Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2016, 11:12   #151
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Ameo : Official Review

Autocar India has come up with a comparo of Ameo and Aspire diesels which should give some idea of 1.5 TDI's performance:

VBOX timings:

0-100 (ACI's times are usually 0.5-1 s slower than company claimed times):
Ameo - 10.74s
Aspire - 11.13s

20-80 in 3rd
:
Ameo - 9.36s
Aspire - 10.26s

40-100 in 4th:
Ameo - 11.33s
Aspire - 12.28s

Link to full review
theredliner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2016, 13:24   #152
BHPian

ACI compares Ameo TDI and Aspire TDCi

Volkswagen Ameo : Official Review-ameoaspire.jpg
Volkswagen Ameo : Official Review-ameoaspire3.jpg

Ameo HT TDI - 8.16 Lacs :: Aspire Titanium + TDCi - 7.89 Lacs

For 27K more, Ameo gives the following

* Telescopic steering
* Touch Screen
* Reverse Camera
* Cruise Control
* Rain sensing wipers
* Auto IRVM
* Rear A/C vent
* Folding rear seat back rest

and loses the following

* Leather seats
* Rear center arm rest
* Side & curtain airbags

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...on-403353.aspx
Karthik Chandra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th October 2016, 14:24   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muski View Post

So currently confused between Ameo DCT HL (10.3 OTR) vs Etios Platinum V (8.2 OTR)

VW ASS and horror stories are a big impediment though for me.

All in all, Ameo is a great offering from VW for sure.
To me it boils down to what you want. If you want a car with explosive engine and not much worried about backseat comfort go for Ameo. If you want a spacious comfortable family sedan go for Etios.

Ameo Positives:
1.Engine
2.Gearbox
3.Premium Interiors

Ameo Negatives:
1.Expensive to maintain in comparison.
2.Not as reliable as Etios
3.Space

Etios Positives:
1.Space
2.Reliability
3.Cheaper to maintain
4.Full size Sedan

Etios Negatives:
1. Already 5+ years old.
2. Lacklustre Engine
3. Interiors are not that great
PrideRed is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2016, 17:08   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
:
VBOX timings:

0-100 (ACI's times)
Ameo - 10.74s

20-80 in 3rd
:
Ameo - 9.36s

40-100 in 4th:
Ameo - 11.33s
From a recent article in Overdrive

Quote:
With the manual gearbox, this engine needs about 2,000rpm to cruise at 100kmph.
The ACI timing for the old Vento 1.6 TDI was as follows

0-100 kmph: 11.30 secs
20-80 kmph in 3rd gear :9.24 secs.
40-100 kmph in 4th gear: 10.50 secs.
100kmph in 5th gear: 2250 RPM

If you look at the Vento and Ameo timings, the Ameo is slower for 40-100 despite making more power and having a wider torque range( 1500-3000 RPM vs the 1500- 2500 RPM of the 1.6 TDI). Plus the Ameo is having fewer revs at 100kmph in 5th.

Taking all this into account, I think they changed the gear ratios of the 4th and 5th gear. This will result in better fuel economy at highway speeds and a higher top speed( which is not really necessary).

Welcome move from VW. That was a good upgrade with respect to performance.
Turbohead is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2016, 09:45   #155
BHPian

Had a quick test drive it DSG version at Volkswagen Whitefield. At crawling speeds with accelerator pressed slightly, I could feel the gear box engaging and disengaging very frequently. Car moved smoothly at the speeds when I gave zero throttle. Apart from this, the car is good to drive.
Pricelist provided doesn't list the non metallic color price for high line. This is listed only for comfortline variant and non metallic color is 10k cheaper. Salesman told me that there are no discounts or offers on Ameo.
Was anyone able to negotiate any discounts? Waiting period was quoted as 3 to 6 weeks for colors that are not available
mtnrajdeep is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2016, 12:42   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Salesman told me that there are no discounts or offers on Ameo.
Was anyone able to negotiate any discounts? Waiting period was quoted as 3 to 6 weeks for colors that are not available
I test drove the Ameo Highline DSG at Volkswagen Palace Cross. I'm confused whether to go Aspire Titanium at 8.8L OTR or the Ameo Highline DSG at around 11.4L OTR.
AT would be really beneficial since my daily home<->office commute involves 60 kilometers. But the low GC of Ameo and the additional 2.5L premium price for DSG along with lower cabin space is moving the decision in favor of Aspire.

The dealer guaranteed to arrange for the vehicle in 1-2 days after getting the payment. The Volkswagen dealer at Palace Cross has some vehicles readily available in white, grey, and blue color. Suggest you check there as well.

They even offered corporate discount and the sales rep hinted about providing additional discounts and few freebies as well.
Old 4th November 2016, 17:47   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post

They even offered corporate discount and the sales rep hinted about providing additional discounts and few freebies as well.
Are VW dealers providing discounts for Ameo? My cousin is looking for one in Coimbatore and none of them talked about discounts.
Old 4th November 2016, 18:51   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
Are VW dealers providing discounts for Ameo? My cousin is looking for one in Coimbatore and none of them talked about discounts.
Its a recently launched car. I don't see any reason to start giving out discounts.
Vento 1.5 TDI (old engine) may have some additional discounts running as Vento will get the higher tune engine in Ameo very soon.
Old 4th November 2016, 19:14   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Its a recently launched car. I don't see any reason to start giving out discounts.
Vento 1.5 TDI (old engine) may have some additional discounts running as Vento will get the higher tune engine in Ameo very soon.
Yeah, thats what my understanding is. But based on previous post about VW Palace cross giving corporate discounts triggered this question.

Looks like not many takers for Ameo so far. Have seen only one vehicle so far in Bangalore
Old 15th November 2016, 09:36   #160
BHPian

Test drove the automatic Ameo Diesel last week. Great engine and great gearbox. I think they have done a great job with the car. The features are grest too. The overall experience with the dealer was nothing short of excellent.
The only thing I did not find comfortable was the brake pedal. Was very high and uncomfortable. Maybe it's just me because of my large feet. But this is perhaps the only thing that I did not like in an otherwise great package.
Old 15th November 2016, 16:10   #161
BHPian

Tried for test driving Ameo diesel yesterday from Apple Auto, Bangalore. It seems the TD vehicle is under service and will not be available for next 2-3 days.
Few quick questions;
Will there be only 1 test drive car in a showroom??
And 2-3 days of service means something major work on it!!

Can anyone suggest which showroom to consider for buying an Ameo diesel in Bangalore?
Old 15th November 2016, 16:33   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron91 View Post
Can anyone suggest which showroom to consider for buying an Ameo diesel in Bangalore?
Not sure about your location. VW Elite Motors in Hosur road have the Ameo diesel for TD as confirmed by SA. But I have not visited as I dropped Ameo from my wishlist. Give them a call to find out.
vijayvelprakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2016, 16:39   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron91 View Post
Tried for test driving Ameo diesel yesterday from Apple Auto, Bangalore. It seems the TD vehicle is under service and will not be available for next 2-3 days.
Few quick questions;
Will there be only 1 test drive car in a showroom??
And 2-3 days of service means something major work on it!!
I was able to get a test drive the 2 times I visited them at their Whitefield outlet. They have the DSG variant as test drive car. Did you visit the same?The other dealer is VW-Palace Cross, closer to Cantonment.
mtnrajdeep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2016, 12:49   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
I was able to get a test drive the 2 times I visited them at their Whitefield outlet. They have the DSG variant as test drive car. Did you visit the same?The other dealer is VW-Palace Cross, closer to Cantonment.
Yea, I visited Apple auto (Volkswagen Whitefield) only.It's not the first time I'm facing troubles in getting a TD from them. Previously, I didn't get TD for GT-Tdi, as they said they don't provide TD for GT-Tdi since it's "very powerful" and don't have TD vehicle in showroom. I lodged a complaint in VW website, and the issue was closed quoting the same reason. But appreciate their quick addressal of the issue from customer.

I followed-up with their executive later, and said the Ameo TD car is under service, and will take 2-3 days.And today they called me up saying car is ready and will drop by my office for TD. Unfortunately no one came by, and I called them back. Seems their TD vehicle met with an accident and is under service again in body shop!!!

I'm in the final stage of deciding my next car, and this kind of situation is putting me in doubt again on the ASS efficiency of VW showrooms.
Old 24th November 2016, 15:05   #165
BHPian

Have deliveries for the Highline DSG model started in Bangalore?

Apple auto Whitefield keeps saying that there have been no deliveries of toffee brown colour since the last 2 weeks as the cars are not yet dispatched from the factory.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks