Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2016, 20:37   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Datsun Redi-GO : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Datsun seems to have ticked all the right boxes for the Redi-Go. The "urban-cross" hatch has crossed the 10,000 bookings mark so far, according to the company.
No offence to Datsun, but finding this claim of 10K bookings a little hard to believe. Quite surprising that a relatively unknown brand with a poor history can rack up 10K bookings in such a short time.

Wonder if it is a rebound effect where people who have booked the Kwid are switching over due to the long wait periods.
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2016, 13:59   #47
BANNED

Have spotted one in Hyderabad. The front face looks good but looking at the rear it looks bit out of shape. Also the expose metal inside can unhappy some buyers when other cars in this segment have not gone for this type of cost cutting. Wondering how much Datsun has saved by not providing plastic panels over some of the places inside.
Old 14th August 2016, 07:09   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj1982 View Post
Have spotted one in Hyderabad. The front face looks good but looking at the rear it looks bit out of shape. Also the expose metal inside can unhappy some buyers when other cars in this segment have not gone for this type of cost cutting. Wondering how much Datsun has saved by not providing plastic panels over some of the places inside.
Datsun must be hoping to sell a million Redigos. In that case, saving even Rs 100 by not providing full plastic panel would amount to Rs 100 million. They may have thought this way. Next, they are also offering various customizable kits according to one's taste. But they should know that customers happily shell out a few thousands more for a better fit and finish like that of Hyundai.
amitjha086 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2016, 17:32   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
No offence to Datsun, but finding this claim of 10K bookings a little hard to believe. Quite surprising that a relatively unknown brand with a poor history can rack up 10K bookings in such a short time...
My native is a small town and I managed to see 2-3 Redigos yesterday when I was waiting for the bus (10-15 mins) - was definitely surprising to me. The car is definitely chic and coupled with a low price, should be attracting enough attention. I am not sure metros are so welcoming for the brand / product though.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 14th August 2016 at 17:33.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 17:56   #50
Senior - BHPian

Datsun Redi-GO Sport teased ahead of September 29 debut

Datsun India has teased a special edition model of the Redi-GO hatchback, christened as the Redi-GO Sport. The teaser image shows certain cosmetic updates on the outside, though nothing is yet known about changes inside the cabin. It is expected to be launched on September 29.

The teaser image shows that the Redi-GO Sport will get black racing stripes on the hood, which will likely continue onto the roof and rear hatch. The wheel covers have also been blacked out. The lower part of the bumper and the front grille bezel have been given a black finish as well. Presence of LED DRLs on the model in the teased image suggest that the Redi-GO Sport edition will be based on the top-end S-trim. There might be some added equipment inside the cabin.

No mechanical changes will be made to the Datsun Redi-GO Sport edition, and it will continue to be powered by the 799 cc, three-cylinder petrol engine that churns out 53 BHP and 72 Nm of torque. This engine is mated to a 5-speed gearbox.

Datsun Redi-GO : Official Review-0_468_700_httpcdni.autocarindia.comextraimages20160927034803_redix.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 27th September 2016 at 18:03.
dZired is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 19:09   #51
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Datsun would be well-advised not to come out with such gimmicky stickered editions, and instead add stuff of real value to the regular variants, such as:
  • Standard driver airbag & seatbelt pre-tensioners across the range
  • Retractable rear seatbelts across the range
  • Central/remote locking
  • Front fog lamps
  • Brighter/higher quality LED DRLs
  • Manual day & night IRVM
  • Internally adjustable ORVMs
  • Bluetooth connectivity
  • Better overall insulation
  • 68 PS 1.0 litre twin-cam SCe engine option
The Redi-GO looks like a smart tall boy hatchback on the road. It's a neat, sharp design, doesn't look bad at all, and appears more like a car in the class of the Wagon-R or (the erstwhile) Zen Estilo. It's GC of 185mm is also a big advantage.

Datsun only have to make small changes and add some crucial missing features to make this car a reasonable success.

Last edited by RSR : 27th September 2016 at 19:21.
RSR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 22:42   #52
Senior - BHPian

At the price point it is sold, it is a much better option than TATA NANO.
Especially this new stickered Sporty version, hope it carries that theme to the interiors, since it badly needs that.
Old 28th September 2016, 12:56   #53
BHPian

This version is already in the showrooms. Just saw a white one with the stickers in the morning. Couldnt get a closer look.
Old 29th September 2016, 09:42   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
No offence to Datsun, but finding this claim of 10K bookings a little hard to believe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
My native is a small town and I managed to see 2-3 Redigos yesterday when I was waiting for the bus (10-15 mins) - was definitely surprising to me.
I have seen only a single RediGO on road since its launch here in Hyderabad but when I take a look at the TeamBHP thread for sales(read:factory despatch) numbers, I see that the RediGO is doing reasonably well.3000+ units per month is Eon/TUV/Amaze territory. I see a lot of these cars(new) on road but not the rediGo.

It's definitely doing well somewhere and small towns maybe the answer. The sticker jobs maybe a response to make it appealing to the urban youth. I see a few who bought the swift with those hideous decals which they call 'sport edition' or something, so why not this.
Old 29th September 2016, 12:24   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Datsun India has launched the Redi-GO "Sport" edition at a price of Rs 3.49 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi.

Mechanically unchanged from the regular Redi-GO model, the "Sport" edition gets body decals and all-black interiors with contrasting red inserts, and some added equipment such as a driver airbag, a Bluetooth-based HU, parking sensors, LED DRLs up front, a rear spoiler and a keyless entry system.

Datsun Redi-GO : Official Review-rdgo1.jpg

Quote:
The special-edition of the Redigo features a sportier exterior, as hinted in the teaser image that the carmaker had released a few days ago.

Major changes are racing stripes on the body, a roof mounted spoiler and red accents on the grille and blacked-out hub-caps. The grille also gets a gunmetal finish. It’s worth noting that alloy-wheels are still not on offer.

The car now gets an all-black interior with red contrast stitching and red inserts across the cabin.

Based on the top S trim, the limited edition Redigo Sport gets additional equipment such as remote keyless entry, Bluetooth phone compatibility, rear parking sensors and LED daytime running lamps. In terms of safety, the car comes equipped with a driver airbag.

The Redigo Sport is available in three exterior colour options – grey, white and red.
ACI

Last edited by RavenAvi : 29th September 2016 at 12:25.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2016, 00:34   #56
BANNED

Nissan is recalling 932 units of entry level car redi-Go from its Datsun brand in India to fix faulty fuel system.

Quote:
"Datsun is conducting a voluntary recall campaign on certain India-manufactured Datsun redi-GO vehicles to inspect the fuel hose and fix a clip at no cost to the customer," Nissan Motor India said in a statement.

Datsun will start notifying affected owners from this month.

The recall will affect units manufactured till May 18, 2016, a company official said.
Source: http://m.economictimes.com/industry/...w/54811691.cms
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2017, 16:39   #57
BHPian

Datsun RediGO - Quick review by Ex-Alto owner

Datsun's RediGo

Datsun Redi-GO : Official Review-20161119_145210.jpg

Happened to test drive Datsun’s RediGo a month back. I was planning to write down the review, but could not get enough time. But today, I decided to pen it down and so, here goes my review report. RediGO is already reviewed in TBHP and it is exhaustive. So as an ex-Alto owner, I shortened my review focusing on comparison with Alto in general aspects.

It all started when I received a customary SMS from Rajeshwari Nissan (local Nissan dealer in erode) when they launched RediGO in Erode. As I am one of their existing customer who owns a Micra, I became curious to test drive RediGO then. Last month, I was in my home town (Erode), and got a few hours to kill. So called the ASM in the local dealership and conveyed my wish to test drive RediGO. We squared upon 2:30PM as our test-drive time.

Me and my niece reached the showroom on time, and we were attended immediately. The test drive car was kept ready. Myself and a show room associate hopped into the test drive car and moved out. I am reviewing this as a ex-Alto owner. I used to own the Alto Lxi, which was sold before Alto 800 was introduced.

I also made a quick video. Edited a bit.

Interiors
RediGO’s interiors are ‘economical’. It is not cheap, but it is better than cheap. The quality of plastics is okay considering the price of the car, and it is on par with Alto, or little better than Alto in certain parts. There is space, and it is better than Alto. I always find my Alto to be cramped. The Interior design language in RediGO is more minimal, functional, than form and features less quirky design cues. The dashboard, it’s curves, angles etc everything seem to adhere to one design language. In my Alto, the design language was okay, but it always looked like a mashup of 2 or 3 design thoughts. One good thing in RediGO is the fixed blower, focused to the rear-seats.

The interior color is a different shade than my old Alto. I prefer the color of my Alto’s plastics than RediGO. The doors are padded completely in plastic. The door panel did not flex, and it was firm. I was bit skeptical on that one, because I thought being a competitor to Alto, RediGO must be using some cheap plastics for door pads. Luckily it is not the case. The door closes with a tinny sound and the famous ‘wobbling’ effect was not felt. But I did felt once, when I slammed the door. Not a deal breaker IMO. I think it depends on how powerful the slam is. The real effect of cost-cutting or cost-saving is revealed in the rear doors. It is a dis-heartening to see exposed bare metal.

There are ample storage space around to store your knick knacks. A car charger socket and a set of cup holders.

RediGO, being a tall-boy design offers convenient ingress and egress. In my Alto, it took a bit of effort to ingress and egress - especially when I just finished a long drive. The seats are decently padded and I could not find any fault with the cushioning. But yet, I could not praise it to be super-duper. It is better and no complaints. The driver seat in RediGO offers decent forward and backward sliding. I was able to adjust the seat to my comfort position within seconds. The rear seats are pretty decent too. Ingress and egress are decent. My 5’9” frame was able to sit upright in a comfortable position, and also I was able to sit relaxedly as well. RediGO beats the Alto here. Whenever I travelled in my old Alto, I despised the rear seat comfort. The under-thigh support was minimal and felt uncomfortable in the long drives.

The steering height in RediGO is pretty decent, I felt no awkward shoulder postures. Ergonomics is okay. In Alto, I always felt the steering is a bit higher, and never liked it. But in RediGO I did not feel that way. The ABC pedals were decently spaced out and I did not brush with my other foot when driving. RediGO has decent amount of boot space. Though I do not know the exact specifications, I guess it can comfortably hold your weekend luggage or weekly shopping stuffs. That’s the good thing, and the bad thing is - The loading bay is bit high than Alto. A little bit of effort is needed to lift things up.

The console is pretty decent featuring a analogue meter for speed, and MID for everything else. There are a bunch of independent status lights too. The MID (depending on the variants, I believe) shows various parameters. The MID features Digital tachometer, ODO, Trip meter, Avg FE, Real time FE and Distance to Empty numbers too. That’s really cool.

The Audio system is pretty basic and sounds just okay. If you are looking for good sound quality I recommend to upgrade.

Exteriors
I think RediGO is the only car in this segment to feature a proper Tall-boy design. Eon too features a tall-boy design but I never felt it that way, when I rode Eon years ago. To me, Eon features a semi-tall boy design. Correct me if my observation is wrong. Coming back to RediGO, the exterior design is better. It is modern, with no offence design language. The quirky grill looks out-of-design, I never liked it in GO and GO+. In RediGO, it is just okay. Hate it or love it.The paint job is okay for the price. The tyres are good, but a bit thin. I was wary about this, but I changed my opinion after the test-drive. One thing I did not like was - the three bolt design. Why Nissan why? this may put off most buyers. But all the shortcomings are mended by the superb ground clearing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20161119_145210.jpg
Views:	12675
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	1598139
Datsun Redi-GO : Official Review-20161119_145219.jpg
Datsun Redi-GO : Official Review-20161119_145233.jpg
Datsun Redi-GO : Official Review-20161119_145259.jpg

Overall I liked the exterior design of RediGO. More modern and bit fluidic too. My old Alto had a offensive-to-none design and it usually grows in you. And the new Alto 800 is a “like it or loathe it” design. In my video clip, a white RediGO with optional cladding accessory is shown. The cladding is part of the OE accessories which need to be purchased separately.

On the road - Comfort
We took the test drive car through some rough roads and good roads. To my surprise RediGO handled the rough roads very decently. Body roll is minimal and my body was not thrown around when travelling over bad roads. The good ground clearance and the suspension handles most roads well and the passengers will not complain, if not praising. This was on par with my old Alto. Though both cars belong to different class (Tall-boy vs. standard), I do not find any complaints with RediGO's suspension. It may not win accolades, but one could not find fault with it either.

On the road - Performance
The clutch is light, and requires very less effort to operate by foot. People who prefer light clutches for city-drive will like it. The test drive car’s clutch was bit abused, but yet it offered a comfortable experience during gear shifts. The gear box is okay’s and light. The gear shifts are a bit rubbery as expected in this class of car. I do not find any odds. The engine’s power is decent and the 3 pot motor is quite sufficient to drive around the city. And yes, ff course the characteristic “raise the engine RPM to move” which is native to 800cc engine is there. If you are looking for spirited performance, you will be disappointed. RediGO is best driven sedately. I was able to move in the top gear at around 35-45 and it did not hiccup much. I find the drivability is on par with Alto if I am not wrong. The pickup seem to be decent to me. The let down is the linear nature of the pick up speed. Like Alto, over taking requires a bit of planning and needs upshifts to keep the momentum. Steering is effortless and can be operated easily. The horn is audible, but do not expect people to move to the sides. The engine noise is felt and noise-insulation is sacrificed in favour of cost cutting. Overall I find the RediGO’s engine performance to be decent.

Major Likes
+ Looks and Tall boy design
+ Easy ingress / egress
+ Decent engine and gearbox
+ Adequate power on tap
+ Interior Space
+ Decent comfort
+ Neutral Ride quality

Major Dislikes
- Engine Noise
- Exposed metal in rear door
- Three bolt tyres
- Less spread dealers and service network across the nation.

Conclusion
RediGO and Alto / Alto 800 are targeted as entry level cars. RediGO excels in few places and matches in most places with Maruti Suzuki Alto. Overall IMO, RediGO fares a bit well than Alto. Given a choice between RediGO and Alto, I may choose RediGO for the ingress/egress and space it offers, over Alto.

I really wish Nissan/Datsun to improve their service quality, than the current level. Currently they are okay atleast in this part of the state. Yet current customers still face a hit-or-miss service quality in most parts of the country.

Prologue
I also test drove the Datsun GO back to back, post the test-drive of RediGO. It really felt very different in a positive way. GO is much more spacious than RediGO. It also offered better performance on road - but that is due to the 1.2L engine plonked into it. Ergonomics wise - I find RediGO to be much better. But GO featured better quality seats than RediGO.

It was interesting to hear from the associate that some prospective buyers who walked in to check out RediGO actually cross-shopped and bought GO. One prime reason being the price gap between RediGO variants and GO variants is not too wide. So it seemed logical that people cross shopped between models. After the test drive and mini-video shoot was over, myself and my niece hopped into our Micra, and it felt leagues better. Haha.

So, in my opinion RediGO is a good car for those who look for their first car. If you have a little more budget to spend, and prefer to buy from Nissan-Datsun then, Datsun GO/GO+ or even, Micra Active are decent options.

Last edited by rajeshsundaram : 23rd January 2017 at 19:14.
rajeshsundaram is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st February 2017, 23:40   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Mr. Savji Dholakia of H.K. Diamonds rewarded his employees with RediGO. Datsun team is reported to have delivered a total of 650 redi-GOs in a single day. Though the total no. of cars rewarded are around 1200.
Last year also, he reported to have rewarded his employees with around 700 FIAT Punto.
Source
Highh5 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th February 2017, 22:50   #59
BANNED

Re: Datsun RediGO - Quick review by Ex-Alto owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshsundaram View Post

Prologue
I also test drove the Datsun GO back to back, post the test-drive of RediGO. It really felt very different in a positive way. GO is much more spacious than RediGO. It also offered better performance on road - but that is due to the 1.2L engine plonked into it. Ergonomics wise - I find RediGO to be much better. But GO featured better quality seats than RediGO.

my niece hopped into our Micra, and it felt leagues better. Haha.

Completely the opposite for us.

We started off with the Micra active(didnt check the normal micra as it was diesel only) and were instantly put-off by the all black interior.

Moved to the Go, and found it, umm, unremarkable. It is a car without a USP. A poor man's Micra.

Finally, since we made the trip to the dealership, decided to check the redi-go too. And the first thing that amazed us was how easy it was to get in and out of. It was pretty airy too, and the seating position was spot on too. The ease of ingress-egress was just wonderful, and contrary to the Team-BHP review, we all liked the exposed metal, it sort of works as a highlighter in the bland interiors. Ofcourse the car we sat in was white, so it works, but if you have a bright green car, it can be polarising, and the dark grey will just add more gloom to the cabin.

However, having said that, we returned to our Skoda, and found it leagues better too.

Still deciding between a Redi-Go and an Alto K10.
Redigo has the looks and the comfort covered, the Alto has a more powerful engine and maruti's A.S.S. .

Hmmm...... decisons decisions.

PS: In Punjab (a state obsessed with tall vehicles and SUVs), the Redigo outsells the Kwid by 100:1. So much so that the Renault dealership in Amritsar shut down.
HyperRetard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 09:07   #60
BHPian

Any idea about the prices of the 1.0 litre variant? Seemed to be a silent launch compared to the publicity they gave to the sticker job on the 0.8 variant, although Sakshi Malik was there to launch both.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks