Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2022, 16:57   #3046
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by XUV500_BLR View Post
Did you get this set up in India or US - where can one buy and How much did it cost ?
Sorry for the late reply.

My car had it, fitted by previous owner. I understand Toyota dealership sells this. The suspension and controlling unit is about 1.3 lakhs. And optional GPS unit will cost another 30k+ (ballpark figures)
smasher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 17:56   #3047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smasher View Post
Sorry for the late reply.

My car had it, fitted by previous owner. I understand Toyota dealership sells this. The suspension and controlling unit is about 1.3 lakhs. And optional GPS unit will cost another 30k+ (ballpark figures)
Oh great that's something I have not heard off, especially dealerships do such enhancement. Which dealer was this any idea ? Nandi/ Viva or Ravindu ?
Old 21st May 2022, 07:51   #3048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Most likely from window beading. While there is no gap, the beading absorbs some water and starts dripping inside. There will be some water seeping in most cars but that should get drained unless some blockage. I had my aftermarket crossovers go kaput because some of seepage though there was no water accumulated.
I have had 4 cars in my ownership and this is the first and seems the worst. Maruti, mahindra and Hyundai cars, never faced water seepage through the beading into the doors. I definitely cannot accept water seepage for sure and it is a product defect in my opinion. Taking the car to service today.
cs_rajesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 15:42   #3049
BHPian

Hello All,

I have booked the Innova Crysta G AT model last month in Bangalore and expecting the delivery sometime in June '22. I need suggestions from you on the accessories:
- Which all accessories are suggested are definitely needed?
- Should we get these accessories only from Toyota showroom?
- Where can we get good accessories in Bangalore other than from Toyota showroom?
- Should we go for PPF coating? If yes, where in Bangalore can we get a good one and at reasonable price (also mention the price, if you know)?

Thanks,
Niranjan R U
nirleo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 16:05   #3050
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_rajesh View Post
I have had 4 cars in my ownership and this is the first and seems the worst. Maruti, mahindra and Hyundai cars, never faced water seepage through the beading into the doors. I definitely cannot accept water seepage for sure and it is a product defect in my opinion. Taking the car to service today.
This is probably one of the niggles of Innova Crysta. Remember seeing someone else also had reported same issue in Forum, had to replace power window related stuff.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 22:27   #3051
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
This is probably one of the niggles of Innova Crysta. Remember seeing someone else also had reported same issue in Forum, had to replace power window related stuff.
The service folks claim that it is normal that water enters the windows, for the front door, via the quarter glass panel edges. They claim that the beading around the glass area does not shield water from entering the door. Often water shall enter and drain from the hole at the bottom of the door compartment. This hole is usually sealed with a rubber stopper and it is to be removed and the hole to be kept open it seems.
They also claim that the passage for the water entering thus, is ensured not to cross with the electronic components inside the door.
Since I was not there when they opened the door panels, I am not sure how that would be possible.

Pictures from Innova Crysta and Innova doors was shared by whatsapp.
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-door-4.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-door-3.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-door-2.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-door-1.jpg

Toyota charged 1000 and odd bucks to open, investigate, clean the door inside and that's it.
cs_rajesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 16:59   #3052
BHPian

Need urgent advice. This is a 2018 Innova Crysta 2.8ZX AT done 39000kms with service history. Car has been serviced on time. Insurance is valid. Tyres are new. Front right fender, front bumper and rear bumper has been repainted. Final price is 2075000. Is it worth it? What should be the issues I will be looking at?
Sagar.Agarwal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 14:16   #3053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagar.Agarwal View Post
Need urgent advice. This is a 2018 Innova Crysta 2.8ZX AT done 39000kms with service history. Car has been serviced on time. Insurance is valid. Tyres are new. Front right fender, front bumper and rear bumper has been repainted. Final price is 2075000. Is it worth it? What should be the issues I will be looking at?
So Sagar, As per Delhi Prices you are getting 4 years old car around 11.25 lac cheaper. I would say - Follow team bhp used car check list & Get car check at Toyota dealership. Check why fender & other parts were painted & get everything verified.

Given in Delhi NCR we have 10 yr Rule, i would have suggested not to go ahead, but since you're in Pune & if everything turns out ok , i think it's a ok to good deal. However, there are still some room for Negotiations to make it sweeter.
woodstock3001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2022, 00:01   #3054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagar.Agarwal View Post
Based on what you have mentioned and the ODO meter reading i assume that the condition of the car should be fairly good but the asking price is too high, you should try negotiating with the seller and the best price should be some where around 18.5- 19,anything more than that shouldn't we worth spending.
zaid qazi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2022, 00:48   #3055
BHPian

Thanks a lot @woodstock3001 and@zaid. This car was through Spinny. At 20,70,000 found it expensive for the compromises. The car history was clean. The painting was done at the workshop. But the heavy steering in the city what tilted against it. We will still rent a self drive Crysta for long trips and probably buy the mg zs ev for daily commutes.
Sagar.Agarwal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2022, 14:58   #3056
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_rajesh View Post
Toyota charged 1000 and odd bucks to open, investigate, clean the door inside and that's it.
Happens with my Innova every time (and a friends too), we use toothpick / floss brushes carefully to clear the water.
Old 3rd June 2022, 23:20   #3057
Distinguished - BHPian

Completed the 2yr/20k kms service at 18500kms on the odo. Last service was at 8000 odd kms and hence decided to send the car. My only complaint was that the middle and rear seats were rattling. Everything else was just fine as good as when we got the car.

Service experience at Ravindu Toyota was satisifactory. Since I had the service package remaining, the SA did not push for any unnecessary items. However, there were a few annoying observations.
  • Service bill has an observation that the rear rims are bent. Now this is after pretty careful use and not crashing into any pothole so far and rarely loading the rear seat. Of course the bend is not visible to the eye but I believe there is a slight run out. Apart from this no issues like wobbling or air loss. But this is not good news.
  • The front camber adjustment bolt and plate had some play, so it was replaced costing some 1.3k.
  • Seat rattle was not fixed and I had to give the SA a mouthful when the car was dropped home. The problem lies in the floor latch where there is some play in all seat buckles and the driver mentioned Toyota has a foam kit to repair this or rather keep the play in check. But its a stupid issue IMO. The seats are meant to be folded and unfolded frequently so its Toyotas duty to prevent this issue.
  • Looks like they scam well with the wiper blades. Every service, the wiper blades get cut mysteriously. During last service, I drove in with perfect wiper blades, but the SA came to me and said that they are cut. When I walked towards the car, he suddenly changes his stand and mentions it doesnt need replacement. But I anyway ask him to replace it since I was pissed off. Later I am provided the so called old blade which has such a long cut, that anyone in my family would have noticed it well before this service.
  • But now coming to the latest service, the scam was different. When the car was sent in, both the blades were as good as new. Neither did the SA mention that there was a cut. But car returned with both blades cut and the same mentioned in service observations. But I was never informed of the same nor asked for replacement. I strongly feel they have swapped the blade with a different car and then only towards the end mentioned in the bill to keep themselves safe.
Either way, if not for the car performing flawlessly, the Toyota service experience is just average, save for the fact that they are systematic, do a good job of cleaning the car and there is extreme order in the system.
audioholic is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th June 2022, 21:50   #3058
BHPian

Innova Crysta 2.7 AT owner drives a 2.8 AT

To give some background, we own a Toyota Innova Crysta 2.7 Petrol Automatic (2019) at home, which is mostly driven by my dad for his everyday commute (he thinks it's the best car on this planet and he can leave anyone behind with the 2.7 litre engine). I am able to get my hands on it at least once or twice a week and I can say that am very much familiar with the car, and have been able to take it on family road trips. I love driving the car, and revving the 2.7 litre Dual-VVT-i motor (which I later regret seeing petrol prices at Rs. 11x.xx). I won't add much here as I recently wrote another post quoted here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by adigup View Post
Innova Crysta 2.7 ZX AT
I have driven a cousins' 2.4 G Manual, which definitely felt great because you can never go wrong with a diesel Innova. The car never fails to surprise. It feels very lively and reminds me of our old 2013 2.5 VX Innova.

One of my very close friends has a 2.8 ZX AT and while I always got the chance to drive it with him in the city, I never got the experience the motor beyond 3,500 rpm and 75 kmph. Recently, our group of 4 friends planned a trip from Delhi to Landour and back, we decided to take the 2.8 ZX AT as the other two Innovas in our group are 2.7 ZX AT (mine) and 2.7 VX MT (another friend's), and seeing the petrol prices and some other factors we didn't even think of the 2.7s.

Out of 4, the two of us drove and I can clearly say that I got to fully experience the 2.8 litre diesel. The total trip was around 630 kms and I drove 300 kms which was in Delhi and on the Meerut highway (till Chhutmalpur) and then my friend took over from there. The best part was that since we have a ZX at home, I felt at home driving his car (or like there was no difficulty getting 'familiar' with it).

While I always loved the initial grunt and power of the 2.8 on the city, it just felt very bland and un-enthusiastic compared to the 2.7 on the highways. The steering felt heavy most probably because of the heavier diesel engine and the engine noise was typical diesel, and I clearly prefer the throaty sound of the 2.7 over that. It definitely felt effortless pulling it from 0 to 60, after which I started missing the 2.7 very much.

In the 2.8, I could not feel much of a difference driving the car in Power and Normal mode (Eco was quite significant). The revs are at around 2,000 rpm while the car is at 110 kmph, and it tends to get noisy inside the cabin.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-snap_20220601082450.jpg

At the same time, in my 2.7, every mode feels different. The engine isn't as torque-y but once you get going, the car picks up pace in no time. I am also a 100% sure that past 70 kmph, it will be the diesel 2.8 in the petrol 2.7's ORVMs. When the car is at 120 kmph, the revs are at 2,000 rpm, and the engine noise is minimal at that point.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-photo20210721102032.jpg

It is past 60/70 kmph where the petrol 2.7 gets to show off and really get going. The car isn't much of a drinker if driven sedately. One can manage anywhere between 8 to 12 kmpl.

Overall, I feel 2.7 petrol is far more superior in it's ways, and the only reason the 2.8 felt good was:
1. Fuel efficiency
2. Low end grunt
3. Good for city speeds and quick overtakes (overtakes are equally effortless in the 2.7 petrol)

Getting back to the trip, we managed to get a fuel efficiency of 12.1 kmpl (and highest of 14.7 kmpl was seen) with 4 on-board and 4 medium-sized suitcases (the petrol would have returned a fuel efficiency of 10.5 kmpl at maximum). This also included driving on the hills of Mussoorie in traffic (around 120 kms in all).
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-snap_20220604161840.jpg

Lastly, I was a little surprised realising that the diesel Innova gets a smaller fuel tank. I wish Toyota had given it the bigger 65 litre tank in the petrol.

Thanks for reading!
adigup is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 5th June 2022, 20:37   #3059
BHPian

Guys how do I switch off the factory head unit (2022 Crysta) when I press and hold the power button, the head unit just restarts. I dont want to switch off just the display, but the entire head unit, any ideas?
Old 6th June 2022, 23:34   #3060
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
[*]But now coming to the latest service, the scam was different. When the car was sent in, both the blades were as good as new. Neither did the SA mention that there was a cut. But car returned with both blades cut and the same mentioned in service observations.
An update to this issue: I placed a call to the SA on Saturday to discuss about this issue with the wiper blades being cut. My argument was simple - To the best of my knowledge, wiper blades were intact before sending the car for service we use it almost everyday and there was zero streaking or edge tear. Secondly, they do an inspection when vehicle reaches dealership to check for such replacements so they could add it to the estimate and get my approval. While the SA called me twice to discuss about the camber bolt, nothing mentioned about wiper. Going by the sort of cut there was on the blade, it was easily noticeable. Instead, this issue was only highlighted in the inspection before vehicle sendoff after service.

He had nothing to say for this and only said that I wouldn't have noticed the cut before. I wanted to make a formal complaint so that such issues would not occur. I also wanted CCTV footage to prove that there was no malpractice done.. When I mentioned the word complain, the SA changed his tone and assured to sort the issue for me. He took my home location, promptly turned up today early in the morning and replaced the existing blades with brand new ones.

While his promptness was impressive, I was totally not convinced about this. I wanted to initially pay for the blades which amounts to 1.1k which he refused. I don't understand what exactly is going on with these people. Is it that he paid off his pocket for the new blades? How could he bog down so easily for the mention of complaining? If he was sure that the blade was actually cut before, couldn't he have stood ground and faced the complaint?

All in all, I don't believe that the SA would take a 1.1k hit out of his own pocket. Some sort of adjustment would be done to cover up this cost and perhaps this wiper blade trick will continue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
Guys how do I switch off the factory head unit (2022 Crysta) when I press and hold the power button, the head unit just restarts. I dont want to switch off just the display, but the entire head unit, any ideas?
I have never switched off the display off late but I remember on pressing the power button I would get two options, to turn off the screen and to turn off the unit itself. Not sure if I recall right though.
audioholic is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks