Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2016, 14:36   #31
BHPian

Re: Datsun Redi-GO : Official Review

Excellent review, rating it 5 stars! It is a good car, they've differentiated it from the Kwid which is great.

But, Nissan can't expect this car to have the same impact as the Kwid. They need to do some serious marketing to make any sort of an impact, especially after the GO.

What I don't understand is, when the car can have a nice MID with distance to empty and everything, why can't it have a central locking system?? With this and all the exposed metal , I really can't see myself buying this.

Gotta appreciate Hyundai - Eon introduced in 2011, still has the best interiors in the segment (without any major upgrades). With such a competitive market, other players need to up the game where it matters - provide Hyundai like VFM.
Old 5th July 2016, 11:05   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
The Datsun Redi-GO has been launched in India at a price of between Rs. 2.39 - 3.34 lakhs (ex -Delhi).

What you won't:

• 3-cylinder engine vibrates excessively (especially when idling) & sounds unpleasant (as the revvs climb)
This is real deal breaker for me

We are in 2016 and not in 1990 now. Engine vibrations and unpleasant sound from a small petrol engine is totally unacceptable. Everything else i liked about the car. Looks really funky and cool for a small car. Space is also really good considering price. It can attract so many young people who are tight on budget. Alto scores heavily when it comes to engine, their engine which is ultra smooth and vibration free, mostly. Nissan missed the trick here badly. I would pay 20 K extra if i get smooth engine which is vibrations free.

Last edited by aniketi : 5th July 2016 at 11:12.
Old 5th July 2016, 13:46   #33
BHPian

What is that open connecting slit between the 2 cup holders for?
Is it to accommodate a smartphone standing on its side? Or for the handle of a cup?
My Logan too has such a slit but not smartphone deep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
...Two cup / bottle holders provided here:

karpusv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2016, 20:07   #34
Senior - BHPian

Exterior is funky, good set of colors to choose from.
Interior though functional looks really drab,The least they could have done for interiors was to colour it black and give a second glovebox ( cover ).

This grey shade reminds one of old era, maybe the late 1980,s old maruti's.
At this cost its a good buy for someone starting with OLA/UBER.

Last edited by silverado : 5th July 2016 at 20:13.
Old 6th July 2016, 19:37   #35
BHPian

I just read that the redi go has sold close to 3000 units in the 23 days since its launch with the datsun brand selling more than 4000 cars this month.

The redi go could just be the silver lining that datsun was hoping for. A good, well rounded product at a great price.
Old 7th July 2016, 16:33   #36
BHPian

3000 Datsun Redi-GO sold in 23 days!

As per the official communication, Datsun managed to sell close to 3000 units of redi-GO in 23 days post launch.

Starting at 2.39 Lakhs, Datsun redi-GO is one of the least expensive vehicles sold in the Indian market. It measures measures 3,429 mm long, 1,560 mm wide, 1,541 mm high, has a wheelbase of 2,348 mm, and boasts of a best-in-class ground clearance of 185 mm.

Source : http://indianautosblog.com/2016/07/d...ts-sold-236835
MunnabhaiMBBS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2016, 16:51   #37
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 3000 Datsun Redi-GO sold in 23 days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunnabhaiMBBS View Post
As per the official communication, Datsun managed to sell close to 3000 units of redi-GO in 23 days post launch.

Starting at 2.39 Lakhs, Datsun redi-GO is one of the least expensive vehicles sold in the Indian market. It measures measures 3,429 mm long, 1,560 mm wide, 1,541 mm high, has a wheelbase of 2,348 mm, and boasts of a best-in-class ground clearance of 185 mm.

Source : http://indianautosblog.com/2016/07/d...ts-sold-236835
These numbers are the dispatched cars to the dealerships. I really doubt if all of them are bought by customers because I haven't seen a single Redi-Go in Pune till now. I might be wrong though.
Old 7th July 2016, 16:54   #38
Senior - BHPian

I have already seen a few on road. Where as the Kwid, although a very contemporary design that looks great on print and media, I was a little disappointed to see it in flesh. It looked cheap and somehow did not give me the premium look that was promised in all the ads and promotions. But I really liked the Redigo when I saw it parked in my parking lot. Fit and finish and paint job looked good in the first glance and I can easily see it replace my Spark in my native town as a cheap runabout to be used just a few months every year.
Old 7th July 2016, 17:22   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

If these numbers are actual sales (and not just dealership dispatches), we can deduce that cheap/ inexpensive cars still sell in India- provided they don't look cheap!
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2016, 18:01   #40
Team-BHP Support

For a newly launched car, 3000 isn't that big a number for three weeks, isn't it? Most of it is the initial euphoria/novelty.

The sales figures a couple of months down the line will give a more realistic idea of how the Redi-GO fares.
Old 9th July 2016, 16:11   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

50 Redi-GOs were delivered by Datsun India at a Kollam dealership in a single day.

Pinnacle Nissan, Kollam, held a special ceremony in which the keys to all 50 cars were handed over to the owners by Vishvambaran, CI of Police, Kollam and Shabeen Muhamedali, Dealer Principal, Pinnacle Nissan.

Datsun Redi-GO : Official Review-datsunredigo50unitsdelivered1.jpg

Datsun Redi-GO : Official Review-datsun-redigo-lined-up-delivery.jpg

Quote:
Speaking on the occasion, Arun Malhotra, Managing Director, Nissan Motor India, said: “I am delighted to see significant demand for the newly-launched Datsun redi-GO in the Kerala region. Delivering 50 redi-GO vehicles in one day to customers here in Kollam is a reflection of how well the brand is resonating with young India. We are delighted to deliver personal mobility to so many new car buyers. Our lively redi-GO urban-cross is loaded with several best-in-class features and offers a great value proposition for the young and ambitious who are ready to take the next step in their lives.
Motoroids

Last edited by GTO : 10th July 2016 at 10:22. Reason: Adding one pic :)
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2016, 18:24   #42
BHPian

The styling of redi-go looks very contemporary and stylish.

But the very good review has proved beyond that not everything that glitters is gold.

While redi-go is better looking than its rivals viz alto and kwid, there are still a few rough edges Datsun needs to look into, so that redi-go becomes class leading and not to mention the afss of maruti in every nook and corner of the country
Old 12th July 2016, 19:13   #43
BHPian

Nice looking car, but do we know how it fares in terms of safety. Are there variants available with ABS, airbags etc?

Obviously its foolish expecting crash test results for a newly launched car, but how do nissan/datsun cars do in general on safety?

IIRC, the Go was concluded to be of an unstable body structure?

Last edited by harryputtar : 12th July 2016 at 19:14. Reason: Grammar
Old 14th July 2016, 17:15   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Datsun seems to have ticked all the right boxes for the Redi-Go. The "urban-cross" hatch has crossed the 10,000 bookings mark so far, according to the company.

Most of the bookings have come from metropolitan as well as Tier-II cities.

Quote:
This news has excited Datsun- one of the fastest growing car brands in India. A large chunk of the bookings have come from metropolitan as well as Tier 2 cities which indicates that the car's “urban-cross” spirit- a unique fusion of compact crossover and hatchback has started growing on consumers mind.

Commenting on the occasion, Arun Malhotra, Managing Director, Nissan Motor India Pvt. Ltd. said, “Datsun redi-GO is bringing a lot of new energy and freshness to the entry car segment. Its eye-catching design and best-in-class features are getting noticed as more and more customers choose to go with redi-GO”.

Furthermore, he added, “We have started deliveries of redi-GOs this month to customers across the country and are delighted by the way Datsun redi-GO is being embraced by the younger generation in the country.”
OnCars
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th July 2016, 18:07   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Datsun seems to have ticked all the right boxes for the Redi-Go. The "urban-cross" hatch has crossed the 10,000 bookings mark so far, according to the company.
10K is a decent volume for a relatively unknown brand. Lot of effort has gone into marketing and the results are starting to show. The ad for Redigo was good and is being aired every now and then to create much needed visibility.

The ad is vibrant with a catchy tune targeting the younger audience

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Most of the bookings have come from metropolitan as well as Tier-II cities.
This is where Nissan's tie up with MyTVS will come handy. MyTVS has a decent network in tier II cities. Hope they make use of the partnership and the infrastructure fruitfully.

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 14th July 2016 at 18:08.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks