Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2022, 12:34   #2971
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by XUV500_BLR View Post
Now my question is Innova is now for its suspension which is loved by the rear seat passengers (as this has a float effect) and glides though most pot holes comfortably. How much of this would be reduced, is it worth the tradeoff ?
I have tein edfc active installed in my Crysta 2.8z. This is how it works.

You can adjust suspension stiffness from 1-16 steps (You can make it up to 1-64 steps) by the press of a button. 16 being the softest, equivalent to stock vehicle and 1 being the stiffest.

There are many more adaptive settings. I have set mine in auto. So at low speeds, suspension will be at 16 (soft) and as the speed builds up, suspension stiffens. Also based on your driving, suspension auto adjusts to limit nose dive & body roll.
smasher is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st April 2022, 13:33   #2972
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRJ View Post
Folks, asking for a friend, what’s a good price to pay for a 2019 Feb Innova Crysta D 2.8 ZX AT 7 seater run 20,000 kms? Cheers!
Anything between ₹23-25 Lakh should be a good price. ₹0.5-1 Lakh difference maybe there depending on the city where the car is.
Old 22nd April 2022, 12:34   #2973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smasher View Post
I have tein edfc active installed in my Crysta 2.8z. This is how it works.

You can adjust suspension stiffness from 1-16 steps (You can make it up to 1-64 steps) by the press of a button. 16 being the softest, equivalent to stock vehicle and 1 being the stiffest.

There are many more adaptive settings. I have set mine in auto. So at low speeds, suspension will be at 16 (soft) and as the speed builds up, suspension stiffens. Also based on your driving, suspension auto adjusts to limit nose dive & body roll.
Thank you so much for the reply and this setup looks best suggested to the ideal scenario that I what, the super cool aspect is the possibility of adjusting or the auto adjust based on the speed.

Did you get this set up in India or US - where can one buy and How much did it cost ?

Last edited by XUV500_BLR : 22nd April 2022 at 12:51.
Old 23rd April 2022, 15:06   #2974
BANNED

2.4 GX 2021 model, How many USB ports do we have? I want to use android auto navigation and pen drive for playing songs simultaneously. Right now, i have pen drive alone in the port given in the arm rest and Phone USB cable (for Android Auto) is not getting recognized in the port given near to Power mode button.

Last edited by Wheels : 23rd April 2022 at 15:07. Reason: Spelling correction
Old 23rd April 2022, 16:08   #2975
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
2.4 GX 2021 model, How many USB ports do we have? I want to use android auto navigation and pen drive for playing songs simultaneously. Right now, i have pen drive alone in the port given in the arm rest and Phone USB cable (for Android Auto) is not getting recognized in the port given near to Power mode button.
For Android Auto / Apple CarPlay / USB to work, the cable needs to be slotted in the USB port behind the centre armrest for the driver and co-driver.

The USB port near the power button is only for charging a device.
Old 23rd April 2022, 21:47   #2976
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
For Android Auto / Apple CarPlay / USB to work, the cable needs to be slotted in the USB port behind the centre armrest for the driver and co-driver.

The USB port near the power button is only for charging a device.
Does it mean that we can't have both Music from pendrive and Android auto simultaneously? Is it possible to play music by bluetooth and have Android Auto connected through the USB port?
Old 24th April 2022, 18:28   #2977
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does it mean that we can't have both Music from pendrive and Android auto simultaneously? Is it possible to play music by bluetooth and have Android Auto connected through the USB port?
Pen drive when connected to the front USB port is not recognized or read. I think it is only for charging. When you connect the pen drive to the rear USB (the same one used for Android Auto) it gets read correctly. So you cannot have both (pen drive and Android Auto) at the same time as the audio source.
pjbiju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2022, 18:53   #2978
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
So you cannot have both (pen drive and Android Auto) at the same time as the audio source.
Ok, thanks. Through bluetooth, was able to play music and with USB connected to phone, was able to access Android Auto. This can be the workaround option.
Another question on the infotainment software update, can this be updated by connecting thro USB phone mobile data (or) only ASCs can do?
Old 25th April 2022, 07:48   #2979
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ok, thanks. Through bluetooth, was able to play music and with USB connected to phone, was able to access Android Auto. This can be the workaround option.
Another question on the infotainment software update, can this be updated by connecting thro USB phone mobile data (or) only ASCs can do?
Front USB is only for charging. I wasted some time trying to activate Android Auto from this slot.
Yes, you can update the software using the USB. Go to the site, check for any software update. If available, you can download the software on to the USB and upgrade it.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2022, 09:13   #2980
Senior - BHPian

Any recommendations for a Music system? My Crysta G is a 2019 model. Had picked the one that came with the Z trim then. The map my india chip is lost. Also, this doesn’t have Apple car play. I’m thinking it’s time for an upgrade.
Old 25th April 2022, 09:20   #2981
BHPian

Did any one of you do oil and/or oil filter change after the first 1000 kms? My first 1000 kms service/check up is due and was wondering if I should change it. Yes toyota has engine brake-in period as per its user manual and no the service schedule doesnt mention changing oil at 1000 kms.
Old 25th April 2022, 09:39   #2982
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Any recommendations for a Music system? My Crysta G is a 2019 model. Had picked the one that came with the Z trim then. The map my india chip is lost. Also, this doesn’t have Apple car play. I’m thinking it’s time for an upgrade.
Pioneer units are good, they now do have 9 inch screen to incase you need a larger one. Price is on the higher side. Z4450BT is the starting range with Android Auto/Carplay. Sony units are quite good too and slightly cheaper than Pioneer.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2022, 10:07   #2983
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
Did any one of you do oil and/or oil filter change after the first 1000 kms? My first 1000 kms service/check up is due and was wondering if I should change it. Yes toyota has engine brake-in period as per its user manual and no the service schedule doesnt mention changing oil at 1000 kms.
Toyota/ dealer won't recommmend changing the oil at the 1000km service.

But if you insist, the dealer will change the oil, with them mentioning in the service report, " Oil changed at 1000km service as per customer request. "

Just like the engine break-in, modern engines may not need an oil change early, but we can change it to be on the safe side.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2022, 11:06   #2984
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
I have the pioneer DMH-ZS9350BT. Pretty good. Smooth on both wireless AA and Carplay

About 80k

The 6350 is smaller but otherwise the same. About 50k

There is also a Crysta ICE thread. Please check there too

Last edited by sridhu : 25th April 2022 at 11:08.
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2022, 15:42   #2985
Distinguished - BHPian

One of the rare days our car gets to bask in the heat of the sun. Otherwise it is generally covered and always parked in the shade I just love the grunt of the engine and the torque delivered in the power end which takes on rough roads and inclines with ease.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-a9ba63d3bff047c4877df92baca86df5.jpeg
audioholic is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks