Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2022, 12:54   #3031
BANNED

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Unfortunately no way to measure the current level of Adblue or know when it is full. I just fill it to the brim until I can see the DEF close to the neck of the filler. If you do this yourself, please be careful against any spillage and completely avoid spillage. Also avoid contact with bare hands. I have filled once when I still had 2200kms left and it took 8 liters of Adblue only. The total capacity is around 12 liters.
MID showed "Fill AdBlue in 1000km" and it took 9L. Had light spillage but clothes covered proactively saved the engine parts and whatever spilled was immediately washed with water. You've to keep the funnel pipe in straight line to the AdBlue inlet quickly once you tilt it to avoid spill. That's the magic. The spilled place was left with some powder once dried in the air (Oxidized Ammonia) and can be easily removed.

Last edited by Wheels : 16th May 2022 at 12:55. Reason: grammar
Old 18th May 2022, 22:13   #3032
BANNED

Have observed water like substance dropped from exhaust after parking the vehicle. I understand that the AC water outlet pipe is in the front (before clutch assembly). Did anyone observe this?
Old 18th May 2022, 22:59   #3033
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
Have observed water like substance dropped from exhaust after parking the vehicle. I understand that the AC water outlet pipe is in the front (before clutch assembly). Did anyone observe this?
The Innova has an evaporator at the rear right too with its own drain pipe. Must be water from that part draining out. Nothing to worry about.

Last edited by Aditya : 19th May 2022 at 04:59. Reason: As requested
vishy76 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 23:56   #3034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
The Innova has an evaporator at the rear right too with its own drain pipe. Must be water from that part draining out. Nothing to worry about.
It is actually a cooling coil / evaporator coil, which has it's own drain pipe to drain out water formed due to condensation.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20220511-5.11.58-pm.jpeg

Last edited by Aditya : 19th May 2022 at 05:00. Reason: Quoted text edited
WhiteSierra is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 12:04   #3035
BANNED

Two queries:
Query 1:
I want to fit an accessory to protect the paint surface of the lower panel to the dickey door. In dealer's accessory list, i see "Rear bumper step guard" meets the requirement but it seems very costly Rs. 5,200 for a sticker kind of material!!!

The surface is scratched (see below pic) due to
a) While loading/unloading luggage
b) Removing/Loading spare tyre

Pic1: Scratches in dickey panel:
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-bonnet_scratch_highlighted.png

Pic2: Dealer accessory - Rear bumper step guard Rs. 5,200
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-rear-bumper-step-guard-rs5200.jpeg

Query2:
Have seen a panel cut in the 3rd row both left & right side. Is it just for design or can be converted to storage area?
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-3rd-row-panel_highlighted.png
Wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 17:29   #3036
BHPian

I have recently booked Innova GX AT. To be honest I didn't even consider any rivals. This one will replace my Ecosport.

One thing that is putting me in doubt is the average running cost. Please see if my calculations are correct.

Running 1500 km/month - Fuel - 15000 (Gurgaon - Del Traffic)
Service Cost- 15k / year - 1250
Insurance - 80k / year - 6700
Wash/Clean Misc. - 2000
-----------------------------------------

Rs. 24950 p.m. + EMI -Rs. 30,000 = Roughly 55k/month +1/2k for adblue

Please advise if my estimates are accurate or not.

Last edited by BB311 : 19th May 2022 at 17:30. Reason: missed a point
BB311 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 18:20   #3037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB311 View Post
Running 1500 km/month - Fuel - 15000 (Gurgaon - Del Traffic)
Service Cost- 15k / year - 1250
Insurance - 80k / year - 6700
Wash/Clean Misc. - 2000
Rs. 24950 p.m. + EMI -Rs. 30,000 = Roughly 55k/month +1/2k for adblue
Please advise if my estimates are accurate or not.
If you are counting 2 services a year then 15k per year sounds okay. First 20,000 km assuming you change air filter every service and ac filter every 2nd service, you will not cross 8k, after that 3-4000 labour charges will be applicable. Still till 80,000 km your service bill will rarely cross 12k excluding alignment and balancing.

Stock tyres last around 40-60,000 km and good aftermarket 16 inch tyres will cost around 40,000 per set and they last longer in my experience. So after 50,000, add 0.5 rs per km for tyres. Around 1.5 rupee per km for tolls for highways(This may vary by location). Adblue will cost around 2000 per year for 18000 km yearly running.

Brake pads cost around 10,000 in ASC and may last anywhere from 25000 km to Lakh km depending on your driving. Wiper Blades can last for 2-3 years or more, again depending on your usage and location.

Other than this, add discretionary expenses and you can reliably predict your running costs.
Hope this helps!
Stolidus500 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 18:22   #3038
BHPian

I have my Innova Crysta parked in spaces with no ceiling / roof sometimes. Recently when we were traveling long, my family heard water "swish"-ing sounds from the front door, when there was no water bottle on the door pockets stored. We then realised that water has entered the door interior and needs to be drained. I found some drain hole at the bottom, removed the rubber clip and was able to drain off the water. After some 10 days, I heard the same sounds on the left side rear passenger door and again, used the same way to drain the water from the doors.

I am wondering how the water would have entered the doors? I checked the rubber beading over the passenger door glasses and there is no gap there. Could someone advise from where the water could be seeping inside? What precautionary measures to take?
cs_rajesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 20:57   #3039
BHPian

What is the fuel tank capacity of the Innova crysta? When i get a reserve light and MID refuel message and I fill up the tank, the auto cutoff is reached around 40 lts. However I think the manual states that the capacity is 55 litres? Does this mean that there is reserve fuel of 15 liters and I can still travel atleast another 100 kms safely?
Old 19th May 2022, 22:44   #3040
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Query 1:
I want to fit an accessory to protect the paint surface of the lower panel to the dickey door. In dealer's accessory list, i see "Rear bumper step guard" meets the requirement but it seems very costly Rs. 5,200 for a sticker kind of material!!!

The surface is scratched (see below pic) due to
a) While loading/unloading luggage
b) Removing/Loading spare tyre

Pic1: Scratches in dickey panel
I think you can paste transparent adhesive film in this area. Its easily available in local market / Amazon. It'll be much cheaper.

For example : https://www.amazon.in/KREEPO-Transparent-Acrylic-Adhesive-Resistant/dp/B07Q7Z25Y7 INR 249 only [12''x25'']
AutoNoob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 06:25   #3041
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by contentedbloke View Post
What is the fuel tank capacity of the Innova crysta? When i get a reserve light and MID refuel message and I fill up the tank, the auto cutoff is reached around 40 lts. However I think the manual states that the capacity is 55 litres? Does this mean that there is reserve fuel of 15 liters and I can still travel atleast another 100 kms safely?
Your understanding is correct. When the reserve light comes on, it has consumed only around 40 litres of the total 55 liters of fuel. I generally fill within 50 kms after the needle reaches the E line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
I think you can paste transparent adhesive film in this area. Its easily available in local market / Amazon. It'll be much cheaper.

For example : https://www.amazon.in/KREEPO-Transparent-Acrylic-Adhesive-Resistant/dp/B07Q7Z25Y7 INR 249 only [12''x25'']
3m car care ( paint protection film ) also has a similar solution. I've been using them for the last 4.5 years. It has help up well.
amalji is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 08:16   #3042
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am assuming that you are talking about water drops from tailpipe/ end of exhaust.

Few drops of water from tail pipe are common. Water is on one of the components of exhaust. At higher temperatures and exhaust flow, while vehicle is running, it evaporates fast. After vehicle is stopped, there's no flow to carry those in air and condensation takes place.

This is more visible when ambient temperature is suitable for condensation.

Unless there's stream of water coming from tailpipe, there's no point to worry.
AutoNoob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 10:18   #3043
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_rajesh View Post

I am wondering how the water would have entered the doors? I checked the rubber beading over the passenger door glasses and there is no gap there. Could someone advise from where the water could be seeping inside? What precautionary measures to take?
Most likely from window beading. While there is no gap, the beading absorbs some water and starts dripping inside. There will be some water seeping in most cars but that should get drained unless some blockage. I had my aftermarket crossovers go kaput because some of seepage though there was no water accumulated.
PrideRed is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 16:24   #3044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smasher View Post
I have tein edfc active installed in my Crysta 2.8z. This is how it works.

You can adjust suspension stiffness from 1-16 steps (You can make it up to 1-64 steps) by the press of a button. 16 being the softest, equivalent to stock vehicle and 1 being the stiffest.

There are many more adaptive settings. I have set mine in auto. So at low speeds, suspension will be at 16 (soft) and as the speed builds up, suspension stiffens. Also based on your driving, suspension auto adjusts to limit nose dive & body roll.
Hi, I am keen in understanding the setup. How did it work for you ? Is there a way I could meet you to see your car or talk over phone ? After a lot of look though of so much technical content out on TeamBHP I thought I should either go with bilstein b6 or Endura pro plus. So I kind of lost where to source the Endura pro plus and cost. I do have information about B6.

Would appreciate thoughts and guidance on this subject.
XUV500_BLR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 16:51   #3045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevintomin View Post
May I know if there is any change in height compared to stock suspension. Thanks
Sorry for the late reply.

There is absolutely no chance in ground clearance/height. Only Stiffness is altered.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks