg
naveen.raju is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 11:21   #2908
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
This joined the family couple of months back.

4) Got the 360 camera installed. I found the quality to be poor and definitely not worth the premium that they charge. Also, the controller is fiddly to use. But something like this is pretty useful.
Congratulation and wishing you happy miles. Is this the Modiber unit and I believe costs upward of 40K.
Old 8th March 2022, 11:34   #2909
BHPian

My 2016 Oct Crysta is nearing 1L kms and the gear seems a bit reluctant while pulling to reverse gear and then if I slightly release the clutch, them the gear will get into the reverse slot.
Similar reluctance is there while putting from 1st to 2nd gear.

Is it because of a worn out clutch which needs to be replaced?

What's the usual odo readings on which clutch needs a replacement?
Old 8th March 2022, 17:14   #2910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibin View Post
Is it because of a worn out clutch which needs to be replaced?

What's the usual odo readings on which clutch needs a replacement?
Firstly replace the gear oil if it hasn't been done then get the brake/clutch oil checked and replaced. Bleeding should be done properly.
There is no guideline for clutch replacement by odo reading. Clutches don't need to be replaced so early generally.
Stolidus500 is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed