Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2022, 07:26   #3211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Same issue with my car. The rear rims seem to have a runout as per the service comments. But this bend isn't visible nor is it causing any wobbling, air loss etc which is characteristic of a bend.
deal.
I also had an alloy losing shape issue. In my case, they were unable to do balancing and showed the wobbly ( very slight ) nature on a balancing machine. Then i opted to replace the alloy even though it could still be used as a spare.

Quote:
At least with my car they did a shoddy job of wheel alignment even after replacing the camber adjustment bolt after which they claimed they would do a perfect alignment. Right after 100kms of service I was not happy with the steering and went to my preferred shop, just to see huge deviations in the right wheel which exactly as per them was fixed perfectly. Hence I decided not to get the wheels aligned at Toyota in the future.
Which specific Toyota dealer is this ? And which is your favourite wheel alignment shop in Bangalore?
Old 31st July 2022, 09:41   #3212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
Have driven 800km round trip and found my right inner thumb finger skin was slightly peeled, may be due to rubbing against the steering wheel material (no leather, it is just the default one that comes with GX manual) during full turning action. Did anyone face this issue?
I got the steering wheel leather-wrapped, the job was well done and it feels great to hold.
It was done by Devraj (9964031960) from Karthik leather arts, a lot of Team-BHPians have got work done from him. It cost me around 2K.
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_1339.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 2nd August 2022 at 21:10. Reason: Quote trimmed, spacing fixed, image inserted in-line.
sunilg33 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 10:27   #3213
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
Which specific Toyota dealer is this ? And which is your favourite wheel alignment shop in Bangalore?
For me it was Ravindu Toyota. Pathetic guys so far. For alignment we have stuck to Tyre Professionals(part of the Madhus family) from more than a decade. Have always walked out with good results without ever having to go back for rework.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 19:15   #3214
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone got contacts in higher ups of Toyota?

I had booked a Toyota Innova GX Auto in silver two months back on 28th May with Millenium Toyota-Thane and still I am not getting a dispatch date. Everyday the Sale's guy is saying today-tomorrow, we have already been through a 1.14 lakh price increase, 2 interest rate increases and cannot wait anymore.

We might just cancel the booking if this continues.
Old 2nd August 2022, 20:23   #3215

In my Crysta, I get a grinding noise when braking hard - key point being braking hard. I assume this is the ABS kicking in (the grinding and buzzing). Normal braking is smooth. Can anyone confirm this?
Old 2nd August 2022, 20:35   #3216
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikva View Post
In my Crysta, I get a grinding noise when braking hard - key point being braking hard. I assume this is the ABS kicking in (the grinding and buzzing). Normal braking is smooth. Can anyone confirm this?
Yes thats the ABS kicking in. Somehow I am not happy with the tyre grip on the Crysta. Even under moderate braking the front tyres skid and ABS kicks in, causing this grinding noise. But this is mainly on roads with a thin layer of soil on them(usually around construction sites) where I face this issue. On clean paved roads the skidding does not occur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post

I had booked a Toyota Innova GX Auto in silver two months back on 28th May with Millenium Toyota-Thane and still I am not getting a dispatch date. Everyday the Sale's guy is saying today-tomorrow, we have already been through a 1.14 lakh price increase, 2 interest rate increases and cannot wait anymore.
Sorry to hear about this. Perhaps a complaint on the website on the grounds of the SA not committing to a fixed delivery date and causing loss to you would work? Before that if you havent done earlier, just mention to the SA that you want to escalate this matter and would like to get the contact details of the dealership higher up as well as the Toyota responsible. Usually that should shake him up or at least make things better for you.

Last edited by audioholic : 2nd August 2022 at 20:38.
audioholic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 20:38   #3217

Quote:
Even under moderate braking the front tyres skid and ABS kicks in, causing this grinding noise.
This is true and happens more often than it should. Apart from the poor headlamps, this is my one other gripe on the Crysta.

Last edited by aah78 : 2nd August 2022 at 21:08. Reason: Spacing.
raikva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 15:40   #3218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Sorry to hear about this. Perhaps a complaint on the website on the grounds of the SA not committing to a fixed delivery date and causing loss to you would work? Before that if you havent done earlier, just mention to the SA that you want to escalate this matter and would like to get the contact details of the dealership higher up as well as the Toyota responsible. Usually that should shake him up or at least make things better for you.
Today their Customer Care head as well as the Sales head called.

The Customer care manager said we can't offer you the waiver of 88 thousand which they were going to pay me back from the invoice amount of 27.14. This 27.14 includes accessories which I don't want on a car aka can't honor their deal and then the sales manager called and said there are no cars available and can't promise a date.

Looks like Toyota dealerships are bunch of thugs who don't want to stick to commitments, nor sell cars to customers who don't want their rear guards etc (which should be illegal btw as its an after market accessory).

Let me start a separate thread on this.
Old 3rd August 2022, 16:34   #3219
Team-BHP Support

Got this indication on the MID yesterday. Assuming it is for AdBlue? As you can see, the car had been run 1168 kms when this popped up (a mix of highway + highway/hill + city driving). Took it on a short drive on the highway, and by the end of the 40 kms round trip, the indicator now shows 2470 kms.

I should refill AdBlue when it is sub-1500? Would a product from IOCL / HPCL work just as fine as Toyota's? How many litres will it take in, when the indicator shows sub 1500kms?

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-32e6209f942d49f987a156fe7c78fe56.jpg
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 16:47   #3220
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Today their Customer Care head as well as the Sales head called.

Looks like Toyota dealerships are bunch of thugs who don't want to stick to commitments, nor sell cars to customers who don't want their rear guards etc (which should be illegal btw as its an after market accessory).

Let me start a separate thread on this.
Unfortunate that their behaviour was like this. While my service experience was not so great, the sales experience was top notch and can be regarded as the benchmark. As a last try you can escalate the matter to Toyota directly. Hopefully then they could pull up their socks. Have you enquired with a different dealer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Got this indication on the MID yesterday. Assuming it is for AdBlue? As you can see, the car had been run 1168 kms when this popped up (a mix of highway + highway/hill + city driving). Took it on a short drive on the highway, and by the end of the 40 kms round trip, the indicator now shows 2470 kms.
No thats not for the Adblue. Its a stupid indication of the money you have saved with the current FE compared to the target FE you have set in the comparison value above. I dont understand the sort of foolishness in omitting things like the Cruise control set speed, Actual adblue level etc that could have been displayed on the MID instead of such fuel saving calculations for a 2400cc oil burner.

For the Adblue, once the remaining quantity is going to last less than 2400kkms, you get 1. A low adblue indicator light that stays on all the time on the cluster, 2. A pop up warning of how much adblue is left when you start the car, 3. A permanent message displayed in the error list on the MID.
audioholic is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 17:42   #3221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil.nayak View Post
We also have a 2.8 GX AT (2017). My Crysta drives much faster. The engine tuning is absolutely superb. So much power on tap. All concerns of mine about the 2.4 litre engine have been laid to rest.
Can you elaborate on this please. Logically speaking am scratching my head as to how would a car with lesser displacement be faster than an identical one with more displacement considering all else is the same?
Old 3rd August 2022, 22:41   #3222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunate that their behaviour was like this. While my service experience was not so great, the sales experience was top notch and can be regarded as the benchmark. As a last try you can escalate the matter to Toyota directly. Hopefully then they could pull up their socks. Have you enquired with a different dealer?
I tweeted to them and they gave a standard reply asking me to send them my number through dm which I did, no calls from them.

Dealer has for 2 days to sort this out. Other dealers are quoting 2 months for delivery.

My mom just went through cancer and is recovering and we want to spend as much time taking her out throughout India and these guys are putting a spanner in this.

We have waited the promised 2 months for the car already and now this dilly dally.
Old 3rd August 2022, 23:43   #3223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyencar View Post
Can you elaborate on this please. Logically speaking am scratching my head as to how would a car with lesser displacement be faster than an identical one with more displacement considering all else is the same?

Exactly what I have written. My 2.4 Gx AT is faster than our older 2.8 Gx AT. It guess it boils down to the engine tuning electronics.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 4th August 2022 at 05:17. Reason: Removing unwanted spaces.
Old 4th August 2022, 08:23   #3224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil.nayak View Post
Exactly what I have written. My 2.4 Gx AT is faster than our older 2.8 Gx AT. It guess it boils down to the engine tuning electronics.
As per most performance testing, the average 0-100 kmph timing for 2.8 AT is around 11.5 seconds and for 2.4 AT , it's around 13.25 seconds. In addition, the 2.8 diesel have a huge torque spread as well which makes it a breeze to drive at low rpms. So, I'm not sure about this.
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 09:48   #3225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
As per most performance testing, the average 0-100 kmph timing for 2.8 AT is around 11.5 seconds and for 2.4 AT , it's around 13.25 seconds. In addition, the 2.8 diesel have a huge torque spread as well which makes it a breeze to drive at low rpms. So, I'm not sure about this.
Quote:
It may be the in-gear acceleration. If one drives in a specific speed band, a lower displacement engine with earlier turbo activation and different gear ratios can feel quicker.

When I switched from my 154 hp , 400 NM Hexa to 200 hp, 500 NM Fortuner, I felt my Hexa was much faster than Fortuner. Later I realized it was because of the gearbox tuning and turbo activation range of Hexa which enabled it go very quickly from 40KMPH to 80KMPH with the RPM staying below 2200 or so. With Fortuner, I had to take the RPM higher to get that same effect. And since I can very rarely go above 80KMPH in kerala roads, that in-gear acceleration in the specific speed band was more valuable to me.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 4th August 2022 at 10:17.
padmrajravi is online now   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks