Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2017, 09:36   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Datsun Redi-GO : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by crdi View Post
Any idea about the prices of the 1.0 litre variant? Seemed to be a silent launch compared to the publicity they gave to the sticker job on the 0.8 variant, although Sakshi Malik was there to launch both.
It was launched at 3.57 Lakhs. There is a news article and a seprate thread for it.

TBHP News
https://www.team-bhp.com/news/datsun...ed-rs-357-lakh

Thread link
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4241419
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 15:19   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqMaster View Post
Good job Guys!

Does this have 3 lug nuts or 4 on each wheel. I ask because the concept seemed to have 3 and I couldn't find out from the images now. I may have missed it.
It has 4 lug nuts!

Very good review guys!
Old 10th March 2018, 15:30   #63

Is there a thread on the review of the new AMT version of the Redi-Go that was released last month?
Old 30th April 2018, 11:39   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Other Points

• The Renault Kwid fared poorly in the Global NCAP crash tests (related news), thus we can safely assume that the Redi-GO will meet an identical fate. Still, it's the same for all entry-level cars, including the Alto & Eon. Only game-changer in terms of safety will come from the government enforcing strict safety norms.
I would like to post an article from CarDekho.com about the safety features of Datsun Redi-Go (link - https://www.cardekho.com/features-st...p-priority.htm).

As per this article, the Datsun Redi-Go has a UN-94 Certified Reinforced Crash Protection Shell (RCPC). The article states that...

Quote:
A notable mention is the UN 94-certified body shell that helps keep the occupants safe in a frontal impact. So yes, buying a budget hatchback does not mean one has to compromise on safety. With the Datsun redi-GO, which has a starting price of Rs 2.49 lakh*, you can rest assured that your safety is given top priority.
Datsun Redi-GO : Official Review-features0.jpg

Details of UN 94 Certification are in the Brochure attached alongwith.

[ATTACH=road-map-2020.pdf]1756596[/ATTACH]
Attached Files
File Type: pdf road-map-2020.pdf (6.82 MB, 443 views)
Old 2nd October 2018, 09:06   #65
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to a Team-BHP Fan (who prefers to stay anonymous) for sending this image in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
The Redi-Go AMT has a feature that I've discovered which would benefit a lot of its owners. If one of the doors of the vehicle is not shut properly, the vehicle will not move. It even has a new badge for the AMT variant.
Datsun Redi-GO : Official Review-image1.jpeg
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th January 2019, 01:38   #66
BHPian

On a recent leisure trip to Himachal, noticed a lot of Redi-go in comparison to Kwid or say Eon.
Only used to see Maruti Alto which rules the local cab market until now in and around dharamshala, dalhousie, chamba and palampur regions, but this time I noticed way lot of Redi-Go.
According to me, Redi-Go is the only car in this range of price bracket with tall boy design which is more comfortable, rather than low slung seats of alto.
Even my friend checked out Redi-Go, for replacing his aging Maruti 800 but decided against it since the sump guard is made of plastic.
Though recently refreshed Datsun Go is still under consideration.
One thing he was not aware of and got to know through me is that Datsun is owned by Nissan. I think Datsun still needs to work more on Brand Building and marketing since they got better sales under their sleeve in comparison to Nissan.

@GTO: When can we have official reviews of Refreshed Datsun Go and Go+.
Old 21st February 2019, 11:02   #67
Senior - BHPian

Came across this update on the Datsun India FB Page, even though the brochure of the Redi-GO still does not reflect these changes. Just hope that apart from ABS with EBD, even Driver side Airbag will be now standard on the Redi-GO along with other necessary changes like Seat Belt Reminders, High Speed Warning alerts, Reverse Parking Sensors etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Datsun Redi-GO : Official Review-screenshot_20190221105108.png  

Old 28th February 2019, 13:29   #68
Senior - BHPian

The official brochure now has the changes mentioned, but I am surprised to see that only ABS with EBD is now standard, and Driver Airbag is still only available in the top spec S variant. Prices don't seem to have any changes.

Datsun Redi-GO : Official Review-datsun-redigo-prices-dehradun-feb-2019.jpg
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Datsun Redi-GO MY Feb 2019 e-Brochure.pdf (1.00 MB, 281 views)

Last edited by AdityaDeane : 28th February 2019 at 13:30. Reason: Added more details
Old 21st March 2019, 11:12   #69
BANNED

Quote:
Datsun Redigo gets safety upgrades

The Datsun Redigo gets more safety equipment to meet upcoming norms. Japanese carmaker Datsun has updated the safety kit of its entry-level offering in India, the Redigo. The hatchback now comes equipped with ABS as standard across all variants.

Datsun has updated the Redigo with the safety feature in order to meet the mandatory ABS norm for vehicles that kicks in on April 1, 2019. Apart from the anti-lock braking system, all variants of the Redigo get safety kit like three-point seatbelts on four seats (the rear middle seat gets a two-point unit), rear door child safety lock and a rear stop lamp. The top-spec S trim gets added safety benefits like a driver’s airbag, remote central locking and LED daytime running lamps. While the base variant misses out on an engine immobiliser, all other trims have it standard.

Interestingly, Datsun has chosen not to equip the Redigo with an airbag, speed alert system, seatbelt reminder system and rear parking sensors across all variants as standard so that the hatchback would conform to norms that will begin from July 1, 2019. We can only assume that Datsun will update the Redigo once again before the aforementioned date.

Otherwise, the Redigo remains mechanically unchanged. It continues to be powered by a 54hp, 799cc three-cylinder petrol engine that’s mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox. There’s a larger 68hp, 1.0-litre engine option too that comes mated to either a 5-speed manual or AMT gearbox.

With the added feature, prices of the Datsun Redigo are expected to go up by Rs 3,000-4,000 depending on the variant. In the entry-level hatchback segment, the Datsun Redigo takes on the likes of the Renault Kwid and Maruti Suzuki’s Alto 800 and Alto K10.
Source

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 22nd March 2019 at 15:04. Reason: Adding quotes for the reproduced content.
Old 15th June 2019, 00:44   #70
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post

• The superior Renault Kwid is priced only slightly higher

Just curious, what makes the Renault Kwid "superior" ?Is it just the touchscreen and the bigger boot, or something else, that I missed.

Cant be looks, because, I, for one, think that this one looks better.
simeonovitch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2019, 03:15   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
As per this article, the Datsun Redi-Go has a UN-94 Certified Reinforced Crash Protection Shell (RCPC). The article states that...
Unfortunately, I suspect there is more marketing than engineering in that bodyshell. Let it pass the NCAP test and then I'll believe it.
Old 26th October 2023, 00:06   #72

Hi guys. My girlfriend recently had an old Redi Go passed on to her, and it's been in a fender bender or two. Managed to get the bulk of the work done, but can't seem to find a replacement headlamp levelling knob, which is also broken. Any leads would be appreciated. Thank you!
Old 31st October 2023, 15:46   #73

Ownership Review and an itch to change- Datsun Redi-go AMT

The need-
A car that can ferry my father from hospital to hospital (being a doctor) in Thane City. Roughly 20-30 kms everyday. Priority list was simple- 1) Easy to Park and 2) Automatic. This was the first automatic car of our family.

The decision-
My father is a diehard fan of either manuals (enjoys his Ecosport Diesel) or Dual Clutch Automatics (his friend's Superb DSG) with no middle ground. However, back in 2018, with an on-road budget of 5 lakhs with the above priorities, we did not have much choice. It was either an Alto K10 or Renault Kwid or a Datsun Redi-go.
Decision-making became very easy in a Maruti Showroom.
SA: Sir, lets test-drive the Alto K10.
Myself: Sure. (Hands over the keys and we head to the showroom parking)
With 6 feet height and 100 kgs body weight, I could not sit comfortably with my left knee cramped in the steering-dashboard gap and right leg tight in an obtuse angle with no possible movement. We tried few seating adjustments but with no seat height adjust, there was limited we could do.
SA: Sir, please check out the Kwid

I wanted my father to stretch the budget and go for a Nissan Micra so he half-heartedly accompanied me to the Ritu Nissan showroom in Thane.
Bang at the entrance was a Datsun Redi-go and he was sold that this is the solution Indian metros need.
To top it off, the dealer passed on a discount of 65k and on-road price was about 4.12 Lakhs for the top spec AMT in 2018.

Ownership tenure-
In the initial year of ownership, Dad was really happy with the car. With 20-22 kmpl in traffic on MMR roads and highly agile nature, it just did the job.
In the meantime, I completed my medical education (after decades literally) and started working in Parel for a hospital set-up. The dynamics changed and Redigo became my daily driver with Thane-Dadar (roughly 27 kms each side) for over 2 years and then Thane-Fort (roughly 35 kms each side) for about a year.
For about 2 years, the negatives of Redigo were masked due to COVID. With nil traffic, I would commute at an average speed of 60 kmph easily.
With normalcy kicking in and car crossing 45k on the ODO, the jerkiness of the AMT became worse.
I hate AMTs. Period.
That aside, its been a fuss free ownership. Between 2018-2020 Nissan had a service center in Navi Mumbai but they would pick the car on time and drop it off at no charge. Rather they would ensure that the fuel is right up to the mark everytime.
Even the 60k service with changing of filters etc was about 5k.
As of today, the car has done 70k kms and completes 5 years. There is one thing that i enjoy about this car and that is how compact it is.
We have always moved a couple of Activas here and there to create space and there she squeezes herself. No need of parking miles away from a shop on a busy Mumbai street. You can literally create parking where you want!!

Fast forward 2023
Things that bother us-
1) The car aint safe and build quality is poor. Basically we got what we paid for.
2) How much is the life of this one? After Datsun's exit, getting parts is taking time these days. Just spent 15k for the first time on 70k servicing and AC issue.
3) Apart from the other cars in the garage, there is a need for occasional highway trips which this car cannot fulfill.
3) Should I aim for 1.2L kms on this and do what needs to be done? Tyres, batteries etc etc.

Is it time to switch given the current scenario to probably an Amaze S CVT?

We have always kept cars for over a decade. But somewhere the gut says, this baby elephant wont make it.
drwat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2023, 19:27   #74
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Well described!
Yes you can blindly go for Amaze Petrol CVT. Fill it forget it car. Zero hassles, 4 star safety and great packaging.
Old 9th November 2023, 10:42   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwat View Post
Ownership Review and an itch to change- Datsun Redi-go AMT

The need-
A car that can ferry my father from hospital to hospital (being a doctor) in Thane City. Roughly 20-30 kms everyday. Priority list was simple- 1) Easy to Park and 2) Automatic. This was the first automatic car of our family.
I could not sit comfortably with my left knee cramped in the steering-dashboard gap and right leg

Is it time to switch given the current scenario to probably an Amaze S CVT?

We have always kept cars for over a decade. But somewhere the gut says, this baby elephant wont make it.
I think you should sell the car, the resale value is going to exponentially drop in coming years. Also if you are comfortable why not test drive the MG Comet? I personally feel like it will offer the best driving comfort for you.
Joe367 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks